LNaturals
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Laurie
Fridley Minnesota
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  4:28:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh Thelma .. the picture of Lily is adorable!! I had 2 Shih Tzu for a long time. The both are gone now & I'm just not home enough right now to get one. Ohhh So cute!

Laurie Jean #4200

"I can't clean because... I get distracted by all the cool stuff I find"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  4:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Glenda, I got a scam email just like that with a friends name. It said he was in Spain and got mugged and had no money. I know him well and know he would never send an email like that. Hopefully we won't see anything like that.

Glad to hear your brother is getting good care. I imagine it takes a bit of a load off you and your sister.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  4:56:02 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Thelma for all the beautiful animal and flower photos, love the hummer too and your sweet doggie.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  5:13:41 PM  Show Profile
Thelma, your photos are beautiful!!! Love the rose and the doggie. You are doing a very good job at shooting photos. I have such an old camera, but it must do for now.
Glenda, glad your brother is in good hands. Still praying for him.
Bunny, glad you are all set with your classes now. That must take a load of your shoulders. When do you start again?

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  11:55:29 PM  Show Profile
Janie, so glad that your bad luck was all sorted out by good luck and good people. Hope your back is on the mend. Take good care of it!!

Marylyn, You are going to have a gorgeous pantry full of all the goodies you are putting up. So impressed by all your efforts!

Thelma, Your something-something-thrombosis sounds like something to take pretty seriously. I hope you have found your hot water bottle and are pampering yourself. I can understand your frustration with doctors in general. Your photos look great. I agree with the judge that your centering was exceptional. And I, too, like the photo with the bird framed by the metal.

Holly, It sure has been busy at your house with all the sports camps and birthdays. Glad you are back on your feet after the shrimp episode. What does the Select Board do in your community? Is it like the aldermen or City Council? I think you should go for another strawberry tower if you can use the strawberries. I love expanding my garden with plants that are free! I sure missed you this last week. So nice that you are back.

Connie Sue, sounds like your Pampered Chef business is taking off with a bang. It is nice that you enjoy it so much. I hope you continue to have a lot of interest at your next shows.

Bunny, How can you knock out that many quilts so quickly? They are beautiful. I like the one with the flowers the best, followed by the house! Count me in with Marylyn for a reminder to vote for your kitties!

Tonight we had a friend over for dinner. Ribs, coleslaw and grey poupon potatoes, followed by pineapple upside down cake. It seemed like it was a hit. Really enjoyed visiting with our guest. He has had an unusual like with great stories that go with it. I sent him home with some blackberry and raspberry jam and he seemed pleased.

Dd sent me a link to a personality test by Carl Jung. Of course, I got the same "score" as she did. We are so alike. During her last visit, she and I were sitting on the sofa talking away when I glanced at my husband who was sitting in his LaZBoy. Dh was looking at me kinda funny. I asked him why he had that look on his face and he said, "Oh, it's just that I've been away from "this" for awhile and I had sort of forgotten." I had no idea what he was talking about and asked him to explain. He said, "You two," pointing at dd and I, "have your own language. Neither of you ever finishes a sentence before the other one starts another sentence fragment. I had forgotten what it is like." I have to admit I kind of feel for the poor guy. He is always "behind" in the conversation if he isn't just completely lost. I enjoy having that kind of connection with my daughter. It is very unusual for us to need clarification from one another when we talk. We are just "on the same page." Miss her.

Tomorrow I think I am going to hit JoAnn's sale, armed with my 20% off coupon. Looking forward to that! And stopping by the farmer's market.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  09:10:19 AM  Show Profile
Thelma, love the picture of your little one. Keep it up. I bet next year you'll do better with the judges.

Marianne, I get into what I call mad scientist mode. I'm ADD and it is kind of a whirlwind thing. I still have to do the hand stitching. That takes a lot longer. I love this style of quilts. They are small, only about 14" x14" so really don't take that long to do once I'm in the "mode". You can see my inspiration by looking up. Laura Wasiloski. I love her bright colors and whimsy.

Janet I start school Sept. 24. You'll know by the complain I start doing when the homework takes over my life. I see it as my job right now so each day is close to 6 hours of nonstop homework.

Hope some of you are getting relief from the heat.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  2:17:30 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon, gfs...I just got up to the joy of my new great-granddaughter visiting me!!!! She is about 4 months old now...ahhhh, the joys of age!!!

Bunny, I have got to look up those quilt pieces...I absolutely love them! What wonderful Christmas gifts they would make! Working nightshift now I have a lot of time to do crafts...WooooWhoooo....thank you so much for sharing! Right now I make Dotee dolls but that only takes a couple of nights a month....I have a market basket (that I made) that I carry to work every night...it is filled with thread, fat quarters, scissors, trim, and all sorts of crafty things....quilt art, I think I am ready to try it and if my talent fails me...who's to know, 'cept maybe y'all. Hehehehe.....hey, you never know until you try!!!

Marianne, how wonderful to have such a loving relationship with your daughter....you are both so blessed. My daughter and I are soooo different....gotta love her, and the heavens know I do.

Yes, potatoes have to be blanched!!!! Okay, I'll try them to see how it goes!

Thelma, your dog is awesome...he looks so so...like he is just barely putting up with having his picture taken....sooooo cute!!!

Gotta run...love ya's,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  3:07:59 PM  Show Profile
By the way, Thelma, I am so jealous of your rose. What a lovely color. I could really see that in my lavendar garden! Great photo.

Lucky you, Marylyn, the smell of a four-month-old is heaven on earth. Enjoy that grandbaby.

Had a great bargain finding time today. My JoAnn's coupon was for 25% (not 20%) off my entire purchase. I stocked up on some material and also on "arthritis" fiskars. They happened to be 50% off already so another 25% was a great deal.

Dh was at the bookstore while I was at JoAnn's. We went back to the bookstore to get four puzzles (gorgeous, 1000 piece, $19.99 orginal price) marked down to $2 each. So happy!

Then stopped at Costco for more "bargains." I have to say, ya gotta be careful at Costco. Not everything is a bargain!

Back home now. Leftover ribs from last night for lunch and dh enjoyed some pineapple upside down cake, too. It is the heat of the day here, so we are just staying in the coolness of the house. I will need to check my garden a bit later to see if I need to water.

Hope everyone is having fun,
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  3:42:31 PM  Show Profile
PHOTO NUMBER 9

I took this photo of "Santa" while we were in a butterfly garden 2 weeks ago. His white facial hair seemed to attract the butterflies. Maybe the butterfly was asking him for a special Christmas gift. Someone on the tour bus said, "Darwin has earned his wings."

Edited by - Thelma on Aug 04 2012 3:44:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  3:52:04 PM  Show Profile
PHOTO NUMBER 10

This is a shot of our old barn taken across the sweet corn patch. The barn is going to be torn down yet this year, and I wanted photos before the crew got to work. I took this photo on a overcast day to eleminate pesky shadows.

Thanks everyone for allowing me to post 10 photos here with a simple explination of each one. Now I will be able to apply for my intermediate photograpy badge. You gals are just wonderful.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  5:23:19 PM  Show Profile
marianne, you sure got some great bargains today. Doesn't that feel good once in awhile?
Thelma, Wonderful pictures. It was very enjoyable to see the great photography you took. If only I could do half that good. Looks like Darwin really did earn his wings!! LOL!!!
I worked yesterday and today, and boy, am I glad that is done. Now to recoup for a couple of days. It is sprinkling out right now, supposed to get a big storm tonight. It was so hot and humid today, I hope it rains all night to knock this humidity out. Then 60 feels so good.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  8:52:54 PM  Show Profile
I am taking a quick look tonight to see what you sweet gals are up to. Thelma, we need to thank you for sharing those beautiful, fabulous photos. eye candy! Darwin looks like a sweetie, and a perfect Santa. That butterfly was so beautiful it didn't even look real. I hate to see them tear down that beautiful old barn but we all have to go sometime. Are you going to recycle the wood?
Marianne, you should get a badge for your wonderful posts, sharing your life with us all so beautifully. I love reading your posts. Jan you are so loyal and sweet and it is always so nice to see your post at the end of the day, too. I always miss Holly when she doesn't post and worry that she is working too hard.
I leave tomorrow to go to houston to check on my brother. He is having a rough time. Nobody likes a nursing home. But sometimes it is the only way to help them.
Hugs to the rest of you sisters, I only read this page and looked at the photos. It is almost 11:00 pm and I have been on the phone literally all day long working out problems with my brother. Did get a text from Darlys that she and Larry got their new car so I am happy for her. I miss her funny sense of humor on here, such a treat and always brings a smile. I also spoke with Nancy for a minute yesteday and she is recovering nicely from her cataract surgery and looking forward to seeing better.
good night sisters,see you in a few days. Kathy thank you for your sweet email.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  05:57:04 AM  Show Profile
Went shopping yesterday with Jenny. It seems every time I go shopping, the prices have gone up again. I may have to give up peanut butter. Even the small jars have almost doubled in price this year. Not to mention the cost of meat.

Hubby heard about a local butcher shop that actually slaughters the beef and prepares the meat, then the next day, the meat is in the shop for sale. And the prices were so good, we got 2 pot roasts, 3 NY Strip steaks, 2 boneless chicken breasts 1 piece of liver (that's for me!) and 3 really large dill pickles!! And the butcher behind the counter ignored the rest of his customers to talk to me. It was loud and very busy, but he actually took the time to talk to me as if I was the only person in the shop. I told hubby, we'll be going back. Fresh ground beef was $3.99 lb. It's $3.49 at the grocery store and I don't know where it comes from. I love this place.

Anyway, just stopping by to say I'm still here. Just dying in the heat.....followed by thunder storms that drench the garden. 2nd growth of green beans is really growing well under these conditions, but my tomatoes are splitting from absorbing all that moisture. I have to pick them and hope they'll ripen ok on my counter.

Well, off to church. Prayers for everybody today. And...consider yourself all hugged today.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  12:10:57 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was a very hot day here in the Green Mountains. The man on the radio said it was 94 degrees. We went yard saleing this morning. We did not find any overwhelming bargains. We did find a scooter for Ross. It is some contraption that has wheels in the front and back and when he turns the steering handles left and right it makes the scooter go forward. It is a smooth little machine. Ross loves it.

I also found a box of tan and whitish afghan squares that are crocheted and one of the sets looks almost tatted but is crocheted. The woman who looked to me to be a little older than me said that her grandmother made them. So, now that I have them I have to decide what to do with them.

I am with whomever said she is ADD. I think I am too. I can hyperfocus to get something done. Sometimes I am thinking so hard I am startled when some one interupts me. Otherwise I go from job to job to job working. I do not think of it as being distracted but needing to do another job before the first job can be finished.

I really like Thelma's photos. you must have one awesome lens to get so close to the birds or else you have a very calm aura and it does not disturb them so you can get close.

I am having connection to the internet issues tonight and it is very frustrating.

Mr and Mrs Guinea are very active parents. There seem to be 9 keets around. sometimes those little babies get stuck on one side of a fence and the holes are too small for them to go through anymore. They peep peep peep in a frantic sort of way and Mrs Guinea squawks and paces. I go out to help them through the fence and they are terrified. Mrs Guinea flies at my head and puffs out her wings. Even though I am on the other side of a fence from her it is more than a bit scarey.

I did not use a pattern for the grain bag bag. I never thought to look. I folded the top over about two inches and folded it again and sewed it. On the bottom I decided how long I wanted the bag and cut it off. Then I made a small accordian pleat in each short side and sewed the bottom across. then I double bias folded the straps for the handles and sewed them and then on. I did not really fold on a bias for the handles but it is what the folds looked like when they were done. I never thought to line it. Maybe too much work for right now.

I have been brush hogging that field. I think I must have 6 more hours of work. I go slow and steady.

Our selectboard is like a city council but since the town has 867 plus or minus residents we have the selectboard. I think it would run more smoothly if the state did not add more and more regulations for the towns to follow each year.

I was unable to post last night because of a strobe like internet connection so I am trying now.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  12:54:54 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon all. I am about to take off for Houston and made a last run to town to the Post Office, where I got the most delightful cards from Thelma and Holly. Wanted to take a quick minute to thank you and acknowledge I got them today, as sometimes my mail sits in the box for 2 weeks before I get to it. Holly, you clever girl, I do believe that magnet is Glenda the Good Witch? Or is her name spelled Glinda. Thelma, the little tuck in is perfect and I will use it every day. I usually just grab my card and DL and stick them in my pocket and have lost several credit cards that way. This solves the problem in a very tidy and pretty little pouch. You ladies are so thoughtful and generous. I continue to get further behind, maybe when the winter sets in I will have a month or two to just be inside and catch up on all the things I am too fragmented to do now.
I am to meet with my brother's attorney on Tuesday morning and see what we do now, I have never had power of attorney before and I do not know how I can do what he wants and what is best for him as they are two different things. I am hoping to get some clarity on that as my brother calls me several times a day begging me to come get him. I did not believe things could be worse, but if he remains in this condition it will be a life of hell for him. I would not want to live out my life in a nursing home, dependent upon a stranger to either show up or not regardless of what my urgency is. I do not want this for my brother, but what other choice is there.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  3:23:45 PM  Show Profile
Glenda, sending more prayers your way. It is hard putting someone in a nursing home, but you must do what you feel is the best all around thing to do. He will get good care there, I am sure. Good luck to you.
Holly, you are such a busy farmgirl who we all look up to. Wish I lived closer to help you. Hope you keep the good weather. We had 75 today and very low humidity, but we do still need rain, since it only wet the ground last night. The storm went right by us. I will need to water tomorrow.
Kathy, hope it cools down some for you. It has been such a hot summer for most of us. Glad you found a good butcher to get your meats from.
Nancy, glad your surgery went well. Won't be long and you will be able to see so much better.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  4:34:53 PM  Show Profile
Glenda, sounds like you are in a tough place with your brother. All you can do is pray and wait for guidance. I will be praying for you and your family.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  5:46:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi chickie poos. It has been another long, but wonderful day. It was my turn to serve coffee after church this morning and then Darwin and I went to the nursing home to meet his brothers and sisters and their families for lunch. We helped Mom celebrate her 92nd birthday. On the way home we drove a few miles out of the way and went through the national wetland preserve. It is only open to the public in August and September. Didn't see much wildlife as it was the wrong time of day, but I had fun taking photos of wild flowers. I tried to get a few butterflies, but was leary of God's crawlie critters.

Yes, we wil recycle the old barn. Our nephew wants the useable wood. He will build his family a new house with it. The rotten wood will be burned along with the rotten hay in the hay mow. We would not be taking it down, but it is to dangerous to ignore it much longer. Our nephew has a full time and a part time job so I'm thinking that it will take him a long time to get the job done. I am just thankful that I won't have to pay over $3,000 to have big machines tear it apart. The old gal deserves more respect than that.

Glenda, I am so sorry that your brother is so unhappy. Many years ago my sisters and I had to go through all this will Dad. He was so angry and upset. When we put Mom in a home a few years later she was so relieved not to be living alone any more. It was a lot easier. Anyway life is very stressful at times like these and you have to think with your head and not your heart. God's plan for us usually isn't our plan for us.

Again thanks to every who commented on my photos. It was nice to get such positive feed back. I agree that Darwin's butterfly doesn't look real. I am trying to identify the species. Only thing I can tell you at this point is that it has been imported. Because Darwin feeds the birds they come pretty close to us if we sit very still for a very long period of time. Some birds are more flighty than others.

well chickie poos, I'm going out on the deck and watch the sun set. A glass of wine sounds like a good way to top off a nice Sunday. "Taa taa till the morrow"

Edited by - Thelma on Aug 05 2012 5:49:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  6:06:32 PM  Show Profile
Glenda-

I do not envy you your position in making decisions for your brother. I do believe that the power of attorney or guardianship would only go into effect if your brother is no longer able to make the decisions for himself. You can not make him better no matter how much you want. Your brother must decide what he wants and he must state it. He can not continue to avoid the hard converstaions. It does you no favors. You know all this I am sure.

We take care of a long time friend who has advanced dementia. We recently moved her into hospice. This means that if she gets an infection she will get care to keep her comfortable. She did not move anywhere she is still at home with people who take care of her everyday.

Good luck dear one. These conversations are never easy.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  8:01:27 PM  Show Profile
Glenda, I am so sorry for the uncomfortable decisions you must help your brother make. I am sure he already has an advance directive in place. I hope you can have a conversation that leaves you very clear on what course to take. I pray the facility he is in is of a quality that you feel comfortable. I hope you can have an opportunity to make some good memories while you visit.

Thelma, your Sunday sounds like it was very nice. I would really miss that barn, if I were you. I can understand why you are happy that it will come down slowly.

Kathy, It sounds like you have scored with your new butcher. How did the meat taste? Please remind me... your surgery is the 17th? and Jenny's birthday is the twenty-what? Oh, and sometimes, I think tomatoes split due to sweetness, don't they? Hope you get a break from the heat. It is still in the 90s here at it is almost 8pm. Very unusual for us. Blah.

Holly, doesn't it make you feel so badly for the animal or bird you are trying to help when they just flip out. So, 9 keets sounds like a pretty good number. Are they growing quickly? I would love to see a photo. Hint, hint. My husband brush-hogged our acreage. It took six days of going out early in the morning for about 90 minutes to two hours. We are hoping to break the weed cycle. We were very weed free until they started to build near our fields. Once they started to turn the dirt the weeds really took hold.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

LNaturals
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Laurie
Fridley Minnesota
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  06:42:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!
Glenda, my thoughts & prayers are with you & your brother. I know this is a very hard time.
Thelma, I loved all your pictures! Thanks for sharing them. Keep posting them.
Marylyn, I'm planning on doing some oven canning this week. Thank you for the post on it.

I had a very nice weekend with my gs. He is 14 months & so curious. 2 of my cats are so good with him. He can even pick them up & they just droop over his arms. So cute! We had a storm go thru' Friday nite. I had a large tree branch come down. It missed the deck & the house, sure glad of that. I got all the branches done up & my sil came over Sunday afternoon with the chain saw & cut up the rest for me. My tree looks awfully lopsided now. The same tree got hit last spring.
I went to the farmers market yesterday am. It was really nice out for a change! Lower temps & humitity. This week is suppose to be like that. Hope so! I got alot of work done outside yesterday, but alot more to do.
Gatta go for now.

Laurie Jean #4200

"I can't clean because... I get distracted by all the cool stuff I find"
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  07:59:04 AM  Show Profile
Glenda - doing what we have to do for our family, even if they don't want our help, is the hardest thing we'll ever do in our lives. There are no words we can say to help you through this with your brother. All we can do is continue to pray for your strength and for the caring hands who will be with your brother to help him. In the mean time, here's a great big bunch of hands to help hold you up.

And remember, all us farmgirls are here to help whenever you need us. (I want to say 'hoo haa' here, but it kept coming out 'yee haw'!!)

Marianne - Jenny's b'day is the 26th & my surgery is next week on the 15th. I'm pretty sure Jenny's b'day was added to the last b'day list that was sent out. Maybe you missed it?
Oh and the meat was tender and juicy. We are having one of the roasts tonight and it is in the crock pot right now, smelling the house up. Hhhmmmmm!!

Thelma - your photos were great! Do you think I could have used my cake & cookie photos for part of my camera badge? And by the way, here is my completed cake:
Chocolate cake with chocolate mint fudge filling and vanilla frosting and all those flowers and I did that basket weave my self!

I will be canning my green beans this week. I've kept them in the freezer until I am ready. All my tomatoes are in the freezer. When I get ready to make sauce, I just dump them in the big sauce pot and the skins just fall off. Makes it very easy to then strain and make the sauce. Good thing, cause I don't have any more in my pantry. I have my 2nd growth of green beans already flowering. The heat and rain is great for them. I have lost hope for any pumpkins this year. All flower, no fruit. Oh well, I'll still have the farmers market on Saturday.

Well sisters, I just can't type anymore. My shoulder is killing me & it's time for another pain pill. And I have to hang out my jeans before the rain comes later so they'll dry in time.

Later sisters. You all know that you are in my prayers even if I don't mention you personally.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  08:13:07 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs...I have been up for quite a while, but according to the clock it is still morning! Hehehe...the sun is shining; however it did rain Saturday night..a real nice toad strangler!!! Although not enough to quench the drought...

Oh, Glenda, please, know that my hand is one of those in Kathy's picture...I will be holding you up in prayer.

Beautiful cake, Kathy! Awesome picture, too!

Marianne, what great bargains you got!!! I love shopping like that. Oh, that was my great-granddaughter!!!! And, yes, she smells sooooo good!

Not much going on here, will keep reading and post later!

Love ya's,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  10:56:14 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, your cake looks wonderful! So beautiful!

Glenda, my hand is in there too. You are a good caring sister and I know you will do the right things for your brother.

Temps are in the triples here. I have to go out today and I'm not looking forward to it. Of course it was at least 100 yesterday and what did I do all day? I ironed. For 4 hours.....I had to wash all my fabrics for my little quilts I'm making. I had a serious pile and I'm still not done. I washed all my batiks and solids. At least the basement is cool.

Hope everyone is staying cool.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  11:03:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Glenda, you inspired me soooo. I have all kinds of quilt pictures running through my head...the old store in town they are getting ready to tear down, my husband and his pet cows....on and on...now if I can find the talent to put it into pictures with material!!! I am so excited...and I said I didn't have any talent for it, well keep your fingers crossed!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page