annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  04:59:14 AM  Show Profile
Ice cream!!! My very favorite treat. Darlys I am so glad everything went fine with the fridge. I will talk to you on Monday. Oh, yummy, I want some ice cream now and with strawberries.

Patty, take care of yourself, girl. Rest and recuperate so you can be back in the pink soon.

Marianne, your experiences with the porkies sounds dreadful. They have always scared me a little, those porkies. We don't have any here in FL where I am. My neighbor did tell us about the scorpians though. He was walking barefoot on his lawn and got stung on the heel. There was a scorpian in my shower when I moved into my house but thank goodness he was dead. I have to watch out for them when I am gardening.

Holly, your Leo is so gifted. I am so glad you told us about him. And thank you for the story about Kethry and the cows. I enjoy reading about your wonderful family and all that you do there on the farm.

Janet, you have really been busy, it sounds like, with all the planting. I spent so much time yesterday fixing some drapes that I picked up at the thrift store that I didn't get into the yard until latter in the day. The weather was so nice last evening. The skies were clear and I could see so many stars. It was a warm 68 degrees outside with just a little breeze. DH and I sat outside and we were happy there were no gnats or mosquitos around.

Glenda, I got my package yesterday and I am overwhelmed with everything. Thank you so much.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful ladies. I pray for you daily and am so thankful to God that you are here. I feel so blessed to know you.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  10:10:52 AM  Show Profile
I was reading Holly's cow story out loud when my husband came into the room. He said 'what' and I said the cow in the field? He said 'then, who's on first?' I thought or sure I was going to die laughing, trying to tell him about the cows, he kept interrupting me with the Abbot & Costello story.....well, it was a hoot!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO EVERYBODY. CHOCOLATE ALL AROUND!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  2:03:38 PM  Show Profile
I am not feeling up to par for sure. But wanted to jump on here and say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of you wonderful ladies.

My daughter, the mother of 3 little girls, shared something on facebook that she wrote to the women in her life. Sometimes she just makes me so darn proud. I will share it with everyone.
"When my children do things they're not supposed to, my parental responsibilities require that I correct them and point them toward better behavior. Sometimes though, they make me so proud with their little rebellions. They question me too much, break rules that don't make any sense to them, and sneak when they want to without caring enough to lie about it. I absolutely love being a mom to these girls. When these girls are grown and out wrecking things, standing tall, breaking stuff, kicking ass and taking names, I'll be able to say "Yeah, that's freaking awesome and your mama is so proud." For now I'm going to try not to smile when you step out of line. Happy mother's day to all the amazing women who have put up with my own little rebellions for the past thirty years. I'm grateful that my girls have you all to learn from. And to Z, DJ and Leelee: Be good. But not too good."

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  3:39:39 PM  Show Profile
Happy Mothers Day to all of you - hope you are having a great day.

I am happy to be home with my two furbabies. My daughter is trying to finish up her school year and we both agreed we just needed a day to rest, so we had a long talk on the phone and both took the day off. My son called, and his little guy, Ben, my youngest grandchild, called and we chatted. My best gifts and greatest blessings are simply to hear their voices. My brother who has gone through radiation for throat cancer is getting his voice back, Friday was his birthday and I called him, and let me tell you, it was sweet to hear his voice. His hair is growing back and his burns from the radiation are going away and they are running tests like crazy to see what next. Prayers still needed. I will be going in June to give my sister a break. She sure has been a trooper through all this.
I called my mom and she is out for the day so we will talk tonight, except that I have got to see the last episode of Desperate Housewives so I hope she gets home before that comes on, ha. That is the only show on TV that I have stayed with, and only to see if Lynette and Tom get back together. If they don't I'm really going to be mad. also I don't want Bree to go to jail.

Nancy, I do hope you enjoy the book, as I said, Darlys sent it to me and I read it and I've sent it on to you and maybe when you finish it you might think of another farmgirl who would enjoy it. I hand dye the lace but am just about out and need to dye some more. You asked about the wrapping paper, that is a piece of the paper I showed on the blog. It is just ordinary tissue paper that the stores wrap your purchases in, painted on both sides with leftover acrylic paint. Isn't that amazing-- two things that normally would hit the wastebasket and then the landfill--I hope you will use it in some of your art projects. Since I don't seem able to get focused on a project long enough to finish one, I just decided to send a few little things you might use in yours.
I've yet to make you a dottie doll and you've sent me two. I am trying to work on a little something for the FGOTMs and am 2 months behind on that, but I'll get there!!! Patty, I hope you are feeling better. Loved the story you shared about your daughter. I also like your screen idea. I have an old screen that I am going to do that with. Would never have thought of it on my own but I've kept this old screen around and I knew it would someday have a use.
When I got back home I had 4-1/2 inches in the rain gauge, and something didn't seem quite right, for a split second, then I realized that instead of looking at weeds that I expected to be up to my thighs by now, I was looking at a cleanly mowed yard. The folks who rent my pasture for their livestock had come up and visited me while I was too sick to do anything, and he must have come back with his own mower and mowed for me. Wow--I am blown away with that kind of generosity--they live near San Antonio, two hours away.

Holly, I was fascinated by your story about your son, Leo. I sure would love to know him. I was really interested in Jose Silva back in the 70's and still have his book, but I've never quite gotten it. It has always seemed to me that when someone loses one of their abilities/senses (i.e. inability to speak for example), the other senses are heightened. I wonder, if your son had been able to speak, would he have this same gift for healing. All this is still so mysterious to me. remember Mattie, the little guy Oprah had on her show so many times, and then he wrote a book with Jimmy Carter, I think. So many physical limitations but such an amazing mind and a higher consciousness than most of us ever achieve.
Marianne, I always enjoy your posts so much, too. In all the years out here I have only seen one porcupine. I have heard they can really do some damage to a dog.

Wondering how Bunny is doing. End of school makes everybody happy.

I haven't bought any of Mary Jane's books but I got an email that there is a new one coming out so the old ones are 50% off but I still haven't ordered them. Sounds like I need to do that. I really like this last issue of the magazine.

Hugs to all,

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  5:11:17 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today turned out to be a lovely day. It was cloudy all morning and looking out the window it appeared cold. I should have known better because when I went to do chores it was not. I finally took myself out to the garden and was pleasantly surprised that it was warm. I finished two raised beds and filled them with composted cow manure.

Rici our third son (Ricky) came over today. We played Flinch. It is a card game that you have a stack of ten cards and you have to get rid of that pile. In this version there are six sets of 15 cards. All are the same except the numbers, no suits. Rici beat me two games out of three. He was so happy.
HIs name is Enrique but when he came at 7 1/2 he could not write it so we shortened it to Rici which he could write and has fewer reversable letters. He is 28 now.

the children each bought us a card and together they bought two raspberry bushes. We were so happy for the bushes.

The black flies are biting when the wind is not blowing.

Marianne I forgot you had a horse. Years ago one of our cows got three quills in her nose. We have had dogs get quilled as well. The state reintroduced fisher cats into the ecosystem and they keep the porcupine population under control.. They are the only natural predator for porkys.

I hope everyone had a lovely day.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  5:37:50 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone, I hope all the Mother's and Substitute Mother's had a wonderful beautiful day.
My Son came home and visited with me for 4 days, with hubby gone for 5 months I enjoy his visits so much, I am so thankful he lives less than 2 hours from home. We talked, walked, played games and watched movies together, we had fun.
After he left this morning I caught up on my farmgirl penpal letters as I was behind, a nice quiet relaxing day with my 4 dogs and bird. It was cold, windy, rain and hail but no snow today, it snowed the past two days so I was glad for only rain today:-)
Have a wonderful evening ladies and I will check in with all of you later.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  6:02:10 PM  Show Profile
We found this snake eating a frog today. It was disgustingly awesome.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  6:12:43 PM  Show Profile
I believe these are called painted trillium

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  8:46:58 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Holly, you are sure getting good with the camera! great pics! yep, "disgustingly awesome" is pretty much spot on.

I don't know what I'm going to do without Desperate Housewives. They wrapped it up nicely, too bad real life isn't that tidy. I lived on a street a little like that when my kids were small and I still miss those ladies and often wonder what happened to them. Maybe if we'd had internet back then we would have stayed in touch.

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on May 13 2012 8:48:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  05:10:27 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs...It is a lovely morning here in the Ozarks. Work was a bit stressful this week-end, but keeping up with everyone's posts was a pleasant reprieve from the chaos. So thank-you. Sorry, also, that I could not find the gumption to get on here last night and wish all of you a happiest of days. My daughter came by around 9o'clock last night, and, of course, the burned out porch light has not been replaced, so I went out on the porch to hold a flashlight so her and my five grandad kids could see to get up the steps. My daughter came up the steps first and handed me three yellow roses and said 'these represent your three children...Happy Mother's day, Mom' then I got a big hug, then as all my grand kids came up the steps the handed me a matching rose and I got hugs and 'I love you's from each one!!! We had a wonderful visit. Of course, my cell phone went dead at work yesterday and my son had called, but he did leave a message, so I got to here his voice! And my baby boy? Well, maybe next year.

Well, tomorrow is the barbeque! I think I'm ready...hehehehe

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  09:20:54 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning all! I hope everyone had a nice weekend and were spoiled rotten.

Dianne, thanks for the prayers. I just love alpacas! I have a friend who raises alpacas as well; she just recently acquired 3 more. I haven't been able to go visit and see the new ones yet, but I've admired them on facebook. lol Don't give up on your property hunt; the right one is out there and it already has your name on it just waiting for that perfect "kismet" moment for you both to come together. Too bad about the Co-Op garden, though.

Darlys, I understand the mentality of I've done it my whole life and I'm tired; I just want someone else to do it now" but your grandma had the right of it, "use it or lose it" That's what I keep trying to get through to my mother.

Marylyn, It's so good to have such fun while working and you still managed to get the work done too; I'm impressed. *hee hee.

Marianne, I just love all your beautiful flowers; your landscaping is just wonderful. Yes I am still experiencing a significant relief in pain. I am no in my fourth week of not needing my cane. I have small energy bursts; they fizzle out fairly quickly, but the fact that I am having them is huge. I can give you more details my email if you like, including what we charge…just send me a note.

Patty, I am trying to put together a blog and everything I'm doing is trial and error; I really have no idea what I'm doing so info would be helpful.

Well, as I can't seem to get a chance to finish getting to everybody I'll just have to post what I have and hope to catch up some more later,. *Ugh!* Love you all.

Squashes and Hugs!

Kathryn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  10:15:25 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone

I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Holly you will have to let us know what arrived home for Mother's Day. LOL I was always a little afraid when my children got together to shop for me. LOL

Patty I was hoping you would be on the mend by now. Poor Baby. I hope it bets over quickly. Being sick is just no fun.

Darlys they really showed up when they were suppose to? Amazing! LOL Isn't nice to have something new? even if it is a refrigerator.

Patty thank you for sharing that. It is just how I feel now that my two DDs are all grown up.

Glenda I am still praying for your brother. I will add praising to the praying for your brother getting his voice back.

Katheryn I love Alpacas. They are cute and for the mosr part good natured. I am going to try and post a pic of my DD Cora with Amareta our new alpaca. We were in Portland at the Alpaca Show and Cora showed Amareta. That was my Mother's Day present and it was great. We all had a great time.

We gave my DD and her BF the car Saturday afternoon to go to the coast. Her BF has never seen the ocean and we thought it would be a shame to be that close and not see it. Portland OR is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from the coast. On the way home Sunday we stopped at Multnomah Falls. We hicked all the way to the top of the falls. It took this old lady a little while but it was worth it. It ia about a 1.2 miles to the top of the falls. It was a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. I heard from all of my children and did what I wanted to do. What more could I ask for?

Ok I am sure ther is something LOL.

It is sunny and beautiful here I hope all of you have an awsome day.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  10:18:46 AM  Show Profile
Here is my DD Cora and our Alpaca, Amareta. The White ribbon is for third place out of 8 at the Pasco, WA show. The green is a 6th out of 10 at the Portland OR show. She is not perfect but she is cute. The Alpaca I mean. My DD is both perfect and cute of course. LoL
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  3:54:39 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

There are some people around here that have alpacas. They are fun to watch. How far is Portland from where you live Dianne? Years ago we had one intact male llama. He was lonely and thought our sheep were beautiful. He was too heavy for them.

My son works in Godfrey, ILL at some group home. He has mandatory overtime and seems to like the job but is very exhausted most of the time.

I do not watch TV so I can not sympathize with Glenda's missing Desperate Housewives. I do look forward to the day when I have the uninterrupted time to watch a show and not have to get up the next morning.

Kathryn I am glad that your pain is being managed. I hope that it continues for a long time.

I played chauffeur again today. Two of the children had dentist appointments. Usually I can put two side by side but we have gotten in sync. We will be back in sync in the fall.

I planted all of the pumpkin, acorn squash and gourd seeds in last year's pig pen. I hope they come up and flourish. I am a little worried because it is still early in the year and frost may happen yet.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Country Dreamer
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Karen
Lake Villa Illinois
USA
14 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  7:03:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, It seems like I don't write much so it is hard to follow along and get to know you. I get the feeling you all have known each other for ages.

Diane I really love the picture of your DD and your alpaca. I want to have some so badly. I know many people board them here in Illinois but right now that would be one more iron in the fire (so to speak). We have too many unfinished projects in our main home. We have been to 2 alpaca shows. I even got a spinning wheel for Christmas. I am ready for the fleece just not the animals.. Though spinning is harder than it looks.

We spent most of last year looking at property in Wisconsin. Found one really special place, organic certified land, flat, high, little bit of woods. With a decent home that would have only needed a small mud room and freezer space addition.. Well, it would have needed some plumbing and redecorating too. Hubby thought it was to much for what had to be done and he didn't want that much work, it is still for sale but slipped away from us. I am beginning to think I will be stuck in suburbia.. So to goes thinking I will get alpacas.

It seems to me like you have been talking about being tired of what you have been doing for work. I can totally agree with that. I have been working with the hope of retirement and now it seems the state will destroy the retirement along with certified school nursing. WOW. I sound depressed,I am not. Day by day life is good but like for so many people the future is fuzzy. Live for today, right!

Until next time"..........

Karen
Farmgirl #3975
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  9:19:14 PM  Show Profile
Holly, Raspberry bushes! What a great gift. Your kids sure know what you like! I got a great carnation plant, so fragrant!! I have no idea what a fisher cat is ... gonna have to google it! I know the coyotes will eat a dead porcupine, once it swells enough to get to the belly. Gee, how is this for a lovely conversation? Sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day playing flinch. Glad to hear of you nice time.

Debbie, what a great visit you had with your son. Four days!! That doesn't happen very often for most of us. So happy it was nice for you.

Glenda, Your withdrawals from Desperate Housewives will fade away. Sometimes when you get "involved" with a show, you feel like your friends have moved away. There have been a few like that for me. Seinfeld, Grey's Anatomy, Boston Legal...you just hate to see them end.

Marylyn, Your daughter's delivery of the rose bouquet was so beautiful. I didn't hear from my son, dil, or granddaughters either. I share your pain. We'll be ok. Like you said, maybe next year.

Kathryn, I will email you soon to "pick your brain." Thanks so much.

Dianne, You are quite right... your daughter is perfect and cute. Sounds like your weekend was quite a good time. Multnomah Falls is one of my favorite sites between here and Portland. I have never hiked to the top though. Good for you! Your alpaca is quite a beauty. Love her name.

Karen, You would be surprised how quickly you will feel like one of us...please don't give. We used to live in Burlington, WI. Is that near any of the areas you are looking for land? I was interested in spinning and I can understand that it might not be as easy as it looks. What is your experience with it?

I got spoiled for Mother's Day. My daughter came over early to make key lime/white chocolate scones for brunch. She got me a gorgeous Nikon. I was so surprised. Maybe I will be posting more photos! Then, dd, dh and I went to see Dark Shadows. I read one review of it that said the second half of the movie just sort of fell off. And I agree. It started out great, but it just didn't "come together." But, it still was a great time!

Our weather has been perfect. Nice cool nights - 50s. Lovely warm days - actually hit mid 80s today. My first purple iris bloomed today. And the lilacs are starting to blossom, too.

Have a nice evening,
marianne
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  04:32:59 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies...and it is a good morning indeed. I don't have results of the stress test but I did make it through it and did not collapse on the treadmill. It took about 3 hours of my time at the hospital. Not to mention the hr and 15 min drive there and the same back. Of course I slept the entire trip while hubby drove. There is nothing like have a chauffeur.I did start feeling a bit better in the evening. We went out to my folks about 6pm and worked in the garden a little while, picked some plantain leaves (not sure what I am going to do with them yet)and got a washtub full of mixed dirt and compost for my flower pots.
I didn't have a good night sleeping, as I coughed all night. I hope it doesn't take me a month to quit coughing. I may have to invest in some DEPENDS with all this coughing...lol. Otherwise I feel pretty good and back on my feet...slowly. I have sauerkraut waiting to be processed. Hopefully can get that done today and a few flowers planted. But I am not going to overdo it for sure.

Holly- Pumpkin, acorn squash and gourd seeds should grow great in last years pig pen...lol. All that natural fertilizer. Does your son happen to work for Challenge Unlimited, Inc, or Residential Services? I managed 2 apartment complexes in Godfrey for disabled years ago. Gosh, in a sense you are so close to me, but yet so far away...lol. Hey do you carry that camera in your apron pocket?..lol. Such gorgeous pictures!

Dianne- I love the picture of your daughter and the alpaca. I, like Karen, would love to own alpacas some day. I will probably have to settle for a billy goat.

Glenda- Hooray for your brother. It must have been wonderful to talk to him on the phone. I will continue as a prayer warrior and keep praying! How wonderful that your neighbor could help mow. What a relief to know it is taken care of for a bit.

Thelma- The cart in your flower bed sounds cute! You will have to post pictures. I am going to do some seperating this here at the other house and bring some plants here. How was the wildflower walk. The parks back in Ohio offered alot of walks, even nighttime walks. They were alot of fun, and you meet so many wonderful people. Gosh, the tin man of cans. You might have inspired me to attempt one. Post pictures when you do create him.

Darlys- I could make it to curch with my mother. I didn't want to expose others to my horrible cold/flu whatever it is. Poor mother was sick yesterday but not quite the same as I so I didn't get the blame for her cold. I could only get a flight to suit me on Sunday June 3rd. So we will have to meet up on the 4th if you are available. Every flight on Friday put me out there way to late in the afternoon. I wanted to split the flight. I hate those straight through flights. I like to fly a couple hours, get off and stretch my legs and then fly some more. I am looking forward to visiting with you.

Nancy- How are you doing? I hope you had a wonderful mother's day. Probably nice and quiet like me. :) I have to admit, I like those days, as long as my kids call and visit on the phone. But when they live so far away, I can't expect a visit every year.

Kathryn- I hope you are feeling better. I am happy to send the book forward and when you are done with it, you can pass it on. :)

Kathy- I love my Mary Jane's Farm books. I look through them all the time and each time I see something that I must have missed the time before. Enjoy your week in Vegas!

Marianne- I love gardening on Mother's Day and I always tell my kids if they feel obligated to get me something, then get me something to plant. I usually always buy my mother something she can plant. Oh how I miss lilac bushes. I had a beautiful one at our Ohio home and I planted one here last spring, but it did not make it. :(

Debbie- I am so enjoying the book "So much sky" . The extra magazines were wonderful waiting in the dr's office yesterday. There is a lot of wait time with a stress test.

Well, Off I go. COFFEE this morning! And it finally taste good! Everyone enjoy your day.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  04:58:21 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs! The sun is shining and it is going to be a gorgeous day! Drinking coffee now and the oven is pre-heating...I am baking a 10 inch, 4 layer lemon cake with lemon curd between the layers then frosted with a luscious lemon frosting...yummy! There is the dirty white potatoe salad to make, baked beans, and the strawberry-spinach salad. Also, gallons of iced-tea...gotta buy ice..well, it is going to be a busy productive day....Patty, are you sure you don't want to jump in the car and drive down? Hummmm? I am so glad that you are feeling better...take it easy, okay?

Dianne, I loved the picture of your lovely daughter and the alpaca. Congrats on your ribbons! I researched alpacas a few years ago, but the price was beyond my means. They are wonderful animals!

Holly, great pictures! You have to carry you camera in your pocket! I have always wanted to take awesome pictures like that...such an eye. Keep posting the wonderful pics!!!

I created a blog site yesterday....now can someone, please, tell me how to even start? LOL...I am serious, how do I begin?

Gotta run, ladies....soooo much to do!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  05:31:57 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from a very rainy Maryland. Supposed to rail today and tomorrow. Rained all day yesterday too. Then gonna have beautiful weather for a couple of days, then more rain. Sounds more like April doesn't it?

Diane - that alpaca looks so cute. I got to hug one once. He was very beautiful, long black eye lashes and soft soft hair. He loved hugging and wrapped his neck around me. It was luscious!

Karen - never mind you don't 'know'us, just jump right in like you've been here all along. It's always great to have a fresh view. Good luck on your property search. Wish I was looking for new land somewhere. All I have is 1/3 of an acre with mostly house. about a quarter of the back yard and lots of pots are my garden. It all works.

Patty - so glad to hear you got home ok from your stress test. I took one once years ago. No fun. Be sure to let us know how it turns out. I'll be praying for you.

Auntie M - what's all the cooking for? I didn't know we were all coming to your house today. If you give us the site for your blog, we'll all visit.

Holly - First, the snake eating the toad! Loved it. The Trillium kind of looks like the plant in that Sci Fi movie about plants taking over the world - can't remember the name. What kind of raspberry plants did you get? I want to get a couple, but not the thorny kind. They're hard to find.

Oh gosh, gotta run. More packing to do before we leave tomorrow morning at 4am!!

I'll miss you all but I'll post pics of me in Vegas!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  05:43:23 AM  Show Profile
Marylyn, It sounds like you will have quite a spread for your BBQ! That seems like the perfect start for your blog. Hope you take lots of pictures to post. And kick some BE-hind in croquet. Have a happy time!

Patty, No fair having to take a stress test when you are sick. Bet you are glad tohave that behind you. Ended up being a long day for you. Hope you shake that cough soon. It is much better to wear depends because you are laughing all the time!

I have got to do a big grocery shop today. Sigh. Maybe I will make it more exciting by stopping for some plants first! Also get to pick up some books I requested at the library (my favorite use of my tax dollars!)

I opened yesterday's mail which included a letter from our credit card company. Weird, I thought. In it was one of my checks, blank, with VOID stamped across it. The letter explained that the check was blank (thank you for pointing that out) and that it could not be applied to my account because there was no signature. Apparently the dollar amount can be left blank just as long as you sign the darn thing. I thought, for heaven's sake how did I send them a blank check and WHERE did I send the rather large check I made out to the credit card service. So, I called. It seems I had just torn out two checks at once and sent the blank check along with the payment. No harm, no foul. Yea!

I got the swimming pool planters planted yesterday. Marigolds. I always have good luck with just throwing seed out and getting a terrific crop of happy flowers. Also cleaned the front flowerbed. I had started some Chinese Poppies last year and they just went wild. I had to pull them all out. I like an unfussy look, but this bordered on wild. Dh picked up some fertilizer for the peach trees. They are still struggling. Last year, we had a very wet spring and they got a mildew. We lost last year's fruit. This year there are a lot of leaves yet. Fingers-crossed.

Have a great day, gals. Talk to ya later.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  07:08:06 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from a very rainy Maryland. Supposed to rail today and tomorrow. Rained all day yesterday too. Then gonna have beautiful weather for a couple of days, then more rain. Sounds more like April doesn't it?

Diane - that alpaca looks so cute. I got to hug one once. He was very beautiful, long black eye lashes and soft soft hair. He loved hugging and wrapped his neck around me. It was luscious!

Karen - never mind you don't 'know' us, just jump right in like you've been here all along. It's always great to have a fresh view. Good luck on your property search. Wish I was looking for new land somewhere. All I have is 1/3 of an acre with mostly house. about a quarter of the back yard and lots of pots are my garden. It all works.

Patty - so glad to hear you got home ok from your stress test. I took one once years ago. No fun. Be sure to let us know how it turns out. I'll be praying for you.

Auntie M - what's all the cooking for? I didn't know we were all coming to your house today. If you give us the site for your blog, we'll all visit.

Holly - First, the snake eating the toad! Loved it. The Trillium kind of looks like the plant in that Sci Fi movie about plants taking over the world - can't remember the name. What kind of raspberry plants did you get? I want to get a couple, but not the thorny kind. They're hard to find.

Oh gosh, gotta run. More packing to do before we leave tomorrow morning at 4am!!

I'll miss you all but I'll post pics of me in Vegas!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  09:42:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I got the sweetest surprise in the mail yesterday, a birthday card with a crochet dish cloth, a pack of flower seed and a package of chocolate masque..yummy, makes me want to eat it instead of putting it on my face...lol...And this was all from Kathy...thank you so much it was a great surprise since my birthday isn't for another month...June 12....I hope I didn't send the wrong birthday list out...oooooppppsss if I did..I will get a pic of it on here soon...been busy with work and garden...but hope to get the pic later...thank you so much Kathy...made me have a very happy day.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#

Edited by - Acelady02 on May 15 2012 09:45:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  10:00:43 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All

Holly Portland, OR. is about a 6 hour drive from my house. There some really beautiful country and some really boring country on the drive.
We don't have TV either. Well not broadcast TV. We do watch movies on DVD, but that is mostly in the winter.

Karen some of us have known each other for ages but I am fairly new in the time line. We are a very sharing group.
Yes spinning is harder than it looks. Mostly it is practice or in my case the time to practice. I love it though and that is what drew me to Alpacas. i love their soft and warm fiber.

Marianne I was not sure I would make it. I love to hike but that is mosly up hill very little flat spots. LOL
We did not name Amaretta but we think her name fits her.
Please post the pics. We all love to see what others get.

Patty Do not over due. I know you want to get things done. It will just take longer to get well if you do too much.
We have been close to 4 years since we first looked at Alpacas. It has taken us a while to decide to move forward. We are still looking and praying for property.

Marylyn The price can be really I mean really out of reason. It depends on what you want. You can get a good fiber animal for about $500 or less sometimes. We have friends who raise them so we can make payments and learn as we go. A lot of the really big farms just want your money. Sad but true.

Well I need to get back to paper work. I needed a break and thought about chatting with all of you. Always makes my day better.

Dianne(ID)
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  1:16:45 PM  Show Profile
Hey Girls Friend!

Sunny and warm today, in fact, all week, it looks like. There are some clouds, but, apparently no rain in them.

Well, after 12.5 stressful years…I am now approved to receive SSI. Don't know how much or anything like that; still a bunch of hoops to jump through before I get anything, but at least I know its pending. WOW! Phew! Not sure what the difference is between SSI and SSDI, but, either way I get Soonercare (medi-cal/Medicaid, depending on where you are), which means I can get an eye exam and a teeth cleaning…whoo hoo! I never thought I be excited about going to the dentist. *hahaha* There are a lot of things you can’t do or have and you have to report every breath you take, practically.

Kathy, have fun on your trip. Be safe!

I just might pull some more weeds today. Later, Gators! Love y'all!

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  1:22:05 PM  Show Profile

This is what greeted me this morning in my yard! It was amazing cause we never see them around here. Ran back in the house, got my camera and shot a picture of it. The only thing is I can't remember what the heck this thing is called lololol.

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page