doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  5:29:53 PM  Show Profile
You are right, Kathy, I forgot about those naughty girls with the lemonaide. But pool boys are still okay, right? Aww, c'mon, Puleeessee???

Holly we posted at the same time but this time I didn't get bumped off. Great Pics. Call Thelma. Kidding aside, Thelma, just a thought--try to resave the pic as a .jpeg and then see if it will load. Also sometimes it took mine so long to load I had given up. You can hit preview to see if it worked before you post.

I got hungry tonight so I baked a potato and fried some shrimp. Now I am so full my stomach is miserable--it is not used to so much food.

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on Apr 28 2012 5:45:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  5:47:31 PM  Show Profile
Holly Is that little cute guy Ross?

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  5:58:57 PM  Show Profile
ok I am still learning how to size the pictures.

Woodpecker on the telephone pole, on the silo roof, Ross stuck in the pigpen muck, Ross, and the piglets.

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Apr 28 2012 6:00:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  7:38:31 PM  Show Profile
Holly - loved the photos. And the explanation. I knew that had to be Ross, but all I could think was ... Oh dear Lord, what has happened to his feet? Pigpen explains it all. It looks like he is growing out of the earth!! It is fun to see that the woodpeckers look exactly the same where you live as they do here. And the piggies are SO cute!

Kathryn- it is so odd that you post about the laser therapy that I just saw advertised on TV this week. The new place in town is offering two free sessions ... tempting.

marianne
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  8:04:00 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, your story about the teenager and the music reminds me of another Kathy----Kathy Bates--remember the scene in Fried Green Tomatoes where she outsmarted the obnoxious teenaged girls who were trying to take her parking space, I think. anybody remember how that went? I know some teens who are fabulous and dear so I;m sure not knocking teens but that was a funny scene.

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  8:38:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Glenda, its "Tawanda!" "I'm older and I have better insurance!" lol

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  9:21:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Kathryn! I'm overwhelmed! You shouldn't have sent me such precious fabric (and 2 yards, too!) Your letter was very, very moving. I promise you that there will be something very special made from it.

Holly, your pictures are great! And, I sure do enjoy your narratives, gf.

Gypsy - Genius ... check your e-mail. I laughed so hard I got the hiccups! By the way, someday you'll come visit - before we leave the Bay Area - and I'll treat you to a chicken salad sandwich at the Cafe in the bookstore loft! Don't get Then Again. I bought it - am reading it now and will send it to you when I'm done. And I do remember the scene in Fried Green Tomatoes ... "I'm older, and I'm better insured than you!" And her husband was incredulous saying you "accidentally ran into that car SIX times?"

Thelma please send me your e-mail address, too, chickie poo. I was going to e-mail you the recipe for rhubarb sauce - but you aren't linked to the Farm's e-mail. It turned out fine though as Patty was glad to get the recipe, too. I am a BiG fan of Stevia. (By the way, it's Judy's mother.)

I made DS, Eric, a chef's apron with a (requested) Batman logo on it last week. I will 'attempt' to post a photo here.

Those black strips are pocket dividers. (I guess Batman had a special "tool" belt - this is my version.) Someday I'll try making something using a pattern!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Apr 28 2012 9:31:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  02:59:19 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies.... I have been up with my coffee since about 3:30 am. I slept 6 hours. Typical for me to sleep 5 or 6 hours. I find since I have gotten older, I need less sleep. Of course, I can sneak in an afternoon nap now. We had some storms come through last night. I pray for those that were injured under the tent in St Louis last night, and for the family of the man that lost his life. We are suppose to have rain and storms the next 7 days. Maybe I can get some sewing done this week, since my time out doors will be restricted.
This next week is a busy week. I have 4 roosters to butcher sometime this next week along with some quail. I have another cabinet to clean up and paint. I did some spring cleaning yesterday and listed a few things on a local resale site. I figured if I brought 2 more pieces of furniture in, I should move some out. I still have more to get rid off. Dalous is bringing a few pieces back with him from our Ohio home. I think I will clean them up and put a new coat of paint on them and sell them. I am on a roll...lol.
We have insulation that needs to go up in the garage. Dalous bought it and piled it in my shed months ago. I am so tired of working around it. It appears as though he is not going to get it put up, so I think I will move things away from the walls and start on it myself, while he is gone. Sometimes I wonder what these men are thinking.

Darlys- The apron is wonderful! I rarely use a pattern. How did you put the batman logo on it? Is it appliqued?

Glenda- I remember that scene from Fried Green Tomatoes! I went to youtube and watched it again. I love Kathy Bates. Here is the link to youtube video for those of you who do not remember or did not see it. It was too funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx0z9FjxP-Y

Holly- What an adorable picture of little Ross! It made me think of a picture we have of my little brother. He had just wrestled a pig and was covered in mud.

Thelma- I am going to store some of my dried fruit and veggies in the cabinet along with a few small appliances and my dinner napkins. Does anyone else use cloth dinner napkins? I try hard to be "green" and the dinner napkins are and easy step for me. And believe it or not, I love to iron. I love my dinner napkins ironed and my dish towels. My dishtowels are not terry cloth, but more like the flour sack dish towels. I haven't bought paper towels forever. Though I do have some fast food napkins around that sometimes I drain deep fried food on.

Well, off to have another cup of coffee. I might stop in several times today if it rains all day...lol. You will get sick and tired of me "ratchet-jawing".

Picture of my little brother taken about 45 years ago after wrestling a pig in a greased pig contest at the fair. He won and back then the prize was the pig so he got to keep the pig.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  04:43:19 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, Sisters!! Well, after working for this one and that one I managed to get a Sunday off!!! WoooWhooo! I have been keeping up with all the posts; however, I have had no time to reply. I just completed 3 twelve hour shifts....whew!

Darlys, what a awesome apron. Doesn't your son just love it?

Holly, what beautiful pics...I love birds...grandson is pretty cute, too! Hehehe... It doesn't look as though I will ever be able to posts any pics on this iPad. Well, I guess y'all will just have to use you imaginations as to my life!

Patty, the cabinet is gorgeous. I hope you remain safe in the storms this week. They are calling for them here as well, but so far all we've had is cloudy skies. Everything has gone north of me. Of course, that is fine with me since last May I watched a hugh tornado across the road from my house destroy everything in its path. We spent last summer helping neighbors put new roofs on and watched other neighbors have to build new homes because they lost their home. Weather!!!

Since the post office is not open on Sunday,Karen, your fabric will be in the mail Monday! April 30 th, hey, I made it!! Hehe... Thank you for your patience. Yesterday, on my way to work, I stopped by my mailbox and inside was a package from you!!! Thank you so much. The fabric is lovely. And I, too, miss hand written letters.

Whew, I almost went back a page, but I remember that someone had said that I would loose my post if if I did that...however, some one explain to me about keeping up with who said what and I wanted to thank them for their advice. With the iPad; however, I am afraid I will just have to depend on memory and relationships!

Kathy Bates...gotta love her...Fried Green Tomatoes!!!! However, 'helping' a rude dude 'turn down' his obnoxious 'booming' is one of the funniest things I have read!!!! You go girl!!!!

Gotta run, ladies...y'all have a great day!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  05:07:16 AM  Show Profile
Holly, great pictures. I have a couple of different wookpeckers around us, but they are usually up so high in the big old oak tree that I cannot get a picture of them.
Patty, Love the cabinet. I am looking for a small one to put in our glamper to put a counter top on so I have more room for cooking.
Darlys, very nice apron. I am sure your son was pleased with it.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  06:12:22 AM  Show Profile
Good morning.

Another very warm day here, I think. Thank God a cool breeze came up yesterday afternoon. I was down in town by the waterfront with DH to see two really beautiful French fishing boats that are docked there. The line to go on and tour them was way too long so we just walked around town and then had a little clam cake snack at one of the restaurants. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera handy to take photos of the ships.

Kathy I wish I could go with you to the opera. I love opera. From what you are saying about The Tempest I am glad I have never seen that one. My favorite is La Boheme and Madaam Butterfly. Both are so beautiful. Your story about the boys and their loud music is soooo good and funny. Guess as the lady in Green Fried Tomatoes said, well sort of, " I am older and have a louder sound system!" Hooray for you!

Once when I had been waiting for a parking space these young women pulled into the space ahead of me which was right in front of the store. I parked nearby and when I got out of my car and made sure they were looking with that smart-alec look on there face. I then began to limp really bad as I wanted them to think I was very handicapped. The look on their faces was priceless. Little wippersnappers!

Patty, love the cake. It is almost too pretty to eat. I am joining WW this morning for free. I just have a few pounds to lose and I will be satisfied, I think. I have stepped up my exercise but the weight is so hard to get off. Some days I feel like I just want to eat all that junk food but I know better. I love the way your cabinet turned out. Looks so good!

Thelma, I am so glad that you liked the journal. I used a black and white composition book to make it. I am happy that you were able to get the photo of your parents photo copied. You got around that problem very cleverly. I am copying some videos to DVDs and many of the newer videos will not let anyone record them. It can be kind of frustrationg but I understand why they do it.

I will have to buy rubarb to make that sauce. I am hoping that the local farmer's market will be selling it. Maybe I can get some planted this year.

Darlys thanks for the rubarb sauce recipe. It sounds yummy. I freeze lots of cranberries when they are in season and then have them during the year to make my own cranberry sauce. It is easy and tastes so much better than the canned stuff.
I love that book store with the food upstairs. I would be able to spend a good deal of time there reading, browsing and snacking. Especially snacking!

Ginny, thank you so much for the very pretty fabric. I love all the blueberries and will keep the fabric to make something special out of it when I get to it. The tea bag is appreciated, too. I don't know how to make my own tea bags but would like it learn. I have been using a tea ball to make the specail teas. I can buy the herbs from the health food store and I just use the tea ball. My DH would make the bags if he knew how. It is so much more convenient.

Glenda I am so happy to hear about your brother. God is so good and gives us so much help. Prayer is so wonderful and powerful. You have been through a lot of dark days but now the sun is shining on you. Love you, gf.

Kathryn. so glad to hear that positive things are happening with you. I am also glad to hear that the Dr. is appreciating you and willing to pay you for your service. :)

So I am going to finish my coffee and have some breakfast. Then before our Bible Study today I hope to cut out a couple of dress patterns that I bought for myself. I found this beautiful Hawaiian fabric when I was at WalMart and decided I would attempt to make a couple of easy dresses with it. I do like to wear a cool dress once in a while when it gets hot here. Most of the time I am in cropped pants with a shirt. Well, we used to call them pedal pushers and I still like that word.
I finished the pillow covers I was making for my SIL. And I have half the bean bag hearts made for DD. I wish I had the energy of Patty. She seems to accomplish so much. Love you Patty. Send over some of your energy. I can use it.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  08:28:34 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, when I read your post about wanting more energy, I thought "I wished it came in a pill, cause I would sure take some more of it.... But then I thought... I think you can get it in a pill, but I think it is illegal. So I think I will just stick to my natural energy and good strong black coffee. :)

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Apr 29 2012 08:29:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  08:38:15 AM  Show Profile
Picture in my kitchen states....Life is too short for bad coffee! So 'Amen, Patty, amen!'

See ya's!!!

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  09:22:03 AM  Show Profile
Holly, the pics are too small now. I really liked the big ones--the second one of the woodpecker is a prize winner--on the big size the detail was amazing.
Patty, that pic is totally priceless. He deserved to win the pig. thanks for my laugh for the day.
Have you tried Vietnamese coffee. some bad girl got me hooked on it. It's really strong coffee with a shot of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk. Yum.
Darlys and I were talking about Dianne Keaton, she has the book out and also has a movie coming out. I just love kooky people and I try to never miss anything she does.
Patty, I just went back and watched that clip----love it, love it. Laughed so hard. thanks for posting that link.
Now Thelma, I wish you would get the posting pics thingy figured out, I am dying to see your pics. Email Brian at MJF and ask him for help. They always respond.
I don't know if rhubarb would grow here or not. Asparagus does really well. I'd love to grow some as you can only get it in the stores certain times of the year and its not always very good. I did not think I liked it but my DIL made the most delicious strawberry rhubarb pie I have ever tasted. She also makes the best cheesecakes I've ever tasted. Darn it is hard to get your mind off food, isn't it!!! Now I'm hungry.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Apr 29 2012 09:31:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  09:28:25 AM  Show Profile
Holly what a cute picture of Ross. Pigs eating the cow manure......hmmm no wonder they taste different than from the market. They have that special ingredient .

Patty love the picture of your brother and the pig. He must have been so proud to have won.

Darlys, love the batman apron!

Glenda I think that is amazing that your brother is doing so well. I hope it continues that way.

Kathryn, the laser sounds interesting. Maybe the wave of the future.

I made a big mistake the other day. I'm teaching a quilt class at our local quilt show this year. The wall hanging I'm teaching has kitty hair on it and I decided to wash it. Bad idea. It doesn't look so great for a class any more. I know better. Quilts after washing have a different look. I was hoping I could just iron it and all would be good. Now I have to make another one. Thankfully I have a kit left over from my shop. So yesterday I cut everything out and today I have to start sewing. It is a raw edge appliqué and a quilt as you go so I have lots to do before I can even sew everything together. I was suppose to do homework today.

Later everyone. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  12:53:44 PM  Show Profile
Glenda - thanks for your support on possting pics. I am about to try .jpeg

ok good thing this is a clean site as I can teach everyone some new words about now. grrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by - Thelma on Apr 29 2012 12:55:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  1:21:37 PM  Show Profile
Thelma- If you want to send me a private message with your phone number I would be glad to help you with the pictures over the phone. I tried to message you with my phone number but you don't have private message available for you.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  1:21:42 PM  Show Profile
Thelma, see if you can attach one pic to an email to me and let me see if I can post it. worth a try.
Never mind this messg. Patty and I were posting at the same time. Call Patty--she knows a lot more about it than I do..I don't know how to walk you through it and sometimes I can't get mine to post either.
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Apr 29 2012 1:36:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  1:42:13 PM  Show Profile
Gosh, I am going to have to get a couple more post up here so I can catch up with Glenda....lol. I have only post 237 times since becoming a member.:(

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  3:16:09 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies and how's your day been going? I'm sitting here eating M&Ms - the peanut ones. I over did things yesterday, and now I'm paying for it. I'm sore all over.

Daryls - Loved the apron.

I made a black apron for oldest daughter for Christmas last year. I fussy cut a piece of "Over the Rainbow" fabric - the Wicked Witch. I put her big green face on the top part of the apron & stitched "I'll get you, my pretty...and your little dog too!" around it. I used black & white striped fabric for the neck tie, waistband, bottom ruffle & tie and for the two patch pockets. I appliqued ToTo on one of the pockets and sewed ruby slipper buttons on the other pocket. My daughter loved it.

Holly - if you lived anywhere near me, I'd buy my meat from you. I've been trying for years to buy half a cow from one of the farms around here, but can't find someone to buy the other half. Most people would rather trust the supermarkets for their meat.

Well, I'm getting back to my M&Ms now.

Later sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  4:17:02 PM  Show Profile
We got up to 17 degrees this morning, but it did warm up to 50. It got a bit windy this afternoon as usual, but I finally got some stuff done. Got my 2 beds done for my potatoes and planted white and red potatoes, made a flower garden at one of the corners of our yard, planted lavender, morning glories, zinnias, bridal wreath, marigolds, snap dragons, sunflowers,sweet williams, and hollyhocks. Moved a bush I had planted there over by the front sidewalk. I am hoping it is the last of the very cold nights now, so the seeds can sprout.Keeping my fingers crossed. Supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, so looks like I will be done gardening for a couple of days, then it is laundry and dishes, the usual things indoors.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  5:14:26 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

The pictures are back to being huge. Well, not the pig picture it is refusing to cooperate. they pictures are on page 261.

We finally finished pig proofing the paddock. It had four foot fence around it but the fence did not go all the way to the ground because cows do not kneel down to go under fence. Pigs will. We took other four foot fence and sort of bent it like a corner and staked the upright piece to the existing fence and let 2 feet lay on the ground so the pigs would have to go under more fence to get out. Then we tied old tires along the fence so the pigs would have to lift those and the fencing up to get out. cross your fingers it works. They are not strong enough yet to get out of this fencing.

Kathy there is nothing like good home grown meat. We laughed so hard about the car music competition. The farm we get our pigs from is having problems with the neighbors playing their music very loud from about 1 AM to 4 AM. I told Cheri to email the woman and tell her opera at 6AM may do the trick.

Patty the cabinets are beautiful. You do great work. What are you going to do with the feathers from the quail. If they do not get bloody in the killing I bet you could make a nice feather pillow. My othodentist dry plucks his quail.

Jan you do take advantage of the warm days for planting those are a lot of seeds. I hope the coldest nights are behind us as well. It seems we get your weather a couple of days after you do.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  5:49:12 PM  Show Profile
Holly we are on the same schedule. I usually look for your post before I sign off for the night and miss it when you don't post. Oh, now its the first woodpecker pic. you really should enter that one in a photo contest. Patty I am leaving for a few days so you can catch up, and be ahead of me--gee whiz with the amount of stuff you get done every day I don't know how you have time to post at all. I am just about done with couch sitting, though, I am getting stronger every day and so happy about it. I had almost forgotten what it felt like to feel good. Now this horrible house and yard are going to get a good scrub down as soon as I get back next week, so I probably won't be posting so much. I just can't wait to get at it.
Darlys your batman apron is so cute--I could never do that without a pattern==you are way too modest about your talent. I like the pockets- now with glasses and a cell phone we need pockets!
Ginny if you are peeking in please know you are being held close in our hearts and prayers while you work through things. Everything eventually does work out. Hang in there gf. Also I wish Debra E would post so we would know how she is doing. It actually hurts my feelings when someone drops off this thread. Isn't that silly.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Apr 29 2012 5:59:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  6:23:39 PM  Show Profile
Glenda, sl glad you are healing and starting to feel so much better. It does take time, I am still working on my hip replacements after 3 years. I am getting more strength all the time. It is called motivation. Just remember not to push too hard. Pace yourself and take baby steps at first.
Holly, Hope you do not get the cold like we do here. I say enough is enough. Praying for warmer weather. Hope your fence hold up for the pigs. You put so much work into it, I am sure it will work for you.
Hope all have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  04:02:55 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, GF. The sun is just peeking over the Easrern horizon, the coffee is hot, and the open windows are letting in the most wonderful fresh country air. I have a full day planned, but for now I am enjoying the most precious time of the day....oh, I just heard my first whippoorwill of the season!!!! I think he was saying 'good night'! Now the morning birds are starting to sing!! Life doesn't get much better than these moments.

First, it will be out the door to water cows, goats, and every other green thing I have planted. Today I plan to pour some candles...maybe I'll make some soap as well...then to the post office, I have a very special package to mail to Karen! No, no, no...FIRST, I am going to light a candle and say a prayer for healing for those of you in pain and then a prayer of gratitude for all of you being in my life....then I will start my day.

My uncle passed away Saturday, he was 86....I feel so badly for my aunt. They just celebrated their 63rd anniversary in January. I helped my cousin by going to their house on my days off in December & January to care for them. It was my aunt who was so sick during that time. They went into a care facility in early February and uncle was doing just fine until he fell a couple of weeks ago. He broke a rib and there were complications. We never expected uncle to go first, so ,please, remember his family in your prayers today.

My dear, sweet husband...when I got home from work Saturday evening, I got out of my car and I noticed rose petals on the ground! I kept looking at them and walking toward my front porch and the petals were like a sidewalk! I walked on rose petals all the way to the front porch and standing at the top od the steps was the man I married 20 years ago with open arms...I was blown away....sometimes...well, sometimes.

Gotta run, ladies...y'all have a beautiful day!

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page