rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  1:45:27 PM  Show Profile
Chickie Poo here - I just love how Thelma always calls us that!

Just wanted to say that Nancy did a gorgeous job on the journal for Holly. I think the bathing suits will make Holly think of you in FLA! So very pretty, I am sure she will enjoy it.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  5:01:08 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Marylyn know that some of us use different ways to keep track of who says what. It has taken me a while to learn people's names and particulars. I use the write email sheet on my program. some people use stickynotes on their computer and some people use a function called notepad. Then we copy and paste onto the MJF submit form. If you are going to use one of these cheats then you add the photo codes onto the MJF form. If you use the cheats and someone is trying to post at the same time you are and you get blown off the forum then you still have what you typed to resubmit it.

Nancy- thankyou for posting the pictures of the journal. It is beautiful in real life. My daughter, Kethry, says it is cool and that is her highest compliment. She wants me to buy her one. I told her it is not a bought thing it is a made wonder. When I was in college I had a bathing suit that was given to me by a friend of my mother's. She had graduated college in 1956 and it had been her racing suit. It was a heavy cotton and had a square cut neckline and low cut legs. I thought it was a hoot and would wear it when I lifeguarded. The humor also is that the pool I guarded at was the pool she raced in. The males I guarded with did not have nearly the sense of humor that I did and asked that I get a modern suit.

I have five nests in my hay barn. I do not know if they are five different couples of barn swallows or one energetic male trying to prove to some beautiful female that he can build a wonderful nest. There is also someone building a nest on top of one of the outlet boxes in the ceiling of the garage. Each year someone does that. Some years they raise a brood.

This weekend is the clothing swap here in town. I have taken three bags of sorted clothes to the town hall already. Tonight we sorted our closet and shelves and I will fill the car tomorrow to share. I sent my beautiful wool dress pants that fit me fifteen pounds less ago. I have no interest in losing the weight to get down to that size again so off they go. It is nice that I have two days to donate so I can come home and sort some more. On Saturday everyone can go and pick over the clothes. The ones no one chooses goes to a different swap for a bigger audience that happens next weekend in a different town.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  6:29:35 PM  Show Profile
I finally posted my dye experience on the blog in spite of computer problems.

Holly that must be what has happened to me before, someone else hit post a split second before I did and my post lost. Even the little birds work hard at your farm. I used to have a lot of purple martins but they quit coming when nobody was here. They like human company. I found a little dead bird on the porch this morning--he wasn't quick enough for my cat I guess.

Janet it was 101 here yesterday and high 90's today--no furnace but the a/c is already running. Crazy weather.
Thelma I'm with Marianne, I like being called a chickie poo. works for me.

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on Apr 26 2012 8:33:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  7:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey all, sorry I have been MIA, been working around here trying to get things in order so when I do start work (next Wed) Jim won't have so much to do....Been spending lots of time in the garden and things are popping up left and right. I have been trying to catch up on all the post too. I hope to jump in every few days when I start working. I go tomorrow to pick up my schedule and name tag...so will know exactly what days I work. I miss all of you alot...hugs and love to all...oh and thank for looking for me.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  05:52:49 AM  Show Profile
Starting out to be a very warm day here. It will be in the 80's with some clouds. Right now the clouds are hanging in to make it a gloomy looking morning. We will have a warm weekend, too.

Kathy send some rain over here. But not too much. Sounds like the rain has been pretty heavy there. How lovely to hear the finches singing in the rain. Sometimes when it rains here it is so hot we keep our doors open, too. But the thunder we get and the lightening sometimes get really loud and scary.

Bunny so good to hear from you. Wow! only 6 weeks left till the end of the semester. I still can remember sitting in the middle of my little living room working on my homework with the children watching TV. I soon learned to block out noises and I didn't respond to talking unless my name was called. I don't know how I did it sometimes with 2 kids, working and going to school. Thank goodness I had a good professor for many of my classes. I would always go to them if things weren't going okay. Most were most anxious to help me.

Janet, you need to come here for a visit. It sounds so cold that I think I would not be able to stand it. I have a pen pal friend who lives in Holland, MI. Where are you located?

Glenda I wish I had a few "boys" to send you so they could help you with all that work around your place. I Hae the photoshop but find it really hard to post pictures from it. I have to put my photos for posting in the documents place before I can post. Sometimes I use the Photobucket.com. It works good when it wants to. Usually I have no problems with it. Aren't those bathing suit picutures I put in Holly's journal funny. I don't think I would look very good in them.

Thelma thanks for the update on the basement floor. I once painted my garage floor and it came out looking really nice. We were selling the house at the time so I didn't get to enjoy using the garage for what I wanted to.

Glad to see you here, Marianne. Thank you for your compliment on the journal. Makes me feel good.

Holly I need you to come and sort through my closets for unused and unfitting clothes. What a nice way to get rid of clothing. I wish we had a big clothing swap like that here. It is such a good way to get "new" things. Do the kids go to the swap with you? My DH would not have fun there but I sure would. How interestin it is that you have all those nests in your hay barn. It will be interesting to see when the nests have eggs. It might get kind of noisy in there with the hatchings. That is cute about the old bathing suit. Too bad those fellows were so serious about it. I think it is cute that you wore it.

Thank you all the nice comments about the journal. I enjoyed making it and especailly making it for Holly. I found those old time pictures in a book I bought at the thrift store for $1.00. It has all uncopyrighted photos in it. The catagories of pics include women, men, children, vehicles, movie stars, and historical events that were in the news. When I saw the book I grabbed it up as fast as I could.

Yada, Yada, I have been going on and on. Have a nice day, sisters. Love you all,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  06:44:41 AM  Show Profile
I'm pretty sure I fixed my computer last night, as this morning it is working perfectly and fast. Don't know for sure what I did,but ran as many updates as I could find, dumped out all the email addresses in case something got in that way, ran the deep scan, unplugged and restarted the internet thingy and the router, Now if it will just continue. Thinking about what you said above, Nancy, I went to an estate sale about 15 years ago and it was late in the day and everything had been pretty well picked over, but in one of the upstairs bedrooms there was a stack of old magazines. I bought the lot for $25.00 The oldest one is The Ladies Home Journal dated November 1898. Most are from around the early 1900's with a few up to the mid 40's. I want to copy some of them to make cards but don't know if copyright laws would apply after all this time. I wouldn't think so. There are lots of dresses, hats, old articles and ads that are really cool now. It is amazing how our thinking/attitudes/culture all have changed in that period of time. I am going to have to copy them because the oldest ones are starting to fall apart. I also have an original newspaper from the Austin American Statesman printed the day JFK was shot. I decided it was an important piece of history and I put it in my trunk and still have it, though it is now yellow and brittle.

Patty, thanks for your comment on my blog. I do have fabrics I don't want to use because then I wouldn't have them any more and I love just having them. I am really wanting to get into handdyed clothing, so I may very well use some of these for jackets, vests, or aprons. I don't need any more stuff hanging on my walls and bed quilts are labor intensive and under-appreciated by recipients too often, or they are so valued that they are put away and not used, so to me I would rather have somethng useful, so I'm thinking patchwork skirts, shirts, vests, aprons, possibly even pants. Maybe small art quilts to hang but something I can quilt on my machine. It would be just as easy to dye 3 and 4 yards as it was the 1/4 yard pieces, then you would have enough fabric to make an outfit. I'm thinking as soon as I hit 70, I will wear outrageous clothing along with outrageous hats with a sign on my back that says "If you've got nothing to do but talk about me, jump up and down 3 times, click your heels together, and say "I need a life, I need a life". think I read that or something similar on Pinterest. I live in a gossipy little town. I wore some really cool pants to town one day and one of the little ladies with her panties in a wad commented, "well my granddaughter would like those pants". Austin, on the other hand, really works hard at being weird, so I fit in there perfectly. We even have t=shirts that say "Keep Austin Weird".
That's my comentary for the day--have a good day everybody, the 10:00 news last night said we reached 101 degrees here and 104 a little south of here. Aso, the agricultural fires from Mexico have started and we get their smoke here, so I'm hoping for rain and wind to cool off and clean up the air. I'm learning from this site that we all have crazy weather to deal with.
Have a great day.
hugs to all

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Apr 27 2012 06:50:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  08:09:59 AM  Show Profile
Awww, I'm here Girlfriends. I check in and read your postings almost every day; I just havn't had the where with all to do any responding. But it is nice to have someone be so concerned for me; I've never had that. It's nice; I like it. : D

It's been sunny and warm here; really warm; upper 80's and into the 90's, warm. We had a quick thunderstorm this morning, but it didn't last even 15 minutes. My rose bush got watered, though, so that was nice.

Glenda, I'm so glad you're doing so well; just remember: slow and steady wins the race…or something like that. Lol If my car was in better shape I'd come pay you a visit; it might do us both some good, but... ah well…another time.

Hello to any new friends that I may have missed…It'll be good to get to know you all.

Darlys, it has been busy at the office this week, so that is part of the reason I have been on. The pity party is much better, but I have been having other issues; good and bad, which I'll explain in a minute. I did get the fabric you sent; it's great, thank you. Yours in winging it's way to you as we speak; you should get it in the next day or two.

Now, the good: The Doc has started doing laser therapy on Monday and so many people are getting relief for so many things; it's amazing. Yes he has been treating me with it and WOW! I have been cane free since the first treatment. The pain comes back around 4:30 every morning, but each morning it gets less and less. In addition to the major decreases in pain and inflammation, my chiropractor was very pleased with how much easier I was to adjust. He said the energy and twist of my spine was much improved, as well. I can lift my right arm over my head for the first time in years. I'm completely floored. I started pulling weeds in my yard, I was feeling so good; well, until a brown recluse spider came scuttling out at me, that is. After my treatment I have an energy burst, but it still runs out pretty quickly. If my results, and that of everyone else, is any indication of what's to come; I can't help, but to be excited about it. A positive side effect to this treatment is that my pain is not the only thing going away. My skin is improving, as well. Wrinkles smoothing out, skin tags are going away, age spots are fading…by the time I'm done, I just might look and feel like I'm 25 again. Woo hoo!

The bad: There is, however one side effect to the treatment that I'm not so happy about. That is that some people can experience flu-like symptoms. There is a preventative remedy for this that you are supposed to take after each treatment that will either prevent it entirely or at least lessen it. It has been so busy, though, that we have to work my treatments in where ever we can, so needless, to say, we have forgotten it until yesterday. Suffice it to say, a little late for any hope of preventing it. I guess I have to let it just run its course, now.

I would be sleeping pretty good, because of the lack of pain, which is one of the big causes of me not sleeping, except for the cold and flu stuff going on…

Let me tell you, though, If it makes me tremendously better, then the "flu" stuff will be well worth it, believe me!

I'll check in again next week. Maybe I'll be back on every day soon. Maybe I'll learn to dance…hahaha.

Love you all,

Squishes and hugs for everyone!

Kathryn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  09:25:02 AM  Show Profile
Oh Kathryn, I am so glad that you have finally found some help for your pain. Is this an "I can only haves a limited number of treatments" or an "I can have all the treatments I need whenever I need them" type of treatment? Best of luck to you and happy sleeping - now work on getting some of that stress out of your life.

Glenda, I know what you mean about dressing to suit yourself. In my 'neck of the woods' women wear mostly jeans and sweatshirts with tennis shoes in the winter, and denium capris and tees the rest of the year. When I dress like this I feel like an old frump. I like decorated clothing, soft jackets and tops, long skirts, sun dresses, open toed shoes and flip flops, chunky jewelry, things like that. I have been retired for three years, but when I was still working I was the only teacher who wore dressy outfits. Others just work kakies (sp.?) and school logo shirts. Seems to me that some women are so afraid to step outside the box that they lose their right to empowerment. Very sad. You are such a creative artist that I'm sure you are envied by the 'followers' in your town. Honey, don't wait until you are 70. Do your own thing NOW!

Yesterday I decided to do something for myself that I would enjoy doing. I got my hubby involved and we went to work. When we first moved here I had a little path through our grove to our hayfield. I stopped using it when another path, big enough for field equipment, was created. I have really missed my little path so we have started to clear it once again. I want it just wide enough for two people to walk down it side-by-side. Anyway yesterday we started cleaning it up. We don't want to destroy any undergrowth or take down trees, but did have to remove some fallen trees that were decaying. Instead of burning them we dicided to leave them in the woods to keep this area the way nature intended. We are about half done, and today it is cold and raining. I am so glad that I am getting my path back so I can go down to the field and watch wildlife in the early morning or late evening. Boy! I used a lot of words just to say I'm clearing a path through my wooded area. giggle sorry

I have a grrrrrr - to share with you. I joined weight watchers the first week in April and I am doing well. At Wednesday's weigh in I have now lost 9.8 pounds. Yesterday I get a message from WW telling me that I am loosing weight to quickly. I already knew this, but I am following the program to a "T". I am not using their extra points as thats where I get into trouble and I have been very active with outside projects and walking. After reading the message I fought myself all day to stay on the program. This is such a money making company that they are actually discouraging people. The longer it takes to lose weight - the more money in their pockets from mine - I do love ww and have met many wonderful gals there so I am going to carry on and not post another thing on the ww website. OK I'm done venting now! Does anyone have a rhubarb recipe for sauce that doesn't use alot of sugar?

Taa taa chickie poos. have a great weekend

Edited by - Thelma on Apr 27 2012 09:38:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  12:15:36 PM  Show Profile
Thelma -- Truvia has a site with some good recipes. Haven't tried this but I'll bet it's good. I use Truvia or Stevia all the time. It's good.

Rhubarb Sauce

5 cups rhubarb, washed, cut into ˝" pieces
˝ tsp cinnamon
˝ tsp Diamond Crystal® kosher salt
1 cup water
#8531; cup + 1˝ tsp Truvia® natural sweetener spoonable*

* or 20 packets Truvia® natural sweetener

Instructions

1. Assemble all ingredients.
2. Cut rhubarb stalks into ˝" pieces; place in cooking kettle.
3. Add Truvia® natural sweetener, cinnamon, water and salt; cook over medium heat for 20 minutes; stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat; allow to cool for 25 minutes.
5. Transfer into bowl; cover; serve warm or refrigerate.

Nutrition Facts per serving

Calories 10; Total Fat, 0g; Saturated Fat, 0g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 0mg; Sodium, 35mg; Total Carbohydrate, 5g; Dietary Fiber, 1g; Sugars, 0g; Erythritol, 4g: Protein, 0g; Vitamin A, 0% DV; Vitamin C, 4% DV; Calcium, 4% DV; Iron, 0% DV.

Cool journal, Nancy. America - she's got talent!

Kathryn - glad you are on the upswing and that you've found something that helps you so dramatically. Hope you can get by the flu and cold stuff soon. Spring has sprung!

I, too, like "chickie poo" Thelma. Am now about to make my "Chickie Poo To-Do" list for the afternoon. Will touch back later.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  12:29:14 PM  Show Profile
Thelma - got the fabric in today's mail. What a treat! The lovely purple butterflies are so sweet but you added the purple stripe & little purple flowers. Thank you so much. Now I need to do something with them. Hhmmm.. right after I finish the pillowcases, then the quilt (oh, need to patch that flannel sheet for the backing), plant more beans - every 2 weeks you know - finish that crocheted afghan, bathe dogs (they rolled in something - again), complete making my denim jacket - I couldn't find one at Good Will & couldn't afford that nice one I saw on eBay......wait, what were we talking about? Oh dear..senior moment.

Well, maybe I'll just go pluck some fresh salad greens for dinner & finish that lasagna and make some garlic bread.

Later sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

charleen
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

phyllis
pampa texas
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  12:37:39 PM  Show Profile
are there any farmgirls in the GRAY COUNTY, Pampa Tx area? This is the northeast part of the texas panhandle. I am trying to start a chapter and am trying to start gathering some chicks for my henhouse. my phone is 806-662-0657, and my email is henny_penny50@yahoo.com. my name is charleen.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  4:42:34 PM  Show Profile

Good evening everyone,

I believe that we are now experiencing Jan's weather. cold and snowy. and did I say windy? The cloud cover is so solid that I can not tell which way they are moving.

Our water pump malfunctioned. It worked but not right and not so it would not have a complete breakdown at some inconvenient time I called the plumber to check it out. I told him I could live with having to go downstairs to plug and unplug it but I could not live with the uncertainty that it would stop working altogether at 5:50 on a Saturday evening. Our water is gravity fed from the spring to a 350 gallon holding tank in the downstairs of the barn. We have a pressure tank and a pump. The pump would not stop when the pressure inside was the right amount. So, the motor became hot from running constantly. Our plumber said it was not a switch. Anyway, He installed a new pump today that shuts off when it reaches the right pressure. I kept the old pump so I could pump water from the pond if I needed too. It will pump a steady stream.

I am so jealous Kathy that you are eating greens already.

Glenda around here there is a program called Homeshare. http://www.homesharenow.org/ I wonder if you would have something like this around you. It helps people like you who want to stay in their homes but are having a hard time keeping up on chores as well as other needs of the homeowner.

Tomorrow we will go pick up the six piglets. We will keep them in the lower part of the haybarn. The haybarn is built on a hill and where the hill drops down there is a big open stall. The top part of the haybarn is at the top of the hill so we can drive the tractor or our truck into it so we do not need to throw the hay up over our heads. We can close both sets of doors so the piglets will stay inside and be warm. In the corner is a well of sorts. It is actually a couple of springs but they are under the ground so we put well tiles over them and up high enough so they are above the ground. A well tile is a circular cement piece that is about three feet high. One side is tapered a little so it will fit in the non tapered side of the one above it. There is a cover on it. We throw a bucket down the hole to the water and haul it up with a pulley that I hung from the ceiling. It sure beats hauling the water down from the house.

I took two more Subaru's full of old clothes to the clothing swap today. My house is so much lighter.

We had Maine scallops, asparagus and bread for supper.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  6:28:16 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I clicked on that link and it is something I would definitely be interested in if they had it in this area. My house is designed so that it can easily be two residences. I have separate guest quarters with separate entrance and on my long list of things to do is to add a small kitchen out there. I think it would be tricky to find a compatible person or couple as I would not like someone with a lot of guests, visiting family, smokers, etc. and we are a long way from shopping, schools or medical.

Kathryn, glad to see you back and feeling better. It is no fun to be down and out. I am so very happy to be feeling so much better and in a much more positive frame of mind. If I get too down and negative, Darlys will very sweetly tell me to get over it and be positive. love that gal to death.

Also some wonderful, wonderful news - those of you who have been praying for my brother---I want you to know that your prayers have been answered. Last November he was told he had "slim to none" chance of surviving the throat cancer, but his radiologist told him yesterday that he was responding so well to the chemo and radiation that he expected the tumor to be dissolved and not even to need surgery. Now if that isn't a miracle, I don't know what is. We kept telling him, a slim chance is at least a chance, and he did not give up, he has waged war against the demon cancer and with all his fighting and all the prayers, we now believe he is going to win. Thank you,ladies, thank you God, thank you chickie poos.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Apr 27 2012 7:35:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  7:47:23 PM  Show Profile
Good evening.
I had to be at the hospital early this morning for some test, so I feel as if half my day was wasted. I should have started my post last night before I went to bed, but I was sooo tired. I have felt so good the last few days and have kept busy. Yesterday I butchered some quail, went to the grainery for feed and then to mom's to help make mincemeat using my great grandmother's recipe. I love mincemeat pie! We made 2 batches and used 2 different types of beef to see what we preferred. (another blog post in the making). I had never made mincemeat, but the time with my mother sure had her talking of old memories and we created new ones.
Today after I got home from the hospital I finished working on one my cabinets. It is now in my kitchen.

Glenda- Such wonderful news concerning your brother... there is definately power in prayer. I wished I lived closer so I could help you on your property. You know I would love that. :)
Holly- your supper sounds wonderful. Dalous isn't home and when I am here alone I seem to eat carelessly. Wish I were in Vermont for supper.
Darlys- Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have printed it out. It looks delicious.
Thelma- You know weight watchers will change there program as soon as everyone is comfortable with this one. It is all about making more money and if they keep the same diet they can't make money..lol. None of the old points calculators work with the new program and the cookbooks become out dated.
Kathryn- I hope your feeling better soon. :)
Nancy- The journal is beautiful. You do such beautiful work.

BTW, Jake is feeling good. It is getting around the house fine. Yesterday he made his Italian GF a birthday cake.. a spaghetti and meatball cake. The meat balls are chocolate no bake cookies. I will post a pic. :) Well, off to the shower and do a load of laundry. I have clothes folded on Dalous' side of our king size bed, they just may stay there until tomorrow. I can sleep on my side without messing them up. :)

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Apr 27 2012 7:48:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  05:32:43 AM  Show Profile
Good morning sisters. Cooler here this morning, but it'll just put a brisk snap in the snap peas!!

I'm all dressed and ready to go already. Oldest daughter is coming to take me to the opera!! I love opera. Husband....not so much. I listen to it on the radio in my truck.

I have to tell you all this story: Several years ago, I bought a new Jeep. Somebody special ordered it then the sale fell through or something happened..don't really know. Anyway, the Jeep had 12 speakers!! I guess so when you take the top off, and the doors off, so you can still hear your music. Anyway, I was listening to one particularly impressive piece from "The Barber of Seville", with my windows up and sound down so only I could hear it. I was being considerate of other drivers who might not like opera as much as I. A little red car pulled up next to me with windows down, music blaring, bass booming!! I could see cars all around rolling up their windows, trying to block some of it out. I casually rolled my drivers side window down, looked down into the smug face of the teenager whose head was bobbing with the base, and started turning up my opera music. As my music got louder, so did his. As I understand it, the volume on most radios only goes to level 35 or something like that. Remember I said this Jeep was special ordered with a killer sound system? I kept turning up my volume, he kept turning up his...I adjusted my bass, so did he. The end finally came when I turned my volume up to 110 (good thing I partially deaf or that might have hurt) - I could have gone higher......the 2 boys were having trouble with hearing their music by then. Suddenly, there was a loud crackling sound coming from their car and all of their sound went dead. I turned my music down low, stuck my head out and said "what happened to your music? It sounded so good with mine, don't you think?" I could see people in cars all around us, laughing - hard. I turned my music back to a 'normal' level and when the light changed, I calmly drove off, leaving them cussing and fuming! I'll never forget the day I made a rude baby loose their sound!!

How about the rest of you? Is there a 'time you remember when?' Give us the details....but keep it clean...remember, there are young chicks listening in.

That's all for now. I'll check in later tonight.

Have a great Saturday sisters!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  05:33:44 AM  Show Profile
By the way Patty-LOVE your cake!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  07:18:32 AM  Show Profile
Thelma, the treatment plan consists of 10 treatments; one each day for four days consecutively, then the next six over the next two weeks. Although there are other plans to extend that if necessary; not everybody "heals" at the same rate...I however, can continue to extend as much as I need to, for free; it's part of my "bargain" with the Doc. He wants to start paying me a paycheck sometime soon, but all treatments will still be included. I'm a very lucky and blessed person, to have such an opportunity. I'm a bit sleepy this a.m., so I hope I answered your question...lol

Have a great day all!

Squashes and Hugs!

Kathryn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  09:07:40 AM  Show Profile
Darlys, as soon as the rain lets up I am going out to pick 5 cups of rhubarb. I can't wait to try this recipe. I hope it turns out. I'll keep you posted.

Kathy, I'm glad you liked your 'purple package'. I know what you mean by having all those projects up and going. I have promised myself that I would finish up a few things before I start anything new. right now I'm not in the sewing mood. I have a few projects cut out so they are ready for those hot, humid summer afternoons when it will be to hot to be outside after 11:00 a.m.

Holly I had hubby read your post about you water supply and explain it to me.. It was very interesting. I like knowing how other people live in different parts of the country. Are you raising pigs for your own table or will you be selling them? I had 2 cows that I was raising for meat when Darwin had his stroke. They got so big I had to get rid of them as one would not stay in the pasture and the other would come after me when I tried to get at the feed troughts. My nephew would stop by and help me, but I finally had him load them up and take them to the butcher shop. I do miss fresh meat. I hate buying it by the package even if it comes from the butcher shop and I know it is a healthy animal. I think about getting a few pigs now and then and of course chickens, but I know life would be to trying for me if I give into my pipe dreams. You enjoy those critters!

Guess what 'chickie poos'! I have found a zip line at a summer camp about an hour from here. ONE BIG PROBLEM - I have to climb a very steep rock wall to get to it. Like that is ever going to happen! giggle

Kathren thanks for sharing your treatment schedule with me. Interesting! You must work for the doctor?

Patty - you are so right about weight watchers. I have spent more money that I ever wanted to. I can't really tell the difference in the last upgrade they made, except that I get to eat less points. It is a healthy program and I feel better now that I am eating right and getting some exercise. Don't you just hate it when young, skinny people join because they think they are fat! Slow and steady wins the race for me. I have 18 pounds left to lose (My goal is Dr. set not WW set) then 6 weeks after that until I am eligable for lifetime. If I become a lifetime member I can attend for free. I want to do that so I can stop spending good money on nonsence.

Patty, your cabnit came out great. What are you going to use it for? Ok storage - giggle, what will you store in it?

Kathy, your music story is a hoot. It should join the ranks of the urban legends that are being told these days.

Taa taa 'chickie poos'. I better go get something done. I HATE HOUSEWORK ON A RAINY DAY!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  09:10:02 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to try to post a pic. ha ha

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by - Thelma on Apr 28 2012 09:11:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  09:40:39 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, everybody "keeps it clean" on this thread. We are very nice chickie poos. And here I thought I was the bossy one. My funny story was way back I don't know how many pages ago, probably around page 100 when we were all getting in the wrong cars at the parking lots. I do have another one but it involves toilet tissue so I don't know if you will let me tell it or not. It was definitely clean toilet tissue. I love some opera--some I can do without. They do 3 operas a year in Austin and I usually get to all of them. What is your favorite opera? Favorite voice?
Patty the cabinet looks fabulous---and I can't tell you how much I wish you were closer, or even if you could just send some of that boundless energy my way. It would take me at least a week to accomplish what you do in one day. So good to hear the good news about Jake.
Also, I hope your tests are good--and that your BP and back are under control!!!
Kathryn, where do they do the laser treatments, on what part of the body, if that's not being too personal. If it is, ignore the question. If its making your skin better, sounds sort of like a laser photofacial? (don't ask me how I know about that)
Wonder if it would work on my lower back which hurts most of the time. I'm wondering exactly what the procedure consists of and what it does...sounds really interesting. and you let that doc give you a paycheck any time he feels like it!!!!! sounds like he appreciates your work a lot. And, BTW, it is wonderful to hear you sounding so positive and upbeat again. I think we are all set for some happy happy, after many of us going through some bad times lately. Darlys had some pretty serious surgery not that long ago and she is already back climbing up steep stairs at the book store, not for the books, but for the food that is upstairs. She told me she was going back to get a book she decided she wanted, but I strongly suspect she is going back for that chicken salad.
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Apr 28 2012 10:11:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  2:53:08 PM  Show Profile
Glenda - I know we all really do keep it clean around here....although a few pages back when we were all really into that lemon aid and hunky pony tailed guys... hhmmm ok - maybe not.

Any way, favorite opera is Madame Butterfly, favorite rock opera is Phantom of the Opera. I prefer tenors, but also love listening to those low deep bass voices. I also love tubas and french horns. Peter and the Wolf & other children's operas have all always been my favs, but this one today....I can truly say that I am glad my memory is so bad, because this opera was really bad. Shakespear's "The Tempest". Might have been better had we been able to understand the singers. I know they were singing in English, but it sounded like screeching to music. Even the kids around is didn't like it.

Well, good night sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  2:56:29 PM  Show Profile
Thelma - email me please. I lost your email address. Somehow, Yahoo got the idea that they should delete any email I already read, even though I didn't want to delete them.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  4:01:29 PM  Show Profile
nancy, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed the pictures of the journal you gifted Holly. You are very creative. I don't know anything about making copies of outdated books. I do know that I was unable to have photos coppied of my parents wedding picture as it had a stamp on the back telling the company who took it. The company burned to the ground when I was a little girl and no longer exists. I got around it by taking a picture of the picture and then had that developed. I would feel comfortable using old books as gifts, but would hesitate selling projects made with them.

I got a beautiful card today from Evelena in Canton. I know she is the mother of one of you chickie poos. I'm sorry but I don't remember which chick. Please refresh my memory. I want to answer this wonderful piece of mail.

Kathy - I posted my e-mail for you if it doesn't show up in your e-mail let me know.

I am still wanting birthdays from you new gals so I can update my personal mailing list. If you want to share the info with me I'll get my e-mail to you. Let me know

I'll be back later I need to get our evening meal started. Taa taa

Edited by - Thelma on Apr 28 2012 4:03:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  4:08:27 PM  Show Profile
I refuse to give up!
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  5:15:33 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We raise one pig for us and the rest for other people. Two years ago there were two people who bought pork from us. They went elsewhere last year. One traded with his nephew and one bought in a pig with her mother. They are back with us this year. They said our pork tastes. better. they think it is because our pigs have a big pen to live in and are happy pigs. Some years the pigs get out of their pen and go swimming in the pond. I do not mind if they get out of their pen I do mind if they go down the hill to the neighbor's. She is not understanding at all and I prefer not to deal with her. One year the pigs did not live in a pen. In the morning they would go up the stream and roll in the mud. They ate the grubs and such from under the logs. We had 8 pigs that year and used only 50 pounds of feed a day. Last year we had them penned and used 100 pounds of feed a day. They never went down the hill that year. In the afternoon after the heat of the day went by they would go for a swim in the pond to wash off the mud. They were fun to have a round. We had horses then. The pigs would eat the horse manure so we did not need to clean out the paddock or the garage.

Today we woke to a covering of snow on the ground. it melted soon. The sun was out all day. The sky was a brilliant blue with temperatures in the forties. We almost have the paddock pig proof, we hope. My bushes arrived from the conservation district. They are bare root plants and are very reasonably priced. I have an apple tree, a crabapple, two blueberry, four blackberry, two plum and two hazelnut and some starwberries. I have never grown plum or hazelnut. I should find the booklet I ordered them from so I can read the recommended planting areas and size they grow too.

g

I hope these pictures post a reasonable size.
Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Apr 29 2012 4:58:56 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page