beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  3:44:27 PM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo!! It worked. Whoops!! Now you all know what I look like. Hee hee.

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  4:05:20 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Several members of my family are sick with nasty chest colds. We are very grateful that we do not have the cough and barf version of this illness that is going around. Tomorrow will be better for all of them. I am not sick.........yet.

I spent an hour or so outside assembling two of the raised beds. I am going to put the perennials in them. I have horseradish to plant and I want to try doing asparagus. I tried to move the pea fence to a new location but the wire is old, rusted, heavy and bent. Maybe tomorrow I will have more luck with it. I need to look in my bag of seeds to see if I even have any pea seeds. The garden soil is dry now so the tractor will not sink to its axles.

The eighth graders at our regional high school go to Washington DC each spring. I had an eighth grader here today selling raffle tickets to help pay her way. I have not heard that they go to any cemetary at night when they are there. I will have to suggest it. I would guess by the time night fall comes the chaperones are just glad to get them all into the hotel and keep them there. A few years ago a student left his backpack on the steps of the Capitol Building. The whole group was detained and a big bruhaha happened because they treated the incident like it had contained a bomb.

Today was overcast and in the forties. Looking outside it seemed like it was really cold out. It wasn't.

I think I can put down two hours for moving today. barn chores, garden work and household chores.

Virtual Tour

Nancy I am really glad that your dh has a fine sense of humor. It was naughty of Thelma to sneak into his bedroom with a warm bowl of water and put his hand in it. I am surprised the giggling outside the door of Darlys and Kathy would have woken him for sure.

I think I will forgo the midnight cemetary ride to see the globes. I am exhausted and do not want to be cranky tomorrow for the museums.

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k639/Shaggyd0g/Female_Pirate_Sketch_4_by_AngryTenko.jpg[/IMG]

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  5:25:26 PM  Show Profile
use a search engine to locate Decorah Eagle Cam. Well worth your time. Poor eagle has a camera in her nest and is being watched 24 - 7. Her first egg is cracking. I can't see it. but news media reports that an eaglet is on its way! Hope you find it. The camera will remain on until the birds leave the nest.

Edited by - Thelma on Mar 24 2012 5:26:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  6:02:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/03/eagle-cam-first-egg-watch/ eagle's nest

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  6:27:04 PM  Show Profile
Connection is failing up here this trip. Garage sale was successful. Weather couldn't have been more perfect. Supposed to start raining tonite. Probably made close to $100 with our trunk load of stuff (including a perfectly good but old tv). Exhausted now though.

Holly, thank you so much for getting me out of jail! Now you can put me down for 4 hours of moving today.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  7:38:58 PM  Show Profile
thelma and penny thank you for the eagle cam web address!! My husband and I are enjoying it
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  8:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey ladies, while waiting on Thelma to get out of the tree, I came across this website about dolls called Mini Me...thought I would pass it along http://www.homemade-gifts-made-easy.com/how-to-make-mini-me-cloth-dolls.html

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  01:55:09 AM  Show Profile
What a really nice gift. Her friends must have been so touched. I have never had a friend that close, what a treasure it would be.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  07:29:37 AM  Show Profile
Penny, thanks for finding the correct e-mail. I have my site saved in favorites and I couldn't get hubby off the computer long enough to go searching again. Also thanks for the Mini - Me doll site. This little gal is almost like our beloved Dottee. I am going to have to try and get a little doll made by April 1st. Want to sew a little pocket on one to hold a gift card for a confirmation.

Marianne, I have never had an extremely close, all my life friend either. I do have tons of friends and love being around friendly people. So guess I can't complain. Garden club friends - quilting friends - reading group and library friends - church friends - neighbors - antique farmshow friends - bus trip friends - teachers retired or otherwise - photography friends - conservation friends - and of course you farm chickie poos. sometimes someone will come up and start visiting and I have to think about what we have all done together. I have just described small community living. Although I have a lot of friends they are all special to me.

Well taa taa - hubby wants to watch the eagle some more.

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  4:10:57 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was cold and cloudy. The temperatures were in the high thirties and low forties. I spent the day inside after doing barn chores. I made bread, washed laundry and did dishes. BOOOORRRRIIIINNNGGGG

A woman we know canme and dropped off two guinea fowl and four layers. OUr guineas are in an uproar. They can hear the new birds in the chicken house but they can not see each other.

I think I was on my feet for five hours.

VIRTUAL TRIP

Tomorrow we leave the lovely hospitality of Nancy's home to head for the Okefenokee Swamp. It is supposed to be a lovely place to see birds and maybe another crocodile or is it alligators that live in fresh water.
http://okefenokee.com/

We will leave Nancy's and head north across the St Mary's River. A little ferry ride or a very wide bridge, so hard to tell on the map. Then along route 40 west to Folkston, GA.http://www.folkston.com/ We could have lunch there and then catch a ride into the swamp for the afternoon and evening. Our ride will take us north and we will spend the evening in Hoboken Georgia.http://www.city-data.com/city/Hoboken-Georgia.html.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

KDFH
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Karen
Chesapeake VA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  4:24:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I am over fifty and just found you all! I live in Chesapeake, Va and the weather is really warm. Everything is blooming early and the birds couldn't be any busier.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  6:14:16 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Karen. You are going to love the 'chick chat' here. Come walk with us. We have covered Florida and tomorrow we will enter Georgia. Oh, and don't believe everything you read about pirates and nonexisting bathing suits. Hope you like lemonade! giggle
On this site we laugh together, cry some, and share important events and nonimportant stuff in our lives. Feel free to jump right on and enjoy yourself.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  6:39:34 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Karen, I know you will like it here. Lots of laughs, support, prayers, you name it. It is cold here again,28 degrees. Supposed to be cold all week. Glad I did not get all the raking done,the neighbors leaves are all blowing this way!!! We have a half a block of lawn on a hill, so there is alot of yard work to do.
Glad I am in Florida now, alot warmer. Seems we will be seeing lots of water yet. Am looking forward to sight seeing in Georgia.I put in about 3 hours of walking in the last 2 days.

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  8:22:42 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour
Nancy, I will NEVER visit another cemetary after dark ever again in my life no matter how long I live no matter what no way no how. But, thank you for taking us!

Please tell your husband thank you for his hospitality. I have already extended a heartfelt thanks to Snuggles. The museum was wonderful, too.

I am looking forward to the ferry ride across St Mary's River. And this will be my first time in GA!

I moved for 2 and a half hours today!

Until tomorrow,
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  8:35:30 PM  Show Profile
Thelma thanks for sharing that you have lots of friends without a "bestie." It is nice to not feel weird! My husband and I spent some time watching the eagle today, too. She got up and rearranged and we saw one of the eggs, but no action. It was funny to see a bunch of other birds hopping around the tree beneath the nest. I thought they would be afraid of the eagle ...

Karen, Welcome to the Over 50's. Janet and Thelma pretty much summed us up perfectly. I hope you like visiting with us.

Holly, Hope you can avoid the nastiness that is going around your house. It sure is tough when family members are sick.

It was in the 60s here today, our first taste of Spring. Right on time. Dh changed our tires out and the oil, too. I got the grocery shopping done and some meals prepared. Found some jeans yesterday, wasn't sure of my size and the box store doesn't have dressing rooms so I brought them home. One size 6 fit, but not exactly flattering. One size 8, too big. One size 8 could only get it partway up my thighs. Does any of that make sense? No wonder women hate to shop. So, no new jeans for Mar.

marianne
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  9:47:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Thelma..I just got off the eagle cam. We check it at least a couple times a day! It's so exciting! It's hard to believe we can actually see this happening! By the way..I do live close to you. Nora Springs.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2012 :  05:36:38 AM  Show Profile
Thelma I have been watching the eagle cam with my hubby for quite a while today. It was hard to get him off it. Even Snuggles was barking at him to get up and go out and play.

Welcome Karen. We are so happy you are with us.

Holly I hope everyone gets better soon there at your house. It is not pleasant when the kids are not well. I see you were busy doing those things that I get to do today: laundry, baking and dishes. Well not complaints here really as my DH did do the vacuuming the other day. What a dear man.

DH made his famous breakfast for all you ladies before you left our house on your way up to GA. We had pancakes, eggs and canadian bacon, bisquits, and grits if anyone wanted to try this southern dish. They really are quite good. I like them with a little butter and maybe some maple syrup. We were so glad to have all you ladies stay at our place. Leon is especially happy that you all joined in singing with him when he played his ukelele for you. It was fun seeing Marianne, Thelma, and Janet doing the hula. Darlys, no more lemonade for Leon! He has been playing that ukelele far too long and it is time to go to sleep. We have to get up in the morning and be on our way.

Does everyone have their boots ready for the swamp. I found some really cool ones with sock monkeys on them. You know I really love those sock monkeys. I hope they will not encourage any alligators or frogs! yipes! I have been to Folkston. A nice place to stop for lunch.

I will be doing errands today and finishing up on my sewing things. I am going to be making some little heart bean bags for my DD's business. I have them all cut out so I just have to sew them and fill them.

Have a great day. Love you all.

Hugs,

Nancy xoxo

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2012 :  07:19:51 AM  Show Profile
Rained all day yesterday - my knee hurt like being poked with hot knitting needles and my head felt like it would explode. The older I get, the more my body reacts - painfully - to weather changes. Today much better. No rain, but still overcast and moist. I could really use a little of that Florida/Georgia sunshine today. To be able to sit on the warm sand and bury my feet in it; squirming my toes down, down... Listen to the ocean waves back and forth. Ah.....vacation in my mind.
I need to get moving. I need to get my plants covered because there's a freeze warning here tonight and I planted veggies already. Then it house cleaning and laundry. So put me down for 3 hours today.
I'm going to try to make Easter Egg candy. Hopefully it'll work. I've never made filled candy before, but I'm up for this challenge.
Later sisters!
Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2012 :  11:20:45 AM  Show Profile
Hey Nancy thanx for the wonderful hospitality! Snuggles is such a 'lil charmer and harmonizing with Leon and his ukelele was most fun! Your house is lovely and Fernandina Beach is a glorious little town. Sorry to say goodbye!

Marianne..was that you screaming in the dark? I thoroughly enjoyed the cemetery!! BOO!!!

Waiting with bated breath for the Okeefenokee Swamp and I thought Hoboken was in New Jersey LOL!!! :)

OOWLALA...quite an outfit Darlys! ARGH!

Hey there Glenda...so glad to see that your starting to bounce back! Ed is a good care giver, give him a {{hug}} for us!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on Mar 26 2012 11:22:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2012 :  1:53:16 PM  Show Profile
I was a little concerned, myself Dianne, about those two knights, but It worked out, in the end…I just took them both! I t did get somewhat complicated, though. If I paid too much attention to either one, then there were a bit of testosterone thrown around, but I guess I managed it well, enough.

The raft ride was soooo relaxing; most of the time.

Nancy, thank you and hubbie for all your hospitality; I really had a good time and he was a very good sport to put up with all our "fun."

The pirates were so much fun… do you really think, Dianne, that they liked my costume?
Sister #3282

I'm sure it was Marianne screaming, Mel, but Darlys did a lot of whimpering herself and Thelma's handprint is going to be with me for a few days, to be sure…lol. We are looked simply darling in our southern belle costumes, though didn't we?

I for one have had enough of alligators; I just got my hat replaced, after all.

Oh, and, by the way, Nancy, I was not the only one to end up on that swing in the saloon; I had plenty of company…tee hee

Hello GF's. I hope all is well. It was sunny and in the eighties all weekend and even now it is more of the same. It was a perfect day for working outside…or even inside. Unfortunately I didn't get to do any of it. I do need to be put down for 4 hours of movement, however, Holly. Never ending shopping with my daughter and granddaughters. Not much sleeping got done this weekend either and I'm looking forward to the week, so I can rest. Haha

I took my granddaughters to a friend's farm and the 2 y. o. got attacked by the rooster, poor baby, but she got over it pretty quickly… They had fun and got to hold some new chicks and take home some alpaca fleece as a souvenir. We are going to make dolls and use the fleece as hair…sometime. My list of "want to" projects keeps growing , but my time and wallet keep getting smaller…

It was good to hear from you Glenda and I'm so happy you are doing well.

I'll check in with you all tomorrow. Have a great day and an even better night.

Squeezes and hugs!
Kathyrn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Edited by - Cooknnana on Mar 26 2012 1:55:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2012 :  3:34:32 PM  Show Profile
Well, put down for 3 hours of garden work.

So we are off to Georgia huh... Love the southern belle dress I picked out. Have to deal with the overflow on top though. Maybe a lace shawl... don't want to attract too many southern gentlemen away from the rest of you girls. Ya hear!
Nancy, your hubbie can cook for us anytime! Thanks for a wonderful stay. Thankful we didn't see that alligator. Thelma and I need more alligator hide for more boots and hats but wrestling those suckers takes a wind out of ya! We were game though.

Today is perfect weather outside. Nice about in the 60's but rain is on it's way again. Friday I have to finish up the yard clean up as the bin will be empty again. Then school starts on Monday again.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2012 :  5:21:49 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour

I do like Canadian Bacon and pancakes. Thank Leon for the wonderful send off.

The ferry ride for me was a little nauseous. I DID NOT throw up overboard or on board either. I really like boats but it is a far easier ride for me when I am the captain of the boat. I thank you all for not throwing me overboard when I looked green in the gills.

I enjoyed the birds in the swamp. I had never seen most of them and the brilliant colors will shine through on the screen when I download them.

It was hard to hold Ginny in the boat when we came upon the flock of flamingos and egrets. A new costume will have to wait. It is hard for the birds to maneuver when they have no tail feathers. The contest to see who could throw the fish into the pelican's pouch was fun. I am not sorry I lost. I have never been good at throwing a ball at anything and hitting the target. Kathy your arm is fantastic! NO qualms about pitching the fish even though the fish slime was running down your arms into the top of the bathing suit. eewwww

Janet I was impressed by your fishing technique and am glad that you caught so many of those catfish so we will not be hungry tonight. I am glad Penny knew how to clean those suckers. I have never been good with whiskers especially ones that sting. Do they really sting or is it a folk tale.

Tomorrow we are off to Jesup for lunch. I am not sure what it is about these towns we are traveling through but this one seems to have a prison as well. Like Hoboken, the web site for Jesup lists the number of sex offenders living in the town and what the ratio to the general population is. I was going to post the gov site for Jesup chamber of commerce but the google search said it might damage my computer. So, here is the general info for if you want to move there. http://www.city-data.com/city/Jesup-Georgia.html

After lunch we will continue on our sojourn to Savannah. I am going to beg of Kathy and the others who have been there to pick our itinerary. I know the Girl Scout founder Juliette Gordon Low has a house there that is a big attraction for Girl Scouts to travel too. Other than that I know nothing. So, instead of Googling I am going to leave it up to our tour guides. I would think we should spend at least two days here because it is a famously historic place. I do want some good food.

It is great that people are logging in their hours so we can travel at a reasonable pace on our trip. The more hours the better. I want to get north before the sweltering temperatures settle in down here. From here we will head north west to Penny's and then on to Debra's. some one should warn Debra that we will be dropping in soon so she can get ready. I am sure that Penny has called on ahead already to warn her dh of the excitement that will be visited on him soon. lol

Blister free walking to you.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2012 :  6:44:12 PM  Show Profile
Today it only got up to 39 degrees after waking up to 19 degrees, plus windy, so feels even colder. I am so looking forward to warm weather that will stick around for awhile.
Virtual trip:
I had a very good time fishing for catfish. Wanted to try for some Marlin, but my pole was way too small. Am looking forward to Savannah. It is beautiful there. We went through there way back in 1995. Loved all the mansions and victorian houses. Am really looking forward to visiting at Penny's and Debra's too.
Today I shopped til I dropped, 3 hours, then came home and had to put all the groceries away. My freezer is now full again. So, 3 hours for me today.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2012 :  7:24:54 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies!

This is quick for me, I've been very busy and Holly can put me down for 9 hours of moving on Saturday since we went to civilization shopping and then on Sunday I spent 5 hours cleaning my basement and garage. I am exhausted but wanted to get my time in. Only about 1 hour today. Tomorrow and Wednesday I am helping my friend Holly move paintings and matt boards from her art gallery and framing shop to a new location. After that maybe I can re-enter the Vitural Tour. At least I caught up on the 3 pages of posts tonight.

Welcome to Karen and Reba and I hope they join us on our move it tour.

Great to hear Glenda is doing well!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  05:34:35 AM  Show Profile
Got to rush today. Holly, put me down for 5 hours for yesterday. I was cleaning car and polishing it. Also, cleaned kitchen and bathroom floors. Yes, I was a busy bee.

Thank you all for your wonderful stay at my home for the time in Florida. We enjoyed having you here. Mel I am so glad you were next to me in the swamp. Really wild in there. I am amazed at all those birds.

Bye for now

Nancy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page