Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  11:53:41 AM  Show Profile
Thelma YOU MADE THAT! What beautiful work you do!!!!!!

Friends are the Flowers in the Garden of Life
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  11:56:50 AM  Show Profile
I'll try one more
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  12:44:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Holly, it is baling twine I used to start the rug, I only had a little bit so got to find more...just wanted to jump in to tell ya....more later..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  12:59:48 PM  Show Profile
WOW!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  1:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thelma, that quilt is beautiful...wow. Wish I had that talent...I can see why it brought $400.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  2:28:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sue! Welcome!

Thelma! Wow! I love that quilt! Great Job GF!!

Joan, I so understand what you mean; even with my own kids. They are all always on their fancy cell phones doing all sorts of things...I think people are becoming too immune to real face to face communication...It is really sad.

VIRTUAL TOUR

Shoot! I thought I was being soooo sneaky; I didn't think anyone saw me ride off with the pony-tailed knight. What is it with me and pony tails! lol Well, If Judy, Bunny, and Thelma can play footsie with those half naked Arabians, then I guess it's okay for to ride of with a long-haired knight. It'll be the one "knight in shining armor" I'll ever ride off with, anyway. I'm to be greatly pitied GF's; especially from you gals who have gotten yourselves a great guy. I wanted one too, even if he was only acting... ;P

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  3:35:11 PM  Show Profile
Thelma! That quilt is fabulous. Someone got a deal. You've got uber-talent! Talented photographer, too!

Well, I should have done this long ago. But I have stopped trying to right this photo. It may have something to do with the positioning of the IPhone camera. And this not-so-talented photographer. I've gotta lotta learnin' to do. MJF was very thoughtful to send this to this FGOTM. And I just wanted to share while saying my thank you.

I would love to sit and chat a bit. But I do have stuff that requires my attention.

However, before I dance my way into the bliss eau de domestic - I want to shout out a warm "WELCOME" to our new gfs. This, Sue, is where being well-seasoned is more appropriately called being spicy. We have more fun here than you'll find most anywhere. And Joan, if you've been on this thread before, forgive me. I've only been a "sister" since July. I hope you'll stick around and enjoy.

Here's the tea towel picture.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  3:54:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Darlys no problem. It's a big forum lol

Friends are the Flowers in the Garden of Life
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  4:05:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone
Been a little busy. The first day of spring brought 2 inches of snow. Everyone blamed me. LOL I said I ordered in December and it wa back ordered till now. LOL Oh well it did not stay long. Started raining in the evening and rained all night long. We are in the season of mud! :(

Holly before I forget.
Tuesday was 2 hours, Wednesday I was lazy, and Thursday was 2 hours.

Thelma My favorite colors is blue, all of the shades. Purple runs a close second.

Kathryn I hate to be lied to. It is irratating. Do they think we are that dumb that we can't figure out they lied to us?

Holly love the bailing twine door mat idea. I will add it to my list of things I want to make. A very long list.

Does anyone out there have a pattern for kilt socks or hose as they are called? They are a little different that regular socks.

Need to run. I only made it to page 225. Catche everyone later

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  4:08:18 PM  Show Profile
Virtul Tour

It was hard to say good by to that hansome brave, but it was time to move on. Holly said "get a move on" and I am not going to argue with her. Now as to the night in shinning armor, really, is there any women who has not dreamed of one of those. Hmmmm?

Kathryn it was more than one thief. I thought they were going to get into a sword fight over you.

Loved the spa could do that again.

I need a nap again.
I use to pary all night nd work the next day. Now I need a nap to pary all night!

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Suellen5
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Sue
Fife Lake MI
17 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  4:10:17 PM  Show Profile
That is beautiful Thelma!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Thelma

I'll try one more

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  4:55:55 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

My son Leo had nasty allergies when he was little. Then we would give him 1/4 teaspoon of pollen each morning and a cup of tea with honey from our area. We did this everyday for the allergy season. The next year he could breathe and his little face did not drip like a faucet. Now he is pretty good most of the time.

This past Monday I went to Gardeners Supply Store. I went to buy some leek seeds. I ended up going to the bargain area and found a pair of mud boots with tomatoes all over them for ten dollars. I checked to make sure they were both the same size. I paid went home. Ross took them out when I arrived home to put them on.........they were both left feet. Now I need to get back up there and see if I can find the pair that are two right feet. lol

I agree with you Joan about the cell phones and portable electronic devices. I do not like testing because I can not tell who my children are chatting to and the tone of the conversation. Then they say, so and so wants to meet me can I go. I did not even know that they had spoken. Well, they hadn't they had typed. If they want to talk to me when I am out they need to call me and often I do not have my cell on because I am not having an emergency.

Thelma I really like the quilt it is very bright and cheery. I am glad it brought a good price.

We have an exhaust fan for the furnace. Any time it goes on the guinea fowl go crazy squawking. I think they are much noisier than a rooster. I do not recommend them for city dwellers.

I think I only get one hour for today. too much time spent being a chauffeur to get much done.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  5:19:17 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Trip,

Well, I think it is time to zip up the coast to Fernadina Beach and plan to spend the weekend at Nancy's scaring her dh and the neighbors. I found a motor boat who was willing to pull each of you all the way up on water skiis in your bikinis. The driver did indicate that it was a distance and that arms might get tired so he offered the big flat inner tube mattress for everyone to relax on for the ride. I agreed the big mattress would be our preferred method of travel. I hope everyone has their sunscreen and cameras ready for the ride. It will take a good share of Friday to travel that far by boat. If we do not all fit on one the driver assured me that the boat was big enough to tow a parade of cushions. So, up the inland waterway we will go tomorrow.

We will stop briefly in Palm Coast for lunch. http://palmcoastgov.com/

Then on to Nancy's. http://www.fbfl.us/ Nancy do you think we can all fit in your living room? It looks like from the civic calendar that we will be right on time for the Annual Rib Cook off.

On Monday we will head off into Georgia. Deb or Penny do you know of any must sees for us?

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Mar 22 2012 5:22:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  6:19:13 PM  Show Profile
Today I unpacked my summer clothes and packed my heavy sweaters and winter clothes. I am sure we will get snow now, almost guaranteed!! My son called me in to work, so spent 5 hours there, then had to finish my mess when I got home. I rearranged the bedroom and moved dressers around and put my desk in the livingroom. Put me down for 2 1/2 hours of continuos work. I am tired nwo.
Am excited to be going up the waterway tomorrow. Hopefully we will not have any storms brewing. Nancy, get ready for a rowdy bunch and have the iced tea ready!!!!!!

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  6:20:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes, Thelma, that quilt is beautiful!!!!! Glad you got a good price for it.

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  8:15:12 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Rebecca! I don't know if you are 28 or 52 but I'm sure you are welcome in this group even if we claim to be over 50! Jump in and take our vitual tour with us of the USA.

Holly thanks for the stats and links, maybe I can get my mind going again as to what we can do. Oh and links to Nancys is great too!

Janet I would love an embroidery machine! I don't do any hand work but I have tons of vintage patterns just begging to be embroidered. When I was at my Mom's she sent home with me all of her sewing, crewel, cross stitch, etc... Why I don't know since I don't do any of it, lol!

Thelma - we aren't suppose to eat junk food???? Darn, I'm eating Sweethearts as I sit here, shame on Ginny, bad Ginny, bad bad bad, Ginny is bad. But they were 75% off at the drug store and I'm addicted to them.

Movement time for me today was 3 hours. Either we had a very clean and very small animal get into the chicken pen and take a chicken or we had a human steal one so I spent the afternoon putting screening on the inside of the pen around the bottom and on the sides again! I just don't know how anything can get in there but I came home yesterday to one less girl! Told the hubby it's time to put up cameras! Last fall I came home one day and had 4 more chickens than I had when I left! Maybe the person decided to take one back, lol.

Joan you certainly did a great thing! We can always use more farmgirls! I agree with what you said too about kids and thier toys but, being a kid myself I have to say the "other half of my mind" who I've known since I was 10 (my best friend) and I just finished being on the phone for two hours doing "facetime" and it was wonderful! We can actually see each other and so we could show each other things, and it just felt like we were in the same room. She lives in MN, I live in ME. She was on her IPad, I was on my Iphone. At least it has some benefits, lol! Normally I don't have it near me, but I was sitting here reading MJF when I heard the phone ring. I look over to the Iphone dock and there she is, her face lighting up the entire screen, I loved it!

Hi Sue, welcome to the group too! this is a wonderful group of women!

Thelma - BEAUTIFUL quilt and $400.00! WOW! You did really good for charity! Cute little guy and dog too! But a real BIG CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING THE PICTURE UP, YEA!!! ;)

Mud season here too Dianne. Spent my afternoon wearing my mud boots with shorts in my chicken pen, lol. A week ago we had a foot of snow, today it's about 83 and there isn't any snow to be seen, my crocus are in bloom and the daffodils are up and will bloom in a couple of days. I think I could plant pea's today but don't dare, it would snow again with my luck.

Virtual Tour

I see the man was also kind enough to give us an extra inner tube for the cooler full of Darlys's lemonade! We will need it for that long trip in the warm sun. Can't wait to get to Nancy's though so we can show her town what great FG we are! We will try to be good Nancy, or at least go to the other side of town where they don't know you :)

I guess I had too much of that lemonade because I thought we had already been to Nancy's before we went to Disney and the dinner shows. Sure am glad I signed up for the spa, it was heaven sent! (must remember to make an appointment tomorrow in real life to see my massure (?) DH got me three gift certificates for Christmas to enjoy and I haven't used one yet!) That was a lot of firsts for me, Disney, pedi, dinner show, knights in armor, and theives in the night, thank you ladies!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  8:45:46 PM  Show Profile
Vitual Tour

Wow, a lush city in harmony with nature! Do you think Tarzan lives here? *chuckle, just kidding* Seriously, what a great idea! I never knew they still created "new" cities either, so another learning lesson for me!

Holly immediately found the Manatees to swim with, and while we all got to try it, they preferred being around Holly. Guess it's that great Motherly touch she has. They certainly are beautiful all right! Her kids are going to be so jealous when they see pics of this!

AFter the inner tube ride up here I've decided to stop and eat pancakes at DeLeon Springs, anyone care to join me? Think I had too much lemonade and this is such a nice relaxing town to enjoy in my "right mind". Making them ourselves at our table must mean they have a large assortment of things to try in those pancakes!

After that I'd like to try Geocaching and walk a while. I'm a bit water logged from the trip up the coast. I have some friends at work who do this but I've never done it. Sounds fun! And while we are geocaching, I'd like to stop by Heroes Memorial Park and leave a brick too.

I'm sure some of you ladies will want to go to the Tennis Center and get one of the guys to "instruct" you in the game. With ten courts there's plenty of space and instructors to satisfy you all.

I'm going to go by and get the Trek It Out Trail Map and then we can rent Kayaks and explore all the delicate scenery this lovely area offers. Should be an enjoyable day! Holly picked a great place to relax and get back in tune with ourselves and Mother Earth!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  10:12:48 PM  Show Profile
Oops..I fell off the porch rail again, for a while...Just wanted to say a quick.Beautiful quilt, Thelma!

and, Darlys, isn't the FGOTM pkg a sweet treat!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  02:25:42 AM  Show Profile

Thelma, your quilt is gorgeous and so big. You did very beautiful work. And who was the good-looking youngster in the photo? I love bright colors, like in Fiesta Ware: orange, yellow, green, blue. That is how I have decorated our kitchen/dining/family area.

Joan, the obsession with smart phones, etc. has really made us all think we are "in touch" while being more separate than ever before. Facebook is something I just don't understand and so many companies have pages where they offer discounts now that it is almost mandatory to get involved...I may have to cave and give in.

Sue ellen - welcome, we will enjoy getting to know you. And you won't find a more giving, interesting group of women to get to know in your life!

Oh Holly, I agree that guinea are so loud. My neighbor was so scared of snakes and she read that guinea will kill them. Never saw a dead snake anywhere near them ... but, they made quite the racket. 70 minutes of moving for me today.

Darlys, I have had the same problem with photos on my phone, too. But aren't you impressed with yourself, you uploaded it to the site!! I haven't tried that. You are my hero.

Dianne, I enjoyed the snow we got yesterday SO much. I have no qualms about when you ordered it or how late it arrived! It is only March, of course, we aren't done with snow yet!!

Kathryn, your knowledge of homeopathic cures is fascinating. Thanks for sharing, please continue.

Janie - I cannot imagine what it would feel like for you to face mowing you yard time and again. Two years since your husband passed is a VERY fresh loss. I didn't know you were dealing with such pain. Please know if you want to "talk" about it, we are here for you. I can only imagine it is with you with every breath you take. You are in my prayers as you live through this "anniversary" time.

DH is pretty much back to normal. He still is eating soft foods, but I'm not pampering any longer. Well, no more than normal! It has calmed down around here. Must say, I enjoy when things are at the usual low roar. I forget who mentioned DWTS. But, I tuned in this week. I enjoy watching it. So envious at their being able to move like that!. I am more envious of the ability to move (can't manage much wiggle with a fused spine) than say the singers on The Voice or American Idol. Doesn't make sense when you consider that the singers go on to make a living off their vocal talent and the dancers just get the disco ball award. (That disco ball award is sorta cool, though, ya gotta admit!)

I have been meaning to tell you all about one of my guilty pleasures. It a game called "Set" and every day there is a game available online. It is easy to play - against yourself. The instructions are on the site, which is http://www.setgame.com/. Hope you will give it a try.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  05:13:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sue and Sueellen. We welcome you to our group of wonderful women. Believe me, you will like it here. We talk about all kinds of things so just join in.

Thelma all I can say is WOW! That quilt is stunning. It is beautiful. No wonder it sold for $400. Your work is great, gf. :))

I was glad to be finished with the dentist for a while. Got my little choppers cleaned and my gummies looks good. All that flossing and running that little brush through every night paid off.

I did some housework yesterday so you can put me down for 2 hours, Holly, which includes my walking. Too bad I can't include my DH's vacuuming the house for 1/2 hour. He just got out the vacuum and started in and even moved the furniture to vacuum. And I wasn't even talking on the phone. He usually starts that job when I am talking on the phone.

I talked with my DD last evening and she told me she thinks her father, my ex, has Asberger's Syndrome which is a form of Autisum. My children have suffered terribly from his behavior as children. They were not physical abused buy emotionally abused and the family was very disfunctional. If he does have it, it would explain a lot of what was happening during their childhood and my marriage.

I am looking forward to going on to the east coast of Florida and ladies we will have fun at the beach. The water is warming up a bit so we don't want to go in to far. No surf boarding. I don't trust the south part of Florida ocean concerning sharks. The sunshine is so nice now and no rain predicted for the next week. Got my bikini, new hat and sunglasses.

Darlys, the towels are really nice. I love the little chicken one. What a lovely gift.

Bye Bye for now.

Hugs and squeezies,

xoxo

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  05:48:16 AM  Show Profile
Marianne I am going to go to that site and see about that game. I will probably start and not be able to stop once I see it. I love games. Thank you, I bet it will be fun.

Well, I do think we all will fit into my living room. I have a room upstairs too. Snuggles will be here to greet you. She is very friendly and has good manners. Mr. Kitty is shy and goes outside a lot. Darlys can make the lemonade here and we can take it with us to town. It is only about 10 minutes to get there. We have the carriage ride at night to see the ghost houses and the cemetary where the orbs show up in the trees. We need to stop at the Palace Saloon in town.
Also there are fun shops and stores in town to see. The museuum is interesting as it in in the old jailhouse. Also Fort Clinch and Edens Creek Walkway has lots of wild animals to see from a distance like alligators, turtles, snakes, racoons, squirrels, deer, armadillo, flamingos, egrets, etc.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  06:09:02 AM  Show Profile
The Palace Saloon

The Carriage Ride

My house in Fernandina Beach. The front is little but the back is bigger. :D

More Pictures tomorrow.

Hugs, xoxo
Nancy

Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  09:21:25 AM  Show Profile
Sorry girls, I think I opsted the Virtual Tour twice and so am removing it now.

Nancy I think a carriage ride to see huanted places and orbs is terrific! I've wanted to do that in my town but just don't have the time. I'm off to see about turning one of my raised beds into a mini green house and starting a lot of plants out there. Last year it was like a jungle inside my house!

Nancy - Your house is lovely, doesn't look small to me at all!

That will be my moving for today and I will probably be out about 4 hours today. Have a great weekend!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

Edited by - Oggie on Mar 23 2012 09:31:25 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page