526 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  12:33:52 PM  Show Profile
VIRTUAL TOUR

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  12:55:50 PM  Show Profile
VIRTUAL TOUR

Sorry about that ladies, I don't know why it keeps kicking me off here! Guess it doesn't like me today.

Disney World sounds like a great place to visit, I've never been there before! And free??? Anything Free you can count me in on! Any chance I can meet Shrek? I love Shrek.

Afterwards can we go to the Medieval Times dinner show? They have some really good looking Knights in competition there. I saw one for sure that has a really long ponytail for the girls. http://www.visitkissimmee.com/leisure/things_to_do/kissimmee_treasures/dinner_shows_detail?id=543&name=Medieval-Times-Dinner-Tournament If not, bmaybe the Arabian Nights Dinner Show is as romantic. I'll bet they have good looking guys on horses too!

Or maybe we could go to Capones Dinner Theater? There is just so much to do and see here ladies that I want to do it all!! Can we stay an extra day or two Holly? PLease, pretty please :)

And of course I'd really like to stay at the Re lache Spa and have one of every treatment they offer. Well maybe not the "Gentlemen's Service" what ever that is! For such a swanky place I hope it's not what I think it is, lol. But as much as I hurt, getting the spa treatment is very much needed! I've never been to a spa either. Maybe I should move to FL? We sure don't have anything like these places where I live! At Re lache they do some facial called the oxygen facial. Sounds interesting. Heck their showers are suppose to be great too so can you imagine what the spa is like! WOWWWWWW

Also they have a place called Old Town and Saturday night is cruizin' night. Anyone want to go check out all the old cars?

And we will have to go to the Bike Week since tomorrow is the last day. Jim is going to surprise Penny and have her bike shipped down here just for this event! I'd say Glenda and Penny are both lucky ladies! http://www.officialbikeweek.com/ Who knows who you may meet here!

If anyone wants to learn how to fish for bass, I'd be happy to teach you at the lake. Apparently it's big on bass fishing. We have small mouth bass fishing where I live and one of my relaxing days is to go fishing! A spa treatment, Disney World, fishing, and good looking men, I think I'm in heaven! Ok, I'm off for a quick nap because I don't expect to get much sleep in this place!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  2:33:29 PM  Show Profile
Well, between waiting (I do mean "waiting") for Ed to call -- seemed like a lifetime, a bit of being flat out lazy after the relief, a looooong, laughing, phone visit with Nancy (that she didn't mention) and going out for dinner with DH last night ... I'm afraid I didn't get much moving done. Up and down the stairs ... making sticky buns ... maybe ... if I stretch it ... 1 hour. This morning I've been reading The Artist's Way at Work. I've got The Artist's Way ordered and should have it next week. I thought I had it, but didn't. Also ordered Wicked Plants: The Weed That Killed Lincoln's Mother and Other Atrocities. (Thot the title was intriguing and saw a good review for it.)

ALSO, I will take a picture and post Monday or Tuesday ... MJF sent me two very lovely tea towels with kudos for being Farmgirl of the Month. What a beautiful surprise. I simply love them. Thank you, MJ, Meg and all at the Farm.

GFs! They are letting us into Disney World early and free because they need to move us along before "normal" people arrive. (Our reputation precedes us!) If we don't pay they can control our "movements" -- get it, Holly? --- movement? But, hey, we will take what we can get - I hear it's terrific! I understand they have a first-class wine tasting with hors d'oeurves thing there - goes on for hours according to my source. I've been to Disneyland but not Disney World. This is my first trip to FL. Today, tho, that Winter Park Sidewalk Art sale has captured my attention. I've got my plastic and my Gathering Bag. Sure hope I find lots of stuff to my taste.

Nancy, thank you for NOT buying that alligator head! Your sense of humor is outrageous - but to scare the wits out of your GFs? You are better than that! Besides, I saw that thing and it was way too expensive! Dianne, however, would have just had the guy with the ponytail bludgeon the thing until she was sure there was no danger. He's has been following her everywhere. I think the ride he gave her on his shoulders out of the bar turned him into one lovestruck brave. She now has a very personal bodyguard. MMmmm.

I finally found a nice large section of alligator "skin." I will make it into a hat for our Gypsy. I think I will dye it with bright colors, fashion it into a jazzy gaucho, and finish it off by whipping it up into a classy "signature" piece. It will cheer her as she recovers. It is turning out to be so flashy and cool that I think I need to make another. I also spoke with a boot maker about making very special a-hem-kickin' boots for Penny. They should be ready before we leave. Thelma has all the rest of the alligator stuff stashed. Greedy?

Ginny ... I may not have to tell you to take care of yourself. But - take care of yourself! Glad you are snuggled into bed now. I do think you should be able to count trekking through the snow and back as double. Holly, do we need to vote or will you just give it to Ginny?

I think Rueben sandwiches tonight. It is St. Patrick's Day, after all. But, although corned beef is okay, I don't like sauerkraut. So maybe something else.

I'm up for the Arabian Nights Dinner Show or Capones Dinner Theater. We may have to spend extra time here to find some elastic for our pants. The Re lache Spa sounds heavenly. I once had a champagne wrap at a spa in Napa ... I wonder if it's offered here. It was sublime. Kathy, Marianne, everyone? You up for it?

Well it's time I hunker down to preview the mystical, spooky, haunted, spirit-ridden venues that I understand will be coming our way - or shall I say - that we are headed (not be-headed) toward. Naaaaancccy????!!!!!!! How can I relax now? Okay, gonna move it!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  2:40:28 PM  Show Profile
Holly - I think I said I get an hour for yesterday - but I think I buried it in the verbage.

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  6:29:36 PM  Show Profile
Ooohhh. A nice spa day would be wonderful!! I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!!!

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  8:34:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey ladies, did I say ladies? sorry, gal friends, lol...just to let ya'll know I was busy today...so put me down for 3 hours of moving, been cleaning and cooking and using outdoor kitchen today again, since to hot to cook in the house...so running back and forth from house to kitchen...but good moving..lol...Ginny, really, why didn't Jim tell me he was sending my bike down there...dang I would have cleaned it up better than I did yesterday...oh and Darlys, can't wait to see those boots...how did you know I wanted boots, girlfriend you know me too well don't you..?? Daryls, I meant to tell you I have been using my homemade vanilla, from the vanilla beans you sent me...I got to tell you I have never tasted better vanilla than that...Oh MY GOODNESS it is so good you can all most drink it, but after Nancy's lemonade, I better not. I made strawberry shortcake today for Jim and company...and the whipped topping was so good with that vanilla in it...I made the cake with some in it too...so good...thank you again...once again...you made one of my wishes come true...

I'm so glad that you got a gift from MJF..tea towels...what a wonderful surprise. OK, I'm beat, sorry I didn't get to everyone but this heat wave we have been having (86) has kicked my tale...when we have company we stay outside all the time, and today was no different...this weather has been beautiful...I also folded 3 magazines today for more magazine bowls...this time I am trying to separate them into different piles. One with lots of dark color pages, one with light colored pages and one with just white with black print pages, can't wait to get them put together to see how they look... Oh did I tell you that a person I know from Columbia, SC asked me to make one for a motorcycle run they were doing in June...it is to raise money to send the Veterans to see the Wall in Washington...she wants to put my bowl up in the silent auction they are having...kind of cool... Ok...now I'm really going...love ya'll....and hugs and prayers to Glenda, hope she is doing well...I hope to send a card out to her this week...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  11:41:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi there,
Had company for brunch so I did a bunch of cleaning and cooking. Put me down for three hours total for todays Movement!

Penny, congratulations for your magazine bowl order. It really is a great accent piece and the colors you have chosen to work with sound like they will be beautiful. So fun to see it come together I bet! 86 degrees! Holy Cow. We were excited to hit the high 40s last week. What a difference a few degrees in longitude can make.

Ginny, I bet you are sore. GF, you did so much!! Maybe a nice long soak will help. Time always helps.

Hope everyone had a great St Patrick's Day ...

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  05:23:15 AM  Show Profile
Put me down for 3 hour today.
Yesterday, after putting down a new floor in the guest bathroom, we tried to put the toilet back in place. It wasn't fitting quite right, but hubby said just to sit and squirm around on it a bit to 'set it'. After only one use, we had to stop - water all over my brand new floor - did I mention that I put it down myself? Well, only peel and stick vinyl tile, but I was crawling all over the bathroom to do it. anyway, hubby said there must have been something stuck to the bottom of the toilet. So, since we now have to pick it up again, clean it up then put it back.......needless to say, Disney World sounds like fun.
We lived in southern CA for 5 years when kids were younger and we went to Disney Land every December as a gift from my Dad. Would love to take that Harry Potter ride and walk through EPCOT center for the rest of the day. I hear it's wonderful.
Well, after potty duty, and cleaning up, we'll be driving that 3 hours to get home. I'll be crocheting all the way home. I'm working on the 2nd week of a mystery afgan (spelling bad, but thought good).

Glenda - I am so happy you are feeling better, but I am so sad you lost a great friend. You are in my prayers too.

Hugs and squishes to you all.
Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  07:02:32 AM  Show Profile
Virtual tour

Oh Ginny, what a great idea! I would love to watch a jousting match and dine at the Medieval Castle!

So, does everyone need to make a quick trip home to drop off all their purchases from the Art Show? It was so refreshing to see such beautiful colors. I had never really thought about how certain areas of the country seem to demand certain colors in the artwork that is created there. In Florida, you can see the influence of the bright foliage - every shade of green/yellow you could imagine was represented as well of "flamingo color" of the palest pink to almost orange. But, if I really consider things, I guess when I think of SouthWest art, the colors of the sunsets against the reds of the rocks and the pale jades of the stones are used frequently. And when I think of artwork produced in the Northwest, we love to have our forest colors promeniently displayed. And of course, the blues of the waterways. So, it isn't hard to understand why we all saw so much that we wanted to bring home!!

How does everyone like the license plate holder that Nancy found for Penny? Having it personalized with 'The Peach "Bowl-er"' was cute. Peach because she is from GA and "bowl-er" since she makes those beautiful bowls!!

Have you noticed there fewer men with pony tails in this area of Florida- mouse ears seem to have replaced the ponytail.- sigh.

Later Gators
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  08:33:13 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone... well, I have definitely slowed down. I so wanted to go on the virtual walk with you but the meds the Dr has given me for my back are kicking my butt. I think the last time I had back pain like this was 30 years ago when I was in labor with my daughter. It went away after 16 hours. The dr gave me 3 different meds to take. A pain pill, a muscle relaxer and an additional pain pill/anti-inflammatory. I can barely hold my head up, let alone stay awake. I did not take anything this morning, in hopes I can get some work done around the house. Dalous has taken off to go back to our house in Ohio. He has to take care of a few things out there, besides get the new tags for our vehicles. He hated to leave me with all the chores to do, but I will have help if I need it. My parents left yesterday for Florida. They used to winter down there in Inverness but have stayed home the last several years. They are making a short week long trip to visit friends.
The incubater, hatcher and brooder have been busy. We have quail hatching like crazy! So I will endure the back pain so that I can get some work done around here and move quail to the brooder. Hopefully I will get some of the produce from Friday's co-op properly put away. We had a storm come through last night, so sleep was interrupted for a couple of hours.
My prayers have continued for those of you enduring hardships, and medical issues.
My thoughts are with Glenda as she recovers.
I will most likely follow along this forum the weeks to come but you may not hear much from me. Do enjoy your walk. :)

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Mar 18 2012 08:35:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  11:19:03 AM  Show Profile
Patty, I feel for you with the back issues. I do wish you would take it easier than you have been. Take all the help you can get. If you "push through the pain" it will take longer for you to heal.

Marianne - The Art Show was fun, wasn't it. I'm just going to be shipping all my treasures home. I don't want to miss a single day of this trip. (And aren't we about to have our spa-time?) Did you know, by the way, that Nancy has a flamingo in her back yard? She finds the most interesting things!

Kathy - my heart goes out to you. I would be so mad if that happened after I did all that work. We are going to swap out a toilet in our master bath in Oakhurst soon for a slightly higher and more oval one and I will be on guard for sure! I think you had a problem with that inner seal but you just can't know unless you've got some experience. (Listen to me - like I have experience! Ha.) "Holmes on Homes"

Penny, m'dear. Those boots were made for kickin' butt, gf. And that's just what you'll do! Did you notice the row of sequins up the back seam? (I had some left from the sparkly bands I wound around Glenda's gaucho hat.) And look at the sole ... it says "This gator shoulda known better than to tangle with Too-Sweet-Penny!" Speaking of "sweet" - I'm glad you are enjoying the Maui vanilla beans. There is something about homemade anything (including vanilla) that makes everything taste better.

Ginny - Now Shrek is following you around. And right behind him is a guy with a "silver" pony tail. Definitely not Dianne's brave, but not half bad for a snowbird. Ooooo - did I say "snow" .... so sorry.

The "weather" seems to have left us with sun and chilly temps here in Cupertino. I see we got some snow in Oakhurst yesterday though. We will go up again Friday.

Friends in Oakhurst are having a garage sale next Saturday so we will join them with a few things that are obviously excess now. We don't have a lot at the moment as I usually clean stuff out pretty good every October for the Junque Sale that benefits FISH. I finally gave up coordinating and directing that after 34 years - last year. I'll probably have withdrawal pains this year - but it's gotta go on without my finger in every pie.

Speaking of "pie" -I made pizza last night. The crust was tender and very good but a bit thick ... otherwise it was, ahem, excellent. I think I could have gotten 2 crusts out of that dough, though.

Holly, I can only claim about one HOUR (again) of actually moving yesterday. I'll bet you are logging in movement big-time. Especially with that naughty bull-calf and having to re-do the chicken-wire/plastic sheeting shielding. I think of that and I get too tired to go for a walk! Well, upon saying that, DH says he wants to go to Lowe's. And - do I want to go, too? Yeah. So, it's time to get moving, gfs.

Gypsy! You posted a bit after I started writing! So happy you are home and perky - thought you would be. Tell Ed I adore him. I love you, gf!

Chocolate Kisses ...

Edited by - darlystippie on Mar 18 2012 11:29:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  11:48:52 AM  Show Profile
Glenda, so glad to hear you are doing well. We all sent you good thoughts. Now you need to REST and get all healed up. It takes a while. Hopefully you will have lots of sit down things to do to keep yourself busy.

Patty, I wish you would take it easy. You are going to pay for all that work big time. Our bodies can only handle so much. You are going to need it for a while so take care!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  12:16:31 PM  Show Profile
Glenda! WOW! Home already! Glad to hear it.

Was watching a bit of tv this morning. Hubby had a dumb gator show on and a young gal was learning to wrestle a gator. She leaned to far forward and the gator bit her. It wouldn't let go. any way I am going to walk very carefully until we are out of gator territory!

Put me down for 3 hours on Friday. I did a whole lot of pruning and raking! Then I earned another 3 on Saturday as I did a photo shoot at a St. Pats parade, I bet I walked 4 miles up and down the parade route. No I didn't get any good shots. An all automatic camera isn't good for moving objects. Someday I will own the camera of my dreams.

To whom it may concern (you know who you are): I am not being greedy with my gator products. I am trying to get you chicks to come for a visit! giggle

taa taa until the morrow.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  5:21:40 PM  Show Profile
No hours for me today. I have been lazy the entire day. Only thing I did was wash 3 loads of clothes.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  5:37:39 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour

Yes, yes we can stay in this area and be the consummate tourists for a few days. There is so much to do.

When the boys who are now 32, 28 and 27 were 13, 9 and 8 I hope the math is right. We took them to Disneyworld. They were so excited. Kevin who was one of the oldest was afraid of everything. He worried non stop. A friend , Susan, went with us. When we went through the Exxon exhibit, Susan had had enough of Kevin worrying when he asked if the dinosaurs were safe. She calmly said, you see the third one from the left. It reached down and scooped a boy out of the cart last week and ate him up. Kevin was under the seat in front of him like a shot. We still laugh over that one.

I would like to go to the Japanese restaurant that is in Epcot. And I want to go on the water ride that takes your picture when you go over the waterfall. I DO NOT want to go on the ride that you drop seven stories in microseconds.

Keep walking girlfriends all this moving must be good for losing. I hope Patty can drop in once in a while we need her humor too. Patty, all movement counts. I threw a hay bale one time and could not move. I think it was not as bad an injury as yours but once the children helped me into the house I spent five days on the couch trying not to move. Lucky for me the children took pity and helped me with my moving chores. I would like Jan to come and join us too not wait until the end.

Is anyone doing more movement so we can get on our way? Is moving and recording together helping anyone do more moving?

Today I made a raised bed, just one and will fill it with soil tomorrow. I hung out and took in laundry from the line and porch. I walked in the field trying to keep ahead of an angry screaming unconsolable child. He caught me and finally took my hand and settled down. I was walking slowly so he could catch me if he really wanted too. I did morning barn chores. I guess I have 2hours of moving.

Keep up the traveling. On Tuesday we will move on from this amazing tourist area.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  6:13:19 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I have changed out a few toilets over the years. Some of them have taken more than one try to get it right. I so wanted them to be right before someone used it. lol We have one toilet in the house we have made higher for one of our foster women to get on and off of easier. It has a three inch riser under a 17 inch toilet. Not so far down to sit and easier to slide off to stand. Her feet barely touch the ground when she is sitting but the up and down are far easier for her.

Last night I took our three teenagers up to Burlington to a dance called The Rave. It was under 21s and no alcohol. The boys went to a similar dance in February and had a great time. Last night they informed me the music was not as good. But, they all had an ok time. I waited in the car. The stores are closed by 9 most nights so I just sat. I had the computer, which did not post for me, I had my kindle and crocheting and some stationary and the car radio. It was a pleasant evening. Who would have thought that sitting in the car and listening to the radio for an hour would put the car battery into a coma? It did. Luckily we have AAA and the nice mechanic came and jump started the battery. The children were none the wiser. I was relieved.

It was in the high sixties even seventies today. I put all of the laundry on the line especially the sheets. I hope those children appreciate the wonderful smell of the lined dried sheets.

Cheri has been boiling the sap. It is her thing she really likes to do it. We may get a gallon or 6 quarts. We can go through a lot of syrup but only take out one quart a week. Talie loves the stuff and would eat pancakes or french toast three meals a day if we let him.

the fields are almost bare. The cows are out searching for any tender green morsels that might be early risers. I wonder how this early warm weather will play out the rest of the spring and summer? I am going to mulch the garden extra deep in case of lack of rain.

Glenda, I never thought they would do microscopic surgery to do all of your repairs. I am glad you are up and about. Toilets and showers are far preferable to bed pans and wash ups. My thanks to Ed for being an attentive caregiver.

Well, off to bed. Recovering from getting home last night at 1AM. I am not as bouncing back as I once was.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  8:25:10 PM  Show Profile
So happy to hear from Glenda. Hope you continue to recover speedily. Ed may have to be awarded Gentleman Farmer of the Month. And Glenda I am so sorry that besides the death of your children's father you also suffered the loss of your friend

Patty, I bet it's the muscle relaxers that are knocking you out. They put me on my butt each and every time I need them. I sure hope you start to feel better shortly! You are a tough one to keep down!

Ginny - You go from zero to sixty in no time flat! From feeling so badly yesterday to hiking all over your property in the snow the next. You are remarkable!

Holly - You are a pretty special woman. I don't know how many people are in your family unit, but it is clear that you open your heart to many people and that you bring comfort to them. I am astounded at how much you get done - along with Patty, too! All the baking and syrup making and running with the children ... I just wanted to mention it to you because I have thought it often!

So, yesterday I had invited a friend, my neighbor and her mother over for a casual brunch. My neighbor said she had a class in the afternoon and instead of 9:30, could we make it 9am? Sure! My friend arrived early, my neighbor's mother showed up at 9:40 by herself, said my neighbor "would be by." I stalled my frittata a bit longer while we drank more coffee. And then "Mom" said, "oh, she doesn't eat breakfast anyway." So I decided to serve brunch. My neighbor never showed, nor did she call, nothing. Not sure how to take that. Oh well...

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  8:59:30 PM  Show Profile
Virtual tour

Ginny what a great idea for dinner. I watched Full Metal Jousting tonight so that I can critique the jousters at Medieval Times!! I'll just be an expert. (Just kidding!) I think we will find some pony tails there!

I have NEVER had a facial or a spa treatment except on my birthday a few years ago I had a pedicure! Wonderful! So, I want to try anything and everything!

And since I packed my poodle skirt, let's do cruising night for sure!

So, what day are we doing what?

Today I moved for two hours. I don't think I am moving anymore than normal, but I am more aware of how much I do or do not move. Oh and BTW, Thelma doing three loads of laundry is not "being lazy!"

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  05:42:45 AM  Show Profile
I am finally back on my beloved computer. So now I can show the pictures of some of the postcards we bought at the gift shop at the reservation.

I got in about 3 1/2 hours movement over the last 2 days. I went to a marine museum on Saturday that had artifacts from ships that were sunk off the coast of Florida. The most notable one was the one that Mel Fisher found in 1987 that found billions of dollars of gold bars and gold jewels from a Spanish ship. Other interesting things were found also. Sunday we spent most of the day at Staples after our Bible study.

I am so glad that you are feeling better, Glenda. Up and about, so happy for you. Your Ed is such a good man. What a dear he is.

I have some reading to do to catch up on where we are. I am hoping to see some of the things at Disneyworld that are not at Disneyland. But I will not go on that Tower of Terror. No dropping elevators for me! Has anyone been on that? My GDs love it.

Holly I can just smell that maple syrup. mmmm You are one busy lady. You amaze me with all that is going on at your house. Your children just sound so delightful hearing about all their activities. My house is so quiet now that my kids are grown and gone. The biggest noisiness and activity around here is horsing around with the animals.

Hugs,

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  06:17:21 AM  Show Profile

Some of the marshes around here.

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  06:21:49 AM  Show Profile
OOPS!!!! I posted Diane's brave instead of the marshes by mistake. This a picture of the marshes:

I hid behind a big palm tree and was able to get a pic of that brave. He is a big hunk of a man. Those Seminole braves are sure good looking.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  07:03:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh what a beautiful morning!! Last day of winter here in Maryland and the weather has been more like the middle of spring. My greenhouse has been open for the past 4 days and nights and the temp inside has stayed above 55. I already have peas and early tomatoes ready to go into the ground. We've been eating salad mix that I keep growing in the greenhouse all year long. Herbs will need potting up since they are growing so well they are growing out of their starter pots.
Put me down for 3 hours of movement today. I'll be in the garden all day getting beds ready for planting. I have newspapers and small clear plastic cones ready. Newspapers around on the ground to keep down the weeds, and the plastic cones to cover new plants for a few days until they take root and are comfortable in the garden. I wish I could be hatching chicks too, but I live in a county that won't allow it - guess this is what I get for going city instead of country - someday maybe. At least I can grow veggies.
Back to the tour: loved the swamp, gater nuggets tasty and that pony-tailed hunk......mmmmmmmmm.
Let's move on through Disney World. Food is very expensive so be sure to pack some snacks.
Glad everybody is doing better and trying. You guys are all my hero gals & I look up to you all. Also, really glad for the company!
So let's get going!
Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  10:03:48 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
howdy everybody. sure is a lot going on from what I've read.

Kathy: Can't believe you have plants ready to go in the ground already. You must have heat in your greenhouse.I started a bunch of seeds Saturday, veggies, flowers, herbs. garden is way to wet to plant yet. Hubby wanted to till it up, but has to wait a bit yet. Guess we're getting anxious. teehee

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  10:32:23 AM  Show Profile
Today is the official last day of winter. I think spring has come to north central Iowa several days ago. the weather here is 6 weeks ahead of itself. Lots of green plants popping up in the flower beds. The pussy willows are full of catkins, and the rose bushes are budding out. It will interesting to enjoy this years growing season as it is going to be a strange one. I know we are going to be in for a surprise snow storm yet. I am thinking mother nature will leave her mark on April fools day. giggle

When I lived in town I had to drag laundry down 2 flights of stairs into a cold, icky basement. when we added the new addition to our country home I added a laundry area right off the kitchen. In 2011 I got a new washer and dryer that are wonderful! With only hubby and I living here we don't have tons of laundry anymore. So you see Marrianne, laundry really is an after thought for me. One drawback is that we live on a gravel road so when I hang out clothes they get dusted. I love to hang out the laundry so use the deck railing for jeans, rugs, and such.

Yes Holly, this virtual walk is really helping me. I am not tracking the things I do every day, but am tracking my 2 or 3 mile walks, heavy gardening, and anything that I don't usually do that wears me out. I am not real healthy right now and know that I will do better if I drop 20 pounds. I decided not to return to Weight Watchers at this time. The price of gas will put a damper on extra weekly trips, and I am not willing to give up something else for the WW experience again.

I am excited! My contractor called today and his estimate is reasonable so we are having a false
ceiling installed in the basement after gutters are installed outside on the back of our house. Darwin and I will do the landscaping out there ourselves. We will also dig and patch a crack in the new foundation. Oh the joy of being home owners! giggle contractor wants to start the end of next week. I know how that goes. If his crew shows up in April I'll be lucky. He gave my a good discount so his crew could work inside when the weather won't permit them being outside. I agreed, but made him sign a contract saying he would be done by a specific date - no extensions.

Glenda, will you share your address with us if you plan to stay put for awhile? (tdadams@wctatel.net) I already have your Mason, TX address. Thanks dear keep getting better!

I have been to Disney Land, but never to Florida. A lot of people from this area take there kids to Disney for family vacations. Maybe I'll go someday as long as the gators are contained elsewere.

I would like to know what colors you chicks like. I usually like wearing soft pinks and pale greens as well as blues, but pinks are my favorite clothing color. My home decor is blue and white with pink and green accents. My walls are white, but will be changing that out over the next few years starting with a very pale yellow in the kitchen. I think that will look nice with my blue counter tops, blue glass pieces, and chicken collection. My basement is painted dusty rose ( my granddaughter calls it dirty roses) and the bar area is a nice relaxing green. In my flower beds the yellow and purple blooms are my faavorites. I do plant some reds and pinks as they seem to attract birds and butterflies. We usually drive bland vehicles. My van is gray and our truck is black - boring!

I have been on here long enough to bore each and every one of you. Taa taa until next time Happy Spring!

Edited by - Thelma on Mar 19 2012 10:39:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  10:44:02 AM  Show Profile
well, i am back from spring break and i missed going on the virtual trip! :( It sounds amazing!
my leg is much better, just a slight limp now. As for the bursitis, the pain is ongoing-the pulled hamstring only when i move. my boss gave me some of his lotion for bursitis and it helps a lot with the pain. i didn't do hardly anything while i was off. tried to rest so i could be sure to get mom to Lampasas and back. She had a "episode" while we were there and it just made me really really sad. sore i took her to the wrong hairdresser and that she had never been there - even called my aunt and told her that we were lost (we weren't) she just didn't recognize the place or the people at all. Then on the way home she swore i was going the wrong direction - there aren't that many choices...sigh. My sister wants me to find her another doctor which isn't that easy - most don't want any more medicare patients. talked to mom about going to the doctor and she said "no point in wasting my money. i am just old". This from a woman who swore she was 39 for over 20 years...
did get the front yard mowed but now the back yard is really grown up...i have already mowed much more since january than I did all of last year..am trying to talk to the youngest guy at work to see if he would mow it for me?????
well, i have a boatload of work since i haven't been here for 1 week so i better get back to it.
hugs to all!
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page