Page: of 218

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  08:51:02 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I'm going to try to remember that "cheerfulness in an old face" every time I look in the mirror!!!!
At the very least, I can laugh at myself . . :) :)
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  12:29:00 PM  Show Profile
I try to keep a cheerful look on my face. If I smile, someone always smiles back.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  2:50:35 PM  Show Profile
Betty....where ya been Lady???
CJ...Sometimes I'll look in the mirror, see this totally blank expression, and think, who's THAT old grouch...SMILE Woman...so I do...and then we "Both" get a case of the Giggles! Whatever it takes some days....ya just gotta break outta your comfort zone and "Just Do It!" LOLOLOL

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  3:04:56 PM  Show Profile
Oh Man, do we have to look in the mirror???

Does this happen to anyone else? The day flies by and you are not done doing your chores yet. Where does the day go? Time really does go faster the older you get...My mama was right. Have a good rest of the day. Debra e
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  3:07:12 PM  Show Profile
ldn't call them children as two are in their 20's and two in high school. The youngest is 14. They'll only be here overnight as my grand daughter wants to say goodbye to all her CA friends and relatives as she goes in the army next month. They leave for the San Juaquin Valley next and home from there.
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2011 :  8:09:14 PM  Show Profile
I don't know what happened....part of the message was left out. The first part said my daughter and her four children were here for a visit but I shouldn't call them children because......They left this afternoon. This morning I scrambled a dozen eggs, fried 2 lbs of bacon and made 2 dozen biscuits. Those boys can eat.
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2011 :  8:25:36 PM  Show Profile
All I ever need to know I learned from my Mother: You should always have a smile on your face and love in your heart! You never know what the person you meet might be going through. You can always find something good about another, you just have to look.

Notice the first quote of mine.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  07:27:56 AM  Show Profile
This is my cat "May" doing Bible study
(Thought I would share this and make you all smile)
Have a Blessed Day, debra e

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  11:05:11 AM  Show Profile
Betty...thank so much for explaining what happened to the rest of your message. I went way back in this thread trying to figure out what you were trying to say. lolololol I AM thorough if nothing else.
Hi Ginny! Your Mama was a smart lady. I've learned a lot from mine and my Gr-G-ma too! Smart women!
Debra, I love the pic of "May." Good Kitty! *patpatpat*

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  9:11:42 PM  Show Profile
Ginny from Maine! I too have learned alot from my mother. She has always given me the cofidence to do whatever I wanted or needed to do. Enough confidence to help lead her along in her older years. My mom is now 78 and having some health issues and I find myself becoming the "parent" or the one that is caretaking/mothering. She and I have switched roles. Anyone else in that situation in this forum?
I have always wanted to visit Maine. My hubby too. For first time vistors where would you suggest when going to Maine? I will have to look on the map where you are located. I know nothing of Maine.
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  1:54:35 PM  Show Profile
debra.....im brand new today...posted on welcome wagon. I am in same position. Since my father passed 5 yrs ago, she's had a rough time..now her health is going. I'm here with her..my family lives six hours away. They come only for an emergency.. I do the day to day worring..dr appt.hospital runs..etc.etc... I'm pooped..im no spring chick...its what I choose to do.. I get to spend all the time I can to enjoy her and make memories..........

the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.they must be felt with the heart.
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  2:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
CJ- LOL about looking in the mirror, might not be bad advice for me. ;)

Betty- meeee toooo.. about smiling and getting smiles back. wow, you sound like me when I had all 5 kids at home, 3 are boys, making meals was always a BIG job and I LOVED it. miss those days.

Judy- Love Both of your sayings! :)

Ginny- I love BOTH your sayings too!

Debra e- awwww, May looks so comfy cozy. LOVE that quilt she's on. never saw anything like that before. Does it have a name?

Paula- Welcome! Judy and I are sisters and she does a lot for our mama because I live in NC and they live in Ohio. We try to go home as often as we can, but I know it's not the same as "being" there.... I like your saying too. all of you are putting me in a thoughtful mood with your sayings. lol

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  5:42:22 PM  Show Profile
thanks..oops! I forgot to put author for my saying.. It is helen keller. Learning all this stuff..whew! Now to figure out how to add it. I love all the sayings too! Hope I can keep up with you all. Lol.

the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.they must be felt with the heart.
Go to Top of Page

therealshari
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Shari
Beryl UT
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  7:37:37 PM  Show Profile  Send therealshari a Yahoo! Message
Hmm, not sure how I missed this topic. All four us us country gals are over 50 here. I'm 65, Cindy is 60 and Bev turns 58 in May. Mom (Cindy's mom)will be 83 in May.

Bev is also a cancer survivor, 8 years now. We count our blessings everyday.

I'm an OHS person, having had quite a valve job, and major overhaul (no bypasses). In Nov I got my pacemaker and for the first time in my 65 years actually have a pulse that is normal. It's always been quite slow. If my screaming back would let me, I'd take on the whole world!

Shari Thomas, back after a 2 year break for heart issues. Ready to get on with life now.Four Country Gals
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  7:44:41 PM  Show Profile
Yup, Patsy's right,I do the mothering for my Mama now. I never had children of my own, but I have a "Gift" with older people. Of course with your own Mom, I have to admit, I sometimes find my patience stretched thin because I want my Mama to "Mother" me.....like she use to do. But since Daddy passed away 2 years ago, she leans heavily on me. It's difficult sometimes. She eats poorly now and wonders why she's tired all the time. She has no appetite, so she feels she shouldn't eat unless she feels the grum-bellies. I told her that's not how it works....ya gotta eat at least twice a day hungry or not. It's funny, but, she use to tell her Grandma(who raised her) the same stuff. Now she's come full-circle. Debra and Paula...you and your Mama's are in my prayers!
A BIG Welcome to you Paula!Say, what's a NaiveAmericanMedicineWheel?

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Mar 31 2011 7:50:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  9:08:23 PM  Show Profile
hello again.still learning how to do this... Hum..i will get better at it. I hope.......

Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  10:08:58 PM  Show Profile
thanks judy...hugs to you.. Hang in there....i will explain my medicine wheel when I have more time...

Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  11:09:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals! I am most definitely over 50....by 13 years. eeks! I am at that place where my mind makes plans and my body says, "You have got to be kidding!"

Still, life is busy....two adopted boys at home, 14 & 15, raising two of the grandsons, 7 & 12. We have eleven grandkids, most who try to stay we us as much as their folks will let them. We raise dairy goats, horses, chickens, dogs, cats and we have one guinea pig.

http://theprairiemaid.blogspot.com/

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  08:44:16 AM  Show Profile
Hey Patsy, About the quilt that my cat May is on...I am not sure of the name. It was given to me as a gift. Did I read that you and Judy are sisters?
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  08:49:34 AM  Show Profile
How lucky you are Shi-Anne to have your grandchildren around. Mine are scattered all over the country and I only see them every few years, some more often than others. I have 20 of my own and with my hubby's we have 38. I just had four of them here for a visit and it was wonderful. All had grown so much they were taller than me.
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  08:56:39 AM  Show Profile
Judy, Thank you for saying prayers for my mom. When my dad retired from Timkens they moved to Fla to take care of his mother till she passed. Then my dad passed away and my mom's health went down hill. She moved to Ga.about 12 years ago and it has been the best thing for all of us. She lives alone in a cute little house,but I can see that things are becoming harder for her. I just need to pay more attention to her now. She has macular degeration and crhones disease. Some days aren't as good as others. But she is a trooper. I love her for that. That ole mom...She is a neat lady.
Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  08:59:57 AM  Show Profile
Betty, I love having the grands here. Unfortunately, my grocery bill sky rockets, though. LOL

Four of mine live about 70 miles away. They moved there a couple of years ago, after living about 3 miles from us. So anytime they get an opportunity to come stay, they are here. Last week was spring break, so they stayed the whole week.

Two live with us and the other five live about 15 minutes away.

They range in age from 5 months to 12 y/o ~ nearly stair steps.

Thirty-eight!!! Wow! Now that would be a house full, but so much fun!

http://theprairiemaid.blogspot.com/

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  09:00:43 AM  Show Profile
Cheryl-you sound like you have a lot of love to give with raising your boys and granchildren. And then all your animals. You Go Girl! debra e
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  12:31:10 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm Judy.... "but I have a "Gift" with older people." I've noticed that when you send me all the wonderful letters and e-cards that you do. You do a great job with this older person. Luv ya1

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  12:31:27 PM  Show Profile
Cheryl,

I notice you live in Ada. One of my sons was living there but don't know if he still is. He and his girlfriend left NC just before the snow and went to live with the girlfriends brother. I don't know if work is any better there than in NC but haven't heard from him in a while. We go to OK every other year for hubby's college reunion at OK Wesleyan. I love that area.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page