Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  6:56:09 PM  Show Profile
WHAT A WEEKEND! got the grands on Friday after school, went out to eat with their families and drove home. Got the 5 of us (hubby 3 grands and myself) up and moving so we could catch a tour bus around 7 am to take a three hour trip with the conservation staff to attend festival of owls. What a wonderful day! kids are 5,9,and 13. We all learned so much about owls and how amazing they are. We ate owl shaped treats, everything for sale had to be owl related (jewelry, purses, sewing and craft items, art, photography, and on and on). Was very late when we got home. No one got up early today so we missed church (8:30 service). It started snowing around 10:30 so got the kids packed up and headed them towards home. The roads were snowpacked and it was coming down hard. Very icey! We were gone about 2 hours. About an hour after we got home the sun was shining and the snow was melting. WHAT A WINTER WE HAVE HAD. I do pray for the safety of you gals in the 'tornado' states/areas. Be safe. Know that God's angels are helping protect you just as they helped keep us safe on terrible roads today. (sometimes I speak of angels - I feel they are created by God to look after us - sometimes we call them friends)
When we start our virtual walk I am going to use a pedamoter (sp). Then I will record every mile it shows. When I use mine I tend to move around more so I can increase my number of steps every day.
I am going to have to put our Dotee doll project on hold for awhile as I have agreed to do another comissioned quilt that I want done before gardening begins. I feel I must choose this project over fun sewing as I am trying to establish a name for myself in the quilt world. Dotee is put on hold - not forgotten. If someone out there wants to start thats fine by me. I'll jump in when I can.
Tomorrow I will be busy: Lily to groomer at 10:30, business meeting at 1:00, income tax at 2:00, and garden club at 6:30. Then On Tues we will be traveling with our Gold Club group to Wabasha, MN to go to their famous Eagle Center, out for lunch at a restaurant the was featured in GRUMPY OLD MEN, visit a toy shop and factory, and a chocolate shop. If you don't hear from me know that I am alive and well.
I came to this community 42 years ago and sometimes I still feel like an outsider. I discovered that I have so many things I love to do that I started attending meetings that involved things I like to do. I have made many friends at quilt guilds, garden club, and book club. I have broadened my knowledge base and now feel part of the community.

taa taa for now. Stay safte in God's loving arms.

Edited by - Thelma on Mar 04 2012 7:06:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  7:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey ladies, just dropping in real quick to show a pic or two of my magazine bowl..I am so proud of it...I have to put a sealer on it yet but other than that it is finished. what it looked like before I shaped it. This pic shows it shaped I hope to put the step by step directions on my blog tomorrow

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - Acelady02 on Mar 04 2012 7:28:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  7:36:44 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Farmgirls!

I haven't been on for a while, as usual. I'm busy but then I wonder what am I busy doing???? Last Sunday was Maple Sugar Farm Day where we live and it's so wonderful to go to the local maple syrup farm! This year has been hard on them though as we have had such a mild winter. Holly, do you make your own? Do you cook it in the house or outside? We don't happen to have any maple trees on our land so we have to go enjoy someone elses :) and of course buy some syrup! Yesterday I got up and made us homemade waffles to use the syrup. HMMM was it good!

Congratulations Darlys for being FGOTM!!! You do deserve it! You keep me in stitches all the time too! Even when you are down and out, you are strong for the rest of us and making us all smile!

Bunny, the last time I was on I went and looked at your fabric and must say it's all beautiful! But since I haven't sewn for years, other then to make curtains, I know it would sit here forever before I may think of something to do with it. But it's beautiful!

Chris, I love the bird house! Don't suppose you want to come and do my tile for me? **wink**

So I spent my weekend going through my seed catalogs with a fine tooth comb trying to decide and finally buying what I will grow this summer. All the while we were having that high wind with snow/freezing rain. I can't wait for spring, even if it brings me mud! I finally ordered everything and watched my checking account quickly dwindle as I purchased from five different seed places! I did this because on Friday I stopped into our local Sears catalog store. It is going out of business and I bought myself a wonderful husqvarna rotor tiller. What a deal!! A $750.00 tiller for $280.00! So my "garden" is now going to grow at least twice it's size this spring! I thought I would try and grow everything we would normally buy and see if I can grow enough for a year. Great expectations since last year I was suppose to have 4 people helping me and ended up with myself and my BIL every other Sat. for a couple hours, lol! But with the DH back on his feet and the SIL's ankle healed, I'm hoping they will join in my "fun". They will if they want to eat! (Just kidding, I'd feed anyone)

Good news arrived this weekend twice!! My folks have decided to move to the retirement/assisted living/contiued care place I took them too. It's called Menno Haven and is in PA and run by the Mennonites. It's a beautiful place so I hope they will be comfortable there. Until the move they have found some help to at least clean and do some cooking for them.

The other good news was from my daughter. Since you are all "artists" here I hope you can appreicate it. She has been an artist her entire life and originally went to The Corcoran School of Art and Design. Well, we had to move her home after her first year and she was very angry and instead of continuing in art at UMaine she went into Political Science. Anyway, long story short, she didn't think she was a good artist, stopped drawing, lost her way and she called me to tell me "Mom, it's like I just came out of a fog. I finally drew some pictures and put them on Facebook and everyone loves them!" I said "of course they do honey, you are a good artist. I've been telling you this forever." She says "Ya but your my Mom and have to say that". I was of course ROTFL! Everyone at her work loved what she did and an old roommate of hers saw them and called her to ask if she'd do all of her art and media for her campaign if she is elected in the primary. She is running for one of our Federal Representatives. My daughter, Alana, did this same job for Sen. Collins when she last ran too and yet she (Alana) didn't think she was any good at it! I just hope she keeps her day job if possible since she finally has a real job with benefits. Oh, that was the other thing she said "I guess once I got my new glasses and realized I couldn't see anything in my old ones, it made me want to draw again". I just had to laugh because yes you do need to have good glasses to see! But she knew we were getting tired of buying them for her so she hadn't asked for a couple of years, poor thing.

So, if I can brag, here are a few of her latest pictures. She hand drew them on a tablet that hooks up to her computer and then colored them in with Photoshop. Maybe it's because I am "Mom" but I think she has talent and I have to show it off. I'm just so happy that she has finally come around to what I think she was put on this earth to do, draw! Since she was two years of age she has always wanted to be an animator and her dream job was once to work for Pixal Films (Toy Story, Cars, Shrek). Hope you all don't mind.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey

Edited by - Oggie on Mar 04 2012 7:44:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  7:39:44 PM  Show Profile
Guess we were posting at the same time Penny but I LOVE your bowl!! Care to tell us how you did it?

Also, I hope everyone is safe and healthy! You're all in my prayers, even if I don't get on here much!

Sweet Dreams!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  8:03:57 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies... tomorrow, I will make a trip to a chiropractor. My back is giving me so much pain. I have a hard time getting up and down. I need to just get up and stay up.
The case of green beans I bought for $5.00 made 28 qts of green beans. :) That was pretty good. I canned apple pie filling and beans today and watched chicks hatch... Kind of a boring day...lol. I only went outdoors to do chores.

Darlys- The doll is beautiful! What a wonderful 1st doll! I love her name... I am working on dolls for my granddaughters and one is Addie...I may have to borrow your "Addytudee" name for Addie's doll.

Glenda- I am glad you finally have a date set to get "fixed" up. :)

Penny- I am glad you are safe from the storms as well.

Patsy- Your weather has been pretty frightening. I know through the years that I lived in Ohio, the weather was always worse back home here in Illinois. Worse snows, worse ice storms and worse winds. Last spring were some horrible tornados through here, with several building devastated. I think we may be paying for the mild winter with the early springtime weather. We did get some snow today, but nothing stinking, as it is too warm.

Mel- So glad you came by and touched base with us...been on Pinterest lately? :) OMGosh, we so much share the same taste. :)

Chris- I love the birdhouse! I have a small collection of unusual birdhouses. Of course with a last name of "Byrd", we usually are gifted them. And I have become known as "The Bird Lady". or as "Mama Byrd".

Holly- I can just imagine the fun of the play that Talie was in. Talie sounds very outgoing and it sounds like he is making great use of his youth. So much today kids sit in front of video games and Tv and don't know how to be a kid. Especially with all the fighting and violent video games. There were no video games when I was a kid, but my brothers had Rockem' Sockem' Robots, that was about the most violent game for my time...lol. I am looking forward to the virtual walk. I am hoping to incorporate it my walks and maybe be more motivated.

Dianne- I am glad your DH had the Dr take care of the mole. Those things should not be put off.
I have a old Sears Pressure canner and most all directions come from the little instruction book that came with the canner. Dried beans take up less room, but the concienace of having them cook is great, and I use just as much energy to can 7 qts as I do to make just one batch. Oh, and our little co-op has a facebook page so that everyone involved can keep in touch and we share recipes on it as well.

Kathryn- I am glad you found your glasses. I know if I lost mine, I am not in a position right now that I could just go out and replace them. Since hubby retired and we are on a fixed income, everything has to be planned for.

Marianne- I sure don't have the energy I used to have. We lost our first chick in the brooder today. :( We have had to help a couple of chicks during the hatching process.

Well, off to bed! Have a good night.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  8:06:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey Penny. I loved the magazine bowls. How did you do that. I would love to try.
And Ginny the pictures your daughter drew were wonderful. When I saw them I was thinking of a child's book. She could be and illustrator for children's books.

Getting ready for bed. The weather has become cold again. Gotta get that extra blanket on the bed. We are to be in the 20's & 30's tongiht. One night last week we slepy with the windows open.
Everyone have a good night. Chat at you tomorrow.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  06:23:14 AM  Show Profile
hi gals! First let me say ginny, those picturs ROCK! i have never been able to draw on a computer and your daughter is very talented.
Kathyn, Waco is 6 hours from Shawnee, Ok and my sis did not come down. money verses gas prices...sigh
this weekend i canned 7 pints of salsa and i just love hearing the pings! and then i made the praline syrup from the ball book of canning but silly me, instead of 1/2 pints, i put it in a pint jar and then wondered why it didn't make the same quantity as the recipe.
hahahahaha
darlys, that is a beautiful doll! are you sure you haven't done that before? I have tried to make dolls before and they never look like that...
got to go to work
hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  07:19:27 AM  Show Profile
i'm back~ Penny. love the bowl, how did you do that?

the weather here is beautiful today, cool not cold and sunny. I love working where I do, we have those big "garage" doors and they leave them up when the weather is nice. I get to look at country most of the day..
Patty, I just bought a new pressure canner (with income tax refund) but I have yet to use it. Was going to this past weekend and mowed the yard instead. so this next weekend am planning on canning some pinto beans and possible beef stew (with deermeat). will be on spring break the week of the 12th and will miss talking to you girls! planning on taking my mom to lampasas to get her hair done and then marathon sewing (quiltops) and canning.
hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  09:32:15 AM  Show Profile
Thanx for all the 'welcome backs'. :) Love yous guys!!!!!!!!!!

Penny...neat bowl! How is the non-smoking going? Feb.4th was my anniversary...30 years... No Smokes! :) Sad part is it took me 20 years to figure out how pleasant a smoke free life was. I started way too young...of course 'cause my friends did. Four of us were assigned to work on a history project (8th grade)...the first meeting was at my house and after the meeting my best friend stayed after and asked if I wanted to try something. Well, I was game...so she pulled out her smokes and lit up...(my parents smoked so I wasn't worried that they would smell it or anything. To be honest I'm not too sure exactly how I felt but obviously that day became the first of half a lifetime of puffs!
This was around Christmastime and I lived in Chicago...we all lived near the Science and Industry Museum so we would go over there and hang-out. The reason I mention this is...I couldn't seem to exhale the smoke so when it was cold and you could see your breath...it was like your exhaled smoke! Okay... dumb but what can I say...kids! ROTFLMAO as I type this and realize what a goofball! Alright enough of that nonsense! Hope you are feeling better!!!

Janie...I envy you, your ambitious tackling of the canning process...congrats on all the great stuff you are putting up!

Thelma...All I can say is WOW! I'm ready for a nap just reading about all your adventures.

Darlys...your doll (Addytudee) is adorable! You don't need to tell anyone it's your first...they would never guess... :)

Patty...Get that back taken care of...nothing to mess with! Funny you should mention Pinterest...part of the reason I was away for awhile. I was so d**n addicted to it I had to ween myself off for a bit...it was mind-boggling how I stayed up til 3/4 am a couple of times and I had racked up some 18000 pins in such a very short time. But I am back...better handle and control of my addiction and besides without TV and sugar I need some kinda FIX....LOL :)

Later Ya'll

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  09:54:24 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, I have a busy day but thought I would catch up with a couple posts at a time. Ginny, your daughter is really talented...those pieces are extraordinary, self doubt is our biggest enemy, I was trying to figure out what my blog should be other than some narcissistic indulgence, and one of the things I wanted it to be is to help these young women through what some of us have already been through. Ask your daughter to read what I said about artists I don't remember where it is but somewhere in the last few days I said a few words about that very subject. I am going to add more on that subject, (self doubt) in the meantime she is back on track and I know that makes you very happy. Our children are our greatest source of joy and sometimes sorrow because every time they hurt, we hurt with them.

Penny, the solitude is what brings our creativity out of us - when we are distracted with all that is going on around us and have other obligations for our thoughts, feelings and activities, that creative spirit seems to be the first to go, so be glad you are in a position to embrace it----if you had been running around with friends you never would have done that georgous magazine bowl - that would be a great tutorial on your blog--- I have been back in the city only 2 days and I've had no time to go inward and be with that creative spirit who resides there, for all things there is a season, enjoy your season that allows you time to create and reflect, and put that part of yourself out there for the rest of us to see and connect with. Also, you won't remember your self of today 20 - 30 years from now, so journaling now would be a very useful thing. We are all so afraid of showing our emotions, our vulnerable selves to others. its all part of that self doubt. May Sarton comes to mind as I write this.
Everything that you sisters find the time to do, whether it is canning, raising birds, making dolls, gardening, quilting, whatever it is that is your passion and find the time to share on this forum is really really appreciated, and the longer the posts the better I like them, even though it is now impossible to respond to everything, it is still read and appreciated. I love every single post and when I first started this I didn't know for sure who was Penny, Patty, Patsy, Judy, Nancy,etc. but now I feel like i know each one of you and you are each a special and unique friend, as our Holly said at one time, we are all looking for something on here, looking to connect with kindred spirits would be my guess, and I truly think we are doing that.
I hate it when someone gets too busy to post on here, it is really an emotional attachment for me and it is like a good friend moving away. Are you listening, Thelma....I'm dying to see that quilt.
Holly I don't know if I will be able to keep up with the virtual walk, but I will do what I can to be supportive. While I am lying on the couch recovering I will try to walk in my mind, will that work?
Have a fabulous day, girlfriends, and keep posting!!!!!! I don't even like it when Kathryn takes the weekend off, I think her boss shoud buy her a laptop and let her take it home with her for the weekend. I want to hear about the gardening efforts. BTW, K, did you see my sister's post on my blog about coffee grounds? Is your town large enough to have a Starbucks? I don't know about "star" but "bucks" is sure what it takes to enjoy their coffee. A rare indulgence for me these days.

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  12:38:30 PM  Show Profile
Chris: I went to those sites you suggested; everything is so beautiful! A little too much pink, for me, but I could easily switch out different color china. It makes me want to start a small project right now. Oh, say, my front stoop…lol a bit too much to start out, you say? Haha Yes, you're probably right. Something a bit smaller, oh wait, I have to get that snipper, don't I and some mastic, and…grout, right? Hmmm. Maybe one thing at a time and by the summer I'll be making my first mosaic piece. Your birdhouse is beautiful! I just love it.

Patty: I just love your canning jars; they're so colorful I could use them as home décor. Lol Heat will help loosen those tight muscles…or a good massage. ;)

Glenda: It's so sad about closing up your house, but I'm so glad your son will be there "holding your hand"; please know that I will be there too, in spirit. What time is the surgery scheduled for?

Marianne: I too, wonder what a great night's sleep would be like. I often think, though, that one great night could not possible make up for 40 years of little to none…hmmm. I wouldn't mind finding out, though. *giggle*

Patsy: WOW! I've seen those clouds dropping here too. I've never been directly hit, but it's still scary. I've experience hail many times, but nothing like the pictures you posted; interesting formations. I wonder how that happens. OOOhhh, something to research; like I haven't got enough, huh? *shaking head, laughing*

Penny: Here's a dumb question, for you, or anyone, for that matter, how do you tell the difference between pleather and real leather? I've never had either and I haven't a clue. Are you the keeper of the birthday list? If so, I'd like to have one, too please.

Mel: I wouldn't mind having more than one pair; let's see, three or four for home, two or three for my daughter's, a couple for the car, and a couple more for the office, That might do it, but then, what do I do if I lose them all; it could happen. If I can lose a pair going from the car to my house, I can lose them anywhere, any time. *giggle, giggle* Pitiful

Darlys: That doll is great. Lol She looks like me when I've actually been asleep. Did you hand paint the face? I'm impressed; my faces always come out lopsided, hahaha. We all need a little "tudee" now and again. *chuckle*

Thelma: A pedometer is a good idea. I used to have one; I wonder if I still do…now if I can only find it…hahaha, and if it's batteries are still good…Maybe it would just be easier to get a new one, huh? That owl festival sounds fun; did the kids enjoy it?

Penny: Wow! What a bowl! Out of magazines, no less. How do you get these ideas? I would never have thought of something like that. I'm creative, but I generally have to start with someone else's idea then I can shape and create from there, but…I'll say it backwards…WOW, see how clever I am? * giggles*

Ginny: You must be so relieved that your parents decided to make the move. Your daughter's…? Sensational! She can't give up on that! You tell her I said so, like that will make a difference to her, and gf you go right ahead and brag; that girls' got talent! My daughter can draw really well too; born with it as yours was, but she doesn't think it's very good either. What is up with that. Anyway? She cartoons, which is what she's comfortable with, but has really wanted to do landscapes, but she's afraid to try. Ugh! If you can 'cartoon' all your friends and, but still recognizable, then you are good, right? She doesn't listen to me; she says the same thing your daughter does, "you have to say that, you're my mom". Sheesh!

Patty: I completely understand about the "fixed" income. Mine is fixed too; its fixed on zero. Haha I would never have been able to replace them; I would be using the loaner readers forever, and ever.

Well, I did some baking this weekend; note to self; when you're physically impaired, do not, do not, do a triple batch of bread dough. I made, with help from my daughter's niece and nephew, some squatty, but good pretzels and some homemade pizzas and also some cinnamon rolls. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll post some pictures of the cinnamon rolls.

I also have some pictures of the pear trees, so be looking for them. Have a great day all!

Hugs!

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  2:57:03 PM  Show Profile
Mel, thank you for the birthday card that I got today. I love you gals...my birthday just keeps going and going....like the EnergizerBunny!LOL
Chris,love the birdhouse with ~bling~...(bejeweled knob). everybody is treated like royalty at your house.
Mom and I think Patsy and Jim should move back home! hahaha (can you hear me now?) hahaha
Darlys, cute doll. Love her addytudee!
Penny, Mama's feeling better. She only coughs in the evening now...weird! *giggle* Love the magazine bowl. Never saw anything like that before. I want to see the instructions! Hurry up! heehee
Ginny,your daughter is very talented.You should be proud.
Ok,let's compare gas prices. I want to see what everyone has right now. We are at $3.74.
We had 3 inches of wet.heavy snow dumped on us yesterday afternoon and last night.Now we have big fluffy goose feathers/28....and sun. haha Gotta love it! Tomorrow is suppose to be 50's. CRAZY!!!
Toodles!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  3:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I'm going to be gone for the rest of the week helping out my friend in Columbia, and she wants me to go to Myrtle Beach with her so she can visit her brother that she hasn't seen in a year. So I hope when I get back on Friday, I can jump on but her and her boyfriend are coming here for the weekend so if I may not be able to until everyone goes to bed..he he...ok the magazine tutorial is up on my blog now and also the link of where I got the idea...

Kathryn, I will send you the list. I looked back and thought it went out with everyone else's that I sent out at the end of Feb. but I will check again and make sure I have your email address added to that group emails. I just checked and you haven't sent me your birthday or address info. so that is why you didn't get the email. So if you would like to send that to me I will be happy to add it and send the list out to you. Oh don't forget the whole birthday <giggle> that includes the year...lol

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Mar 05 2012 3:42:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  4:24:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Please pray for Tharesa. She is one of the partners in the co-op farm. We were all out finishing the pruning on the fruit trees (they have not been pruned in years). She fell in a hole and twisted her knee. She is in pain but on crutches. She has to wait a week before they will do an MRI or anything.

Windy Ridge farms is a close second tho Lazy Dog Farms. Please help! Windy Ridge is because both of the guy are well sall we say windy (gassy).

Holly moving on the 10th wont be a problem for me. I am in a bowling turnament that starts that day. LOL

Penny those are awesome bowls. I have seen bowls out of rope but not magazines.

Ginny your daughter is truly talented.

Patty I will say a prayer for your back. ack pain just ruins everything.

I need to finish up and get home.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  5:03:01 PM  Show Profile
Penny, your bowl is so cool. You should put it on your blog as a tutorial. Very upcycle savy.

Ginny, your daughter is so talented! She should do a bunch of drawings like the last one and send them to a greeting card company. Or better yet, do her own cards and sell them on etsy! She could make a name for herself. She does a really good job and would do great as an artist for books, comics or greeting cards.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  5:20:42 PM  Show Profile
Penny, silly me, you did do a tutorial. I just went to your website. It looks great. Thank you!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  7:10:53 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies, It has been a long DR day. I know that I have been a little negative on my posting lately.It has been about hubby not being well and with the virus that sent him to the hospital. We have been waiting out the swimminess that he has had in his head and the off balance feeling that he has been suffering from since Jan 17th. He had more test run on Feb 29(Wed) and we got the results today.
He has damage to the nerve that runs along the inner ear and the simicircular canals. That is what has caused the dizziness. It is simular to vertigo but that is not what he has.The nerve sends the signal to the brain about the movement of the body/head.It has been damaged from the virus. So that is why he is so off balance and this can cause nausea.No Medicatin can help heal him but some therapy may help him compensate. We are going to try that. (we will take every avenue avaiable) We are dissapointed to say the least. We thought that the virus needed a little more time to work it's way out and that he would be back to normal in a few weeks. Doesn't look like that will happen. But one good thing that has surprised the dr's is that he has not lost his hearing!!! It is normal which to the doc's, is very unusal. So keep us in your prayers while we try and make a plan...LIKE WE ARE IN CONTROL!!!!

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  8:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies... I went to the chiropractor today. He did x-rays and used the ultra sound unit on my back. I will go back tomorrow for an ultra sound treatment and he will discuss the x-rays further. He is also going to refer me to another dr. as he believes I have a ruptured disc that will need more attention than he can give. I really don't know what I did to cause it. I don't recall hurting my back at any point. I know I have been miserable the last few days. Tomorrow morning I am going to butcher 4 roosters.... it has to be done. My cousin is going to come up and help me. :) Hopefully it won't take us long. We are going to try to can the meat. I have never canned meat before. We worked today on creating a pantry in a spare bedroom closet. I am so going to love it!

Penny-I loved the magazine bowls. Don't work to hard in Columbia, and make sure to have some fun!

Ginny-The pictures your daughter drew were wonderful. I agree with Debra, She could be a story book illustrator .

Kathryn- Looking forward to the pictures. We have a pear tree at our home in Ohio...by the time I got back there this year they were all gone. Someone helped thereselves. :( .

Judy- Our gas in town is $3.75. It is always cheaper across the river in Moissouri. We bought it for $3.39 this weekend.

Dianne - Saying a prayer for your friend. I pray she recoups quickly, and is back on her two feet! :)

Janie- I am so lucky to have the farmer's market to grab produce this time of year. I canned 28 qts of green beans from the $5.00 case of green beans I bought last Friday. I love to can. We just don't have a basement in this house so I don't have great storage.

Debra- Still praying for you and your hubby. I hope he astounds everyone and recovers very quickly.

Well, off to bed I go. Have a good night.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  04:58:50 AM  Show Profile
I am going to whine this morning about my horrible day yesterday. I am so far behind in everything and my sewing room looks so bad that I feel like folding it up, putting it in an envelope and sending it to the moon.

I started out with my nice little list of things to do. I wanted to make this jounal for a swap but was in a hurry and glued everything on it so quickly that it ended up in a gloop. So I scraped it off and began again. I washed my kitchen floor, dog came in with paw prints. Thank you Miss Snuggles. I went in that sewing room and found this box with things from my fireplace mantle that I put there from when we got our new TV.

While I am in the sewing room I find these pieces of fabric that I begin putting away and DH says the mail is here and there is a package for me. It is fabric from Bunny. Hooray! So I put it on my sewing table. I am getting nothing done.

Time to make dinner but I didn't take anything out of the freezer so we will be having spagetti and a salad.

I finally have to call Darlys because I just have to talk to someone. My sewing room has fabric stacked all over. There is stuff all over the table where I am making this journal. My laundry isn't done, my kitchen floor has dog prints on it ( what else is new), vacuum cleaner out because I had hopes.

Okay, no more whining. I got it all off my chest. Thank you for listening. Aaaaah. Now I can be my happy self again. :)

Ginny, those pictures your daughter drew are so professional looking. She is really very good. Yes, Debra is right.

I am praying for you Patty that your back will be okay and will not need surgery or anything serious.

Debra, I will continue to pray for your DH. Thank God he has not lost his hearing. He may still make more amazing progress.

Mel, thank you for the lovely card I received from you. I am still getting to celebrate my birthday. That is so much fun. This is one of the best birthdays ever thanks to all of you beautiful ladies.

Bunny thank you for the special little surprises in my fabric order. They did brighten my horrible day yesterday.

Hugs,

Nancy #2301

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  05:23:42 AM  Show Profile
This is the first journal I made.

Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  07:32:57 AM  Show Profile
Penny: I sent you a return email, but this computer did something strange, so let me know if you got it. I did not, however, give you the year…*ratafratta…grumble, grumble* lol Fine. It's 61, there, I said it. *chuckle* (I really don't mind ;D).

Debra E.: Okay, here goes the homeopathic kick again…a remedy called, Hypericum, is very good for restoring/repairing/ making better, nerve problems. I may have some extra at home. If your hubby wants to try it along with the therapy, I'll be happy to check and send it to you…let me know.

Patty: These pear trees, unfortunately, to not produce fruit; why call it a 'pear' tree if you don't get any pears from it..? But I forgot the little thingy to put the memory card in to put the pictures on the computer, so maybe tomorrow, if I can engage my brain long enough to put it in my bag…hahaha. I don't know anything about chickens, so pardon my ignorance, but why can't it wait until your feeling better? I know things need to be done and some things need to be done at certain times…but…*shrugs*…can't the roosters have a short reprieve for your benefit?

Nancy: love the journal; it looks great! Don't worry about getting 'nothing' done yesterday or being behind. It happens, and why get stress about it, huh? What is the worst that can happen if it doesn't get done? You'll have to do it tomorrow or the next day? In the vast scheme of things; when you take 'eternity' into account…? You get what I'm saying…Oh, and, just so you don't think I'm trivializing your day to day trouble, I'm talking to myself, as well. I'm so OCD, it's pitiful; just pitiful, I tell you. Lol I'm trying to let more things go; you know, not let myself worry so much about it… Definitely easier said than done, but...

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  07:34:49 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Mel, where is Addison? What is your pinterest name, or how do I find you, I guess you must have gotten to the end of it with that many pins. I love it too. But I don't have near as many pins as you do. I got to thinking if suddenly we lost all our pins what would we do? all that work. The thought of it makes me panic!! Is that addiction? If so, I have it too.
Penny, your tutorial for the beautiful bowl is great - you are so good at that, both the blogging and the pics/directions, etc.
When on earth do you ever have time to be lonely....
Patty I am so sorry about your back problems, I hope it is something you will recover from quickly. I also think when it comes to your back, more than one opinion sometimes is a good idea. Seems like we all end up with back problems sooner or later and there seems to be myriad ways to "fix" them. If you like massage, that is a good way to get some relief, I think when we are in pain we tense up our muscles even more and that pulls things out of whack. (how's that for a medical term). I am glad you take the time to blog and post on here, I really get inspired by all the things you do. I would like to know how one cans meat--I really want to try to see how you gals are doing this canning---the news continues to frighten us about losing all the things we take for granted like electricity and gas, not to mention our personal freedom, and even what is allowed to be in the food we eat.
Darlys, Im looking at Addy again and she is just so cute - I think you're pulling our leg(s) about it being your first doll----maybe you would be the one to start off the Dotee doll thing we wanted to do if Thelma is too busy?
Nancy, when I lived in California I didn't make many friends and my children didn't either, so we moved back to Texas, its funny how you can get in an area where everybody is friendly, or not. In my first apartment here in Austin several years ago nobody spoke, then I moved into a different complex and everybody was so friendly, I have several women friends that I get together with we all get together once a month for lunch and we keep adding more ladies to the group, then I see some of them other times, too, and I joined a sculpting group here and have friends from that, and I still keep up with 7 or 8 of the people I went to high school with, etc. so I know that I am outgoing and friendly, its just some of these little clannish towns are like that. If I ever get to the point where I am there full time I will join the quilters and crafters, etc. And I do love my solitude, too. My gripe is that some of the oldtimers just look at you and won't speak, and I want to say "what's wrong with you, are you socially challenged or just plain rude!! Especially if one of them is checking my groceries out and doesn't bother to say hello and thank you. but I would never do that. And, I'm really not into Fri nite football, no kids in school, not in a neighborhood, etc. all those things make a difference.
Dianne, I vote for "Lazy Dog Farm". not the other.
I can't decide who is busier, Patty or Thelma. Reading all the amazing things they accomplish makes me so tired I have to go nap. Judy, I don't know exactly what the gas price is today, it keeps changing, but I don't think it is that high. I had 2 cars, a suburban that was too big and a little pt cruiser convertible that was too small, (but I did have some fun in that little cruiser). recently I traded them both in for a jeep patriot and I am disappointed how often I seem to have to fill that thing up, I thought it would get better mileage than it does. I drive a lot. It was costing me about $28 - $30 to fill it up (I only let it go down to 1/4 tank) but when I filled it up a few days ago it cost about $34.

Unless 6 people have posted while I have been doing mine, I'm pretty well caught up.

Did everybody else notice how quiet Darlys got after she found out she had to take all of us literally with her to Hawaii? I do think she's hiding out.

Debra, I know you have been going through a rough time, gf. That's what we are all here for, you can vent any time you feel like it. Ditto Patty's comments.

Nancy, the journal is beautiful!! You are really talented!! yes, you are, too. You had one of those crappy days yesterday like we all have. I will send a pic of my craft room, it will make you feel so much better about yours. I do love the colors you chose for the cover of the journal. I'm still trying to figure out what to do, where to start, etc. Yours gives me inspiration--thanks for sharing.
I am trying to figure out how you did the bird, is that modeling paste?
Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on Mar 06 2012 07:43:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  09:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I'm ready to go vote, it is Super Tuesday, then off to Columbia. but wanted to jump on for a minute so I'm not so far behind when I get back.

Ginny, I am so impressed by your DD pictures...they are beautiful....I would love too see more if you don't mind sharing. I really, really, love the one with the lady and the frog...I love the colors and I love frogs and all....One of these days I'm going to start hanging pics in my bedroom. It was finished being built for about a year or so now but I haven't hung any pics.. I would love to see her pics on FB...if you don't think she would mind...could you email me her name so I can look her up...Maybe she wouldn't mind having me as a friend so I can view all her drawings. What a great deal on the tiller, wow...My Momma used to say stuff like that too "if you want to eat you will help"....and like you she fed everyone too...lol Thanks for compliment on my bowl..it was fun

Patty, I sure hope your back is getting better....didn't I tell you to take it easy the other day? Now it's time you listen. I will check on you when I get back...please take it easy...love ya girl.....I sure hope you didn't rupture a disk, oh no...I wish you could get someone else to do the killing of the roosters and the canning...please take it easy.So glad you made it through the storms too

Debra E. Check out my blog I put a tutorial up on how to make the bowl...but I'm not the best at doing tutorials so if anyone has questions just ask. I had a friend on FB that asked me if I would make one for their Honor Flight Run, which is a motorcycle auction and poker run to raise money to fly the veterans from all wars to DC to the visit the Wall. I was so surprised. I really hate that your DH and you are having to go through all of this. I have never know anyone that has gone through that. I will keep him in my prayers, you are already in my prayer journal.

Janie, I would love to learn to make salsa, I love it but always been afraid of messing it up...you sound like you have been so busy.

Mel, hate to admit, but non-smoking not going so well but have started taking the meds again and not smoking a pack a day like I was, now it is a pack every 4 days, so guess it is coming along...I will whip this thing. I am so proud of you for quitting when you did...if you put all the years I have smoked together It would be less than 10 I think...I started when I was in my 30's. stupid, I know.

Glenda, I like how you have an idea of what you want your blog to be...myself, it is what every pops in my head on that day. I love sharing myself and family, which I guess is selfish, huh? Oh well, I hope my crafts and baking and cooking will bring people back. Thank you for helping me feel better about my times alone. You are a very wise woman. I really don't mind my time alone but I do have times when I crave a female friend to share time with. During these times I write in my journal, which helps some. But most the time, I come here and after reading and writing I feel better. Ya'll are a very important part of my life now. I consider ya'll true friends. The kind that are supportive but yet will kick me in the butt when I need it...so thank you.

Kathryn, There is usually a tag on the back or bottom of the sofa that may tell you. I can tell my feel sometimes, leather is thicker than pleather..So how did the pretzels turn out? And I agree, that is alot to do at once. I want to make some cinnamon rolls but keep putting it off...maybe one day soon.

Judy, not sure of prices today but gas was up to 3.89 last week. DH said diesel was $4.09 yesterday. His truck is diesel, my car is gas. Will have to put gas in it today.

Dianne, hope your friend heals quickly...bless her heart. I use to bowl, started when I was like 8. That was our Saturdays when I was a kid.

Bunny, glad you saw that I put the tutorial for the bowl on my blog...lol...I hope it explains everything, not sure, so if anyone has questions, just ask.

Nancy, I am so sorry you are feeling terrible about your day yesterday. Don't let it get you down. One thing I've come to realize is that things that need to be done today, doesn't go away it will be there tomorrow. I love the journal, it is very nice. I can copy peoples ideas but not good at coming up with ideas myself.

I hope I didn't miss anybody but sure I didn't say all I wanted too...I'm out of here now...be back on the weekend...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  11:24:11 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Darlys: Congrats on FGOTM! I agree totally with Ginny,you have a strong character and much feeling that touches us all in different ways.

Judy: when i get to the gas station, i will let you know for sure, but it was 3.79 last time i remember.

Chris: LOVE that birdhouse. can only imagine how much work it is, but worth it i can tell.

Holly & Darlys: had to lol when you said "search for new real estate." been here 12 years and i don't think ANY place is safe anymore. love the doll Darlys. Mel is right, no one would guess it was you rfirst. :)

Nancy: we had the mattress pulled out and ready to jump under.
i think we all have some days "planned" and sometimes it's just not to be...just like totally "go with the flow" ...and you did. :)

Holly: think "amish" for doll faces.
i always enjoyed milking my goats for the same reason. peace and no one talking back.

Penny: LOVE the magazine bowl. wondering how hard that was to do.

Ginny: you sound like my grandma tolley. she always asked first thing when you entered her house,"ya hungry?" as she moved towards the fridge to get stuff out to heat up.
Your daughter has great talent! she SHOULD try to get into Pixal Films!

Debra e: ya, we had 70 last week and it was great NOT to hear heaters running, house was so quiet. now we're back to extra blanket again and heat. sigh. but it's coming, the break IS coming.

Kathryn: i kept a quart freezer bag of hail from the other day. just can't believe the size of that coming from the sky.

Edited by - craftbug on Mar 06 2012 11:25:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  1:29:34 PM  Show Profile
This is what happens when I take a day off -- my post will probably take up all of page 210.

I've been reading about how many of us haven't really connected in our neighborhoods/towns. Used to be that folks didn't travel far and were always surrounded by family and the same neighbors they had for generations. Socialization was around church and barn raisings. Now, with all the distance between us and our kids and grandkids - and the influx of different cultures that we sometimes don't understand, or relate to, and the biggest difference of all - the internet - we tend to find our neighborhoods online. I don't really know any folks in this Cupertino neighborhood and we have been here in a gated community for 9 years. It's not that they are not nice, they are just wrapped up in their own interests and work and families and lives. It's really okay. I have had many friends over the years - a lot from the babysitting co-op I was part of 35 years ago, many from various churches. But the best friends ever are the ones I've found here on MJF. We do share, care, laugh, inspire and support one another - even though most of us have never met in person (and may or may not down the line). I thank you all for being my friends in spite of differences or distance.

Dianne, I like Windy Ridge! It has a "whoosh!" ring to it -- and has a cheesy double entendre to boot. Oh, Lazy Dog is good, too. Can't choose. By all means start a blog about your co-op. It will be fun to see your work in progress. Yes, it would interest me. There are things I can't or won't do myself anymore - young-blood labor among them - so I enjoy you young'uns with your pitchforks and hoes, birds (chickens/doves/eagles, etc) and cows and pigs and more. You feed my fantasies with your active lives. Then there are those, who like me, love to read what everyone is up to. Meanwhile, I like to "play" in the dirt - hoping something will grow, and stare at my craft room - waiting for my muse to appear - or for it to magically appear organized and clean. By all means, start a blog!

Glad your DH got the mole off. And will be hoping that the hernia gets taken care of. Have put your friend Theresa in my prayers. The poor thing.

Holly, make sure Mel is on the "Move It to Lose It walk." Looks like we have quite the Texas contingent.

Mel, I gave up smoking 39 years ago for Lent ... thought that should take care of the sacrifices for the rest of my life. But a few years ago DH and I gave up potatoes in all forms. That was interesting. Especially when we would go out to eat. Good for you giving up TV AND sugar! Are you reading every package to be sure some food company hasn't slipped some in on you? Well, I am impressed!

Thelma ... you've been busy and seem to be getting busier yet! Sounds like quite the Owl Fair you took the grandkids to. Naptime. Who said it? I agree.

Patty, Oh my achin' back. Even though we have butt and back warmer seats in both cars ... I still bring along one of those microwaveable heat packs to start any long drive. I do hope you can get what is going on diagnosed and treated. I know it's not good to just lie around (or is it?) but what you have on your calendar boggles my mind! As for traveling - Somehow I just settle into the ride better with my aromatherapy warmer.

I'm so pleased that you would want to use Addytudee's name for your granddaughter's doll. Thank you.

How is your daughter? Diagnosis? I looked and looked but couldn't find anything about that. Or, maybe you haven't heard yet?

Penny! The bowl is so creative! Looks like a fun project, too (Like I need one more.) You have a good time with your friend in Columbia ... and let us know if Myrtle Beach is still the Riviera of the East Coast. Hope you have good weather for traveling and enjoying your stay.

Penny, you just keep trying to quit, honey. One of these times it will just stick. Did I tell you that on one of my attempts to quit smoking I even tried hypnosis. Then there was the time that I emptied ashtrays into a big glass jar, added water - wrote "this is what you are putting in your mouth!" on it - and everytime I wanted to light up I'd make myself take a big sniff of what was in that jar first. EEEwwww-ack-gag.

Ginny - You really scored on the tiller! I thought I'd done good on the little guy DH got last fall - getting it to just under $200. But you got the big brother and a waaaay better deal. Good going! I'm perusing the seed catalogs, too. But I'm not doing much induging until we are actually moved to Oakhurst. Trying to tend a garden - every OTHER weekend - in that climate would produce iffy results at best.

Great to hear that your folks are going to be cared for and comfortable in a place that they are both happy with. And also, your daughter - had to laugh and share with youngest son - whose "go to" response when I compliment him on his music is "You're my mom - and YOU have to say that." When I told him what your daughter said - He said - "guess it's not just us." Must be a generational thing. Your daughter is, indeed, very talented.

Janie - Gotta thank Nancy for the pattern ... although Addytudee took on a life of her own, her body is an easy pattern. If it hadn't been - she may have never arrived. Now every morning she gets up and immediately says "Don't even think about it!" and goes about her business.

Praline syrup. Mmmm That sounds luscious (and low-cal, right?). Salsa sounds good, too. Someday .... maybe .....

Have fun with your mom and enjoy your domestic bliss during spring break.

Gypsy, as usual you are waxing eloquent and moving each one of us to a passion - if we aren't already inclined. You are incredible. I have to echo what you said about knowing each farmgirl as a special and unique friend. And I agree with you about what Holly said - how we are all looking for something - to connect with kindred spirits. It has been expressed so well.

Kathryn - How are you faring weather-wise in OK? I found my pedometer. I think I used it once - long, long ago. Still appears to work though - Oh, wait ... I think that this, my pedometer, might actually be a timer. Well, I did have one, once.

Bunny - you know how much I love the fabrics I've been ordering! And you are special yourself, gf. Thank you so much for the extras you tucked into the package. The little "card-purse" is going to be so used! And the elf/fairy is way beyond precious! Thank you from the bottom of my FGOTM heart. When I get time to fool around trying to post pictures on here again (soon, I hope) I will share with all.

Judy & Patty & Glenda - Gas under $4! That's regular, I take it? Enjoy. Ours is well over $4 - even regular. My Lexus SUV takes premium (I think that's around 4.40 and up) Whatever it is, I just filled up and ithe ticker was nearing $70 when it finally stopped - and DH's Acura takes mid-grade. We spend a lot on getting around! We may have highest prices nationwide (except for Hawaii).

Judy, Patsy - Tell your mom to take care. I have a card sitting here to send her - but I was a bit wrapped up in my self indulgent recovery lately and now can use that for an excuse for everything I didn't get done for the last month.

Does anybody else have the problem of every now and then, while reading the forum - the page runs off the right side of the box and you have to move the bar at the bottom back and forth in order to read the whole thing? Annoying. Anybody have a fix for that? I can't seem to find one. It doesn't happen often which is good. Well, I want to read what everyone is saying more than I am annoyed - so I'll just keep pushing that bar - back and forth, back and forth.

Debra, I'm so sorry about your DH. Good about the hearing but the rest is distressing. Definitely in my prayers.

Nancy! Your rant was wonderful! I was beginning to think you were a figment of my imagination ... you are so perfect and sweet. Now what you didn't say was that from the moment I answered the phone on -- it was a complete giggle-fest. You should share about your playing Barbie Dolls with your granddaughters here. I about bust stitches. Never mind the other subjects laughing. You did NOT sound very depressed sweetheart! But, oh, okay, I acknowledge your now-past frustration. By the way...fantastic journal! Did you use embossing powder? It's gorgeous! And after we talked I got your package. Sock Monkey coin purse? You are too funny!

Gypsy - I'm not avoiding you all - I had to go shopping for bigger and more luggage as you all indicate your plans to come with me to Maui. Maybe this Move It and Lose it will whittle some of those bodies down so more of you can squeeze into less space. Dianne, you have to leave the peashooter at home this trip.

And now it's time for me to MOVE it! Can't believe how long I've been sitting here. That'll teach me to get lax!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Mar 06 2012 3:08:18 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page