annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  06:19:10 AM  Show Profile
Kathryn- Have you found those glasses yet? Keep looking. They couldn't have gone too far. I hope they turn up soon.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  07:02:51 AM  Show Profile
Good for you Marianne, I like your longer post--already we know you better. I have been too lazy to use notepad but I've been on here so much I only have the one page I'm on to catch up with. When you lose your post is when you try to go back to a previous page. I think it will only keep your post on the page you are on. I never did get an answer back about spellcheck so I went through my books and found a dictionary to keep by my computer-better for me anyway.
Yea, Nancy, another Tangee girl----that is really fun!!! We were lucky to be teenagers in the 50's - we were the ones who really had Elvis and all that other 50's music that has never been beat. And we were the ones with all the petticoats - saddle oxfords, penny loafers, what a fabulous time in history and we lived it!!

I loved Penny's post on Patty's blog, then I went to Penny's blog and she has been working on it, I think while she was MIA here--it looked fabulous--her recipes and pics of all those wonderful goodies she makes - I love all that--Penny, keep that up, its wonderful and so enjoyable to sit and read. I tried to comment but don't know if I did or not. Also did comment on Patty's blog, you two gals are just the best!! I love when I see someone has joined my blog so I am going to try to do the same - I really hadn't thought about it before but its now my most fun thing--creating my own and keeping up with others. Even Ed said I seemed in such a better mood when I usually am cranky by the end of the day by myself out here and not in shape to do all the mountain of work accumulating here on the farm (or used to be a farm)

I know many of you have been praying for me and my family with all the trials we are going through. My brother has survived all his chemo, a miracle in itself. Now he is waiting to see when the radiation will start. The tumor has started to shrink. He still has a bad time of it but overall he is much better, and my sister is taking good care of him.
Penny, we need an update on your brother, who is also going through chemo. And if your cold/sinus hangs on, don't forget the neti pot==mama glenda's advice for the day. that will work when nothing else will.
My surgery has finally been set for March 15th which is the first date they can get 3 surgeons together due to the rather complicated deal it has become. I will have to tough it out until then. The good thing is that by then hopefully my children will have gotten through the worst of it with their father, it will be resolved one way or the other. Talk about things happening in 3's. It really seems that way.
Bunny I will go back to Austin this weekend and can't wait to see my fabric from you. So excited.
Penny and Patty keep posting pictures = what I want to know is did you really wear a blue bikini in Rio - if so no wonder you had so much fun. and I really covet that hat, holly. that must be the one darlys said she sent to me but I never got. you wild farmgirls.......

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on Mar 01 2012 07:11:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  07:31:06 AM  Show Profile
Glenda, so cool about the notepad. I learned something new too. thank you! I always feel bad when I don't respond to everyone because they are a few pages back and I can't remember their name or which page it was on.

Marianne, I am working for an AA in Accounting. Not sure what to do with it yet. But because of the economy I had to close my quilt shop and I lost my house in California. It was about 25 miles from Yosemite. I moved to Oregon into my mom's house. I realized I didn't have any marketable skills so I have gone back to college. Marianne, at least your daughter will be in the same state. I'm sure Seattle will be fun for them.

School day today. It snowed a little last night but it didn't stick on the roads so getting to school will be easy. I have a big Dodge diesel truck so not much stops me anyway.

Looks like I need to check in on more of your blogs. I have seen Glenda's. I need to get going on mine more. I do more sewing projects and tutorials on mine. I haven't done much since I started school. I'm thinking of doing one just about what ever I want. Life stuff. We will see. I've tried it before and I just seem to peter out after a while. I enjoy reading about all the things you ladies do! So busy canning, raising quail and chickens.. true farmgirls.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  07:33:08 AM  Show Profile
Glenda, I love the poem on your website. So true. I can totally relate.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  07:57:46 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, bunny, I like your blog with the tutorials, don't stop doing that, now I need to go see if I have joined yours or not. Then I am closing this computer for the day and get some other work done. I am planning to do a simple doll tutorial as soon as I can get my act together. There are so many ways to do anything, but its always fun to see how someone else does it.
Just checked. Says I am already following you but I don't see the little place that shows followers. Your blog is great - its beautiful.
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Mar 01 2012 08:03:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  08:25:06 AM  Show Profile
I just saw a guy who looks a lot like 'Waldo' wearing a pair of ladies glasses. Now could Kathren's specks have traveled to Iowa?
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  09:41:16 AM  Show Profile
Well, I lied. Here I am back again. I was rounding up stuff to take back to Ed's and was wondering where we are with the Dotee doll? I want to gather up enough stuff to make a couple while I am recouperating but will have to do all by hand. Also just now I found a whole plastic tote of doilies my mom has made for me over the years. I had forgotten how pretty they are and now appreciate the talent she has to make such fine work. I need ideas on how to use them.

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  10:27:15 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All! I found my glasses! I say ‘I’, but it was really my daughter who found them for me. I told you I needed another set of eyes on the matter…hahaha She found them lying lens down, way far underneath the front passenger seat of my car. How it got so far under there, I have no idea. She almost missed them too, because the arms just looked like wires under the seat. I was too thrilled! I couldn’t have replaced them if they had not turned up, so I’m so grateful they decided to show themselves after all…lol

Glenda, I guess you are more computer savvy then you thought…*giggle*. I alternate between notepad and just regular old word for my posts; I have to, especially for my Monday posts, which are always longer because I miss the weekend. ;) I have made fairies and angels out of some doilies; I’m afraid I can’t show you any pictures, because I gave them all away. They were really pretty, though…

Oh, Marianne…tsk, tsk, tsk, don’t you know? Everything thing we say is completely relevant, even if we are just babbling…

Penny, you are a lucky girl, to have such good and talented friends. That basket is gorgeous! I love all the lace and doilies, the basket too. The eggs are pretty too…isn’t nice to know that you are so loved? Oh, and by the way, if you can get it where you are…Aconite for your sinuses, or Kali bichromium. It helps ever so much and shortens the length of time you’re. If you’re running a fever, then go for Belladona, but, if you take aconite then you need to wait about a half an hour to take the belladonna, as they cancel each other out when taken together.

Patty…that coop…so cool! I bet I could make something along those lines out of pallets; it wouldn’t look quite that good, but I don’t think the birds would notice…lol. Hmmm, I wonder where I could put it…I live within the city limits, but I can have a couple, hmmm. Girl! You have inspired me!

That’s what I was afraid of; that is, of course, the kind of luck I have, Bunny. Unfortunately, it would have been a long time before I could get new ones. I was so sure they would turn up either in the car or I’d find them when my grass finely got cut. Hahaha

Marianne, I know how hard it is when your “babies” fly away; far away. I hardly ever get to see my son and before I moved to OK I hardly ever got to see my daughter, as well, and by extension, those wonderful grandbabies that come along. *heavy sigh* Such as life. Phone calls, emails, and the occasional visits back and forth, while not the same as having them there all the time, somehow makes life sweeter; you appreciate them more and they you. Plus, you know you have each and everyone of us to turn to, when you get to missing her too much.

Where, in Oklahoma does your sister live, Janie? I’m curious if I know the place. I’ve been living here about six years and there are still places that I say, “Where the heck is that?” lol I’m having “Mom” issues right now myself…trying get the nursing home to allow my homeopathic doctor to treat her there. If he can bring some improvement to her the homeopathic way, it might be possible to “live” again, as apposed to just existing and waiting to die. She’s only going to be 74 on the 19th. I don’t want her there if something can be done to make life better for her, you know?

Nancy, you may just get that picture by next week; I can see the top of one from where I’m sitting and it’s in full bloom right now. Hm-hm-hmmm. I have a thing for trees. *giggle*

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  11:40:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Over on Across the fence board is where I'm listing March FGOTM.....just so everyone will know where to look....I will come back later and answer all the posts from all of you...and see if I can catch up....so see ya in a bit

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  12:31:12 PM  Show Profile
Darlys&Glenda, my Mom had Tangee lipstick and she gets "TheVermontCountryStore" catalogue and we laugh at those prices too.She asked me if I ever see Evening In Paris perfume anywhere? Don't they realize that people in my mom's age group who remember that stuff,can't afford those prices on a fixed income? What "Numb-Nuts! Not fair to the poor Seniors!
Bunny, will pray for comfort for your X-FIL. So sorry to hear that.
Nancy,glad you got a light-box. I've seen those. It's gotta be better than holding or taping things up to the window. hahaaha
What's "Soft-Surroundings"?
Thelma, cute(crappy)story! lol
Marianne,you made me laugh at your remark, "Comparing sofa upholstry."Sad but creative!
Glenda, rofl...good description of those awful booth seats.I hate it when I get one of those.lol
I just read your poem...very,very nice.
I've decided that if I ever get caught in my jammies in the middle of the day...I'm just going to start sniffing and coughing,with a hanky in my hand and say,"I can't linger at the door, I'm sick,unless you want to get sick too!" hahah Making use of DH's Boyscout motto...Be Prepared! hahaha
Darlys,some people bathe in perfume, but I think the word you are looking for is "Marinated" in it!!!hahaha Too funny!
I love classical music. I play it all day long....well....unless I want to Shimmy.Shake&Wiggle...then it's Country all the way!!! lol
Holly, what's a sugering arch?
Oh Penny, I love that doll and her red hair and cute hat.Great job Patty!I got a necklace,eggs,and an embroidered hanky from Patty too. Isn't she a doll?(no pun intended)teehee
Ok...after Patty's & Kathryn's stories, I'm convinced that we ALL need an Amulet-type bag w/zipper/drawstring, to hang around our necks,tucked in our shirts,to put glasses,phones and important things into, so we stop losing them while moving about!!! Rofl
Janie, being sole care-taker for my Mom,I understand your pain. I see my 84 y.o. Mama slowing down,can't hardly see or hear, and it hurts me so deeply because she's so spry otherwise. She takes no meds and is basically a "Chipper" lady. We always remamber them for what they use to be and I want her to be happy to the end.She wants to live to be 107 because her Gr-Ma lived to be 106.She may just do it too...and....to tell you the truth...I'm not done needing her yet!! *sniff* BIG hugs to you girl for all your efforts!
I love my netti pot. It works great for me. Whenever I've been out in a crowd, I cleanse with it that very evening.
Thelma, Waldo....too funny!
Well, I have writers cramp.... *giggle*
Later Gators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  2:53:44 PM  Show Profile
Hahahahaha rofl with tears running down. Judy, I love the idea of the little bag around my neck. Maybe I should attach a beeper thing, like what you use for your car too, for when I can’t find it. Hahahahah

Have a good night all. The Doc bought me a little sofa that’s going to fit in my dinky house perfectly and we are going to go unload it into my tiny living room. It’s in perfect condition except it’s really filthy. I have to figure out a way to clean it. Hmmmm. I wonder if you can use baking soda on leather, or pleather, I’m not sure which it is…

Night All, Hugs to each of you.

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  3:31:27 PM  Show Profile
Penny, I went, I looked, I am doing the happy dance for the person you chose...good job!!!!!!! I am not surprised that the rest of you love her as much as I do!!!!!

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  5:00:23 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I have found the notepad. Thankyou for the directions. Previously, I found these sticky notes but they were so narrow I
could not reasonably use them. Now the page is scrolling to the left and there seems to be no stopping it. When does it
go to the next line? Well, this is a good experiment. Maybe I am supposed to hit return instead of assuming that it will
do it all by itself.

I sure would like more unsupervised time. I really like having the children but it is hard to do some things when they are demanding that I show them or let them help. Especially Ross, but he is little only once. He is sick today. He has thrown up three times which is not a lot but enough to put him under the weather. We did have a two hour nap this afternoon together and he feels much better. He has kept down his supper and is now on the dreamland boat.

Kathryn I am glad you found your glasses. If I lose mine because the cat knocked them off the bedside table I call one of the children to come and look for me. They think I am daft.

Patty that is a great looking quail coop. I do get nervouse climbing on the roofs of my buildings. I am afraid I am going to slide off and break something.

A sugaring arch is like a woodstove with a rectangular pan set into it. The pan has baffles in it with little doors alternating on the ends of each baffle so as the water in the sap evaporates the emerging syrup moves through the little doors to the finishing side of the pan. The pan can be removed from the woodstove for cleaning.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  6:37:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh - Farmgirl of the Month? For real? .... I am crying. I am so moved. My hands are shaking. I love you all. Can't see thru the tears. Be back later. I love you gfs.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  8:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Congrats Darlys, you deserve it...you are such an inspiration to us all...love ya...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  04:07:38 AM  Show Profile
Penny great choice and Darlys my heartfelt congratulations. Have a great month!!

Hey, Hey, Look at us the Over 50s are the popular girls!! Two farmgirl of the months in a row! Now everyone is going to want to be one of us! (OK maybe not the "Over 30s). All kidding aside I feel so special to have "known" two FGOTMs! We are just the coolest! We may have to start "carding" prospective new members .... we can't just let ANYone in! Farmgirls are a clever bunch, they could color their hair (or would that be un-color their hair ... is there a gray shade available?) HaHaLOL

Seriously, I do feel fortunate to be a part of the "in crowd." Love ya girls ...

Glenda, I am so glad you have a date finally. Only two weeks. You have been waiting so long, does that mean any nervousness you may have had about undergoing surgery is passed? It isn't a little thing and your plan is especially ambitious. Of course, everyone has you surrounded in prayer and good energy. It's wise to be gathering all your items for your after surgery projects. You will be glad to be able to tinker once you have your creative itch back.

Holly, so glad to hear that you take advantage of Ross' naptime. You are such a busy lady with all your wonderful meals from scratch, what a lucky family you have. I think you single handedly started a pizza pocket craze across the US this last week!

So Happy Friday to all! I sure had a crumby afternoon yesterday .. got to spend it filling out forms to see yet another pain specialist. Washington state passed a new law that makes it more difficult to prescribe narcotics to patients. So my doctor had to refer me to a pain specialist to cover his bee-hind. Frustrating for me because the specialist has an eight page intake questionaire. It was quite intense, but the part that was sobering for me was just having to face how much I have slowed down and how much independence I have lost. I thought I was being very honest in my estimates of how much time I spent sitting, laying, "working", sleeping, walking and exercising. I thought it would be a good idea to see if my perception matched my husband's and also my daughter's perception (although she is not "at home" we are very close}.

According to both dh and dd, I had sugar-coated the situation. Sigh. Just really didn't want to face it ... thought I was kind of "hiding" the extent of my disability a bit better. (Why hide it? I don't know ... Pride, I suppose) Anyway, feeling a bit choked up telling you girls, very hard to admit. Thanks for listening. That's enough whining.

My appointment is Monday. Who knows? Maybe the doc will have a new idea that won't involve some of the side effects of narcotics and maybe I will get a bit more life out of life! Like I said, enough of that.

Kathryn thank goodness your dd has eagle eyes!! So glad you found your glasses. No more headaches from borrowed readers! Have a nice weekend, hon. I will look forward to your longer MOnday am post when you catch up with us again!! I'll miss you over the weekend.

Love, Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  04:38:34 AM  Show Profile
hi all--been awhile since i checked in. thanks to glenda for emailing me to see if everything was okay. all's well, just busy. looks like some new faces here--hi everybody. darlys--you ROCK. congratulations on getting the credit you deserve so richly. i am really happy for you. holly--hope the little one is feeling better. glenda--i see you will by having surgery--prayers sent for a smooth road all the way and a quick and completely successful recovery. marianne--taking a hard look at where you are is the first step to getting someplace better. good for you being brave and honest. pain doctors have a lot of tricks up their sleeves that regular family drs. don't. my cousin used to be the office manager for a pain doctor and we had a very long conversation about this one day. be as forthright as possible so you can get the best help possible. they can't treat what you hope you are--only what you really are.
i have embarked on a new creative adventure--mosaic. man is it FUN. first you get to go to thrift stores and buy gorgeous old plates for cheap. if they are chipped or dinged up, so much the better. then you come home and cut them up with wheeled glass cutters and nippers. then you puzzle the pieces of dishes, and anything else you have around that is fun (beach glass, stones, porcelain flowers that you cut off of other things--still haven't mastered this skill yet--jewelry, old keys, whatever) onto a birdhouse or tray or whatever surface you want. let it dry, put on rubber gloves and smoosh grout all over it, clean it off, polish it up and seal it. it has shopping, breaking, puzzling, playing in mud all combined!!!! what could be more fun??
yesterday at the goodwill i actually found some real neat things that i WONT be breaking up. there was a tiny little cup with the most beautifully painted little cherub like children on it for 50 cents. picked it up and on the bottom it said "original KEWPIE rose oneill, germany". so i snatched that up right away, only to find a plate as well for 1.00! then i found a wedgewood plate for 50 cents! and a bunch of gorgeous OLD chipped up plates and platters that will make beautiful mosaic material. got up to the register and it was 30% off on housewares--so my 50 cent kewpie cup cost me 35 cents, and the dollar plates cost me 70 cents! looked up the wedgewood plate online, and replacements sells it for 40 dollars!! as to the kewpie stuff--it is not in the best condition, the cup is chipped and the plate has a crack in the finish--but i still consider them a wonderful find. so that was a really fun day and it only cost me about 5 bucks!
have a great friday all! nice to be back to visit you all again. chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  05:32:56 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Darlys! FGOTM! You deserve it babe. I am so happy for you. What good news to know that our over 50's group has such great ladies in it.

Holly, thank you for the pretty birthday card and the tea. I am so enjoying my tea every evening. I am attempting to catch up on my reading material which somehow keeps growing.

Marianne, I am glad you will be seeing the pain doctor. Being a specialist he will probably have some additional treatments and medicines that may be helpful to you. When I was in pain I could not describe it well to my doctor because I had had it for a while and learned to deal with it so I underestimated how bad it was. It was good you had your DH and DD there to help you.

Glad to hear from you Chris. Your new project sounds like a lot of fun. Espedially getting to break those dishes and play in the "mud" and get messy. I like the goods buys you got at the thrift store too.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Hugs,

Nancy #2301

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  06:00:48 AM  Show Profile
congratulations Darlys! You do deserve being FGOTM - I love you !
kathy, my sister lives in Shawnee, OK and works in Oklahoma city. she misses Texas though she has lived there 7 years.
Chris, love the idea of mosaic - thought about it but never had the courage to try it. i am just happy canning now.
got to go to work!
hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  09:04:05 AM  Show Profile
Hey Marianne, that's 3 "Over 50's"gals as FGOTM...Me,Penny&Darlys! heeheehee We ROCK!!! *punches fist in air*
Holly, I use sticky notes. You can grab the edge of them holding down the curser and stretch them as wide as you want them. I leave them skinny myself so I can see more of the MJ pages in a bigger size. If I make it too small I can't see it even WITH my glasses! hahaaha
Hi Chris...glad you are back. Please put pics on here if you can of your cup/saucer and of the mozaic art. It sounds pretty.
We are awaiting a storm system coming in around 1pm, that is suppose to have high winds, thunder,lightening...the works. Not really looking forward to that.I will batton down the hatches and sit tight today.
Take care Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Mar 02 2012 09:12:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  10:18:28 AM  Show Profile
Quick this morning, will go back and catch up later.
Welcome back Chris, you are definitely an asset to this group and I am so glad to see you back here.
Judy, Soft Surroundings is a women's clothing catalog and online - beautiful quality things for those of us who are no longer 110 pounds and under 29. or even 49. The clothes are elegant and well made. their online outlet has some good deals.
Darlys, I'm pretty sure this means you have to take all of us (Literally, not Virtually) with you to Maui this year. Right girls? Yes, yes, the more I think about it, this must be what it is.

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  11:03:22 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone.

Kathryn, so glad you found your glasses. I can totally relate on not being able to afford new ones. I had the same pair for about 5 years. They were finally so bad I asked my mom to loan me money for new ones. Amazing how clear I can see without all the scratches.

Glenda, I really have to thank you for the notepad info. It makes it so much easier. I can't say how many times I have been typing away and just accedently touch a key and zip... everything gone.

Penny you picked the perfect person for FMOTM!

Darlys, congrads! You deserve it! You have been so supportive of me and I am very thankful.

Marianne, sorry you hve to go through so much to get the proper pain meds. But glad they are being careful. I know my mom is addicted to Vicoden. She won't admit it, but I just heard her on the phone getting a refill and I just got her pills a few weeks ago. She is in total denial and I can't rock the boat as I have no where else to live. She has always had an addictive personality.

Chris, Mosaic is fun. Just the shopping is fun. I did it years ago. But then I remarried and my new husband thought it was a stupid craft and hounded me to get rid of everything. I did, but I opened up a quilt shop to get back at him.

Getting new orders for my fabric. So I plan on spending the day in the basement adding more stuff to my website. I am also going to make a photo tent to do a better job at photographing stuff I have made. I have a few ladies asking about my crochet flowers and tea pouches. I have a basket of things I have made and I really need to make an effort to get them online.

My younger son told me my XFIL is doing better than he thought but still not good. He walks with a walker and is eating good. He mumbles when he talks and his memory is going. But he did know who Jesse was and was thrilled to see him. Earlier this week he went to the doctor to see what the problem was. He is a good man and always treated me good. We would laugh and joke all the time. He never bad mouthed me unlike my xMIL. My xMIL on the other hand hated me. I know because she pretty much told me she didn't like me from the beginning. Amazing but she is the only person in my life I can think of that doesn't like me.

Well, later for now.. of to my special space in the basement. The kitties will probably follow. Everything I make is kitty inspected for quality.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  12:35:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Girls! Well, yesterday, we had temps near 80; today we are in the 50’s. That’s what tortures the body! Still, it’s sunny, so it isn’t all bad.

Not functioning too well today, though; tired. I had 2 of the granddaughter overnight last night, enough said…lol I love them to death, but they wear me out.

Marianne, thanks for allowing for my extra long Monday posts; it’s good to be accepted for my long-windedness. Lol

Chris, we’ve never met, but…hi. Let me know what you think of doing mosaic. I’ve been thinking of doing some stepping stones, but have hesitated to take it on…

Jane: “it’s a small world, after all; it’s a small world after all; it’s a small world after all; it’s a small, small, small world” Oh, sorry! I live approximately 30 miles north of Shawnee, in Chandler. I go to Shawnee, quite frequently. How funny is that? I work in Prague, which southeast of Shawnee. I’ve been here since 2006. How far is it to Waco from here?

Holly, my kids KNOW I’m daft! *giggle, giggle*

Darlys! Darlys !Darlys! Yippiee! *leaping into the air; symbolically, of course.* Way to Go, DArlys. I’m sooooo happy for you. You deserve it. Oh, and, by the way, I got my package yesterday. I love it all, so much! Thank you, Thank you! My granddaughters were as excited as I was; they were oooohhhhing and awwwwwing with every thing I took out. :D

Bunny; you got that right.

Well, I’m babysitting this weekend; the whole weekend, so I might be able to check in with you all this weekend. How cool is that! That doesn’t mean you won’t get that long post on Monday, though. *giggle, giggle, giggle* Later girls! Love you!

Hugs!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  1:52:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh good grief! Nothing like being out of the loop....back tracked and realized the last post I did was on page 118!! Popped in a few times but you chatty cathies just keep racking up the pages. Reckon I'll just have to move forward! :)

Congrats to Darlys for achieving FMGOTM! And sorry I missed your month Penny!

Very belated thanx for all the wonderful b-day cards. I soo enjoyed them!

Welcome to all the newbies I have missed out on greeting!

FYI Peggy used to frequent this thread often...she too was FMGOTM....so looks like that makes 5 of you! Rah Rah Rah SIS Boom Bah!!

Gave up TV and sugar for Lent!! Gives me more time....see ya'll tomorrow! :)

You are all in my prayers even though I haven't been around!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  3:48:32 PM  Show Profile
Patty - That picture of you on the roof of the coop is priceless! Cell phone emergency! Glad you knew where it went and that you recovered it quickly. Gosh, I wish I had your stamina, your talent, your energy ... but then again, if I did, I would have to do something, instead of just admiring all the whirl around me.

Jainee -- Bursitis in both elbows & 1 knee? Sweetie ... we can still hang out in the markets ... hanging on to each other...laughing.

Nancy - you are such a day brightener! Thank you for calling. I'm sorry, but I can't share the lemonade recipe. I want to make everyone depend on me for that "refreshment."

Penny, I am so sorry you have been under the weather. Glad, though that you have been cheered by sisters sending love gifts your way. I understand Glenda now demands she get her fruity hat. The one your doll is wearing is suspiciously like the one I thought I put in Glenda's box. (Holly, you are silly and gifted!) The pendant from Patty is truly a keepsake. And love the eggs, too.

Marianne ... I will never tire of you mentioning the return of your DH. I've thought you all may tire of me mentioning the Cupertino to Oakhurst and back saga sometimes. But that is part and parcel of who we are, our lives, and what we are doing. What to say, if not that? And, 28 acres! Cool! We thought 2-1/2 was spacious! I'm sure your daughter is a comfort while your DH is away. I'm sorry she's going to be moving ... but happy for her future. And, Marianne, better you should get the help you need and deserve, than trying to be "strong." You'll BE strong - by getting the help you need and deserve. You know, you have to take good care of yourself, you never know when the world will need you.

Janiee - you and Patty wear me out. I probably will not get around to canning anytime soon - but it sounds like I should. How can one have 2 spacious homes and no place to stash the fruits of the canning process? My aunt had a little place out by a lake just outside of Duluth and there were plenty of cupboards and places to store jars filled with good stuff. My cousin still lives there.

Oh, Glenda, you asked about Penny "wearing" a blue bikini. Hard to know - since she was scandalously slipping out of it at every turn. Just like a 2 year old dropping the bath towel and streaking out of the house ... she would drop the towel, no bikini in sight, and away she'd go! I got new running shoes to try to keep her in check. She was pretty good at Grandma's party - although having the boys playing beach volleyball use her as the "ball" tossing her back and forth got a bit racy. When she finally got bored there, she was off dancing in a colorful, flimsy cover-up with some very appreciative "grandpas." Bikini? Well, I wonder where on earth she put it! GF, you SHOULD have been there! Even talk radio was featuring her antics! Oh my, did I just see Waldo parading around in a blue bikini?! Thelma?

I forgot to ask if you could connect the doilies your mom made and make a bed coverlet from them? Might be pretty.

Holly - been watching that winter weather move toward you. Brrrr. Stay cozy and warm, gf. Hot chocolate?

Just talked to my SIL in Alabama. She said a tornado went up the street just north of them. Said they get early warnings so anyone who isn't prepared isn't listening. Still .... gotta be scary. Also, have concern for Judy who has no appreciation for the nasty weather and hunkers down. I tend to watch the weather guessers whenever they are in the "hood" of my farm girlfriends. You take care and be safe, m'dears.

By the way, Judy, Soft Surroundings is a lovely catalog of clothes that flatter - well - every woman. Now, see I think I'm caught up and Glenda goes and posts ahead of me. Okay, okay --- but we don't go to Maui until late November this year. So, Penny has time to find a bikini that she likes well enough to keep on her body!

And remember, we have the road trip across the U.S. that Holly is organizing for us. That will take our energy for a bit.

I think I'm caught up but by the time I post there will probably be 6 more pages of news.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page