True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  10:37:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone

Winter decided to remind us it was still here. Started with rain, wind, snow, and then froze everything.
It was an interesting drive or should I say slide into work today.

Nancy love the pillwo. It is always fun to get things for your birthday.

Thelma I had to laugh. I have had that happen. My sour dough bread never rose. The next day I used the same sour dough starter and it worked just fine. Go figure. I guess it needed one more day to get sour enough to work.

Zone 5/6 here in my part of Idaho.

My DD and her boyfriend took my DH and I out to dinner last night. We ment my youngest DS and DIL at the restaurant. It was lotsof fun.

I will try and put the pictures of what my two DDs did to my car for Valentines day. It made me laugh.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  11:47:24 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies;

I've been playing catch up and I have to say that its just wonderful the way you all encourage each other. I never had sisters growing up; I've had friends who have though, and they couldn't stand their sisters until they were grown women, when they became the best of friends. I'm glad I now have sisters, but I'm happy too, that I never had to go through the "can't stand them" stage. Hahaha

Well, old man winter has not been able to decide if he is going to visit us here In Ok or not. We had a light dusting of snow back in early January, but nothing but little cold snaps since. You know, a day here, a day there, with mostly 60's and 70's in between. This last Sunday we got about an inch of snow and Monday morning we woke up to freezing fog. Its been in the the fifties since and today its raining. We have a call for snow and lots of it next week. This up and down thing is playing havoc with my body. *grump, grump, grump*

Thanks Judy, for the BD wishes; same back at you for yours. Your right, we have to be "hotties" I was born during a major blizzard, so if I wasn't a "hottie" I definitely would have frozen. lol I like the table idea too; I have a few pots left (my son-in-law got rid of some) at my daughters. The stool sounds cool too. It reminds me of when I was taking piano lessons as a kid. I'm going to be looking for one or maybe even two; one for inside and one for the outside. That way I don't have to keep moving it in and out.

Holly, I hope all your "big plans" come to fruition. I have some of my own this year and I'm so excited about them. I have this good-sized deck, but it has no railing, just the uprights. I'm so afraid the grandbabies are going to fall off. So here are my big plans: I know a lady who says she has a lot of pallets she said I could have. The shed next door (I used to live there and no one has lived there now for a couple years and there was some stuff left behind in the shed) there are several drawers...So, I thought I could use a couple of the pallets, broken down, to re-enforce the drawer bottoms, then attach them to the other pallets and attach that to my deck uprights. Voila! something to grow in and a railing to protect the kiddos. What do you think? All I would nee to buy is some white paint to make it look nice, someone to haul the pallets and help me put them together...simple and almost free. Oh and the soil to put in them, hmmmm. I have to think about that one. I'm getting close, though, wouldn't you say? lol

Nancy, I would have to agree with you about the cooking. I've always loved to cook, but cooking for my kids when they were young seemed like such a chore, sometimes. I much prefer to cook for them now; they are so much more appreciative. I like to cook for my friends, too. They love my food so much that it makes it a joy and worth so the pain it causes my body. I just like to feed people; that's what I do. I love that pillow, by the way.

Darlys...Chinese food? I'm so jealous! Haha

Dianne; I can't wait to meet you! I live off the old Route 66! There's a Route 66 museum in town, if you're into museums and you know what? I've never been in there. Now that's funny! Hmmmm. There's also a "cowboy museum" in the city; OK City, that is.

Penny, don't get down on yourself; you will beat this! I just know it! Don't give up, ok? Like Thelma, my hangup is the over eating thing. My son was visiting the last couple of days and boy, did I overeat. I do pretty good most of the time, but all it takes is a visit or a trauma and there I am, stuffing my face. I pay for it later, that's for sure; being sick and beating myself up for it, too. We all take steps backwards, now and again, don't worry about it, just keep trying. You're a winner in my book!

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  1:23:18 PM  Show Profile
I JUST MADE MY FIRST DOTEE DOLL! THESE THINGS ARE SO CUTE, NOT TO MENTION ADDICTING. I ACTUALLY STARTED AND FINISHED A PROJECT IN ONE DAY - WOOOO HOOOO FOR ME! I must make each of my granddaughters one of these for their rooms, their birthdays are both coming up. A nice way to celebrate their personalities. I challange my farm sisters to try makig one that represents you.

Diane - what wonderful kids you have! The decorated car is so fun and the 'heart attacked' message - way to cute.

Kathryn - I really like your deck idea. The last house we lived in had no railing. I was always worried about children, elderly, and drunks taking a nose dive off the thing. I hope your plan works out. I never would have thought of incorporating planters from old drawers. Mary Jane would be so proud of you!

Penny - how is your nonsmoking plan going today? I have eaten 4 slices of bread otherwise I'm ok, evenings are my eating times. Ouch

Breaks over Going back to the sewing room to cut out a fleece jacket. taa taa

Edited by - Thelma on Feb 15 2012 1:26:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  1:41:10 PM  Show Profile
Ok. I have to ask. What is the "Dotee Doll" and are the instructions on this thread? I got the drawer Idea from pininterest or whatever its called. I've only been there once... I just have a couple details to work out and I can get going on it...I've got my fingers crossed...

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  2:02:03 PM  Show Profile
Kathryn, go to page 184 of over fifty chats. You will see a post from someone who made one. then go down until you come to a post from Ruby V. She has given us a web address, just click right there. It is full of pictures. You can also just google dotee dolls. Have fun! I didn't use directions I just kept going until my dotee was born

Edited by - Thelma on Feb 15 2012 2:03:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  2:15:11 PM  Show Profile
hi everybody, a quick note - this computer hates me - keeps playing tricks like jumping back to a different sentence--not my computer -
I saw doctor #2 yesterday and scheduled to see doc #3 on monday so surely they will finally set a date to get me fixed up,
girlfriends, your prayers for my brother are working--CT scan shows the tumor is shrinking and he has gained several pounds little over 100 lbs now and the diarrhea is better and he is able to swallow a little. this is a miracle - due to your prayers without a doubt.

I have heard the average smoker quits 15 times before finally kicking the habit.
Talked to Darlys yesterday and yes i did get a giggle or 2 out of her. she refuses to complain but i know this is a rough time for her.
I have been so scatterbrained lately I know I have missed some things I wanted to comment on. Somebody asked me about Midland TX or maybe I dreamed it--but midland is several hours away from where i am--out there where the landscape is flat and ugly.
Due to all the drama going on in my family right now I was only able to go to my place out in Mason Sat and come back Sun - so when i picked up my mail there were a couple of notes that I had something with postage due but they were closed and whatever it is may be returned before I am able to go back on a weekday--if it was from a farmgirl sister please dont think i refused it but just had no way to get it
I am going to close now before I start using my special words on this ***&##!! computer

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  4:36:18 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I read somewhere sometime ago (how is that for being specific) a note about each day being a new day to start. The story was about disting but I use it for anything that is hard for me to do . It does not mean that I do not get down on mysself sometimes but when I dig my head out of whatever dark place I have put it in Ican start again and know that succdess is possible.

When I write here it does seem like I do a lot but it is a condensed telling. Some days it seems I run myself ragged but most days I do try to make time each day to do something for me that is fun. I do enjoy building so I do not think of it as a chore. If someone watched me she might think I wandered around dabbling all day. I think that is the undiagnosed ADHD in me. Wander focus wander focus.

I live in zone 4. Sometimes it is zone three but mostly 4. We have our last frost of the year later than those in the valley only a half mile down our road. We sometimes have no frost when they are hit hard. On the other hand in the winter, fall and spring we often get snow when no one else in the surrounding ten miles gets any. I think our frosts are later because our fields are wetter and hold the heat.

I think farm coop is a great idea. If you are worried about friends not being friends or squabbles causing you to lose your work then write down an agreement. I would suggest mostly talking so you can find out each others peeves that might cause annoyances. Will the shared area be near their residence? If so are there times when no one should be there for them to hear. I know when we have a logger on our property there are times when I do not want to hear their saw. Discuss how much money people expect to or do not want to put into the project. If you and you dh have the energy to put in fruit trees but the payoff for them is years down the road who would pay for them. Should you start a fund that each family contributes a specified amount each month and then the families get together and decide what the accumulation will be spent for? I suggested each month because then the amount would be smaller than once a year.

I think the pallet idea for railings is great. and the drawers for planters clever. drill holes in the bottoms so the water drains out. I am forever over watering. I used lattice work on our railings to keep the littles in.

Every now and again one of our cats leaves just a head and the gall bladder as a gift from its catch. Sometimes when we ahve a new kitten one of the older cats will bring in a half dead mouse and give it to the kitten to practice on.

Glenda I hope the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter for you. Soon all of this nastiness will be behind you

Bunny here is a website I read in a magazine for women over 50 who are low income for scholarships for education. www.aarp.org/womensscholarship or call 202-434-2110 deadline is March 30.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  5:29:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! The pillow CJ made is beautiful! The windshield valentines are adorable. Thelma, please show us your Dotee doll! Bunny, my daughter sells handmade crochet items on etsy and she has no problems getting fair prices. People see quality. And a lot of still would prefer to try and buy from within the country vs/ overseas. Besides, yours are GORGEOUS!

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/

Edited by - CountryKim on Feb 15 2012 5:31:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  07:08:17 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, everyone is commenting on your lovely Florida pillow. Did you make the valentine quilt it sits on? I would like to see more of the quilt too.

Holly you are a wise one. I too get more done when I putze around than when I plan out my day. I get the have-to do's out of the way and then do my own thing. I think age plays a part in my enjoyment of things. My attitude is different. Retirement is for reinventing yourself and I certainly am doing that. giggle

Kim, I'll send pictures as soon as I get my quilt back. computer needs to go back in for some more adjustments. Believe it or not I can't turn on the sound or store favorites. I am getting tired of typing in every address of the sites I want to use.

I have made a decission and I need you chicks to talk some sense into me. This coming Wednesday I am returning to Weight Watchers. I know. I know. Just last week I sort of put the program down, but I need to be held to a goal oriented program. I need to be responsible. I went to the basement a few minutes ago to exercise. I was only able to use my elipitical for 10 minutes. I had to take a break after the first 5 minutes. OUCH!

I am off with hubby for the day, We are going to pick up an order for Pheasants Forever, take in a quilt shop I have never been to, hit a few gently used shops, and deliver the quilt to my quilter. TAA - TAA
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  09:44:55 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone

Kathryn The railing sounds fun. Free or almost free is a good thing.

Glenda Praise God! I will keep banging on the gates of heaven for your brother! (Also known as praying)

Holly thanks for the wisdom on the farm coop. The fruit trees are already on the property and have been for about 4 years. They just need pruning really bad. We are talking but I had not thought of some of the things you mentioned. Thanks

We were supose to leave Friday morning to head to Arco ID to help my DIL out. My DS just called and said he will be home no later than Tuesday so not to come up. I asked if she and the Gkids would be fine till then and he said yes. The car was fine for around town but not to go out of town. He would fix it when he got home.
Now we get to decide if we want to take the day off as scheduled or go ahead and go to work. I texted Dh and I am waiting for him to call so we can decide.

Now I am kind of bummed:( I was looking forward to time with Dh and a pretty drive and of course quilt shops.

Dianne (ID
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  10:22:46 AM  Show Profile
Really like that pillow. Great work CJ(as usual).
Diane, your DD's are very creative. That's so weet!
Bunny, too funny about the mouse...gotta love those loving,thoughtful Kitties!lol
Kathryn, I never understood kids who said they couldn't stand their siblings.I only had the one sister,so we were never hateful. We had out dissagreements and pony tail pulling moments, but we got over it. lol
As soon as you said you had a deck with no railing,I thought,cool,build a raining with planter boxes on top.Do farmgals think alike or what!/? lol It's great that you have most supplies handy. I'm green with envy! *giggle*
Glenda, I have tears of Joy&Praise in my eyes hearing about your brother. I'm so glad that the docs were wrong about him. Praise God from Whom ALL Blessings Flow!!!
Thelma,You can do it Girl, and we are here to Inspire you(or give you a virtual kick in the butt),whichever you need most! How's that for an offer? hahaha
Dianne,I hope you and your hubby just took the day off and drove somewhere and spent it together. Sometimes we just need that! Ya know?
Well, I'm "Off." But you already knew THAT didn't you! hahaha Byeeeeee.....

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  11:32:28 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Judy, I think we all do think alike; we're all here, aren't we. I still have a couple issues to work out with the "railing", but I'm excited and anxious to get started. Then again, I get this way every year about this time; just itching to get my hands dirty. I just love the feel of warm, rich soil coming up between my fingers. Oooh, I just gave myself chills.

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  11:46:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all you wise bananas girlfriends,
Finally, after a couple of days of computer problems, I figured out what was wrong. I'm back on my own computer, which understands me.

Nancy, I got the doll yesterday, last night actually, and I LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much - I never get handmade things because I give them, and this might be the first hand made thing I ever got from anyone other than my mom. Of course, Ed didn't get the doll thing at all, and I have some funny pics if I can figure out how to get them off the smartphone on to the computer and then upload. but,Don't hold your breath.

Anyway, yesterday I finally had a good day of not feeling bad, my stomach did not hurt all day so Ed took me for a belated
Valentine dinner, as day before yesterday I felt really awful, had the urologist appointment, was grumpy, ..........

Also, I finally have got a space set up here at Eds where I can actually get out my paperwork and computer, so I can leave it out and no one else uses the room. He has a 3 story townhouse in downtown Austin, but the 3rd floor is one room, with mostly windows, kind of a sunroom, I guess. He never uses it so I can use it to kind of make a mess which I am prone to do, while he is so nit-picky about everything looking pristine all the time. If I can get the pics to upload you will see his living room which looks like a showroom or art gallery.

I have some catching up to do, so if you have a busy day, you might want to save this post for some other time.

Penny, how is that darling little baby girl, GiGI?I don't think you have mentioned her in recent posts. My mother named me Glenda Gay so I was sometimes called GiGi. Then I married a man with the last name of May, so Glenda Gay May got me a lot of teasing, so I dropped the middle name completely.
Janie, did you get snow in Waco Sunday? I got some big beautiful fluffy snowflakes, not sleet which is usually what we get. It
didn't last long but my GD Meigan sure loved it. She's rarely seen snow. I have pics of that too. I am working on a blog so
probably I should just put all the pics on that but right now no one can find it, I have trouble finding it. Going to be a big
learning curve I can tell.
Thelma, I have enjoyed the pics you have posted of your quilts, you are one talented lady. Also Lily Lou looks a little like my
dog, Penny. She had that name when I got her. Ed took a pic of me and Nancy's doll and the girls, Penny and Lola were on my lap and it is a good pic of them but you can barely see the doll, but at least you can see my beloved furbabies. Ed is not gifted when it comes to cameras. I am lucky when he takes a pic if it is of anything other than his finger. Actually I am lucky he puts up with me....
Thelma, thank you for your beautiful prayers. And all of you---I've already told you that my brother is actually improving, even
his doctors are surprised. Huge, huge blessing!!!!! MEGA HUGS to all of you!!!!
Penny, thank you for sharing the New Year prayer (ya, I'm way behind on reading all the posts)
Holly, I wish I could have gone on that trip - you sure did a great job of organizing it and everyone had so much fun. I am
wondering if Darling Darlys would share that lemonade recipe. Some days I could sure use it.
I have to tell a funny. My urologist (whom I had never seen before, was about my daughter's age) was going over my chart and
asking, do you smoke (no) do you drink (no) and then I added, "I don't smoke, drink, or do any drugs" and she said "Well, you are really boring, aren't you" and I replied (in a hopeful tone) "Well, I do swear a little bit, does that count?" We both had a good laugh.
Do we have some farmgirls missing in action? Did you leave Oggie/Ginny and Clumboy/Chris in Rio??
Patty, I have sure appreciated your words of encouragement to me in your emails, and I enjoy your facebook page.
Bunny, I am reading way back about your wanting to live on a farm but having financial constraints. I have a farm which I have a hard time keeping up with - wish you were here to help me with some of the work and we could both enjoy it and have time to craft, too. I have a guesthouse of sorts, it is attached to the house but has it's own private entrance and deck to enjoy the view, however, it needs a little kitchen added and needs new paint/etc. which I can't seem to find time to do. Maybe this year. I am going to post before and after pics on my blog. Have such big plans as soon as I can get well and my brother gets well.
Holly, you should consider doing a blog to record your interesting life and beautiful place in the world.
Well, on page 173 I see I missed the "dip and bend" move, and I also see where you girls had to get an additional trunk to get
home? Really!!!! Was it all the shopping, or all the EATING AND DRINKING?? Altho the wild and crazy dancing should have burned off all the calories. I never get to have any fun, whine,whine!!
Gosh, so many new names - welcome everybody!! yes we are wise and we are also bananas..because we finally know it is
okay...and......most of us are old enough to wear purple. I decided to let my hair down literally, that is, grow it long, against my mother's wishes and even Ed....but its my hair and if I choose to look like an old hippie, I will. And cuss a lttle too, if I feel like it. But, I draw the line at spitting on the sidewalk, Darlys.......
Holly, I am now back at the page where you posted that HUGE house. Please send another photograph in the spring, and summer and
fall. Judy I just read your shoe story from page 176---wow, girl, you're just a mess from head to toe, what with the shoes and now the glasses!!!! But what would we expect from someone who gets a kick 0ut of knawing on giant icicles. All I have to say is, you better not ever leave this forum or I will come looking for you -
Bunny, I just looked at the crocheted flower you posted on page 177 - wow- its beautiful I would like to be able to do that. The way you did the edges - how did you do that - wondering if that technique could be somehow incorporated into a dottie doll? Maybe a hat? Oh, a thought---do you suppose you could do a really big one and make it into a big people hat? You know I am crazy for hats. Dianne, I hope you are doing well and whatever trials and tribulations you have been going through are long past. Belated blessings to you, my sweet friend.
Penny, love, love the crocheted bear for little GiGi. you are one talented lady. I can not tell you how much your prayers and
words have meant to me.
Doreen, what is a Athenian Salad?? Greek? I don't comment much on food because thinking of it makes me want to eat, but this one got me---I was a foodie for a long time but never heard of this. I used to live to eat but now I eat to live.
Okay, now about Darlys post at the bottom of page 178. Ditto what she said about welcome to all the new ladies....she also picked up on the fact that we are wise and also bananas. Loosely translated I think that means we use our sense of humor to get us over all the rough patches, we are no longer young and foolish enough to think there won't be any. we know we will have our share, and we just hold hands and get through them, laughing all the way. And, Darlys, the big colorful hat??? How did I miss that? I guess I got so excited about the pool boys I didn't dig all the way to the bottom of the box.

Betty, I know I missed your birthday, along with several others, but I will catch up when I can. In the meantime, please know my thoughts, prayers, and my love are with you all.
Patty, I just don't know how on earth you do all that you do. Makes me tired just thinking about all that, the amazing ideas,
food, projects, etc. You, rock, girlfriend!!
Judy and Penny congrats again on FGOTM. You both deserve it.
I have really appreciated the cards you girls have sent to me. You have no idea. And, Nancy, I love that doll so much I feel like I'm 6 years old again.
Holly, I copied your bread recipes, and also Patty's. thanks again.
Kim from Pflugerville, pg 183, my son lives in Hawaii so I've been there several times, next time I'll put you in my suitcase. Becky, congrats on new grandbaby Madison Jean....what fun you are going to have.
Holly, I am glad to finally know how you heat your great big beautiful home. Makes perfect sense the way you have done it. I was thinking it would take more wood than you could cut if you used only wood, and cost way too much fuel, so the combination is the only way to do it.
Well, I got to 187 and I think I've read those through where we are today. I never did find the comment about Midland Texas so I must have dreamed it. I did find a few things I had missed.
Regarding the wheels on the chicken tractors, the thing I don't get is how, after you have moved it, do the wheels not hold it up off the ground so the chickens can crawl under and get out. Obviously I still have a lot of research to do. Maybe wheels put on boards like dollies and then remove them, but I don't think I will be lifing anything for a while.
Patty the pic of Jake and John is precious.....btw, how is Jake doing now?
Nancy the pillow is georgeous--I'm glad photo is big - details show up much better.
Thelma, my place in Mason is zone 8 and I think Austin is 9. Only about 100 miles away. Our first frost is usually around Thanksgiving, and last mid to late March, but we get some warm weather before that, so we can plant early and cover up for late frosts. I love all the crazy mouse stories. We have 190 + pages of a good novel here with a little tweaking.

Sorry to take up so much space here but I had some catching up to do and yesterday and today are the first times I have felt like myself in a while. I took pics of Ed holding the dotee doll Nancy sent, but I fussed at him for holding it like a dead mouse (speaking of mice), then we got a couple more and got so tickled over the whole thing, I hope I can get those pics posted so maybe some of you will get a giggle or two out of it.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 16 2012 2:20:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  12:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hope ya'll got to celebrate Valentine's Day the way you wanted. We stayed in that day because we knew bad weather was imminent. So, we ate out the day before while running other errands.

thanks to thelma and jan for sending me those cute cards, they made my day. :):)

Loved the kitty/mousey story: we had a cat that wanted praise, which we lavished on him, for catching every mouse, then he would eat it.

CJ: Love your needlework, must have been doing it for a long time, your stitches are so nice. :)

Dianne: love the "heart attack" way they showed you their love. :)

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)

Edited by - craftbug on Feb 16 2012 7:41:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  12:34:58 PM  Show Profile
ED AND DOTTIE

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  12:36:31 PM  Show Profile
dottie,lola,penny,glenda

Only Ed could make me and my babies appear upright while piano and lamp in background appear to be sliding into a sink hole or something.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 16 2012 12:45:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  12:54:09 PM  Show Profile
Dottie close-up. Didn't Nancy do a great job!

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  1:06:25 PM  Show Profile
I know I am hogging all the space today, but I'm on a roll............I wanted you to see Ed finally
beginning to bond with dottie,
then my sweetheart Meigan on my back porch this past Sunday,
then the strawberries in the pot.
Ok, I'm going to let somebody else have a turn. love you gals.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 16 2012 1:16:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  1:47:49 PM  Show Profile
Glenda what gorgeous photos of you, Ed, dottee doll and your granddaughter! Thanks for sharing, no worries about how many photos you posted...everybody loves to see them. Ed's place is very pretty and he does look like he keeps himself and things pretty neat.

Hope you continue to feel better
Marianne

Edited by - rough start farmgirl on Feb 16 2012 3:04:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  2:55:53 PM  Show Profile
Glenda, you sound so chipper! I'm glad you and your brother are doing better. Strawberries in February! Wow! Your granddaughter is beautiful. I think I'm going to have to try making a dottee doll this weekend...they are just too cute. I hope you continue to feel better; I'll be praying that you get better and better everyday. HUGS!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  4:18:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh glenda I love your posts and pictures. You are a beautiful lady on the inside and on the outside. Your dogs are real cuties.. Is one of them a Shiz tu? Lily is a minature. Hello to Ed. I am gad he is gettig along with Dotee. (I have seen dotee spelled several different ways - how is it really spelled?) Strawberries!!!!! I can hardly wait. June is strawberry month in zone 4 so I have a long wait don't I? giggle Do you have rhubarb in Texas? Glad you have had a good day today!

Hello Patsy and Marianne. Its good hearing from you. Diane, I hope you and your hubby dicided to take tomorrow off. Darwin and I went bumbing today. The weather was so nice and when we are in the truck together we take more time to visit than when we are home. I went to a new quilt shop. The building was built during WWII. It was a processing center for honey. Interesting history and a nice shop with friendly workers. I got a bargain too - I purchased Elenore Burns Barn quilts book for $17.00 dollars. Not bad for a $30.00 dollar book - and yes - I will be making her large quilt with a few of my own ideas added for good measure. I have been planning this quilt in my mind for almost a year. Well taa taa for now. (eating wasn't bad today just have to get through evening now. I'll play with my Dotee doll instead of eating giggle)

Edited by - Thelma on Feb 16 2012 4:21:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  4:29:27 PM  Show Profile
OK...first thing...I'm zone 5 but we buy zone 4 plants!
Penny&Holly, Mama said Thank Yuns for the letters and she is going to answer them, but she's been sick and hasn't been writing lately. She got a terrible cold/virus/chesty-congesty,soupy thang going on. Poor lady!
I love all the pics Glenda of your sweeties,the doll&the plant.I love Ed's face while Dotee is on his shoulder, like it might just bite him.hahaha Thanks for sharing!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  5:06:11 PM  Show Profile
Glenda, awesome photos!!!

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  5:22:55 PM  Show Profile
thanks everybody for your sweet compliments and kind words. Thelma you know I can barely spell my own name--without spellcheck I'm lost as a goose. Somebody on here teaches school--is it you? cringing? they have everything on here to edit except spell check. I've got to have a talk with MJ
Judy--true confession---- the only way I could convince Ed to pose with Dottie (that's what I named her) was to convince him his picture was going to be seen by thousands of women. hahahaha

oh, Thelma, I decided to look it up and yes it is dotee, but now the question becomes, how do you pronounce it? Dot as in dottie or Dot as in DoDo Bird. and is the accent on Do or Tee? That's where I always get into trouble, being from Texas. Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 16 2012 5:46:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  5:51:25 PM  Show Profile
Dianne, thank you for your prayers. Keep banging away please. love ya,

Glenda #3534