herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  7:27:43 PM  Show Profile
WOW! Love the pic of the truck! I love old trucks!Daddy had an old international shaped like that. Don't really know the year, but he painted it chocolate brown. I loved that truck. Felt like "Queenie" riding around in it. Wasn't I a silly pre-teen. LOL
Yep! That thar Birthday snuck right up on me too, Darlys. This has to be the first year that it's done that. Must be because I've been so pre-occupied with other things.
Don't ya just love newborn calves...so sweet&soft, innocent, trusting, yet a little jittery.Love his 4 white legs. Interesting markings.
Coco sure is beautiful! I like that unusual face.
Well we had wind(surprise)not...and snow today. Not even an inch though. We'll see if we get anymore tonight.
I sent Ms.Betty a couple of my e-cards. Has anybody heard from her lately. It's been awhile, hasn't it? HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETTY...if you're reading these!Hope you're ok Girl!
Well I'm off to bed. Nighty-nite!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  09:07:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've been on the post due to computer problems for one and the month of January was full of getting things ready for my hubby's installation of Master of his Masonic Lodge. His niece came out from Branson, MO for the ceremony and she was with us for five days. Enjoyable to be sure but an extra person at this time just added to the situation. We enjoyed her visit though and plan on visiting her maybe in the fall when hubby goes to his college reunion at OK Wesleyan. Branson is only four hours from there.

I have also taken over the newsletter for the lodge which comes out once a month but I had to do two this month as the man that was doing it wasn't able to get out his last one due to illness. It's all in the past now, all went well and it's onward and forward. I don't have to have the next one ready for print until the 20th of the month.

I want to thank everyone for their birthday cards. I was so surprised and happy to receive them. I enjoyed the e-card Judy and had a cup of tea with the packet I received from Nancy. All my children but one called to wish me Happy Birthday but one son and must be out of the country which he does quite frequently. My hubby gave me a new chair to use at the computer and it's very nice.

The one bad note was I have been trying to locate two of my grandchildren. My duaghter in law moved and left no forwarding address when her and my son separated. I must have located her as her father put on facebook yesterday for me to leave it be. It so infuriated me that I went public with it so all his friends and relatives can see what a jerk he is. I also told him that the state of CA says grandparents have rights and if I have to go that route I will. She kicked my son out when she decided she wanted to live with her lesbian friend. That's fine but I guess daddy doesn't know the truth, the whole truth. He said my son wasn't paying his resposibilities but again that's a lie. The state of CA is taking money out of his paycheck for their care when he's working. He just had a second surgery so it will be another 12 weeks before he can go back to work.

To this note I will change my train of thoughts and wish that everyone is making it through the winter all right. It is mild here although we had a bad wind storm the day of installation that caused a bit of damage here not to mention it ruined a $30 hairdo. My prayers are with those in need. I pray for good health and happiness for everyone this year. I'll pop in from time to time if I can't make it every day. Thanks again for my birthday wishes, Betty
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  4:13:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Glenda I am glad you popped on long enough for an update. I have been praying for your brother and will continue too. I will also add you to the list for healing as well as strength. Know that you are special and I will be praying for you and you family.

Penny such a cute baby and the bear is wonderful.

Doreen I don't think I have heard or seen a hot rock message. Where did he get it or them?

Welcome Joan we are a wonderful group. Just ask us! LOL

Linda glad you made it back.

Patty your dinner sounds wonderful and so does the deer. I have never had deer bolonga. Have to metion it to DH.

Holly what breed of cows are they? They look kind of like holstines but not quit. Calfs are always so cute and mama cows seem to drop them in the oddest places.

Darlys I will share a little latter. I shared with they porch group and have greatly encouraged me. I know that you all are there for me and for now that is enough. Odd how people I have never met face to face pray more and care more about me and for me than the people who are suppose to.

I had to drive north yesterday to get my snow fix. DH and I went for a nice quiet drive. It was good to relax and watch all the beautiful sceanery go by. Sometimes you just need to change your point of view.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  6:11:42 PM  Show Profile
Betty Hiiiiiiii......THERE you are!!! Good to hear from you!!!
I received two beautiful Birthday cards from you gals today. One had Zinnia seeds in it and one had an Eggnog Teabag in it!
Thank you soooo much girls! My sister sent me one too with a home-made CD in it that my Nephew made. He plays piano and guitar beautifully. My Birthday isn't for a couple of days, but.....LET THE FUN BEGIN!!! *weeeeeeeee* TYTYTY!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  7:08:48 PM  Show Profile
Good evening. Gosh, the weekend was busy, and the week will be just as well. Today I took hubby to my folks and he rode out to Ohio with them to get the old car. We made our deal, and the chicken equipment is now mine. :) Mom and dad are on their way home, but hubby will stay a few days. I took off and went to Habitat for Humanity ReStore today and bought a wood screen door for $10, a small window for the quail coop I am building for $2 and a kitchen wall cabinet for $10. I put a base on what was the top of the wall cabinet and 4 casters. I flipped it over, so now the handles are on the top of the door instead of the bottom. I put a 1x12 on what is now the top and built a box with 2x2's and another 1x12. I hinged the top 1x12. Now I have a little storage place for notions and threads of spools. I put a ironing board cover on the top creating an ironing board. Now, it will roll around in my sewing room. It fits in the narrow space behind the door, and gives me additional storage. I will paint it later this week and make it more appealing, but right now it is great!

Holly- The calf and her mama are beautiful. First batch of quail eggs did not hatch. :( I am thinking they were not fertile. I hope the next 92 will hatch. My aunt and uncle are worried about the batch of eggs that they just set. I'll get more soon.

Betty- Good to see you on here. :) Will say a prayer for you and your grandchildren. I have walked in those shoes with my husbands grandchildren. We have not seen 3 of his grandchildren for almost 3 years. Sad, that families can act this way. It all depends on who is holding the cards, and those are usually greedy and wicked. And sad that the "cards" are usually the children.

Dianne- We care! and we will for sure say a prayer for you.

Well, off to move my new ironing board into my sewing room! Have a great evening.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Jan 30 2012 7:10:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  05:48:11 AM  Show Profile
Good morning.

Holly The calf is adorable. So sweet to see her and her mama. What kind of cows are they?

Betty I will pray for you and your situation with your grandchildren. I am from CA and haven't seen my son's children for 16 years. I have not pursued the situation and just let it be. I will wait until they are 18 and of adult age when I can perhaps have a relationship with them as adults. My DIL is not a nice person and has also kept them from seeing my DD girls.
So I will pray that things will go much better for you and that California law will work for you as in your case, I would definitly persue it. So sad that the children must suffer.

Patty I love that truck. It is so great. Love the color and that grill is magnificent. I just love anything from the 40's I guess. Those old cars and trucks are so great!

Your dinner sounds yummy. I haven't made stuffed peppers in a while. We grew peppers this summer and gave a lot away to our neighbors and friends. Oh, they were so good.

I really like your ironing board. It is very clever how you have it with the cupboard on the bottom. You are so good at making things. If I had more room in my sewing room I could have one similar to that. What a good idea to motivate me to get rid of some of my stuff. LOL

Today I have my sewing group. I am working on the quilt for my bed. I put this one together so fast. It is just 8" squares and queen sized. I am just putting the border on today and then it will be ready to be quilted. I am also going to be making an apron for one of the swaps. Over the weekend my DH and I finally bought a LED smart TV. We have been shopping for many, many months. He is Mr. Slow and Sure when he makes a purchase. I am used to it and just go along after all these years. I have lots of patience as he studies all the different brands and talks to all the sales people. All the sales people in the TV dept. knew us and we had a good laugh when we bought it at last. We had an offer we couldn't resist. I have been running our old TV we have now from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day for 3 years and it is still going.

Hugs,

Nancy

Farmgirl Sister #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  05:54:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh I wanted to share that my DD, Linda and GD, Kristen ran the Tinkerbell Half Marathon at Disneyland on Sunday completed the 13 miles. I am so proud both of them. My DD is going to be 51 on Feb 26th. She has worked so hard. My GD has scoliosis and had a rod put in her lower back when whe was 13. She still has some scoliosis in her upper back although it is mild. They recieved Tinkerbell medals. :)

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  07:29:08 AM  Show Profile
nancy, great to hear about your dd and gd's run. what a wonderful way to share..
welcome to the new girls, get ready to have some fun - this group will keep you laughing.
i don't get to wear my feathers much here in waco, texas so i am starting to miss Rio. and dianne, i have had to break out the arthritis medicine to practice your moves! way to go girl!
got to get back to work,

love to all
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  09:57:16 AM  Show Profile
Patty, great job...I love the convenience you've created for yourself.....SUPER, Girlfriend!!!
Nancy, loved your TV story. Your Hubby is too cute! And Bless you for your patience Girl! LOL
We have sun, (WIND)and 57 today. So THIS is winter, huh? hmmmmm......

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 07 2012 3:43:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  4:17:35 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Coco is a holstein jersey cross. She is the first calf from her mother. The dairy farmer we purchased her from cross breeds first calfs. He says they settle better. Coco's first calf Estee looked more jersey. Gershwin's sire was a belted Galloway. That is the main reason he sort of has a belt around his middle. The holstein from his mother extends the belt to his back legs. He has the holstein heart on his face that his mother does not. His full brother from last year does not have a full belt and has a solid black face. He is more than a bit bent out of shape that his mother is paying attention to someone besides him. Gershwin is a voracios nurser. Coco had mastitis last summer in her front right quarter. I was worried when I could not milk it out well these last few days but now that he has figured out where his meals come from he is cleaning out the quarter pretty well. He does not yet drain it because he is too small yet but he does not avoid it either. I was surprised and glad when I went down yesterday morning and the quarter was smaller and clearly had been bumped and nursed.

Patty that is a great cabinet. You are very clever. I looked up the recipe for tortelini in the Joy of Cooking. what do you put in the middle? How many do you make at a sitting? the cookbook talked about dry fillings of cheese or meat. I thought I might try it one of these days.

I made potato bread today. The recipe makes three loaves. With one lump I made rolls. With another lump I made cinnamon raisin bread and with the third I made a plain loaf of bread. The rolls we had with the spaghetti for summer. Just a little starch with our starch.

Iwill not be going to see War Horse. I do not like movies that are blood and gore. I have too vivid an imagination. History cycles unless we humans can figure out a better way to live with each other. The events of that movie could happen again.

So that is my two cents for page 179. I wrote twice the night before last and lost both notes. I am sure I was more lucid in those posts about more subjects.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  4:36:58 PM  Show Profile
Holly, did you post the potato bread recipe somewhere???Did I miss it???
I just posted my 1955th post and 1955 is my birth year, 02/02/55 and I was 9#4oz. and was born at 9:04....oh and I am a perfectionist.....Ya think??? LOL Too bad I couldn't have got 904 for my Farmgirl number instead of 905! Right? lol

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  7:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey all, I posted this on the other board but wanted to post it here too...Good Evening all...once again, I'm behind...been taking a few pity days....I've been a little depressed with our finances...but I know things will work out...God has taken care of us thus far and still will I'm sure. Guess I'm down because we were told after going to court for DH disability that we would know something in 30 days up to 45 days because of the holidays. Here it is 76 days...DH has been denied 3 times...so far...which to me is so wrong...he was paralysed for 5 months after his back was broken in 1985. He should have gotten it then but his "pride" wouldn't let him...that is what he says now. And it seems because he didn't get it then and now so much time has passed and the Shepard Spinal Center in Atlanta, GA no longer has his medical records, the gov. just keeps giving him the run around. All someone needs to do is read his current medical records, watch him walk and see him try to stand still to see he can't do what he did all those years ago...this is what happens when someone tries not to use gov. help when he should have and now that he can't and I mean can't work because he can't stand or sit for more than an hour or two...he can't get help. He has to lie down after standing or sitting for a couple hours. Anyway..thanks for listening...I just needed to vent...and I need to get off my pity pot. I have been looking for work near us but unable to find any and something I can do with my medical issues too...but GOD will get us through. I know he will.

On top of the financial trouble once again my friend of 30 years is back to her old tricks..got mad at me again over something really really stupid...what in the world is going on with her I don't know...but she decided to place on facebook all she has done for me, bought me...gave me...why I don't know...anyway...she decided she couldn't and didn't want to be around me...so...since the day I quit smoking I have spoken to her or anything...I think this has added to my depression too...so strange me to have someone our age act like she is...reminds me of HS which I won't no part off...I can't tell you how good it is for me to be able to express all this to ya'll..thank you for being here and listening to me rant...I love you all for it...

Also, I hope all of you over look my lack of BD cards. I am not spending any money on anything...so please know that I think of all of you even if you don't receive a card from me. I feel very guilty about this too.

Nancy, congrats to your DD and GD....they should be very proud of themselves that is some kind of accomplishment...

Holly, love the pics of the cows....I hope someday to be able to get a milk cow...I grew up with fresh milk and butter and would love to have it again. I have my Momma's churn so can't wait to use it.

Patty, that was very cleaver of you on the cabinet...you gave me some great ideas....

Betty, congrats to your hubby...I'm sorry about your grands...I know that has to be hard and worse with the lies about your son...I hope you can get things worked out

Forgive me for leaving some of you out of this post...but so far behind so I know ya'll will understand....hope to check in tomorrow..

Today is day 21 of not smoking...thanks for all the prayers and encouragement.

Here is a couple of more pics of GiGi and I really enjoyed my visit...GiGi smiled really big when DH held her.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - Acelady02 on Jan 31 2012 7:39:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  10:36:15 PM  Show Profile
Well, I guess I fit in here too. I am 56, the body has been thru Hell and back but the mind still feels 15 at times. I am brand new as of today (2/1/2012) I am #3848 officially. I am a Texan at heart who was transplanted to the Atlanta, Ga area a few years ago and has never found my way back. I am so glad to be a part of this and hope to find some friends along the way. I haven't made any friends since I've been here that have stayed, They have all moved for one reason or another so hoping to fill the void with sisters. I guess the only other thing you need to know about me is that I'm about as full of bull as you can be and will joke about just about anything. So here I am sisters - I'm known by the name of Lainey Lou and I'd love to hear from you!

As long as we're here we might as well dance!

... I'm a Texan that's been transplanted!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  10:42:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Laniey Lou, you will find wonderful friends here...glad to have you

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Go to Top of Page

esselviola
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Linda
Brier Washingtn
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  10:46:40 PM  Show Profile
I just turned 59 1-30-12 the same day I had surgery for stage 1 breast cancer. I had a lumpectomy and must go through 6 wks of radiation. I am blessed to have each day. I am a survivor.
Go to Top of Page

esselviola
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Linda
Brier Washingtn
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  10:52:16 PM  Show Profile
I turned 59 Jan. 30, 2012, on the same day I had surgery for Stage I breast cancer. I had a lumpectomy and they removed 1 node, no cancer cells found. I am faced with 6 wks of radiation. I am very grateful for every day. I am a survivor.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  11:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday Linda and welcome...I am glad you are a survivor....we are glad to have you here..you will be in my prayers through your radiation treatments...we will all be here to cheer you on through this..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Jan 31 2012 11:08:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  12:39:34 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Linda ... and welcome. Please keep us posted on your radiation. Six weeks is a long time. I hope you have a supportive person who will hold your hand throughout. Of course, we will all be here to hold your hand at a distance.

Congratulations on the good news of no cancer cells found.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  10:44:18 AM  Show Profile
Ok...I just passed the crown on to the New February FarmGirl Of The Month!
Everybody go over to "Over The Fence" and see who it is and give her your Best Wishes!
Thanks to all who made my month special too!
Love Ya Girls!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  3:06:59 PM  Show Profile
Hello sisters, I am checking in today even though I have not read all the posts, just the last 2 pages. Lainey Lou, and Linda from Washington, and other newbies, welcome, I am not on very often since I'm going through a lot of family stuff too, so you are spared my tendency to write a novel on here every time I get online. My sister got me back on facebook and I saw where Penny hit day 21 of not smoking, you go, girl, you have crossed the Rubicon, you are going to make it. The one thing we have all learned on this thread that every single one of us goes through the good and the bad. and the bad often comes in bunches. We all deal with some bad stuff and we all make it through to the other side. It helps to have a place of love and understanding to come to, which is this site with all you sista chicks. Quick update on my brother: He got through Chemo #2, he will have one more chemo and then 6 weeks of radiation. Everyone says radiation is not anywhere near as bad as it used to be, just expect to feel like a bad sunburn. He has gone from 94.5 lbs to a whopping 99 lbs, so we will take what we can get. At least he is headed in the right direction.

Darlys goes in for her surgery on Friday. Love and hugs and prayers, our precious sister. I seem to be little sis trying to keep up with big sis, as I have just found out that I have to get 3 surgeries soon, my dr is trying to coordinate so that 3 surgeons will schedule it so I only have to be put under one time. If it weren't for bad luck Id have no luck at all. I got sick at my brother's and went to the dr soon as I got home, she referred me to drs in Austin and bottom line is my one remaining ovary has decided to go south on me and it is growing a tumor of the bad kind, but blood tests show benign, so very low chance it is malignant but given my family history they guarantee nothing until they see it. Then I have some plumbing work, which most of us this age who have given birth eventually need, and then I have a hiatial hernia that most of my stomach is trying to escape through, so 3 surguries, 3 different surgeons, surely I qualify for some sort of prize for all this crap hitting at one time. Now where are those big girl panties? I need them. I plan to close up my house out in the country and move in with Ed and he will be my nurse while I get over this. He is dreading the fact that I tend to get a little (w)itchy when I feel bad but I will try to take it easy on the poor guy, he didn't know any better than to volunteer for the job. So, life goes on, and we deal with whatever hand we get. I'm going to try to take the high road and expect the best. I will go home and gather up some craft projects, take a pain pill if I absolutely have to, and just refuse to be beat down by any of this. I've been working on a gourd doll for ages so now I will have time to finish her while the dustbunnies take over my house and the weeds take over my yard. And my little sister is taking good care of my brother so I am proud of her. there is always a silver lining, we just have to look for it.
I have not been able to send cards either but I know you all understand. I Will be back. also I still need to give you sisters some lessons on how to handle those pool boys, seeing as how I am such a pro. That Darlys is such a troublemaker, she got me into this poolboy stuff, didn't she? Now I have my good? reputation to defend!! And I suppose now that she will get well before I do, she will be whinning for me to loan them to her. (hey sweet BS, you're reading this and laughing, I know you are!!)
And, hey, Penny, girl, you don't need any part time friends, lose that one. and dealing with our wonderful government---keep trying, you will finally get through to the right person.
Several of us are just hanging on by the skin of our teeth but we are sisters and we will overcome!!! (drumroll, giggles, woo-hoo)

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 01 2012 3:23:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  3:15:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I can't believe that Judy picked me as the Feb. FGOTM...I feel so blessed and honored....thank you...flooding my chin with happy tears....I can't believe it is really me....I'm smiling from ear to ear....what a wonderful thing to see today...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  5:04:50 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Penny a friend of mine here in town and her husband spent well over a year trying to get him on disability because he can's breathe. None of the doctors have figured out why. He is an electrician and he can not climb a ladder to set lights because he gets dizzy. Anyway they finally did get disability. There seems to be a list of ailments tha automatically get disability. You need to talk to his PCP and get him the right label. I wish you luck. Congratulations on the farm girl of the month. You are great at so many things that most of us only dream of doing. Gigi is gorgeous. She reminds me of Kethry when she was a baby.

Glenda I am glad you popped on to chat and tell us what is happening in your life. I hope all of your doctors can coordinate your surgeries to get all of the repairs done under one set of anaesthesia. Ed seems like a trooper and that he loves you very much.

Welcome to the new women. Do not feel shy about jumping right in. Do not be put off by some of us who are great with the details. There is something called notepad that some of us use side by side with reading the posts so they can right adn read simultaneously. I have not figured that one out.

The name of the British comedy that I could not remember but Judy did is Waiting for God. It is about a retired journalist Diana who has a friend Tom who pretends he has lost his mind. They live in a retirement community run by someone who is trying to bilk the old people out of their money. Tom and Diana have many adventures together. I like Vicar of Dibley, Autumn to May and Dame Edna as well.

Here are some pictures I took a couple of days ago to show to you all in the southern climates and to those of you here in the north who have no snow.

Look how good I am getting at posting pictures. I surprise myself.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  5:06:44 PM  Show Profile
Turned 50 this past November and darn proud of it!!!

Forever farmgirl

http://throughethelseyes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  5:19:36 PM  Show Profile
Hey Penny-Girl....you passed your 1000th post and I missed it....wooohoooo...another reason to celebrate!!!LOL ~~~weeeeeeeeeee~~~
It's a GREAT Day on the Farm!!!!!! Yuppers!!!

Welcome to another Kim!The more the merrier! *giggle*
Holly...GREAT pics girl!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  5:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Wow, Judy I didn't even notice my 1000 post...lol...but if I think back...I bet it was when I was saying a prayer for one of our farmgirls...since this is 1005 that would kind of fit...thank you all for your kind words for FGOTM....you all have lifted my spirits today.

Holly, My hubby has been at this for 3 yrs now and I think you might be right....about the correct label...he has severe asthma and the back issues....so hopefully this time will be the time..

Kim, welcome you will love it here...these are the greatest ladies anywhere...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Feb 01 2012 5:44:12 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page