herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  7:25:16 PM  Show Profile
Well Hello there FrannyD! Glad you joined us! This is such a fun place where everyone is so helpful and sweet!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  7:32:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey Judy,
Are you still having bad weather? What's going on?
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  7:47:05 PM  Show Profile
Actually it's 9 degrees with a wind-chill of 0 tonight! I didn't stick my nose out the door all day...it was just Bitter, no other word for it.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  8:01:44 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear it Judy. The weather was rotten here too. The wind blew all night really hard and today the winds were blowing at 35mph and it got up to 48. We had sunshine and clouds most of the day. The wind is supposed to blow all tonight and part of tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  07:43:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh wow!...tie yourself to the refridgerator...at least IF you blow away...you'll have "Take-Out!!!" LOL
Be safe My Dear!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  07:52:41 AM  Show Profile
You're right, I hadn't thought of that....that's my laugh for the day. I'll have to share that comment at work. It's still windy but a lovely blue sky no cloud day but windy.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  08:01:56 AM  Show Profile
We had that lovely blue sky yesterday, with only a couple of big, cottony clouds and sun. Then It was gone and it got cloudy and the sun only poked thru a couple of times til sunset. Ya see, here in Ohio, many times we get 4-Seasons.......all in 1 day! LOLOL We're use to it. But one rarely gets use to that WIND!!! Scary stuff!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  08:08:54 AM  Show Profile
Judy, you just absolutely crack me up. "Take out", huh! I WILL NOT show that to Dan. He may suggest that the next time I want to go out to dinner. Take care, sweet friend. You really are a dear!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  08:26:34 AM  Show Profile
I've never been to Ohio but KS has been like that when we've been there. We sometimes get sudden changes in temps and have dropped rally fast if a front is coming through. We've been here five years now and we have had hurricane force winds several times but no rain with them. It just blows and of course the dust gets bad. When it's windy I have a good excuse not to dust until it's all over. Good morning to all. Have a good day. Gotta go!
Go to Top of Page

Judyr808
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Judy
Hood River Oregon
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  6:23:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Judyr808 a Yahoo! Message
Hay others over 50, I'm afraid I'm a little over that, infact I'm getting mighty close to 70, but I still have a lot to offer and a few years left (I hope). Anyway I wanted to connect with a few like minded women closer to my age. I have, like I'm sure you do, a lot of information I want to share with any one interested. I'm new at this so any help is appreciated.
Judy

Love & Light
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  8:43:13 PM  Show Profile
Well hello Judy R.from Judy J. Glad you found our growing "Spunky-Senile-Sisters-Group." Of course we only admit that to each other. To everyone else we are still "Spring-Chickens" with maybe the wings clipped just a little. Hop right up on the roost with us and cackle a spell telling the rest of us tough, chewy hens a little bit about yourself.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Anna Mae
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Anna
Apopka FL
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  08:07:57 AM  Show Profile
I've finally taken the time to catch up with my 50+ sisters ... what a colorful group we are. I was so pleased to spend Christmas with family up in Michigan where we had wonderful weather, lots of clear blue sky, a bit of snow but no snow storms. My passion for knitting produced presents for all - hats and scarfs. Seems like everything I've knitted the past few months have been given away so I decided to work on something for myself: a simple cardigan. It's a first for me and it seems to be looking much like the pattern so far - wish me luck!

Anna Mae - Farmgirl #2453
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? – Winnie the Pooh

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  10:41:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi Anna....good luck with that sweater. I can't knit or crochet, so I'm envious of anyone who can wrap a bunch of string or yarn together and come up with wearing aparel or gifts. My Mom and older Sister are amazing with a pair of needles, but I was the younger energetic daughter and nobody had the patience to teach me. I loved to be busy on my feet. So I became the employed, money-making child in the family. I learned how to cook & sew in Home-Ec class enough to get by. I love to mend. As years went by I learned more about cooking and baking and really enjoyed it. Baking is my favorite. Now I'm 56, retired and happy in my home with Hubby, gardening, canning&freezing foods, working outdoors taking care of our property and trying to settle down a little. I only sit long enough to read or watch a movie....as long as I can do part of it on my "Stepper machine." Who knows, if I really settle down, whyyyyy...I may just learn how to "sit'n knit!" LOL

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  1:04:23 PM  Show Profile
Judy from Oregon, welcome to the thread. You'll love it here and I'm sure you have a lot that you could contribute. Judy from Ohio, don't fret, I didn't learn how to knit and crochet until I was 50. So there is always hope. Anna, isn't it nice that after all you've done for others you can now do something for yourself. I'm still not there yet - with almost 14 grandkids, I'm always making something for them as gifts for birthdays and Christmas. But one of these days after I get the due in June G.B. gifts done, maybe I'll have time to make something for me or the house - no I can't, still have four Christmas gifts to knit up for some of the grandkids that I didn't get done this past Christmas. Seems like the weather has been rotten all over - we've had blowing snow and sub-zero temps for so long I think I live in the most northern regions of Alaska right now! We still have three more months of winter here. Will there ever be a spring?????? I feel sorry for the poor people who have gotten slammed with snow and ice who aren't use to it and don't know how to drive in horrible weather. My heart goes out to them. Otherwise, I have a good case of cabin fever and if I weren't growing my hair out I would be pulling it out being cooped up for so long. But I'm a tree - I can bend - I have on my smiley face held up with toothpicks. Have a good Thursday ladies.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  2:45:53 PM  Show Profile
LOLOL....I saw that face on a mug Annie! Ca-uute!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  09:11:54 AM  Show Profile
Hey Annie, I knit also and like you seem to knit for everyone else but me. Last Oct. we were in OK for a class reunion at hubby's college and I stopped in the quilt shop for some fabric to make a quilt I'm going to name my trip to OK quilt and using the trip around the world pattern and using colors that I always see when we are in OK. I found some lovely yarn there also and bought enough to make myself a sweater which I haven't got to yet in off white, pale blue, yellow and burgundy. It will be a fair isle pattern from my mothers patterns she brought with us from the UK back in 1948. I can't believe how bad this winter has been. So many people have had it rough and it doesn't seem to be over yet. I hope everyone has a good supply of books to read and hobbies to keep one occupied until winter is over. Hope everyone has a good weekend
Go to Top of Page

nh.farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Barbara
New Hampshire
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  09:20:31 AM  Show Profile
nh.farmgirl slowly raising hand.

One of the things so nice about being over 50 is that we have the wisdom of hindsight literally at our fingertips...plus lots more good things far too numberous to mention, of course. YAY for us!!

Barbara

"If I could say it in words there would be no reason to paint."
- Edward Hopper

www.newhampshirefarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  09:24:47 AM  Show Profile
I am 57. My body feels like 97 sometimes but my brain feels like 27. I wish there were a happy medium!

Laila
Go to Top of Page

bdhughes77
True Blue Farmgirl

126 Posts

Debbie
Menomonie WI
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  1:40:56 PM  Show Profile
I'm am wellover 50 so hopefully it's OK if I ask this question here because I didn't know where else...anyway, I just "reupped" for my second year as a Farmgirl and just received a notice that my purchase has been shipped! Could I possibly be so lucky as to get some treats like bumper stickers or something again? Does anyone know? Thanks, Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  2:12:52 PM  Show Profile
Betty, be sure and post a picture of your sweater when you get it done. The colors sound so pretty together.
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  2:16:29 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I can't believe it - you actually saw a mug with the toothpick thing goin' on? That is too funny. Now I'll be going places to try and find one just for the heck of it. Had no idea!!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  3:09:50 PM  Show Profile
Well hello Barbara and Laila. Welcome to the over 50 forum.Laila, I'm just the opposite of you...sometimes my body feels like 27 and my mind feels like 97. LOLOL Oh well, it eventually all evens out!
Debbie, this is my 2nd year too and I think I did get another bumper-sticker and a new farmgirl picture with my number on it and signed by MJ herself! It's the little things that make us *giggle* isn't it? LOL
Annie, I once owned a mug that had a lady on the front holding a coffee mug and it said, "I love my job," and somebody elses fingers were holding up the corners of her mouth. It was Ca-uute too.
So many mugs-so little shelf space!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 11 2011 3:11:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  12:28:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everybody - I haven't been on this thread for a while, but I definitely had several laughs as I went back through the posts I'd missed - too many to mention. I guess that's one of the best things about being over 50 - you can laugh at yourself and with others.

Barbara - I looked at your blog. You are incredibly talented - your paintings are amazing. I loved your egg fabric too. I bet your seat cushions are really cute. I do not have chickens - I can't have them in my neighborhood, but I'll make sure I can if/when I ever move. My friend has some and I love to go visit.

Thanks for the laughs everyone. I'm so glad I've found so many like-minded over 50s... Life is good.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  5:04:48 PM  Show Profile
What is everyone doing today. This thread is too quiet. Usually someone has something to say. Maybe all the cold, snow and general bad weather has everyone in the dumps. Let's all have a cup of something hot and wake up. I worked in the yard today and fixed some irrigation lines that had sprung a leak. It was nice again today although we had some clouds. We have some wet weather coming in and snow levels are dropping so wanted to get these things fixed. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Betty
Go to Top of Page

Anna Mae
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Anna
Apopka FL
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  06:31:31 AM  Show Profile
Hubby and I celebrated our 14th anniversary of meeting each other on Valentine's Day (1997!!!) by going to the place we met, an English Pub called St. Andrews. It was a really nice day down here in Apopka - lot's of sunshine and warm enough to open all the windows! I've been busy getting ready to participate in some workshops being put on by Leu Gardens. They're offering workshops on flower pressing, container gardening, organic veggie gardening, botanical drawing (I love to draw!), etc. I'm a new member of their oganization and am looking forward to meeting other like-minded people ... what are the chances I might run into another Farmgirl! I'll keep you posted.

Anna Mae - Farmgirl #2453
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? – Winnie the Pooh

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page