OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2018 :  10:01:09 AM  Show Profile
Yay! I too am glad this thread is up and running. I posted back in Mar with no response and I knew there were some Christian Farmgirls out there! This has been an eventful year for me. Lots of loss, but many more blessing from the Lord. One is knowing that my dear friend is on the other side in Heaven now free from pain. I miss her deeply but wonderful sweet memories are slowly filling those voids. I also lost an Aunt and an Uncle in the midst of the birth of my little granddaughter 8 weeks early. She is thriving and growing and is just beautiful. The Lord truly blesses us in ways we can never understand. I awoke to a chilly cold morning here in East Texas. Hubby turned on the heat for the first time this year to get the chill out of the house before I got out of bed. Its the little things that I am thankful for. He is busy making me a peg board to hand above my sewing table and I am cleaning out the kitchen and dining in prep for the coming holidays. I am looking forward to a houseful of family for Thanksgiving!! As the day draws nearer I find myself getting excited for us all to be together and get to visit. I have a large family, 5 sisters and all their family and my four sons and their families! I pray that each of you Farmgirls have a blessed and thankful season this year! God Bless!

~ Deb aka OneRedZinnia ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
June 2018 Farmgirl of the Month

“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2018 :  10:48:56 AM  Show Profile
That is good you will be with your family at Thanksgiving Debbie, sound like your year was up and down though,
I will keep you in my prayers have a blessed day. I am sure you will enjoy the peg board, a friend of mine has one and it really keeps everything in order and easier to find.

Love and hugs
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2018 :  1:23:17 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, praying for you all in California. So much going on there. Are you anywhere near the fires? So many South of us are still dealing with the aftermaths of the floods from Harvey. Such devastation. Thank you for your prayers! Much appreciated!

~ Deb aka OneRedZinnia ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
June 2018 Farmgirl of the Month

“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6789 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6789 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2018 :  2:36:00 PM  Show Profile
Today remembering our fallen veterans and loved ones; firefighters and all in the path of wildfires; survivors of floods and other disasters. Remembering is un-spoken prayers.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6789 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6789 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2018 :  06:10:02 AM  Show Profile
I watched Joyce Meyers this morning and she had 10 things to do to simplify our lives. Number 1 was to declutter. I have a closet and old wardrobe that every time I open the doors I feel the stress creeping up in me because they are such a mess and it's hard to find what I need. Should tackle one of them this week - the other next week.

Everything on her list of 10 things led to peace in our lives. Peace is something I am always striving for and it's one of the things I can't and won't be without.

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2018 :  07:37:52 AM  Show Profile
I agree on the declutter. I really need to get busy and focus on this. Sometimes hard to get rid of stuff so need good mindset when I do it as I get rid of a lot more those days. #128512;

Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6789 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6789 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2018 :  07:43:01 AM  Show Profile
Rae here's to you and me getting something done.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2018 :  10:05:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie, fortunately our area has been safe' and the Camp fire is contained at the moment but they had a warning yesterday for Flash floods I pray not. It is so sad. Our river is up too but that is from the rains in the mountains and South of us. There hasn’t been any floods for years, I hope not.

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6789 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6789 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2019 :  10:07:48 AM  Show Profile
We are now into the new year - Jan 4, 2019. Many of us are spiritually drained from what we dealt with in 2018. Now comes the time of refreshing and filling up our spirit what in the Bible is spoken of as a fat soul. Spirit and soul fat with the goodness and promise of our God.

As we make our goals for the coming year let's remember to take time to re-fill our spirit and seek out peace and hope.

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2019 :  3:07:37 PM  Show Profile
Amen, Sara and I fear 2019 could be a bumpy ride! Our country needs to be covered in prayer!

Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2019 :  08:04:43 AM  Show Profile
Amen Sara and Rae!
Spending more time seeking God. We may not know what 2019 holds but we serve a God that does!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2020 :  9:05:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, girls! A whole year?! Yikes!!! Let's share some of the wonderful things the Lord is doing in our lives! Is anyone in need of prayer? Any Scriptures to share and ponder???

Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you: be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous hand."

You know, sometimes things in this world seem so bleak... Sometimes I just turn off the news because my heart can't take it. But at Christmas time, one morning after prayer, I was looking at my Nativity, pondering the beauty and its meaning; when suddenly and it occurred to me just how much faith God has in US. Think about it... He completely emptied himself and came as a helpless little baby. Seriously: just think about that for a minute: HE COMPLETELY EMPTIED HIMSELF. He could do nothing for Himself, he was vulnerable, weak and had to completely rely on two mere human beings to meet all of HIS needs... and yet, His coming and this emptying of Himself met OUR every need. The Great I Am, our Loving Father, the Creator of all that exists, believed so strongly in the good in the hearts of men that He gave up everything FOR us in order to give everything TO us... Amazing... Shouldn't we do exactly the same for Him?

Thoughts?

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 23 2020 9:06:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2020 :  9:30:50 PM  Show Profile
Amen!

Blessings!

Thing have to be better when you have God in your life!

Happy 2020!

Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6789 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6789 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2020 :  06:39:15 AM  Show Profile
Nina, Darlene, and all my FarmGirl sisters may the Lord be with you and bless you today. May he watch over and keep you. And when you weep my he put his arms around you and comfort you.

The Lord was with me three years ago when I lost my only child my son and he has been with me every day and night since. The Lord is his name and he keeps his promise to never leave or forsake us.

FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2020 :  10:11:35 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Sara, I needed that.

Bless you too.

Hugs and love
Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2020 :  10:58:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

Darlene - I know I owe you a long email or letter. God bless you for being there for me. I love you, sister.

Sara - I pray the exact same for you - and for ALL the girls! I am so, so sorry for your loss. God is the most amazing comfort, though, isn't He? I am so grateful! He really does let us know He is with us when we are in pain and tears. If it weren't for Him, I would never be able to get through this! Praised be His Holy Name and Heart!

Love you both dearly! May God bless you in amazing, unexpected ways today!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2020 :  12:00:42 PM  Show Profile
So happy to see this bumped up, especially on this March for Life day!

Things are hard and it is so important for Christians to keep in touch and keep each other in prayer.

If anyone needs extra prayer please let me know and I will gladly put you on my daily prayer list.

God Bless

Rae

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2020 :  06:23:03 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, Sonshines! How is everybody today?

Have any of you read Kathie Lee Gifford' s book, "The Rock, The Road Anand The Rabbi?" Very good Christian insights from a Jewish perspective!

Thought for the day: The Lord tells us, "My grace us sufficient for you." How very true in every aspect of our lives! How do you see His grace - the freely given, unmerited favor and love of God - at work in your life today?

God bless you!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6789 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6789 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2020 :  06:48:59 AM  Show Profile
Nini, when I wake in the middle of the night I am not afraid or alone for by his grace the Lord is with me.

Edited by - YellowRose on Feb 05 2020 06:49:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2020 :  07:05:34 AM  Show Profile
Nini I have that book just not a chance to read it yet. Looks like a good read.

Rae

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2020 :  9:34:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Sara - that is just beautiful! God bless you!!!

Rae - Because I don't have a lot of time to sit down and read like I used to, I just read it a little at a time. I'm glad I did because there are so many interesting tidbits to take in and ponder. I don't know how to put it, but the explanations of Scripture really helped me feel a little more full spiritually! I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts! Enjoy!

In my life, things have been so roller-coaster-y and uncertain. But I've learned just how loved I am - WE are - by God, and I've been blessed to learn to trust Him on a deeper level. A few months ago I was given a rather disconcerting health diagnosis from a doctor, who wanted me to have more tests. When he was done with his spiel, he asked me if I was okay - was I worried or upset? This amazing peace had come over me while he was talking. I just looked at him and said, "I'll be fine! God loves me!" He smiled and said, "Yes, indeed! He does!" And that was that! Wonder of Wonders: I've been fine ever since! :)

One of the reasons I brought this subject up was that while I was recently reading the Old Testament, I was overwhelmed by the laws and proscriptions God had set forth, not to mention the consequences. I said to the Lord, "Lord! My God! I could never live up to any of this! How could anyone remember all these rules and not sin!? And Your Word says that it is no excuse when we don't know we are sinning! How can anyone live under this?" Immediately I heard His still, quiet voice in my heart: "My grace is sufficient for you." I broke down in tears, "You're right, Lord. You're right. Thank you! I love you! I am Yours... I am Yours. Thank You, My God - I am Yours!" Such blessed assurance we have! Our Lord Jesus... THE Gift that keeps on giving! :) Let us Praise Him with every fiber of our being!

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Feb 05 2020 9:35:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2020 :  3:42:51 PM  Show Profile
You are so right we should always prais him no matter wha is going on in our lives.
Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2020 :  09:50:43 AM  Show Profile
Didn't want a year to go by before reviving this thread again.

When JT and I were doing our devotions last night, we came across a verse in Zephaniah 3:17.
The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy;he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
Isn't that awesome? He will joy over us with singing!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6789 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6789 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2020 :  09:59:59 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Denise for reminding us that the Lord is always with us and won't forsake us.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2020 :  10:15:20 AM  Show Profile
This is a great thread!
Thank you!

Just wanted to let you know that my infectious disease doctor gave the ok to my Orthopedic Surgeon for surgery after they test me for knee surgery. So maybe not much longer!
thanks for your love and prayers, they give me strength!

Love you all!
Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page