prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  8:22:19 PM  Show Profile
Lesley,
That is great news! Prayers and thoughts going out to each of you ladies tonight!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
www. Scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Tes
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nancy
New Jersey
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  6:10:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi,
So glad I found the Christian farmgirl forum! Any of you happen to be located in New Jersey? Anyway, been struggling with my faith lately, or rather, having faith. What do you think God has to say about depression and anxiety? Why does He allow it?
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  8:04:11 PM  Show Profile
I've experienced depression since I was a teen, and all I can say is, it hurts like heck but it can be a chance to grow spiritually as well. You can't truly know joy until you've known sorrow. and I believe, the more sorrow carves into your being, the more the Spirit can fill you. There are medications that help to keep us from becoming too unbalanced, but they're not a cure. To everything there is a season--a time to cast away stones...a time to heal...a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing. Sometimes the thing we're embracing is a person, or a situation, or a certain mindset. Growth in any way, shape, or form is often painful. But we have to grow, or whither away. I hope this makes sense. I'm still here, after all these years and it hasn't always been easy. But God never said it would be easy.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  2:13:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

Nancy and Cindy, I'm so sorry you both struggle with this. As I read your posts, I recalled a Scripture memory song about Matthew 6:25 on anxiety. Here is the passage - Matthew 6:25 - 34:

"25 Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink, nor about your body, what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his span of life? 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O men of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the Gentiles seek all these things; and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well. 34 "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day."

And here are more verses that may help you, dear sisters:

Deuteronomy 31:8: “It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”

Deuteronomy 32:10: "In a desert land he found him, in a barren and howling waste. He shielded him and cared for him; he guarded him as the apple of his eye."

If anyone suffered stress and anxiety, it was David. Like you, he battled depression by pressing even harder into the Lord in faith:

2 Samuel 22:17-22: "17 He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters; 18 He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me. 19 They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the Lord was my stay. 20 He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me. 21 The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me. 22 For I have kept the ways of the Lord, and have not wickedly departed from my God."

Psalms 34:17: "When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles."

Psalms 40:1-3: "I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD."

Psalms 37:3-4: "Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Psalms 42:11: "Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God."

Psalms 46:10: "Be still, and know that I am God."

Psalms 147: 4-5: "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

Philippians 4:6-7: "7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 8 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I hope these help a little bit, sisters! Remember the Word is Living and True! The same yesterday, today and forever! You CAN trust Him in all things! And we're here to support and love you through!

Hugs and blessings -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Sep 25 2012 4:27:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  2:25:37 PM  Show Profile
Hello - me again!

The other night, my husband and I were watching a very old movie about Moses. It suddenly occurred to me that God loved and used Moses, even though he had been a murderer... And the most amazing part is, that we never read in the Bible where God brings this up to him or holds it against him - ever. God just calls him and once Moses was in God's will, it was as if his sin was completely washed away in the sea of forgetfulness, as the Word promises! How awesome is THAT?! How awesome IS that?! How AWESOME is that?! And then when you think about the awesome ways God was able to work through Moses once he gave Himself to God... It simply takes my breath away. How wonderful - such a blessing - to know that we enjoy this same complete forgiveness in Christ as we submit our lives to God! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Amen! And AMEN!!!

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ!" Ephesians 1:3 (exclamation mine)

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead," 1 Peter 1:3

"3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." 2 Corinthians 1: 3-4

Oh, how blessed we are to live in Him! To Him be all the Honor and Glory and Power - now and forever! Amen!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  2:52:06 PM  Show Profile
Nini--first of all, a person just doesn't "succumb" to depression; I'd like to use this as a chance to educate those who haven't experienced the illness called depression. It's caused mainly by a chemical imbalance in the brain--your neurons don't connect with each other the way they're supposed to. It's like there's a switchboard in your brain, and the operator isn't connecting all the calls, puts through wrong calls, etc. That's why medication helps. it also helps to educate yourself about the facts and learn ways of dealing with the ups and downs that inevitably go along with this illness. It's not a weakness; it's not a character disorder; it's an illness, just like the common cold. It is NOT caused by a lack of faith. My faith, which is hard to explain, lies in knowing that God still loves me no matter how bad I feel. And that's all I really need to know. When I'm feeling down, I look for beauty-in nature, in the eyes of the young, in the wisdom of the elderly--because as the poet says: beauty is truth. And I add: and Truth is God . Therefore God is beautiful. and this helps get me through the rough times. And I know that my illness has helped me to see this more clearly. So it all works out according to God's plan in the end. If God can use a murderer like Moses to lead His people out of Egypt, then surely He can use depression to help His children to grow spiritually. I hope this makes sense.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  3:04:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Cindy - I think you took my comment in the wrong way - or I said it wrong somehow. I sincerely apologize. My husband suffers from depression and has been on medication for years. My brother-in-law suffers with it as well. I do understand the illness very well, as it affects not only the person himself, but everyone who loves him. (My husband has a chemical imbalance, my brother in law suffers a different form of depression.) I never meant to say anyone with depression suffers from a lack of faith - not at all! I offered the Scriptures to offer consolation, support and strength, as Nancy had asked what the Lord had to say about it. When I said David didn't succumb, all I meant was that his words show that his way of fighting it was to press into the Lord, as I am sure you both do. Please forgive me. I would never intentionally mean to hurt or offend anyone. Honest. Never. Ever. Never. I hope you know that; surely if you know me at all through my posts, you know that. I'm so thankful that you know the Lord and that you find refuge in Him like David did. God uses everyone who turns to Him - everyone! Praise be His Holy Name! My second post was in no way related to the first - I had originally come on to post it, then saw Nancy's post and yours and wanted to first share those Scriptures, as that was more important, that's all! SO sorry for the confusion! :)

Love to you in Christ -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Sep 25 2012 3:28:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  4:29:45 PM  Show Profile
Cindy - I think it was how I typed it... I fixed it to read more clearly. I'm still so sorry - I honestly didn't mean it the way you read it, at all! Big hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  5:33:54 PM  Show Profile
Nini-yes, I guess I was sort of taken aback by your original post. I'm sure you meant no harm by it. What I was trying to say, though, is that I don't believe depression is all bad. Most people who experience it are more sensitive than the general population. And it gives you compassion for those who suffer. I've known lots of people with depression and the ones who handle it the best are the ones who have made a truce with it. As for the Bible, I have a CD by the group Eden's Bridge, a CD called Celtic Psalms, and there is one song called "How Long Oh Lord" that gives me solace when I feel down. Also their version of Psalm 27. I find the Psalms to be a lot more powerful when they're set to music. I haven't been to church in quite a while but I was driving around the other day and saw a church offering a Taize service. Taize is a type of music that is basically one phrase repeated over and over. It's simple but powerful. so I may attend a service there this Sunday. I've been to churches where people basically sleepwalk through the service and others where they put on a good show but I don't go to church to see a show. I want to experience something sublime but powerful. i know you're a kind-hearted person and would never intentionally say something that might hurt someone else. So don't worry about that. I'm not angry or anything like that, I just go into my psychology-mode at times because that's what my degree is in. God bless!
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  10:18:50 AM  Show Profile
I've never heard of a Taize service, before, Cindy! I'll have to do some reading up on it! Have you ever participated in a "soaking" service? That's another beautiful way to worship and receive as well! It's a form of intimate prayer and worship, where you just rest in the Lord and enjoy being in His presence. It's another simple, yet powerful way to experience Him. Absolutely beautiful!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2012 :  04:55:20 AM  Show Profile
First, I want to thank all of you for praying for our daughter (18yo) and our family.

Please keep her in prayer. I don't know how to explain her at this time, but I personally feel like she has been taken over by a demonic spirit. It could be her head injury, but I just see things that are so scary right now. I broke down and called the University. She is indeed still there, but had not attended any classes. I have spoken to a woman who is meeting with our dd and have suggested they try to counsel her with a campus professional. I am not sure if she will accept it, but they are aware of the situation and were already questioning her words, actions, and non-actions, her health...just everything. I know it's confusing to not explain this in detail, but there are so may lies coming out of her mouth, and now we think (including the campus staff) she may not even realize she is telling lies. Very scary and sad at the same time. She is really messing with everyone's minds right now.

Please continue to pray that my 20 yo son gets a better job. He's really struggling to stay where he is at this time.

I have a friend holding a Bible study on spiritual warfare, but cannot attend. I have read a few books, but if you have any other suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2012 :  2:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cindy, Nini and Kristina.
My heart goes out to all of you and you are in my prayers for all the stress you each are going through, I hope you find the peace in your lives that I know you will find. For depression, and for family stress.
In God's love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2012 :  8:19:33 PM  Show Profile
Kristina--my heart goes out to you and your daughter. Anytime the brain is injured, either physically or psychically, it's possible for negative energies to invade it. The only way to combat is through keeping positive thoughts and feelings. I know you feel scared and sad but keep praying and envisioning your dd surrounded by healing light. It's also possible, if she was/is living in a dorm, that there are unclean spirits in the dorm. I lived in such a dorm when I was in college and I wouldn't have believed it at the time but i do now. Try not to let your mind be disturbed by the thought of evil spirits. Most evil spirits are sad, pathetic creatures, more to be pitied than feared. Keep praying for your daughter as it sounds like she is in a bad place, both physically and spiritually. I am also praying that the Holy Spirit protects her from the negative influence that some colleges have on students. And I would try to get her back home or at least in a safer environment.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  04:58:35 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all!

Today I woke up with a swollen gland in my neck. Very painful too. I had a few sore throats that I managed to get rid of, but this scares me. I will keep positive thoughts.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2012 :  9:58:12 PM  Show Profile
Positive thoughts going up for you from me Kristina...you take care God is with you. and your daughter...
blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Tes
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nancy
New Jersey
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2012 :  6:42:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nini,

Just wanted to thank you for all those wonderful Bible verses that you typed a while back! I have read them before, and sometimes we just take them for granted or feel like they are meant for someone else instead of reading them and meditating on them everyday! I know that I forget to take Gods Word as my own, to make it a part of my being. I forget that God is with me and His Spirit lives within me. The distractions of the world and the busyness of life far too often get in the way. I wish that I lived on a farm with a bunch of cows that I could just sit in the middle of and enjoy Gods creatures and creation! I just get myself in a hopeless rut, and ruminate on my problems. Well, time to start ruminating on Gods Word! Dont you think?

Nancy

"I raise my eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help? My help comes from the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth" from Psalm 121
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  10:01:48 AM  Show Profile
It's day 3 - no change on my health. I ordered a natural remedy, so I will see how that goes. In the meantime, I am concentrating on organic foods from our garden for meals, and continued positive thoughts. I'm drinking organic teas to try and boost my immunity as well.

Dh is getting headaches and both of us are worried about his stress at work, and at home (dd).

Please keep our 18 yo dd in your prayers. I haven't updated on the prayer request, but there is more going on again. Sigh....

Thanks for your prayers

2011 Farmgirl of the Year
July 2012 Farmgirl of the Month
Farmgirl #800
My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://roosterscrowfarm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  12:15:00 PM  Show Profile
You're so welcome, Nancy! I know what you mean... sometimes when life carries us away, it's really hard to believe that these promises are truly ours. But they are - thank the Lord! I've leaned on and pressed into the Scriptures so much over the years. And in the darkest nights, in the toughest, most scarey times, I would just repeat them and ask Him to give me faith and trust in Him. He always did. It's very true: God's Word does not return void! And I really do believe there is a lot of power released in the spoken Word. Our God is an awesome God, isn't He? I think sometimes, too, it's hard for us to remember that He is not like us, but rather, it is we who must strive to be like Him, you know what I mean?

Kristina - I feel so bad... As soon as the cool weather hits us, you always seem to get socked with illness, and yet you do everything right! Hang in there, sister and keep on keepin' on. I'm praying for your health to be really, really good and strong this fall and winter, and that you'll get to enjoy the seasons much more fully! I'm also praying for your family situation and the challenges you are all facing. In time, it will all fall into place. Just remember God is in control and working on your behalf. "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28. You fit that bill - you love Him, we all know you do; AND you are called according to His purpose in so many aspects of your life - as wife, mother, daughter, sister, farmgirl... as well as with all the other hats you wear in this life. You are His precious daughter, and He loves you. We do, too. :) God love and bless you!

Hugs and happiness today, sisters!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Oct 03 2012 12:16:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  3:34:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Please pray for my mother in law. The mass on her brain has doubled in the past year. She is to frail to undergo the surgery. A successful operation requires learning to walk,talk etc. again. She was sent to a nursing home yesterday for 2 weeks of strength building rehab.She is asking to see her kids. The drs say she needs 24/7 care from now on. She wants to keep her apt. My husband has one brother and they are both going home to be with her. We have a 6 hr drive and brother in law is about 15 hrs away. Their dad passed in April so this probably cna be a testing time for all concerned. Thanks for praying and being there.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2012 :  3:47:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, Lea... I will definitely pray for her. If you ever need to talk, please email me. God love and bless you, her and all of those who love her. Big, warm hugs in the Lord - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2012 :  05:04:16 AM  Show Profile
Lea, I am praying also.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2012 :  10:19:41 PM  Show Profile
Lea
I am praying for your mother in law and family and for you through all this.
Kristina my continued prayers going up for you and your family.
Nini, Thank you so much for just being you!
God bless you too.
love
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2012 :  05:55:18 AM  Show Profile
I'm considering urgent care today. Not sure what the cost will be, so I may call first. I can't afford it, but I am in pain today.

Yesterday was pretty stressful. I explained the day to hubby, and he was mad at me, and told me I had enough stress. He was mad in a good way, in a protective kind of way (concerned for my health).

I prayed all night, and slept up until 4am and could not sleep after that.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2012 :  07:11:29 AM  Show Profile
Kristina - I just emailed you. I really, really hope you'll go get checked out today. And I am so happy that your husband is responding to your needs in such a loving manner - answered prayers, girlfriend! I will be praying for you and hope you'll keep us updated. Love you! Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2012 :  1:19:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls - just me again. I just came back from church where I ran into my neighbor and dear friend Karen. She has been battling cancer for the past three years. It started out as breast cancer, but had metastasized to her liver and leg. She had a brief reprieve and was "cancer free" last spring, but it came back over the summer when they found tumors in her spine. It has now moved into her shoulder/clavicle area, and she has been having chemo for it. She said the chemo has been mild, though - not the kind that makes you "SICK sick, thanfully. Her last tests, though, showed her cancer signals are extremely high. She has to go have a scan on Monday and she is just so upset she can't concentrate on anything else, describing herself repeatedly as "terribly upset," and "so scattered." She is tired of all of this and terribly frustrated. She said if she dies, she dies, so what? - she knows where she is going. But then in the next breath, she says she constantly tells the Lord that she has grandchildren and she really wants to live to see them grow up, get married and have children.. She says she still has so much she wants to see and do, and this is just too much. I told her how my son recently helped me tremendously through a terrible trial by telling me, "Peace, Mom... Have peace." And then I told her the same. She just hugged me and cried. She said she is still fighting it and will do whatever she can.. she even was annointed twice this past week and has been seeking the counsel of her spiritual advisor a lot more often. She just needs peace and healing. Please help with prayers. Please help her to have peace, and join me in petitioning the Lord for her complete healing. My heart is just breaking for her - and she is just such a lovely, faith-filled woman... This old world of ours needs her! We all do! I have to run - I'm going to try to go to early Mass tonight and sit with her and her husband. I just wanted to come home and ask for you all to join me in prayer for her and her husband, Rene. Thanks so much! Love you all! God bless you! Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page