farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  04:36:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! Please know that I'm praying for each and every one of you and all these things that everyone is dealing with. You are all such wonderful blessings!

I read something in my devotional yesterday that has had me thinking a lot. It said God never asked us to understand Him, just to trust Him. And then it talked about how we're always trying to figure things out, asking why, and wondering why He is what He is and does what He does, thinking that when we "figure it out" we will finally get to some magical place of peace. The piece then when onto say that His peace isn't in some magical place, it's just THERE when we trust in Him. That was something I really needed to hear yesterday, and I thought I would share it with you all as well. Have a lovely day!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com

www.amydingmann.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  08:33:41 AM  Show Profile
Have a wonderful day Amy and may God bless you too.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  08:46:22 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,
Each of you are always in my thoughts! Prayers coming your way!
Amy, enjoyed what you shared! Life in these times can be so very difficult and it gets so hard to understand sometimes?
Yet I also think we want to maybe understand TOO much?!

He just wants and needs for us to rest in Him and maybe think less?!

Hope each of you have a good morning!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  08:49:06 AM  Show Profile
For the record? I am guilty of over thinking His plans, His ways!! It is something I am prayerfully working on!! That daily trust and peace....

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  10:16:51 AM  Show Profile
Linda - I am SO guilty of that, too - that's why the passage hit me like it did. I always think I'm going to get to some point where I go "OOOOOHHHH! That's what its all about!" and then have total peace and never struggle again. But I don't think that's how it works. I think we understand...and then we are challenged more. And the more we think we get it...the more we are challenged. It's part of the process. But as far as getting to some perfect place where we totally understand everything? Nope. Not gonna happen. It's all about trust. I needed to hear that, and was happy to share it here! :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
-Oscar Wilde

www.amydingmann.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  9:40:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Thank the Lord! My wisdom teeth got extracted with no problems at all, I'm having minimum pain right now, and everything's good.
I'll continue to pray for all of my sisters here, that all of your problems will be taken care of by the Lord.
Amy, what a great thought! I always expect for me to have ephinany moments, and when they don't come, I get frustrated. I'm also quite impatient, and that along with trying to always figure things out makes for a frustrated me! Reminding myself every once and a while that I just to need put all my trust in Him is good, thanks for sharing!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  6:21:14 PM  Show Profile
We need your prayers, my hubby has been trying for years to move back to Fort Worth Texas because he does not enjoy the cold rainy weather here in the Seattle area. He just started his new job 2 weeks ago and has been enjoying it but he finally received a phone call from a fairly good sized employer down in the FW area. He goes for an interview on the 27th. He really wants the job so he can be close to family, problem is I would then have to give up mine which has been our main support the last couple of years and my two kids live around here. I have lived in this area most of my life. This is scary, I have worked at my current employer for the last 16 years. Which direction do we go? His income would be less than I make now but then I could explore some other opportunities and maybe find a way to be a stay at home wife. I need prayers that God will be with us and give us guidance on which path we should take.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  6:56:55 PM  Show Profile
Prayers to you, Lesley, that God's path would be made clear and that you will have patience and peace! What a scary time, it's always hard to make decisions and wait for answers. Hugs to you!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
-Oscar Wilde

www.amydingmann.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2012 :  7:07:34 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for you Lesley that God guides you all in the direction He wants to lead you to. I can understand how you feel though.
blessings.
darlene

please just a little prayer for me I am dealing with Strep I just got put on antibiotcis today so still feel yucky...
love you all

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  7:42:53 PM  Show Profile
Lesley, you'll be in my prayers. I hope that you're able to reach a decision that both you and your hubby will be happy with. Hugs and farmgirl love to you!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  05:53:42 AM  Show Profile
Lesley and Darlene - sending up prayers for you both.

It's going to be a busy day in my kitchen today, but looking forward to a quiet morning on my porch Sunday. The weather here is much cooler and rainy. I haven't been to the garden in 3 days due to rain, so I am sure I'll have lots of surprises when I do. They are calling for more rain today, so I'll be canning first, and maybe visiting the garden in the evening.

This is the time of year we all started getting sick, so I am also trying to clean house and sanitize as much as I can each day. There are spider webs everywhere it seems.

Thank you for you prayers for our changes next week.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  11:18:20 AM  Show Profile
Oh good gravy - the other night I had typed up a long post and thought I sent it, but it's not here... <sigh>

Claudia - you are SO right... I do feel like hot metal being tempered in the flames sometimes. I know everything makes us stronger, and I am thankful for our loving Father who cares enough to send these trials to strengthen us. Sometimes I can't help thinking of Mother Teresa, though. She said, "I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." LOL! What a lady! I have to say, though, it's kind of an honor to know that He does in fact trust me with the things that come my way. I just never want to disappoint Him you know? It's so important to constantly remember the addage, "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it." I trust Him completely. His will be done! FOR HIS GLORY!!!

Amy! Wonderful insight! I will definitely be reflecting on that for a while. Thank you for sharing!!!

Megan! I'm so happy to hear your oral surgery went so well and pray your recovery will be quick and complete real soon! :) Do you have major chipmunk cheeks?

Darlene - DEFINITELY saying prayers for your strep throat to GO AWAY! That is so miserable, I feel so bad for you!!!

Lesley - my post was mostly to you, dear sister. When my husband decided to move us all the way from RI to PA, I was overwhelmed at the prospect of having my entire life uprooted and leaving everything and everyone I ever knew and loved - and a REALLY good job - to be with him. All I knew was that wherever he should go, so to would I. I am his helpmeet, and if this is what was best for him, then it would have to be best for our marriage and our future. I knew the Lord would be with me, for sure. While praying one day, the Lord distinctly gave me Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” I'll never forget it as long as I live. I knew if the Lord was with me, then everything would go well for us. I'd be remiss if I didn't admit that there were many tears and a deep longing in my heart to return home for a VERY long time. But once I learned my way around, I found a new job, and then establishing new friendships was a piece of cake. And you know, the people who were most important to me then still hold that same position in my heart now... Somehow, God made my heart grow bigger which left plenty of room for lots of new, wonderful people that I may not have been blessed to ever meet had we not come here. Over time, this has truly become my home. I still have pulling on my heartstrings to go back and visit the people and places that I had long ago held so dear, but it truly has been so exciting to discover all the wonderful people and places our new home has to offer. We're good. You will be, too, if that is where the Lord is leading you. Whenever I'm in your situation, and I really am not sure what to do, I don't make a move until I have a "peace" about it or feel "released" by the Lord to do so. When He says it's time, you'll know. You'll definitely know. Amazing doors will be opened one after the other, and wonderful miracles will happen to lay the path before you and guide you. Just sit tight and keep praying, and we all will do the same for you. I'm sure whatever happens, the Lord's plans for you both will be greater than you ever imagined... at least, that's how I've found it to be... EVERY time! :) I'm actually a little excited for you - it will be so great to see your story unfold!

Kristina - I know what you mean, it's really damp, chilly and rainy here, too. I am praying that you and your family will have exceptional health this year!

Hugs and blessings to all of you! Have a great weekend!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Aug 11 2012 11:30:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  2:35:06 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Nini for your prayers and I am feeling better thank you. It was not fun but it is getting over with. I am blessed because I have God's warmth and blessed because I have such wonderful friends in my life. My prayers are there for you all too. Thanks
love darlene

How has your eye injections been for you Nini and did you see the cardiologist? My prayers are still going up for you also.
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  7:36:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Darlene, I'll pray that you get over your illness quick. Being sick is never fun!
Kristina, during your changes you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Nini, your Mother Teresa just reminded of Mary. She was the mother of Jesus, something that she thought she wasn't prepared for at all! But God helped her through it, He made sure that she was taken care of and she handled it. I think that's a wonderful way to look at hard times, that God is honoring you by giving you difficult situations to handle, just as He did to Mary. Just one way to look at our relationship to Mary! We share in struggles together.
I pray for all of you daily, hugs and love to everyone!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  05:28:07 AM  Show Profile
Ladies I need help with a Bible question. I have someone that asked me where, in the Bible, it states that a person cannot live past 120 years.

It's been 2 years since I read all the way through it. Can anyone help me with this?

I'm so tired, my hands hurt and my eyes are not seeing straight. After canning 12 pints (3 batches) of blueberry jelly and another batch of relish, I weeded the garden. Guess what the rain brought up out there? Ragweed. Lots of it. Waist high ragweed. My eyes are so swollen, but I am determined to use my natural oil all day and stay indoors to rid myself of anything. I even showered right away last night to rid my skin of any irritation. Here, we get ragweed up to 10 feet tall.

I think my husband finally saw how hard it I work with water-bath canning. He was mowing and came in to get water, and saw me standing over the canner, or stove or chopping, or grinding berry seeds, etc.

Speaking of water-bath canning. I have to use only one burner on my stove now. The large burner that quit working was replaced, but it's not putting out enough heat as the burner before. After ruining a few batches of queen anne's lace jelly (ugh), I figured it out. It will cook foods, but not make jelly/jam. I'm so bummed. I hope to put in a new stove next year.

Either way, I know I can do one-burner canning now. Maybe I should invest in an outdoor propane stove.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  10:14:08 AM  Show Profile
I did not know you could make jelly out of Queen ann's lace...We have a lot of that up here.
You really work hard Kristina. I will pray for you to slow down and take care of yourself. I have a friend up here that does the same thing. she never stops either. That is a lot of blueberries. I have one blueberry plant and it is doing well this year but It hasn't a chance to be blueberry jelly, I eat it as I pick them :D, I do so enjoy the fresh blueberries in my ice cream..Well anyway. Take care Kristina. Prayers are going up for you.

I don't know the answer to your 120 years question but am interested in an answer about it.

Thank you Megan and Nini for your prayers. The strep throat is better but there is a nagging cough which makes my stomach ickky but I could be so much worse off. I am in good hands, God's there for me...
You ladies all take care and know that my prayers are also going up for you also.
love you all
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  3:53:12 PM  Show Profile
Hello and prayers with all of you.

I could use some prayer, reminding me to turn things over to God. I am feeling overwhelmed and stressed, not able to pinpoint one thing just lots going on but to the point where it is affecting me, my stomach not being happy more often than not .

I know God is watching over me but for some reason just can't let go of the little things here. I had been on anxiety medication for a few years and off now for 4 months and I know my body has to adjust again.
Thanks for listening.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  4:09:22 PM  Show Profile
Rae - Praying that you can truly hand up your burdens. When I am stressed, I have to do this many times over in a day. I may not feel it right away, but slowly the worry lessens and I get through it. Remember to spend your most stressful times, if you can, reading the Bible. Doing a bible study. Focus your time on Him. It is so hard when anxiety begins to transfer to stomach issues. Those are hard to ignore! I hope things even out and I will pray for you.

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  7:40:11 PM  Show Profile
Rae - praying for you! It's so hard when you feel overwhelmed and stressed out. Even if you can't put your finger on what it is, God knows what it is - and that's what matters!

I take time everyday to read my devotional "Jesus Calling" - ADORE that book! Always sets me straight and reminds me where to leave my worries. I'll be praying for you!

OH, and hey! We're from the same state!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
-Oscar Wilde

www.amydingmann.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  8:36:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rae
I am sending prayers up for you that the anxiety lets you go and that your troubles go with it. Keep strong ok
love
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  8:39:34 PM  Show Profile
Rae
I sent you an email.
hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  8:48:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Darlene, glad that you're feeling somewhat better!
Rae, I'm praying that you'll find stress relief and that God will help you feel less overwhelmed. Stay strong! I'm sending hugs your way. We're always here for you sister:)
Kristina, I pray that you're able to slow down! You sound like a busy bee, but you're no use to anyone if you don't stop every once and a while and take care of yourself! Hugs to you!
I pray for all of you wonderful ladies daily, and I hope that you're able to find God's blessings in your day tomorrow!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  05:27:43 AM  Show Profile
Rae, keeping you in my prayers, hoping you can capture moments of peace throughout the day. When I start to go through my anxiety episodes I try and find one thing each day as my "go to" positive thing to think about when my mind gets restless. Either scripture, or just the beauty of nature seems to help.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  06:01:42 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Rae,
Got your letter . . THANKS! Will answer soon!
And, I'm praying for you . . I certainly understand! Boy! DO I UNDERSTAND!!!

THANKS TO ALL GIRLS for your prayers for me . . . please continue!
God Bless you All!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  06:42:56 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Ladies I need help with a Bible question. I have someone that asked me where, in the Bible, it states that a person cannot live past 120 years.
Genesis 6:3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal[b]; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

I really need to check in on this thread more often.

quote:
I take time everyday to read my devotional "Jesus Calling" - ADORE that book! Always sets me straight and reminds me where to leave my worries. I'll be praying for you!
That is my favorite devotional. I need to get back in the habit of reading it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My new blog - http://citychickadventures.blogspot.com/ Come visit me!

Farm Girl #790

http://pinterest.com/debbie_s/

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page