Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  09:53:42 AM  Show Profile
Lea, that is probably one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me. God bless you, sister. Thank you for your prayers and kindness. Love you!

My doctor said that I need to stay focused on the fact that up until now all my tests and bloodwork have come back good, but that doesn't mean they've covered everything. She's sending me for more bloodwork and I have to schedule an appointment with a cardiologist. She thinks he may do a study on my heart, and that it could be just one day, or for up to a month. I don't remember everything she said because I started to get really upset while she was talking. All I could think about was my Dad's heart health (or major lack thereof) from the time he was a young man (although a lot of his was probably self-induced), and I started to get choked up. I asked her outright if my heart was dying. She saw how upset I was and came right over, hugged me and held my hand and told me that we should never jump to conclusions like that. She understands my concerns, especially given my father's history and my history with NS, but all my tests and bloodwork have come back in my favor, so I should stay strong in that knowledge. She never told me my heart wasn't dying, though. That kind of freaked me out, but I'm trying very hard not to read too much into it. For now, it's back to logging my blood pressure and pulse/heart rate for the next month, and I'm supposed to call her if the top number goes lower than 90. >sigh< I'm okay emotionally, really, but it's so frustrating. I have left a message with the cardiologist and hope to have an appointment scheduled soon.

Now to call the eye doctor... Yuck.

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  2:58:56 PM  Show Profile
Nini my prayers are with you. The important thing is to try and find something positive to focus on so you don't stress yourself out. I have been recently diagnosed with heart disease and am pre-diabetic, lets just say i ended up totally freaked out. At 48 I was not prepared for this. I finally realized that
God has a plan and he will make sure I get the right help and information to get me through this. I just take one day at a time and do my best to follow doctors orders. I am now also going to a natureopath/nutritionist to help me find ways to adjust my diet. I really have to monitor my salt and sugar intake soo have gone completely organic and cook from scratch.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  3:06:46 PM  Show Profile
Trying to type on my phone is frustrating....wanted to say that maybe i am learning all this now while there is still time to make changes. In some ways I am more at peace with it now because i have accepted that only God knows when my time has come and i must make the most of life today, let God handle tomorrow.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  7:00:17 PM  Show Profile
Nini, Doctors never come out and say anything they can get out of saying due to insurance concerns. That's the reason they always say that medicine is an inexact science. Since they never want to come out and really say anything that can be held against them the schedule tests. Tests that half the time do not amount to anything other than a pay day for those doing the tests. That way they can always say that they covered all the bases.
As it says in
3Jn 1:2 Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, just as it is well with your soul.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  7:03:52 PM  Show Profile
And Lesley I hit the wrong button before I got a chance to tell you that always remember that Jesus healed them all. I am praying for your peace and good health.
And ladies
1Pe 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that, free from sins, we might live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.
Be healed and whole by the power of the loving sacrifice of our Lord and Savior, Jesus.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  5:43:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Nini, I will pray for your health! I hope that your cardiologist appointment goes well!
Lesley, I also pary for your health! Having health problems is never easy, but God has a plan and He will make sure we're taken care of.
May God bless all you lovely ladies during the summer months!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Sugar Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Pamela Jean
Sugarloaf Ca
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  10:12:10 PM  Show Profile
Yes, one here.

Stand for What's Right!
Go to Top of Page

ModernishHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Colorado
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  12:52:29 PM  Show Profile
Adding all of these to my list. Keep us updated.

Personal update - had two interviews last week and think they both went pretty well. I've had encouraging signs from at least one of them. They said they'd be in touch this coming week. Praying it's a yes and if so, praying I can find a place to move into soon (I have to be out of my current place by no later than June 28th, and of course would want a day or two to clean with an empty house if at all possible) and manage to move on the savings I have set aside.

Dad is doing well on chemo so far, he demolished a steak when my parents and I went out to dinner after graduation last week. Keep him in your prayers though.

Peace.

***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***
I'm just a 20-something girl making a home for me (and my dog) and waiting for the family to fill it!

---

modernishhomemaker.blogspot.com
---
outdooramy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  3:06:45 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies!
Thought I would come on over and say hello.
Much has been going on. Ladies each of you will be in my prayers for certain.

Continuing health issues are never ever fun......I am in similar situations as well.

God is still in control and He has us in the palm of His Hand!! Sometimes for me....it helps to just picture His loving arms!!

Even tho I can't get on the forums as often as I would like? You ladies always bless and inspire me!
Thank you all.....

Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  3:09:30 PM  Show Profile
For any of you in continuing or chronic health issues? Can I reccomend Rest Ministries website. It is a daily blessing! Girlfriends in God is a great site that blesses as well!

Hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2012 :  8:58:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

Beginning this Thursday evening the Catholic Church in America is going to start a fortnight prayer vigil for the protection of religious freedom in our country. It is not a political event, it is simply a time where we all bow our heads and pray for God's blessing and protection. ALL faithful are welcome and encouraged to join this special event! My understanding is that this will not be a celebration of the Mass, but rather simply a time for prayer, worship, and seeking His face.

"Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 18:19

Again, this event will begin this coming Thursday, June 21st at 7:30 PM EST and continue every night at all the Churches throughout the country for the next two weeks through the 4th of July. It would be so wonderful for all of our hearts to be praying together!

"...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

Please keep in mind you don't have to be in a Church or place of worship or even from a particular denomination to participate, and you can pray at home, in the car, at band practice - wherever! If you would like to join the special services, however, you can contact your local Diocese or Catholic Church to receive more information. If your denomination or place of worship is not participating in this event, or if you cannot make it out of the house or to a place of worship, you can also watch the first night of service on EWTN Catholic Television at the same time, if you like. You can visit www.EWTN.com for more information.

I hope that you will join all of us sisters and brothers of faith across America in this most important and meaningful time of prayer. What a glorious time it will be! Just imagine the joy in God's heart as He sees all of His beloved children praying together and trusting in Him!

May God bless us - every one!

Love to you all,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jun 17 2012 9:00:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  09:40:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

Amy, I'm so glad to hear your Dad's appetite is up - that's such great news! Please keep us posted about the job situation!! I'm praying for great things for you!! :)

Thank you girls for your kind thoughts and prayers. STILL waiting on the cardiologist to return my call - I have called twice and left messages with the appointment receptionist. A good friend gave me a referral for another cardiologist in our area who has been seen by a few of her family members, so if I don't hear back today, I'll call my PCP to clear this referral with her and then call him instead.

Eye doctor appointment is tomorrow. They moved up my appointment so they can do the tests that they usually reserve for AFTER the third injection, just to see if there is any progress, and then I can decide right there whether to do the third injection. To be honest, I've noticed my eyesight in that eye worsening rather than improving, so I doubt there is going to be any positive feed back. We'll see.

New things happening - my grandnephew and grandniece may be coming to live with us very soon. It's a long, sordid story, but their parents are in deep trouble, and will be unable to care for them for a long time. Their aunt on their dad's side has them for the time being, but we are slated to be their guardians... it's just a process that takes time. Please pray for all four of them. This is SUCH a painful situation.

My son and his friend were accosted by a mentally challenged person on their way to our home from my son's buddy's home the other night. Long story short, the kids bolted to safety at a neighbor's home and called us. We called 911 and the police were involved. They let him go, even though they knew he was on medication (he was probably on drugs, to be honest, and drunk - the neighbors have since come forward with all sorts of scarey stories about this guy), they "knew" him, so they let him go. No frisking him, no putting him in a cell overnight to sleep it off - they just let him walk the streets on a Saturday night - and there are a lot of kids out there at night in the summer! I don't want to get into the entire story, but if you would please pray for our town, the children and all of the residents, actually, I would really appreciate it. Crime is escalating in our area, and now we feel that we should start fixing up our home and prepare for a move. I know it's going to take a long time for this to happen, but with God's help, it will happen!

Thanks so much - blessings to you all!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  10:52:30 AM  Show Profile
Dear Heavenly Father,
Please be with Nini and her family in all that is going on with them, Help Nini get the right cardiologist to help her and her eyes to improve so that she can deal with what else is going on in her and her family's life.
Please help them to have the strength that they will need to care for their grand nephew and neice, and help them to be able with the transition that will be going on in their lives also and help them to be not afraid with it and know they are loved by these blessed people. Also help this family in their neighborhood and keep them all safe.
Thank you Lord we ask in your precious name....Amen.

Have a good day Nini
love
Darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  11:22:52 AM  Show Profile
My prayers are with you and i hope all the adjustments for the kids go well.

Lesley
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  2:05:10 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I am just checking in to see how things are. My daughter and 1 granddaughter are here as Nikki continues to recouperate from her surgery. So far, things are good. There is not one thing I can tell you about what trials you are going through that you don't know. I know that you know that God uses adversity to strengthen us in the faith and become even more stable than before. The important thing that I can say is that I and others as you can see, will bolster your petitions with our own prayer. Stay steadfast!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

ModernishHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Colorado
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  6:15:59 PM  Show Profile
More praises! I was offered a job today in the mountains (which I love!) . . . new prayer is to find housing within the week and to have the money to afford the move.

Dad still doing good - will see him this weekend when he helps me with moving.

***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***
I'm just a 20-something girl making a home for me (and my dog) and waiting for the family to fill it!

---

modernishhomemaker.blogspot.com
---
outdooramy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2857 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2857 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  7:32:48 PM  Show Profile
Nini.. I am a young (in my spiritual journey) Christian, but I want to let you know that I will be praying for your sweet blessed heart.
Also, Christian Farmgals.. PLEASE pray for babymamam's baby boy. He has a scan tomorrow to determine if the spots in his lungs are gone. This baby boy has been such a little warrior! Here is a link to the most recent part of their journey. http://www.trenchesofmommyhood.blogspot.com/ Please take time to read her recent posts. Such a strong faithed, unwavering mama. Elizabeth!! We love you, your sweet boy, and your whole family!!!
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  7:53:10 PM  Show Profile
Great news Amy, glad to hear you received a job offer. Hope you find the perfect housing spot for your new venture in life. Keeping you and your Dad in my prayers.

Lisa, will keep the family in my prayers.

Lesley
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  9:18:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Nini, I will continue to pray for your health. I really hope everything works out with the new cardiologist. And I will pray for your town. My town is similar, it's a little scary to walk around at night around here!
Lisa, I will keep the little baby boy and his family in my prayers.
Amy, praise God for your new job! That's wonderful news!
Claudia, I'm happy that Nikki is recovering well. I pray that everything continues to go well.
God be with everyone!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  6:16:36 PM  Show Profile
Nini I too am praying. Amy Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  6:38:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi Amy
Congratulations on your job, where in the mountains are you goimg to move to? It is really beautiful up there, I lived in Colorado for 27 years and now I live here in Northwestern CA. It is green her most all the time. I love Colorado but I don't like snow.
Anyway good luck on your new job and move.
Nini I hope your eye test went well today and it is just a little glitch that takes longer to clear up, I hope you get a call from your Cardiologist soon,
Lisa you are on my prayer list as well as everyone else and babymamam and her baby boy. God is with them.. Claudia, Nicki and you all are in my prayers I am glad she is recuperating well.
hugs

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2857 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2857 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  8:07:33 PM  Show Profile
Babymama's little boys scans came back CLEAN!!!!!! Next step is a stem cell transplant. So good to have some blessed news!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  06:03:55 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Lisa for that update. God is good!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  7:56:53 PM  Show Profile
Praise the Lord for that great news!

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  9:32:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Lisa, that is great news! Praise God for the wonderful news!
Megan

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page