True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  09:36:32 AM  Show Profile
Megan,

woo hoo! only 28 days left! (actually less now) I am praying for you too!

Kristina,

Yes, please let us now when surgery is. I am covering everyone involved in prayer.

Laurie,

I always smile when I see your posts :) It is a blessing to be part of this forum.

CJ,

I love that verse! Once I did a study on 'lovingkindness'. Here's what I learned:

Lovingkindness: This noun is derived from the Hebrew word: Chasadh. The noun chasadh means to show oneself kind or merciful. The quality of kindness shown here is that which is usually reserved for close friends and family members.

How awesome to think that the Lord recognizes us as close family members. But then again, we are adopted into His family and He wishes for us to call Him “Abba” which means daddy or papa. Another interesting thing I learned is that most occurrences of this act are often reciprocated, and that it is not unusual for the benefactor (God) to request a return from the recipient (us). With pleasure :)

Have a most blessed day in the Lord ladies!!!

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  2:55:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sharon,
I am smiling right back at you!

"A true friend sticks closer than one's nearest kin"- Proverbs 18:24

Thank you to all of my wonderful farmgirl sisters, You brighten my days and fill me joy!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..

Edited by - laurentany on Apr 24 2012 8:10:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  7:34:53 PM  Show Profile
Kristina I am praying as well for your DH and sister in law. CJ thanks for the verse.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  6:00:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

'Just popping by to let you know that all is well! They're pretty sure this all happened due to my blood pressure, and blood work will soon show whether the sarcoid/neurosarcoidosis is rearing its ugly head again, which is a concern because it can really do a number on your body... But, truly, I'm okay... really okay. The bloody spot on my eye is still there from the first injection, but it should all be cleared up by the weekend - no more glasses! WOO HOO! ;) I am still having a bit of trouble with light, but it's not nearly as bad as it was. Everyone keeps asking what it's like when I see, so here's how to see for yourself: Close your right eye. Hold up your left finger in front of your left eye (kind of to the inside a bit). Can't see much, right? Okay... Keep the finger there and now open your right eye. NOW you can see, right? That's how it is. They blind spot is just really more annoying than anything. I can deal. Like I keep saying, small price to pay to find out something scarey was going on with my health. God's got it all under control, I know He does. It's so good to be His kid!!! ;) So, they started me on new blood pressure medication today, and I feel a little loopy - loose, spaghetti-legged - and everything seems to be moving in strobe... very weird. So I'm not going to stay online too long tonight. But I'll be popping back in with all of you as soon as possible! I miss you, girls!!!! You all really have such a big place in my heart... you'll never know!

I just want to thank you all for your prayers and emails and cards - you are all the absolute best! What did I ever do without you? I am so grateful to have all of you in my life! God bless you!!!

Hugs and happiness to all - 'Talk with you soon!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  7:07:53 PM  Show Profile
You take care of yourself Nini, we love you out here. You have been a blessing in my life, Thanks. and congratulations on what you can see.
Have a good night.
hugs and blessings
darlene

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  9:51:08 PM  Show Profile
Ninibini just wanted to say that we are glad to hear that things are getting better. Keeping you in my prayers and always remember to follow the light and let its glow shine out to others.

Lesley

Edited by - erowease on Apr 25 2012 9:52:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  08:32:49 AM  Show Profile
Nini. Be blessed, coming in and going out. Prosper in health even as your soul prospers. Blessings of Abraham be on you and since Jesus took all of the curses that were in Deuteronomy and only the blessings are left, be totally and completely blessed with all that the Lord has for you.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  4:08:40 PM  Show Profile
So glad for the update Nini. It seems you really have been through the wringer. I know that you are hearing some important things from the Lord, as He always speaks to us in the darkest part of our night. Blessings to you and to your family as I hope they are helping you out.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  8:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Nini-
Thank you so much for updating us. I am so glad that you are feeling a bit better. Continuing to pray for you my dear sister. Be well and feel good.
Blessings and Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  04:26:01 AM  Show Profile
Nini, I am still praying for you. Thanks for the update and the e-mails. :)

Update on dh: He's getting more testing done this morning. They are in a rush to get the kidney transplant done, as his sister is having trouble with her dialysis tubing (port) etc. They are starting to schedule June surgeries, so I hope to have a date soon. Thanks for your prayers.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  06:14:30 AM  Show Profile
Just popping in to say Good Morning and God Bless.

My on-line time is dwindling as gardening kicks in, but loving the blessing from it all. I'm also preparing for my first Farmer's Market. In what time I have left, I am writing for income again. We need farm supplies badly and we haven't even purchased our meat chickens yet. I'm getting worried, and at the same time fighting of worry.

Testing continues for dh. They even asked him if he was forced into the kidney donation.

12 yo dd is sick...taking her to the doctor.

I heard back from Mom regarding her heart surgery. She's having trouble finding doctors in the area to x-ray her first. She's still having a pinching feeling in her ribs where they broke them for the last heart surgery. She's undecided on doing another surgery yet.

On a good note: goat's milk soap went great the second time around! Yay!

Have a blessed week!

Yesterday, I watched an on-line sermon with my 10 yo. She enjoys it too.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  06:49:38 AM  Show Profile
Nini...so glad to hear that your eye-sight is getting better, sweet sister. Remember that our Brother The Apostle Paul...had to go through darkness to see what God's real purpose for him was. I'm not saying that you do not know your purpose in Christ...I am just saying that in times of affliction...God draws us closer to Himself to open our eyes to other possibilities around us. His agenda verses our agenda.
Draw nearer to him and he will draw nearer to you. I know that when God brings something into my life out of left field...that He always is drawing me heart to heart...to show me in those times of quiet (when all I can really do is focus fully on Him)... He most always reveals His new plan and purpose.
"See, I am doing a new thing..." Isaiah 43:19

I am always excited to "see" what that new thing is.
May the God of all comfort...bring you gently through this time. He the gentle lover of our soul!

To all you Ladies...I want to share a quote that I heard at Church yesterday.
Our Pastor is doing a series on suffering and how our Testing becomes
our Testimony! To who God is in our lives...so that we too might comfort others with
the same comfort that we have been comforted with. (the short version of 2 Corith. 1:4-7)
Anyway...he used a quote by J. Vernon McGee that I loved.

"This is God's universe, and he does things his way.
You may have a better way, but you do not have a universe."

Now that is a slice of truth that we can all chew on for awhile.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  08:29:50 AM  Show Profile
Kristina - I'm still praying, girl! Please keep us posted! Love to you, sister!

I know exactly what you mean, Peggy - I do. I always look at these things in a positive light because I know God has a purpose in everything. It can either drag you down or lift you higher - that choice is always ours. When these crazy things happen, I press into God to figure out what He wants me to do with them. This time, though, I really believe He allowed this to happen as a warning about what is going on with my system. I've still got to go for bloodwork, but we knew a long time ago that the neurosarcoidosis could come back as sarcoid and start attacking me in other areas. If it moves to my lungs - God forbid - I've been told it's over. My blood pressure seemed to be under control, but they think maybe now I'm looking at sarcoid again or a thyroid issue. I've been experiencing a lot of sarcoid symptoms, but have been ignoring them. The Lord completely healed me from neurosarcoidosis a few years ago - even masses in my brain simply disappeared! So I've been trying to keep hold of the healing and ignoring the other things that were happening... probably not such a good idea. Prior to seeing the eye doctor, I honestly thought I had been sitting too long at the computer or straining my eyes or something. Then one night the Lord prompted me to open my Bible and the passage spoke about giving doctors the respect they are due because the Lord gave them their gift. I cannot for the life of me recall the passage - I'll have to look it up again, but the words could not have been more clearly spelled out. I truly believe the Lord used this passage to remind me that I shouldn't be so wary of and shy away from doctors. He also used it to encourage me to call and find out what was happening with my eye. I have had so many bad experiences with doctors, and many times have felt more like a guinea pig than a patient being cared for, that I just don't go unless I absolutely have to go. Thankfully in January, I found a really good physician whom I trust, who really listens, who really explains and who really cares. She actually gives her patients a big hug when greeting them, and another when she parts ways. She doesn't outrightly share her faith, but she has alluded to it, and I am very, very grateful to have her. She had sent me to the hospital back in January, and they kept me overnight for testing, but ended up saying it was all a "big honkin' mistake" that I was even sent there, let alone kept overnight. That "big honkin' mistake" has cost me a small fortune, so after that I pretty much resolved to forgo the doctor unless I was dying. I'm thankful to the Lord for humbling me in my thinking, and for sparing me death by a silent killer, you know? I still don't like doctors, but I have to say that I really trust my personal physician and my opthamologist (who is also an eye surgeon). They have both indicated deep concern about this sarcoid business. There is little known about the disease and little research done about it because there are so few people who have it. It's painful, miserable, life-altering and scarey as all get. The medicines make you physically uncomfortable and unhealthy as well. And I am one of the people who don't even fit the picture of a person who would ever have this disease - most doctors are shocked to learn I have it! - but I do. I have one aunt who has suffered with many different auto-immune diseases, but this is not one of them. Lucky me - I'm "special." ;) I just really thought that when the Lord healed me way back, that it would be over. For good. For ever. It's not, and although I really do trust Him completely for all of this, I have to be honest and tell you that deep, deep down, I'm grieving over it a little bit. I don't want to go back to living the way I was when I was sick. Then again, we all have crosses to bear, right? I'm no different than anyone else - we all have something different to contend with. I understand that. I refuse to succumb to the symptoms, but this past weekend I've had some serious pain that I hadn't had in years, and... Man, I don't want to cry, but I can't help it... I just don't want to go through all of this again. I know the Lord has a purpose in everything, I do. And if going through all of this can somehow glorify Him and help others who go through trials, than I want to be that person who can help encourage them. I never ask, "Why me?" because to me this is a privilege. The Lord granted me a wonderful reprieve and in that time I have had so many wonderful experiences that perhaps I could not have had the disease taken hold of me. I'm so young - I have so much I want to do, so much I want to share with my family and loved ones. But the Lord has granted me these gifts - both of health and illness - and I am grateful. This draws me closer to Him in more ways than I ever could have imagined, and subsequently, I can be a light shining the way for others. I just have to keep my oil lamp full!!! Now I just keep moving forward. I pray to have the necessary graces to always honor and glorify Him. Whatever He has in store will be so much greater than anything I could have imagined for myself. The key, I think, is to focus on the miraculous and wonderful things that do happen when we go through these kinds of things, instead of focusing on the scarey, painful or sickening. I have a dear friend who has suffered very, very much throughout her life. Although she is a woman of faith, her illnesses and sufferings have almost become a prison for her mind - she cannot see past them in order to live life as fully as possible. Even when she has opportunity to release herself from the chains that bind her, she chooses their comfort over possible freedom, if that makes sense. Sometimes it seems she prefers hiding behind her illness so she doesn't have to live - like trying to live would be too hard. I'm not saying that right, I know.... She chooses to allow it to bind her and she focuses on it so much that her life is entirely passing her by. I don't think that is how God wants us to respond to suffering. I'm not saying that she shouldn't give herself time to heal and lick her wounds, but what I'm saying is that she should not allow them to inhibit her from celebrating the life that she has been given. I have known her for 16 years, and most of that time life has passed her by. She won't even try. I never ever ever ever ever want to be like that. I want to find joys in the simple gifts - the simple moments - that God gives me. Everything else is gravy, you know? I'm sorry... I know I'm rambling. I'm feeling a little blue about the possible implications of what is happening, and I am mustering up my strength and chutzpah to overcome in every area possible. A scarey thing started happening this weekend in addition to the pain. I'm bruising. A light touching pass of another person, an itchy hand or ankle lightly scratched, my husband gently bumping me in the night, and I wind up with massive, ugly bruises. I'm hoping it's the medication, which can be changed, I'm sure. But in the back of my mind, I have that itching concern it could be something more, so I pray and try not to be scared. Gosh, I know how doomey-gloomey this sounds I don't mean to. I just have to get it all out I suppose. No more rambling... Thank you for letting me go on, and for taking in my words and for turning them into specific prayer, okay? I don't like being weighed down in poor-me-pity-parties because I have way too many people counting on me, of course, but mostly because it really doesn't glorify Him, which should always be our goal in life. It's just very comforting to know that all of you are my sisters in Christ who love, understand and pray with me. You are one of those special gifts I cherish most in life!

And oooooooh! how I LOVE J. Vernon McGee, Peggy - If I'm lucky enough to find myself in the car when his program is on, I listen and smile. He was such a special gift to all of us. I'm so happy for him to think that right now as we celebrate his words of Christ and Christian hope that he himself is celebrating eternal life in His presence. He must be having a blast with God, don't you think?! I wonder what was the first thing he did when he got there, and what his first words to Jesus were... I can only imagine the smiles and hugs they exchanged!

Happy, blessed day, girls! Glorify Him with every fiber of your being!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  08:36:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh - I keep forgetting... Remember I mentioned that wonderful priest who gave us that wonderful explanation about forgiveness (that was me then, thank you Lord for making me who I am now)? Well, Father Edmund Sylvia is his name, and he suffered a heart attack last week. Please pray for his continued healing and health. I just adore the man - he loves God and just oozes the Holy Spirit! I want him to be well... We need him and all the men and women like him that we can get! Thanks so much for praying for him! God bless!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  10:11:31 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
"For the Lord is a Great GOD, and a Great KING, above all gods,
in whose Hand are the depths of the earth; the peaks of the
mountains are His also. The sea is His, for it He who made it;
and His Hands formed the dry land".
Psalm 95:3-5

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 04 2012 9:49:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  11:51:05 AM  Show Profile
Blessings Nini. In Hebrew class she was talking about how God spoke things into existence in Genesis and that we should always attempt to find something positive about any situation in order to give God something positive to work on in our lives by speaking it out. Nini, I think you have a really good handle on that one already. It may not be a case of "losing healing" but of being in a position to demonstrate God's goodness to someone else.
God was also speaking to me about the new and old testament and that the old one was the basis for the new. But I was trying to figure that out because Jesus said it was new so how could the old be beneath the new as that was the law. Then just this am driving into work I was listening to Andrew Wommack and his teaching on Highlights of Hebrews. He mentioned that the very first covenant God made with man was with Abraham and that was a covenant of faith not laws and that it had not gone away and that the covenant of the law was of course fulfilled by Jesus. I need to discuss this with God a bit more but think I begin to see the shining light of revelation here.
Wommack gets a bit of flack from certain denominations for being against the "sovereignty" of God. What Wommack is saying is that God put natural laws into effect on earth and that we need to work within that framework whenever possible as that brings us unending blessings. He is well aware that God can do anything and has done so as his own son was raised from the dead after being dead for 5 hours, in the morgue with a toe tag. Miracles are available to us but when we need a miracle we are not moving in the spiritual realm in a manner that invites and cultivates the blessings that God has for us. That makes sense to me. The other thing that I like about Wommack is that he will give his teachings for free to those who cannot afford them. He and his wife when young really wanted a teaching at a conference and could not afford it so he promised God that he would give his stuff to those in need when he started his ministry.
Blessings all and praying for your friend and priest Nini.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  2:52:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Cherime! I heard a really good study (sermon?) about this recently. I cannot even for the life of me remember who the teacher was... Maybe it was even at Mass or something I read on this strain. I'll have to go back and look into my big pile of Bible notes. Anyhow, the teacher discussed how when a person is making a mold, like for ceramics or for wax, he is very careful to carve out all the details. He has to be painstaking about his work to ensure that once he fills it with the material it will turn out perfectly as he had conceived/planned. Then he pours in the material and wait for it to set. Once set, the mold is no longer necessary, because the artist now has the real thing - the finished product intended from the start. Once you have the finished product, the mold isn't necessary anymore. The artist's work is done. Complete. Perfection. That is kind of how we have to relate the Old Testament to the New. Originally, God carved out the entire plan with every detail for us until the time came for Him to send His Son and pour out the Holy Spirit. Once Jesus came, we had the finished product - complete perfection - not only as an example, but God even poured out His Holy Spirit upon us so this new "nature," if you will would become as natural to us as breathing. Prior to His coming, we had to live by the law, as it was the pattern set forth for us to follow. Now we follow the Real Deal, and He is part of us rather than a written word to obey. God spoke, Mary conceived and brought forth His Son. Jesus lived and died for the Father's sake and ours. He closed the gap, reunited the lost prodigals with their loving Father, and now we have life! Jesus is the Living Word - Living, Breathing, Alive, Faithful, Trustworthy, True, and Undeniable. He is the heel that crushed the serpent - He has overcome the evil that demands lies, confusion, sin and slavery. He has set us free! Jesus was very clear, however, that would couldn't rely on the law (the original mold) for our salvation - that HE is our salvation, and that requires faith and "eyes to see," which He has also given us. He also was very clear that He didn't come to do away with the law, but to perfect or complete it. HE is the finished product - the candle lighting the world, if you will. If you think about it, we can burn the mold, but it would give off a much different light and warmth than the candle would. Jesus is the candle that will burn eternally and lead us home. His light will never burn out, and because of it we will always be lead out of the darkness. And we have His spark in us - the Holy Spirit. The law still has its place - it helps guide us and it is used as a measuring rod. But in itself it cannot save us. Only Jesus does that. Now because we have the Holy Spirit residing within us, it's as if the law is now part of us - written on our hearts and minds. The law, through the Holy Spirit, like I said, is now as natural to us as breathing. Our humanity, our sinful nature can prevent us from hearing the prompting of the Holy Spirit, but the Holy Spirit can never be quenched in us, for Jesus has overcome evil and sin. We are still spiritual works in progress, only now through Him we have an even deeper understanding of who we are, and what God wants for us - what He means to us. Am I making any sense? I'm going to have to go see if I still have it in my notes. As I'm typing, I'm thinking it was a sermon by one of our priests at Mass during the Easter season, though. I can call to see if I can obtain a copy of it - we'll see. It was very powerful. Very powerful. I would love to share it with all of you in the way it was spoken - I know he said it soooo much better. :) I'll see what I can find...

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  3:40:35 PM  Show Profile
Nini...I don't think anybody could explain that more clearly than you just did. That was a beautiful
explanation! Jesus is The Perfect that has come...we no longer need the mold...other than to show us
why we so desperately needed a Savior in the first place.

There is nothing wrong with expressing fear, concern or even questioning our pain, Nini. I know what
Sarcoidosis is...it is a scaring of the lung tissue. My ex worked as a Chemical Driver for about 3 yrs.
He started to come down with symptoms of it. His company made him sign a waver that they were not responsible for the problem; though we knew the chemicals were. But without talking to me my husband
signed the release of liability form, for fear of losing his job if he didn't. And as soon as the
company had that piece of paper in their hands (with-in a two week period) they fired him on some trumpted
up charge. I have never heard of neurosarcoidosis before...but I am assuming it is a scaring/damage of the nerves??? I am assuming that you have never worked around industrial chemicals since everyone seems so
shocked that you are afflicted with this, is that correct? Besides your blood red eye...what are the other symptoms that you are now dealing with? You mentioned brain tumors in your past, was that part of this
illness or something seperate? I do thank you for sharing Nini because we can better know how to pray
for you...though God knows and that is all that really matters. You do not have to feel like your faith is
wavering because it is not. It is just another big opportunity to trust God and talking about it openly allows us to help lift you up and share in your burden.

I would like to share the 4 ways a Test Becomes a Testimony from our Sunday Message.

1. You Praise God through your suffering.

2 Corinth. 12:9 and 2 Corinth1:3 ; James 1:2

WE CHOOSE TO BE BETTER NOT BITTER

2. We See God's Purpose in the Suffering We are Experiencing

2 Corinth 1:4-7, 1 Thessal.5:11, Galatians 6:2

3. We Persevere Through The Suffering

2 Corinth 1:8-11, Romans 5:3

4. The Promise of Suffering is Always Temporary

2 Corinth 4:16-18, Revelation 12:11, John 16:33

You will notice that most of these words came from Brother Paul...who knew suffering more than him? Only Christ Jesus!

I just want to share that our Pastor and his wife...had just gotten notice 4 days before Sunday...that
their 21 year old son (who is in Mexico) just relapsed and was back on Heroine after a year of being off
the stuff. Their hearts were devestated...but still Pastor John and Michelle...stood up and delivered this
message in the midst of their own very difficult circumstances. Knowing that even though they felt like being anywhere but up on that stage on Sunday...their Test was a testimony they needed to share. Even right their in the midst of their pain. They thought their son David...was healed and headed for the Ministry and
we had all been rejoicing with them for a year.( And I know God is NOT done with David...because God never stops Persuing Us...He Loves Us Too Much Too Give Up On Us. And we can never fall so far that He can't reach us.) They say that 97% of Heroine addicts never beat the addiction. Well my Pastor and our Congregation are 3% Believers that
God can save David and heal him for good. Nothing is Impossible with God! Amen?
I am so glad that Pastor John and his wife let us be a part of their pain and suffering. It was a story
everyone needed to hear and share in, Nini...just like yours. Thank you for allowing us to go through this with you.
You are NOT alone in your suffering and pain. You thought you were healed once...we thought David was too...
LIFE Happens and sometimes we need a second touch from The Great Physician. I Know you TRUST Him with your life. And we do too!

love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 30 2012 3:53:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  6:53:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Peggy - your post felt like a really warm, compassionate, understanding hug and just brought me to tears. Thank you, my dear sister. I love you.

I can't believe someone actually has heard of this! The way they explained it to me is that, when the neurosarcoidosis is active, my immune system basically recognizes my nervous system as the enemy and seeks out to attack and destroy it. That's just the simplest way of putting it. I understand that this disease has many symptoms in common with multiple sclerosis, lupus, and Huntingdon disease, to name a few. All of them are so closely related, but diagnosed based on different enzymes or something, I think... I can't remember, I'm sorry. It's been so long, and I really thought I had put it all behind me. It was horrible. I know that it can manifest in different ways in the body, but mine manifested a huge attack on my nervous system. I had just typed a loooong explanation of my experience, but decided to delete it. The past is the past, and I don't want to dwell on it and make myself paranoid about every little thing that I have been feeling lately. We'll just wait for the bloodwork to come back. Plus I don't want to scare or worry anybody - especially if it turns out that this is not what is happening with me. One step at a time, right? I just pray to God they don't do another spinal tap. I got the spinal headache from that - "beached brain" they called it - and ahd to have the epidural blood patch. Archaic, yes, but God bless the person who discovered it, because it took away the agony in minutes. ANYHOW, They told me over and over that we had to watch the lungs, though, because it could just make me stop breathing, and it'd be over. Thankfully it never went there. Let's pray it never does. :)

Oh! And no, I never worked around anything chemical. This is just an autoimmune disease. They said they do not know what causes it, it just happens. Not very comforting to hear, that's for sure.

Please know that I have a very close relative who also had been a heroine addict for most of his life. He went through hell and back with it, too. It took many, many years and the grace of God, but today he is clean and sober and heroine-free. It can happen. I will keep your pastor and his wife in my prayers, for sure. It's a very, very difficult and painful thing for not only the addict, but the family who loves him. My heart really aches for them, Peggy. God give them strength, faith and perseverance!

Thanks so much again - I can't tell you how much I appreciate all that you have said.

May God bless us - every one!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Apr 30 2012 6:57:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  8:49:37 PM  Show Profile
Blessings o tyou all my dear farmgirl sisters! Just love reading all of your posts and wisdoms.
Nini- great to see you back around on the farm- we miss you when you are gone! Glad you are feeling better.
Peggy- I will pray for David, to beat this ugly addiction. Drugs scare me to death- always have. Now being the mom of an almost 14 year old and almost 12 year old I am scared even more. Just dont know what this world has come to.
Praying that God continues to watch over each and every one of us.
Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  09:07:04 AM  Show Profile
All else was a type and shadow of the salvation to come, Jesus. True. And he fulfilled the law. The covenant of Abraham, prior to the giving of the law as a covenant of faith whereas the law was that mold, showing what should be done and mankind was not able to sufficiently able to fill the void so God himself came to earth to provide the necessary element to fulfill what was needed. The covenant between God and Abraham was not based on anything other than the faith that Abraham had in God and that God would fulfill all the promises that he made to Abraham. So it seems to me that the covenant made before the law was given was the foundation that was laid that proved that faith not works was to be the basis of our relationship with a loving God. God most certainly loved Abraham and Abraham most certainly loved God.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  09:13:46 AM  Show Profile
NIni Bless you dear, and I think that we all fear illness especially as we get older. And all on the media is designed to get us into the doctor's office with concerns about what ifs. You had a what if already that needs to be gone and stay gone. That is what I will continue to pray for in this instance. That the positive side, your wonderful heart will touch someone that desperately needs that touch, and then off you go again, free and clear. God bless you mightily will all the good things at are in heavenly places.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  1:46:22 PM  Show Profile
Nini...the love is mutual dear one! I don't know if I have shared on this forum or not that I too have
an auto-ammune disorder. It is Fibromyalgia/chonic fatigue along with two forms of arthritis. That is
kind of why I was asking you what your symptoms were. All auto-aummune disorders are somewhat inner-
related. Fibro is alot like MS too...and many other diseases. But it is always your body turning against itself. I have studied this so much over my 10 yrs of being disabled. I think I know more about the disease
than most doctors. I know that it runs in families (my mom, aunt, sister, brother and I all have it or have had it...my brother died of cancer five yrs ago). It also is affected by chemicals in the environment (in our part of the country we had a Nucueler Power Plant for many years; just recently we were informed by the news media that back in my school age days; our government had the Power Plant release radiation into the
air in small doses to see what affects it would have on the general population. (Nice...Huh?) Anyway...I lived in the Spokane area at the time and we got the worse affects of the fall out there) The Spokane area has the most highly populated area of people with Fibromyalgia and other autoammune disorders than anywhere else in the County. It is also very weather affected. When you have an auto-ammune disorder or any of the
arthritises (also auto-ammune) you feel the pain through your entire body when the berometrics change. Or simpler put...when storms come in and out of your area. I live in constant pain every day of my life. It feels like you have the flu and all your joint and muscles ache (those are my good days). When I have Fibro flares...I can be in bed, in extreme pain (where nobody can touch me) for days. And I sleep constantly. My Dr. said that that sleep is my body trying to "RESTORE or HEAL" itself. I can sleep and sleep and sleep and still be fatigued. I also had a bad case of Shingles 10 yrs ago, and it left me with nerve damage...which just all plays into the whole Fibro thing too. So Nini, believe me darlen when I say...I get your pain and I understand why you are scarred. For the first 2 yrs of my Fibro I felt like my Life had been Shattered like a dropped mirror. Nothing in my life was...what it had been...and I mourned the LOSS of my life and health...and I went into a deep depression. It took God a full two years to show me...that He could still use me, that he did not have to redefine me, and that all I needed to do was accept my "New Reality". It was going to be a painful existence but it was not going to take my life. And in my weakness...God would be Glorified and give me His strength. ~ I hope this sharing helps!~ It is a very long story made short for
everyone's benefit. Just know...what does not kill us...makes us stronger!

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 01 2012 1:47:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  6:46:51 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Laurie & Cherime... Your hugs are felt in my heart. God bless you both! Love you both dearly, too.

Oh, Peggy! I did NOT know that! I'm so sorry - I totally understand what you're going through. You know, one of my aunts always used to say that she was convinced I had Fibromyalgia because of the way I described what I was going through. Yes, Fibromyalgia is very similar to NS. Very similar. The pain you describe is pretty much what I used to experience. The weather made it worse, but heat was as bad as cold which was as bad as the rain... And simply lying in bed hurt. There was never a comfortable moment. High pitched screeching pain running all throughout my entire body - that's the only way I can describe it. Even my face hurt - my cheeks, my jaw, my chin... I'll never forget it. Sometimes it felt almost as if my body was turning into rock - like I could feel it turning into rock and my bones felt like they were splintering in places. My bones hurt, my muscles hurt... everything hurt. The pain was excruciating - just high pitched screeching pain... if it had a sound, it would've sounded like the dentist's drill. Nothing really stopped it or took the edge off, either. It hurt when I moved, it hurt when I was sedentary, it hurt while I slept. Misery. God is merciful, though. He never allowed me more than I could bear. And praise Jesus! He healed me! So, even the mere idea that it could be back... I can't think about it.

I know exactly that feeling of your life and your body shattering... And nobody really can understand what it's like. I have a very senstitive spot for those who are suffering with any kind of pain, because it really doesn't have a "face," you know? It's hard for people to fathom. Other than being swollen and moving like I was in bondage, I looked normal. I did whatever I could, but that was only followed by more "punishment," if you will. I've been having pain in my arms and hands again, and my body is swelling up again for no reason. I see the signs but I'm trying to dismiss them. There is still the chance that it's not the NS. It doesn't have to be the NS. But the stuff going on with my heart (left branch bundle block) and with my blood pressure really could be a result of the disease, because everything else seems "normal." I just am trying so hard not to think about it or dwell on it. I don't want to make myself paranoid and talk myself into having it again, you know? I'm just praying Jesus will heal whatever it is that's going on with me... and YOU... and anyone else who goes through this kind of thing. But, like I said, His will be done...whatever His purpose, I'm ready to serve...AND to fight! My life for His glory! :)

Oh... I feel just so, so bad to think you go through this, Peggy. Now I know how to pray for YOU, dear sister. I'm so sorry. And yet, I'm so glad we both shared, because now we can pray for each other, and now we know someone who really understands. God love and bless you. We'll honor Him together - I'm here with you every step of the way!

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  12:59:04 AM  Show Profile
Nini...you are spot on girl, on your Fibro pain discription. You Know!
So, we both know how to pray for each other...let's not bore these girls with our
horror stories any more! Lol But please do keep us updated on anything your find
out currently from the Drs. And email me anytime dear Sister and I will email you too.
And I am all for healing...though many prayers have gone up for me in the past 10 yrs...
(though God can heal me any time) and I will Praise His Holy Name just the same as I do
in the midst of it all!

blessings and love,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page