star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  08:21:36 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, so much, Nini! You are full of such wisdom. I probably should schedule a long session with my priest too....just to get some of this junk out. Bless you and hugs and prayers

We can do no great things; only small things with great love - Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  09:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi my Christian Sisters...
Posts are all a Blessing. Praying for you all in your needs. I must add a few of my own comments. God did not give us a spirit of fear or anxiety. Alot of our fears and anxieties come from our experiences we've had in life that trigger our responses. Each and everyone of us have learned experiences. That is what makes us who we are. We however have a choice as to trusting ourselves or God. We all know and trust God even though it may be a struggle at times. He is a Loving and Kind Father who wants us to come to Him and lay down our heavy burdens and have Peace. He does not want to punish us but guide us. Sometimes he lets us experience trials to teach us a lesson. He lets us do it our way and decide who's way is better. He never falters. We do. He is always there to pick us back up and say, Welcome home my child. It has taken me years and years to fully put my faith in the right order...God first and everything else after. I have more Peace than I can even describe. My husband belittles me about my faith and abuses me mentally and verbally. He just went on a tirade yesterday. What I wouldn't give for a partner that loved and respected me. I put up with everything our whole marriage until the last year when I made God first in my life and it is what saved my life. God doesn't want me to live in fear and anxiety and I won't. I now am liking myself and my imperfect body,LOL!, and am able to persevere the situation. God Bless all of you who have Godly spouses...it's half the battle. Just know that God doesn't punish us and neither should your church or congregation. Judge not that yea be judged. Bless you all and I will be praying for you today while I'm in the MRI machine for an hour! Please keep me in your prayers. You are also what saved my life. God brought us all together to Glorify His Holy name and spread His Gospel! Peace and Love.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  09:20:15 AM  Show Profile
I don't know how many of you believe in the "enemy of our souls"...the devil and his cohorts, but scripture says he comes as a thief to steal, kill & destroy. (John 10:10)But the verse goes on to say that (Jesus) came to give life and give it more abundantly. If the enemy can get us to alienate ourselves from others, to hurl accusations and not forgive others... and not to forgive ourselves, he has won a victory. He is out to destroy us, our relationships with one another and our relationship with God. That does not exempt us though. To accept OUR forgiveness, scripture is clear in verses such as James 5:16 to confess our sins (to one another), pray for one another. We have to realize we have done wrong first...confess it to God, to a priest, to the one we have wronged...and then ask God for forgiveness. We can not bypass that important step. I've heard people say...well, I'll go out partying tonight, but God will forgive me for getting drunk (a poor example), but I hope you know what I mean. We just can not go on sinning and really expect God to forgive us without trying to change. I think when we go through that confession and then ask for forgiveness, it may be easier to forgive ourselves.

Now the other thing. What I am going to say is what the Lord has been dealing with me about. In the words that Jesus said in His Sermon on the Mount (starting Matt 5), there is a portion around v21 that states if we are angry with our brother (encompassing many...since I am an only child ;0) )that we leave our offering to God and be reconciled with our brother, before we go back to God. So many hurl insults or maybe even just gossip about a fellow Christian, a neighbor, stretch the truth about another...even as far away as a political official. In Luke 6, Luke even says that doing those things, it makes us hypocrites. I felt chastened in this past political run, as I passed things along as emails that I didn't know if they were truth or not. I felt as though I had sinned and without forgiveness, would be judged by God. He is our Judge and He is their Judge. I know I am a bit off the track that has been discussed, but our country is now divided, not pulling together, but apart. I felt if we worked together, we might get out of our mess, but as long as we allowed the enemy to separate us, we become weak. Even though I don't agree with the present administration in everything, I have felt compelled to pray for them instead of spouting anger and 4 letter words at them. Know what I mean? Prayer moves mountains...

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  09:29:05 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, I just read your post that you got in before I had finished mine. I was touched by your words. Bless you today during your MRI, and thank you for your prayers. One thing to remember that even though your husband belittles you, he is sanctified.. (1 Cor. 7: 13-14), so God has His hand on your husband. We can all speak to things that are not always perfect in our marriage. I likewise and so happy about this group of ladies. May you all have a blessed day.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  11:11:03 AM  Show Profile
Darlene and Claudia thank you for your words. We must continue to thank God for his guidence and pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ. Claudia I agree with you that until we as a nation can come together as one, we will continue to experience the backlash of differences. We must keep prayers going for our world. Darlene I'm praying that your MRI turns out ok today. And I have many times seen that when I think my way was the best, have soon found that to be wrong. There have been many situations in my life, that had I found, that if I had not given it to the Lord, who knows where I'd be today. He's the way, the only way! Praying for everyone that is struggling today. And thank you to all our MJF friends for being here to support each other. And share HIS word. Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  6:57:34 PM  Show Profile
I love this thread...always a word I need. Thank you ladies

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  9:26:18 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Me too! Thank you girls!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  10:31:57 AM  Show Profile
I have thought alot of the verse several talked about..."Be still and know that I am God," (Ps 46:10) I wanted to read what others said about that verse. I found a site by a Hebrew Christian..or Messianic Christian..and thought maybe you would like to read it also. It is:
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Meditations/Be_Still/be_still.html. There are many more things to learn there. Blessings.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  08:27:37 AM  Show Profile
Very inspiring story!

quote:
Originally posted by maggie14

I thought I would share this story with you all if thats ok.

This is a true story.
Once there was a young girl who decided to take a short cut home from school. The fastest way to her house was to cut through an alley. The girl approached the alley. She'd seen a man as though he was waiting for someone. She said a prayer: "Dear God, Please lead me through this alley safe and unharmed. Amen." The girl walked through the alley and pasted the man. Later on that night the girl decided to watch the news. She saw the mans mugshot from the alley guilty of murder and rape against a young girl. The police said that man told them another girl had passed through the alley 10 minutes before. They asked him why he didn't attack the first girl. He said there was a man walking beside her. Jesus Christ walks with us. We deny his presence, but he is always here.

Anyway, just thought this was a neat story and it just goes to show that God does answer prayer.
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!

Farmgirl #800

http://momzonetakingtimeformom.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  2:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
I came across a box of greeting cards at a garage sale and have come across some wonderful cards. There are beautiful Catholic Christmas and everyday cards from 1958 to the 60s. I even found a 1942 new stamp. If any of you Catholic sisters would like some of these cards just email me your addresses and I will send you some. They are just beautiful and I'm sure you will love them.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  2:34:30 PM  Show Profile
I am!

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  3:29:00 PM  Show Profile
I love you Christian farmgirls. You make me feel so happy as I read the posts.....Sisters in Christ. Thank you!!!!!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  4:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I agree 100% with your post Shirley! :) I'm so glad this got started!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  4:34:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls - I've been busy the past few days, catching up on the posts. Such wonderful, edifying words of faith! You're all such blessings to me! Darlene - I just shot you an email about the cards you found; you are so generous to share with us! Thank you! :) - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  4:48:56 PM  Show Profile
Thank you girls for sharing your hearts and your love of our Lord! I have not been on lately, and was just reading the last several days of Inspiration - Nini, you touch my heart with your words of wisdom. I understand your heart being pierced, as I have been in a similar situation, only mine was at work. I did speak my faith in the Lord to my co-workers and to the Dean of Education. It was taken well, and that is not something I would normally do. I would usually clam up and quietly stew. That time the Lord gave me boldness (actually I can only think of two time He has given me boldness!) - then there are times when He doesn't. Prayer for that couple is a wonderful gift - as someone said, some plant seeds, some water, some weed and some harvest. I would love to be the one to harvest, but that is not how the Lord normally uses me! I'm a planter, and probably a weeder! LOL
Darlene, keeping you in my prayers for your home situation. Will be praying specifically for your husband.
Thank you for this thread, it is wonderful!
hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  5:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Nini,
Sent you an email and as soon as I get your address I will send you some cards. You won't believe how beautiful and spiritual they are. When I think that they could have been burned and instead I got them...God is good...All the time.

Ruth...Thank you for your kind words and prayers. Never can have to many prayers, can we? How are your blocks coming along? Your Fall ones are beautiful. Mine were coming along beautifully and then my sewing machine froze. It works in reverse but won't go forward. Do you think I can sew backwards? LOL! I had a similar situation at work. Usually I don't rattle the cage but one day I walked in to the Administrator and Director of Nursing and said I'm here with God but I don't know who you are here with. Of course they look at you like you're nuts but I was so calm and it felt soooooo good.

Come on girls if you want some cards just email me.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  7:25:02 PM  Show Profile
Ruth - you're so right - I never have head it said "some plant seeds, some water, some weed, some harvest," before, but I love it! I'm probably more a planter and water-er. I have trouble with weeding - figuratively AND literally! LOL! And I've only had a few harvests, but they were the most wonderful experiences I've ever had. :) It's so amazing when we cede to the power of the Lord and allow Him to work through us, isn't it? I love that you received that boldness - I have it, but I have to watch it, because I'm a little bit "over enthusiastic" at times. I always worry I'll overwhelm people. It's just so mind-altering to me, though, when people don't believe. I take it for granted, I suppose, because to me faith is a given. It's like breathing or feeling your heartbeat!

And Darlene - I believe that calm is what you call the "peace that surpasses all understanding!" Amen?! I love receiving that gift from God! When it happens, no matter what is going on all around me, I truly know that I can, as Star's favorite verse says, "be still and know that <He is> God!" AWESOME!!!

My heart is so full - I just treasure you all! Hugs, Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

meggy2
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

barb
Flemington Missouri
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  8:22:03 PM  Show Profile
Christian here. Check out the Bible study that's starting tomorrow on this chat connection
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  8:51:48 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I love that Ruth! I think I am more of a waterer. :) I love you all so much!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  5:40:16 PM  Show Profile
I always feel so blessed when I come to this thread. Prayers for each of you today and that you have had a day of peace and joy and God's hand upon each of you.

blessings
TAmmy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  9:14:21 PM  Show Profile
Barb - I can't find the new Bible study... Where is it? I'm very interested! Thanks - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  09:24:24 AM  Show Profile
I need prayer today.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  11:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Claudia, I'm praying for you sweetie!!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  11:40:04 AM  Show Profile
Claudia, You are in my prayers sweet gal!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  11:52:49 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for you Claudia! Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page