Page: of 92

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  7:50:38 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Pegg. I really appreciate the encouragement. It's funny because when my mother in law has to miss church, I tell her exactly what you just said. I guess sometimes we can be too hard on ourselves in similar situations. I will keep searching. Just like many other things, we just need to try on different sizes.

I'm so glad I found this thread!

Forever farmgirl

http://throughethelseyes.blogspot.com/

Edited by - CountryKim on Jan 30 2012 7:51:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  05:29:01 AM  Show Profile
I am so thankful we live in a country where we are free to go to a church and worship publicly and not in fear of being caught. I think I take it for granted sometimes. My home has a bible literally in every room and yet in some parts of the world people are so thrilled to have a few pages torn from a bible they can share in secret. Makes me get up on Sunday and go. Not because I have to to be with God but it reinforces the body of Christ. Seeing others of a like faith strenghtens our faith.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  05:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
"I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and
gave Himself for me".
Galations 2:20

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  07:46:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all!

So enjoy and get blessed by the posts .

I, too, am church looking. I have stopped stressing about it so much tho?!
It is a 'building' where worship and fellowship happens. Which is great. But it is just as great to have bible study and still receive the fellowship thru others, such as friends, family members etc. with health issues, it isn't always easy to get out. And many are home bound totally.
I feel church (building) is important. Yet God desires our focus on Him, studying His Word, prayer, sharing with others and learning from others. That can happen anywhere we choose!! And we all are SO blessed to live in a land of freedom to do that !! So so grateful !

Ladies, our sister Brenda (Classygram). Their computer is down and will be for awhile. She sends farmgirl hugs and misses the forums so much!
I am doing a card shower for her under hogs and quiches if any of you would like to join in!

I have listened to Jesse as well! Loved what he said, Marlee!!

Hope each of you have a great day! Thankful for you!

Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  10:08:39 AM  Show Profile
You know Girls...if our Government came and boarded up All The Doors Of All The Churches...
People would be clammering to get back into them. They'd be breaking the doors down. Literally!
But since we have all this Freedom in our Country...Church becomes less and less important to
people. It is something to seriously ponder.

Love what you shared Lea, CJ, and Linda.

"God with out Man is still God. Man with out God is Nothing!"

Living Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  12:14:59 PM  Show Profile
Got this email from Nini. Please pray for her. Will let you know as I hear....

Hi girls -

Well, long story short, I've been having chest pressure and pain and my blood pressure readings have all been out of whack since the beginning of the month, but I've been ignoring it and passing it off as being the branch bundle block AND because I knew pneumonia came with its own discomforts. As far as the branch bundle block went, the doctors warned that I would have this pain, and not to be worried unless I had other serious signs of heart attack. I had to go for another follow up for the pneumonia today, and lo and behold my doctor decided to do an EKG twice. Apparently there is a problem with the anterior portion of my heart (according to the EKG), and since I've had the chest pain/pressure, and other symptoms, and given that my dad's heart attack at 36 was to the anterior of his heart (it has been dead since - he's still kickin', but not well), she is having me go to the ER to have tests and be admitted. Yay. So, I'm going with the "I"m sure I'll be fine" thing, but if you wouldn't mind, I really could use your prayers right now. I want to be okay. My son is overwhelmed and can't stop crying, my hubby's on his way home to take me in. My foster daughter's here reading my medical records, too - she's a nursing student and wants to see it all for herself and make sure I'm going to be okay. I'm going to be okay! We'll see what happens. I'll keep you all posted when I can.

>sigh<

If you see I've forgotten to email anyone, please let them know so that if they try to email me and don't hear back from me they will understand and know I'm not ignoring them, okay? I'd really appreciate your help with that! I don't want anyone to feel hurt or left our or ignored or anything. I'm just really in a hurry to get myself together and off to the hospital, that's all. :) Thank you!!! Nini

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  12:25:10 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by pegsmiles

"God with out Man is still God. Man with out God is Nothing!"

Living Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

I love this quote...it is true that without God I am nothing, but I am so glad I have those who love me and me them around.

Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  4:17:16 PM  Show Profile
I'll be keeping her in my prayers, Claudia. ((((((hugs))))))

Forever farmgirl

http://throughethelseyes.blogspot.com/

Edited by - CountryKim on Jan 31 2012 4:45:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  4:37:14 PM  Show Profile
Claudia- Thank you so much for forwarding Nini's email. I have sent her an email and am praying for her quick diagnosis/treatment. She is such a wonderful soul, and I know she will be fine. If you hear anything else directly from her can you please update us?
Thank you!
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  4:54:31 PM  Show Profile
Kim, I am so touched by your prayers, and those for Nini. I think that this group is a testament of being an important part of the body of Christ. Some are Catholic, some are Lutheran, Episcopalean (sp), Baptist, non-denominational, and some unchurched. But we all have something in common.. our love for the Lord Jesus... and each other. Although the scripture talks about us being different parts of a body....eyes, ears, hands etc (for spiritual gifts),I think it holds true to our various places of worship. Thank you..each of you..for being an integral part of Jesus' family.

Laurie, I most certainly will post anything I hear from Nini. I pray that the Lord heals her heart so that it is as strong as her spiritual heart. May Jesus be lifted up through this.

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  5:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I received Nini's email as well . . . so very concerned for her. I have been and will continue to pray!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  05:28:08 AM  Show Profile
Peggy I agree with what you said. There is huge revival breaking out in other countries who hunger and make a supreme effort to get to a service. Claudia I love your comment about the different denominations. I have listened and learned much on this thread. I have never met any of you yet find myself at work telling coworkers " my online friend says..." I am praying hard for Nini. I tried to type this once and lost it so sorry if 2 post come up. Had a power surge all went out and came back on but had to start over.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  09:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Prayer is the BEST "tool" we have and the one we use the least . . . and it is so very vital.
CJ

Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  8:07:54 PM  Show Profile
Continued prayers for our dear friend and farmgirl sister Nini.

"A true friend sticks closer than one's nearest kin" ~Proverbs 18:24

If anyone hears anything please post it. Thank you.
Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  11:19:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone - I'm okay! Thank you for your prayers, emails and kindness - I'm really okay!

It'd be so much easier just to copy and paste today's follow-up email instead of re-typing everything - I hope that's okay!

"Okay... I'm okay... Basically this stinking left bundle branch block is a misfiring or misdirection of firing of the electrical impulses in my heart. As I had told every person who saw me over the past couple of days, any time I have tests, it's going to look like I have or am having a heart attack. Well, there was a lot of pain, and the ekg she did DID look weird, so I'll give my doctor that. (My foster daughter looked at it and all she could say was, "This is NOT normal...") All the tests that DO work on my heart show that now there is an additional misfire in the bundle branch block. Basically, an electrical impulse moves in a certain path in your heart. Mine used to change and go in a different direction sometimes. Now it goes in three different directions, and they don't know why. They said they've never seen anything like it before. Sometimes it follows the normal path, sometimes it goes to what they knew was a new path, and now, sometimes, it will follow yet ANOTHER path. And this all causes pain - real, unadulterated, lightning-strike, broken-glass-moving-through-your-heart, you-think-you-might-be-dying, scarey pain. There's nothing they can do about it, there is no way to treat it or stop it or change it. It's just me: "special." Because I'm a woman, and because heart attacks show up differently in women, and because of my father's heart history, the hospital said it is probably a good idea if I head into the ER with any type of pain that doesn't go away in a short period of time; or if I have any other symptoms of a heart attack (tight squeezing, pressure, sweating, nausea, etc.), but it isn't necessary to go in every time. They said that "I'll know." Well, I think that's silly, because when you get this pain, you really don't "know" - you're totally unsure as to whether you should head in or not, so I'm just going to have to play it by ear and do whatever I think is best. They do have to keep an eye on me, but it's not life-threatening per se... at least not at this point. They continually checked my blood pressure throughout the entire ordeal, and they say that it's only "slightly elevated," but they're going to keep me on that new BP medicine (low dose water pill) for now. Oh - and the doctor said I have a little bit of pleurisy, which could be something lingering from the pneumonia, and it should go away itself. The hospital had kept me overnight for observation and testing, and then sent me home last night, the doctor assigned to me having called this entire thing a "Major, whopping false alarm." I am so whooped today, it's an effort to lift my arm, but that's probably because I didn't sleep very well while I was there for many reasons. Last night I had shooting glass/lightning pains that woke me up from my sleep. C'est la vie.

My doctor who sent me in is actually my new doctor (old one left the practice) - she had only seen me once prior to this for the pneumonia, and, although she has an understanding of branch bundle block, and despite my protests, she was unsatsified with the two ekgs that she had done in the office. Apparently, the one that indicates how the anterior part of your heart muscle is doing, showed nary a beat, and was flat-lining where there should've been little hill-type bumps. She didn't feel it was the lbbb, and she thought my heart was simply not working properly. In the ER, the ekg looked completely different that what she had seen, and initially they didn't see any problem. Later, after the in-patient testing, they knew why - my heart's beating to the tune of its own drummer and likes wondrous variety. If you know me at all, that shouldn't surprise you at all. ;)

Please don't worry - from what they're telling me, I'm going to be fine. I just need to take it easy and get plenty of rest for the next few days. I'll be back to "normal" very soon. Thank you all for your prayers and understanding. I'm sorry I got you upset, but you know as much as I do that when these things happen, it's always best to call upon Him first and foremost. :)

I'll be back in touch and back on track in a couple of days, I promise!"

I'm just really super exhausted today - probably from all the excitement over the past couple of days. You know, though, I could feel the Lord's presence the entire time - there was such a sense of peace. And I knew you would all be praying - that gave me such comfort, you'll never know. And this morning when I woke up, the entire house was filled with peace - HIS peace. It's such a beautiful experience and loving gift from Him. I just love Him - and all of you!

Have a great day!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  11:43:25 AM  Show Profile
Please put me in your prayers ladies, I have had a miserable January, first my sweet little kitty died, and then my friend of 23 years passed away and I was with her the week before she died. She was a brave and faithful and faith filled friend and put up with cancer and other problems in her body because her body was fighting her, for many years. Her kidneys finally gave up. She was a very good friend and sister, I do miss her. I just needed someone to talk to. Thanks.
I can't get on here very often because my computer is down also.
Blessings to all of you also.
love

darlene

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  12:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
GOOD TO HEAR FROM NINI!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!

Darlene,
You are in my prayers . . . God is our ENCOURAGER!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  12:23:52 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Nini...thanks for answering my personal email and then sharing on here too. We are praying for
you. Get Yourself some good restorative rest!!
Rest in the arms of our Beloved Papa God!

Darlene...praying for you too sister. Sooooooo sorry about the loss of your precious friend! I am
glad to hear she had strong faith. May God now wrap you in that hollow spot underneath his mighty
wing and bring your heart protection and comfort. When I am hurting...I always picture myself as
a little girl, throwing open the big doors of the Throne Room...running across the great expanse
of flooring, with my eyes focused on Papa God...then leaping up on to his lap and into his outstretched
arms. He just holds me there, I can hear his heart beating strongly underneath my head, and He just keeps
Kissing my hair and whispering, "It's OK my daughter, you are safe here from all the hurts of life."
"I am with you always!"

I pray His comfort and peace for you too Darlene and Nini!!

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 02 2012 12:27:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  12:57:31 PM  Show Profile
Amen- prayers answered for our sister Nini!

Darlene- I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty and your dear friend. As Peggy said, she had such a strong faith, hopefully you will find comfort in that. We are here for you, so if you need us just say the word. Peace be with you!
Hugs,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  4:30:40 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry Darlene. The loss of good friends is so hard, and we so appreciate our solace by holding our little animals. They just are so unassuming and love us no matter what is going on. It is our faith in God that bolsters our faith that we will be with God and our friends in the future. I have to believe that we will see our animals too. they are such precious gifts/

I feel that we need to continue to pray hard for Nini. Anything dealing with the heart can be so tricky. She maintains a heavy load, so let's hold her up to the one who can truly heal her. Blessing to you all/

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  9:30:22 PM  Show Profile
Nini- soooo glad to hear from you! Continued prayers!

Darlene- so very sorry this New Year is already so rough. It is so hard to lose those we love.

It is suppose to be storming tonight here in Ks.

Hope everyone has a quiet night
Blessings,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  04:56:02 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies!
May I share and ask for prayer? My hearts a bit heavy this morning . Heard yesterday that my Great Aunt suffered a massive hemorrhage a few days after she fell and had hip surgery. She hasnt any brain activity and is comfort measures only at this point. Drs say she only has a few days left. Prayers for her and family please?

She has lived a good life and loves the Lord soooo much! I cant even imagine the joy and peace she is about to enter in!!!
She loved life, was a kind and lovely lady to be around. Her family and church of many many years will miss her dearly. One of her favorite things to do was to quilt, all hand stitching. Many beautiful quilts thru the years. She is a Godly woman and I have so much comfort knowing that she will soon be in the arms of our Lord, whom she loved and learned about so much!

Thank you for letting me share about her!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  05:04:46 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I am so sorry about your great aunt. So prayers of comfort are on the way to you and her and her family. When the Lord comes and takes her home a smile will light up the heavens, because she will know she is finally home.
Blessings Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  05:10:04 AM  Show Profile
Ladies I prayed for all of you. PeggyAnn loved your words of PapaGod and so true. Linda your great Aunt sounds like a wonderful person. Arent we blessed to know people like that? Darlene I lost my pekinese in Dec. Pets are part of our family also. I thought how rare these days to even say you have a friend of 23 years in our always moving society. What special memories you will have until you meet up again in heaven. Nini even going thru all this you hold the banner high and witness to us all of His peace in your home. What a testimony sister! I am off to work. So glad Fri. is here. God bless all of you.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  09:18:10 AM  Show Profile
Linda,
Prayers for your family and your dear Aunt. May the gates of heaven open up and receive her in great comfort and peace.
Blessings,

~Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page