Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  09:01:42 AM  Show Profile
There is more than one way to get information. Satan is always trying to pervert God's purposes. He may be a fallen foe but he certainly wants to take as many with him as he can.

I was involved in the witchcraft thing and there can be some real scary things happen. Frankly I much prefer being attuned to a loving God, and I love having a real knight in shining armor, Jesus, not to mention a comforter like the Holy Spirit to having to deal with that scary stuff. It can really turn your blood to ice.

God has uplifted me, given me hope and eased my grief and pain. That's a winner in my book and I will worship Him, forget the bell, book and candle routine.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  8:54:54 PM  Show Profile
Wow Cherime. I learned alot and I agree with your knight in shining armour. Thank you!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  4:51:56 PM  Show Profile
Jen, you quoted my life's ambition. I yearn to be a Proverb's woman. It's my goal, my aim and what I strive for. I feel blessed that I was raised in a Christian home, accepted the Lord at an early age and even though I screw up regularly; my faith has been real all the way through. I praise God for this because with my personality and weaknesses I could have gotten in a lot of trouble. So I'm thankful He kept me from it.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  07:33:47 AM  Show Profile
Kim, I hear that. I always tried to get myself to church when I got old enough to bike there by myself but not a lot of mentoring at home. My parents were always so busy trying to make a living and then there was their relationship, a bit volatile to say the least. I surely did get in a lot of trouble that could have been avoided. But He makes all things new and boy am I thankful for that.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  09:27:42 AM  Show Profile
I was on facebook the other day...and you know the little advertizements at the side? Well, there was one for/from Billy Grahams's grandson, asking to friend and receive little devotion updates. Well, I have yet to receive one, and I can't remember his name. Do any of you know it? I want to look him up?

It's a day to get the garden put to bed for the winter, so I pray you all have a grand and blessed day!

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  12:24:11 PM  Show Profile
At church this am was a missionary speaking of what is presently taking lace in Cambodia. What a ministry he is involved in. They have gone from 4 people to over 60 and the majority are young Cambodians on fire to preach and plant churches in their homeland and beyond into other areas of SE Asia. I am going to go to the evening meeting on Monday and I will be making a contribution to that ministry. There are several from all over the world at our missions conference but that one really grabbed at me. Well off to visit a sister in the Lord. Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  09:37:20 AM  Show Profile
I think it speaks volumes to the power of our faith that Christian movements are strongest where there is not only suffering but strong opposition to Christianity-- and weakest where we have complete freedom and "rich world problems" poking holes in our theology.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  10:54:41 AM  Show Profile
So true Jen. Cherime, please keep us updated if you could about his ministry. A speck of light is made more prominent in the darkest of dark. And Jen, I was reminded of the story of placing a frog in a pot of cool water and gradually upping the heat. The frog doesn't notice the increase until it is too late. I'm afraid that may be what is happening to us. We are comfortable with worldly things around us, so we are not challenged enough to pursue God.

Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  04:15:02 AM  Show Profile
JEN
Thank you for showing me Proverbs Woman.

Yesterday I posted Proverbs 31 to my best facebook friends, then commented: Maybe I should vacuum.

Make cupcakes not war!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  08:26:06 AM  Show Profile
I will keep you updated as we get new from the church. I felt moved by the Spirit to give them a donation for the work that is expanding there.

I have taken to listening to the Bible on my GoBible when I ride into work on the van in the am. Helps me to keep in the spiritual instead of in the world.

The Proverbs woman is one I immediately go to when I get someone who feels that women in the Bible were downtrodden. I also know someone who is Jewish and she tells me that men are to reverence and care for the women in their lives and God will be most distressed with them for not doing so when judgment comes. Keeping a woman down is something that is a perversion and is not of God. Certainly Jesus had many women in his life and treated them well. After all the Sumerian woman at the well was the first real evangelist.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  09:50:02 AM  Show Profile
May I ask for your prayers for a dear friend's great nephew. She and her church has prayed many times for those requests made by our farm girls. I know that Nola would appreciate it. Here is her request. "Our 14-month old great-nephew Easton Zentz is in Children's Hospital in Tacoma with E-coli infection. He has not improved and his kidney count is down. Thank you for joining us in prayer."

Thank you ladies.

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  10:03:36 AM  Show Profile
Asking our great Father and our healer with the power that raised Jesus from the dead to touch that little child and heal him.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  6:51:18 PM  Show Profile
Nini is every thing ok out your way? Hey guys guess what? We hosted the church hayride at our place and had around 100 people show up. We had a great time. Live band, horseback riding, tug o war, volley ball ,pin the tail on the donkey for the little ones, horse shoes autograph bingo and of course the hay ride, bon fire and lots of food. It was good fellowship. They respected our home and threw trash in cans and not on ground and helped put away tables and chairs afterward. Its so good when Gods people can get together and just have fun.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  07:34:49 AM  Show Profile
Glad you had a good time. It is good when we all fellowship.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  08:43:56 AM  Show Profile
So today on facebook, I saw one of those inspirational posters that said:
"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."

It immediately brought to my mind:

Psalm 139: 13-18
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you…Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

I'm sure the person that wrote it had no idea how true it was. We are completely flawed, and stitched together with nothing but God's good intentions.
I was just floored by the deeper truth in a simple statement

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  07:53:32 AM  Show Profile
Truly Jen. Without Him I have no idea where I would be and I am so grateful for Jesus' gift of salvation and the love that underlies everything thought God has for us.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  3:31:33 PM  Show Profile
Kristina did you realize Thur was our 1 year anniversary for this thread?
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  08:27:43 AM  Show Profile
Great sermon on Sun. about how life as a believer is 100% God and 100% us joining with God in living this life. God in us, us in God.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  08:14:31 AM  Show Profile
I want to share something a friend sent me (e-mail). She has been e-mailing me, and getting me through some tough times. Anyway, here is something she shared:

Mothers Never Stop Praying For Your Husbands And Children.

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.

Mothers have an unfair advantage with the Lord. In Luke 7, Jesus observed a huge funeral procession in Nain. The entire town was present.
He observed the young men and women weeping. He observed the pastors and apostles weeping. He observed the elders weeping. He observed the
fathers weeping. He observed the children weeping. He observed the sadness on people's faces.

Nothing seemed to move Him, until HE SAW THE MOTHER. The bible says He had compassion when He saw her and immediately raised her boy from the dead. (Luke 7:12-15). It was the cry of a mother that moved the Heart of God.

Still today, Mothers who cry before the Lord for their families, for their marriages, for their homes move the Heart of God. When Mothers stop
praying their families (especially their children) perish. Satan gets a foothold and starts to destroy the home, yet when they return to their rightful place
as the anchor of the home, demonic strongholds get demolished.

In Psalms 17, 36, 57, 63, and 91 God's role is likening to that of a Mother. As a Mother protects, upholds and defends her children, so does
God also protect us under the shadow of His Wings .We find refuge there and can hide there until the danger is over. A mother's role is so vital that a
father cannot get his prayers answered if he dishonours/ disrespects her (1 Peter 3:7). Because, of this favour over mothers, they are also the
most attacked persons in the home. The devil is terrified of Mothers (the powerhouse in the home). Yet the Lord has put inside Mothers grace and
resilience to overcome any situation.

Today, As the woman of the home, consider yourself blessed. Consider yourself highly favoured and consider yourself dangerous when you pray.

I urge all mothers to pass this on to mothers you know or even to future Mothers.
Be Blessed
Unknown

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  09:10:09 AM  Show Profile
Profound words indeed Kristina! Thank you for the reminder. I know for myself I tend to forget that I am giving Satan a stronghold in the lives of my family when I am not on my knees for them. "A threefold cord is not easily broken" and I think that applies to the family circle. When one in a couple or one of the parents are giving Satan an opportunity by not being where they should be with the Lord then He also gets a foot in the door of the lives of our children. We must be vigilant.
Thanks for sharing that. Something to really think about today. :)

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  09:38:09 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Kristina! I just love this! For me, it very much rings true.

I don't think mother's have an "unfair advantage," though - I just think God knows and understands just how important our role really is! :)

I also want to add that even though we may not have children of our own, the "mother" in us is born every time out heart is moved to mercy, grace, charity, caring and love toward any man, woman or child. She is quite alive and well in all of us at all times. We don't have to physically bring forth children to be mothers - as women, motherhood is part of our being! Throughout our lives, we are blessed to have many spiritual children - the Lord brings them to us in many ways - every single day!

So, always remember just how important and effectual your prayers are, sisters - just keep praying!

And if you ever need a prayer partner - you know to call upon me!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  09:46:25 AM  Show Profile
Truly Kristina. One never knows. I come in to the fold after my Mom died but I know that she was always praying that I would. Better late than never.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  3:55:37 PM  Show Profile
That was awesome! Thank you for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

AtTheCrossroads
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Connie
TN
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  6:16:52 PM  Show Profile
I'm a daughter of the KING! He is my everything...

My shops:
http://www.shabbyhomefurniture.etsy.com
http://stores.ebay.com/theshabbyhome

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Ps 118:24
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  7:39:01 PM  Show Profile
Amen Connie...we all are and when we are down, we need to remind ourselves of that.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page