Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Small-town Quilt Stops
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Small-town Quilt Stops Next Topic
Page: of 4

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - May 01 2015 :  4:03:14 PM  Show Profile
If you get to Minnesota, check out Grubers in Waite Park. A huge and fabulous shop. The owner is the 2015 quilter of the year for Minnesota Quilters

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 01 2015 :  5:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hey Bonnie, I bet that shop has been there a long time.
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  09:53:48 AM  Show Profile
Here's the info on two of the quilt shoppes that I love!

Common Threads Quilting
1029 Main St, Evanston, WY 82930
(307) 444-1675
www.commonthreadswy.com

Valley Fabric Shop
102 Meadow St, Lyman, WY 82937
(307) 786-2653
www.valleyfabricshop.com

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2015 :  09:10:19 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing both of your fave shops! The Saturday classes sound like fun, Sherone!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2015 :  11:54:32 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie,
I agree with Grubers, great store, good for a short road trip.... I do like Millie P's in Anoka and quilted Treasures in Rogers. Too many shops not enough time..

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2015 :  08:05:53 AM  Show Profile
I love to got to the Heath Hen in Vineyard Haven when I visit Martha's Vineyard. It's both a quilt and a yarn shop. This last trip I bought local yarn, but the year before I talked hand quilting with the owner for a long time. She is lovely and very helpful, and has gorgeous things! Here's the link if you interested.
http://03a2918.netsolhost.com/wordpress1/

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2016 :  8:11:49 PM  Show Profile
If anyone is traveling in the State of Washington along the coast, you need to make a visit to a the quaint town of La Conner. La Conner is a small waterfront community on the Swinomish Channel near the mouth of Skagit River and home of the "La Conner Quilt & Textile Museum". The quilts are displayed throughout the beautiful 1891 Tudor-style Victorian Mansion, which is fun to explore and the volunteers are very knowledgeable. It was a perfect visit for both my husband and I, me for the love of quilts and my husband for the woodworking.

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

GGBQuilter
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

60 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  6:27:41 PM  Show Profile
Greetings: My favorite quilt shop is The Patchwork Co. in Windham, NY. I nominated, and the shop was selected, for the Spring/Summer 2015 Quilt Sampler Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest magazine. I wish the shop was closer, but with my stash after all my years of quilting, I'm relieved it isn't! The shop is a must see if you are in the Catskill Mountain area of NY! Tell Fran and Lori I sent you!

Gae
Farmgirl #7534
Go to Top of Page

GGBQuilter
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

60 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  7:03:45 PM  Show Profile
Another Greeting! Being a new Farmgirl and a quilter, I just went through the four pages of quilt shop recommendations. The shop in Milford, PA sounds interesting and could be a day trip. I have been to the Checkerberries Quilt shop in NH. Carrie's aprons of the Adirondacks blogspot caught my eye and I would like to share that I have attended Adirondack Quilt Camp in Long Lake and learned about and visited Aunt Polly's Material Girls shop in Newcomb. If you visit the Adirondacks I would make sure Aunt Polly's is on your list. Depending on your travel route, there are many very nice quilt shops surrounding the Adirondacks. There is a ferry option to VT where there are many wonderful shops as well! I also highly recommend the Quilter's Travel Companion! Happy Quilting!

Gae
Farmgirl #7534
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - May 29 2021 :  04:38:47 AM  Show Profile

Lat Wednesday a quilting friend and I went to Linda's Junk Drawerin Melbourne KY. It is in the walkout basement of a home. It's crammed with all types of luscious fabrics. They are $5 per yard for flat folds and $8 per yard for on the bolt. She also has "scrap therapy " bags for $3 and rolls for $1 and free quilt patterns.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - May 29 2021 :  11:21:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh Vanessa, what a treasure.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2021 :  07:01:45 AM  Show Profile
Jana, I have been to La Connor and the La Conner Quilt & Textile Museum. My sister lives in Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island. There is also a very cool fiber/needlework shop in La Connor. I spent way too much money at both of these shops. We were there when the daffodils were blooming. It was a fabulous trip and I can't wait to go back.

Sherone

Lean on me, when you're not strong, And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on, For it won't be long, 'Til I'm gonna need, Somebody to lean on.

Farmgirl Sister #93

Our Blog
http://www.tinytaylorhomestead.com

Our Etsy Shops
https://www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

https://www.taylorstowels.etsy.com

https://www.tinytaylorhomestead.com

Our Thrive Life Store

https://www.tinytaylorhomestead.thrivelife.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Small-town Quilt Stops Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page