Page: of 5

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  1:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
How do you fix you hair? Since mine is pretty long, wavy, not to thick and not to thin, I like to wear mine up sometimes in a bun, and then sometimes I leave it down. I love to braid it too.
Hugs,
hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.

Edited by - maggie14 on Dec 11 2010 10:46:13 PM

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  1:56:59 PM  Show Profile
braid down my back or up in a clip.

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  2:20:42 PM  Show Profile
Either down with no particular style or up in a pony tail. I think I want to try the rag curlers idea soon.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  2:23:14 PM  Show Profile
Gosh, I'm super short...think PINK. Spikey and messy!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
~If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!~
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  2:58:03 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
me too Siobhan! I really want to try them!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  3:00:43 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
to bad we don't live closer to eachother then we would do our hair for eachother. lol
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  7:08:30 PM  Show Profile
I'm trying to figure out different things to do with it. I have thick, medium length hair with bangs. I usually leave it down after I dry it in the morning, but sometimes I do two buns, one bun, or a ponytail. It's not long enough to braid or twist, I'm being patient until it gets long enough!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  8:46:43 PM  Show Profile
I had real long wavy hair for years...recently layered it and it is still sorta long...between shoulder and bra strap length I guess....but sort of out of control. I plan to more than likely grow those layers back out. At least it is still easy to put in a pony tail for summertime! I mostly have it just down and messy/curly with a sorta side part and bangs off to the side. For sure good and bad hair days now..before not so much.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  10:33:10 AM  Show Profile
My hair is mid length, just touching the top of my shoulders. I usually just wash it, comb or brush it, part it on the side, and let it air dry. I don't fool around with it too much these days.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  10:40:44 AM  Show Profile
My hair is super thick and curly. All I do is throw in some de-frizz gel, try to at least blow dry my bangs straight, {although sometimes they go right back to being curly}, and just let the rest of it dry naturally. I quite fighting with it a long time ago.

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  10:42:21 AM  Show Profile
Not very well. I got a TERRIBLE haircut last August and the darn stuff is still growing out. I had to buy a hair dryer, a curling iron and a round brush. Just now figuring the hair dryer and round brush out!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tawandasister
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Sadiemae
Wolcottville Indiana
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  6:07:43 PM  Show Profile
I have long, super thick, dry, wavy/cury hair....but I love to wear it up like they do in Anne of Green Gables or some other....that's my favorite! But on the bad hair days it's goes in a braid or clips ;)

Blessings, Sadie
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  08:01:52 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
My hair is short and choppy. I just wash, put on some mousse, and mess it up. I don't like to fuss with my hair.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13634 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13634 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  08:15:01 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
My hair is naturally STRAIGHT!!!! I have 3 sisters and they all have naturally curly hair . . so how'd I miss out!?!?

For years I have permed it with loose curls, just touching my shoulders, keep it layered and put styling gel it, smoosh it around and leave it. I used to do the curling iron routine . . .took FOREVER!!! I don't like messing with it and I don't like all the time it consumes to spend with it.

Soooooooo I continue to perm . . do it myself . . . used to do the salon thing but that is WAAAYYY too pricey. I just warn my hubby when I'm gonna perm so he can vacate . . he hates the smell!!!

Never have colored my hair . . . but I guess it's not good to perm AND color both!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SusieK
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Texas
167 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  08:17:52 AM  Show Profile
I have just below shoulder hair and I just wash mine and let it go I am letting it grow out which is hard to do and cannot wait to get to put it in long braids. Trying to decide to go with bangs or not cannot someone put ideas up for me......
Go to Top of Page

podsandpetals
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Cindy
Genoa NY
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  8:36:16 PM  Show Profile
A pony tail. Uhg.. My hair is red, coarse, thick and longish. I'd love to get it cut shorter but it just flies out in all directions! If it's not restrained in a ponytail it's in my face. I also used to do the curling iron routine with a princess Di cut- which was nice but takes way to much time! So with the pony tail I go.

Check out "Support a farm girl night" http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38448

www.podsandpetals.etsy.com
ebay seller podsandpetals
Go to Top of Page

lovingewe
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

marlyn-neleh
norwood Ontario
Canada
212 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  06:05:32 AM  Show Profile
My hair is fine and long. Past my bum. This time of year when i just start to wear short sleeves I love to wear it long and straight. i like the feel on my arms. But when it gets hot! French braid down the back. I hate the heat on my neck.

http://sweetlocuslane.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  10:09:56 AM  Show Profile
my hair is super short so spikey or messed up sorta if that makes sense lol
blessings and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  11:33:39 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Marlyn I would love your hair. I would love long hair one day but am just gratful that I have hair. :) I have never even once cut my hair in 15 years ( I do trim the ends though) and its to the middle of my back. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

lovingewe
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

marlyn-neleh
norwood Ontario
Canada
212 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  4:21:15 PM  Show Profile
Maggie

I only trim mine too. It was last cut 1991! Long time ago.

http://sweetlocuslane.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  6:16:16 PM  Show Profile
Channah, I agree, I would love Marlyn's hair! When I grew it out for Locks of Love, it was probably 5 inches short of reaching my bottom. I can't wait for it to be that long again! From now on, I'm not cutting anymore, just trimming my bangs and trims for the ends.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  7:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
In all my 15 years of living I have not cut it. :) Mine just grows a little slower than some but I love it and can fix it many diffrent ways. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  09:02:28 AM  Show Profile
I've recently become involved with a website called the "Long Hair Loom" they've got all sorts of neat tips and tricks for hair. I'm starting with a "Rose braid" (a 2 strand braid) and I'm going to work up from there. I have natrually curly hair, that's frizzy and thick, so, I'm always trying to treat it with TLC. (I have bangs, and flat iron those though) I never use shampoo on my ends (Cover with conditioner when I wash my scalp) and have lately been just using baking soda on my scalp, and then an ACV Rinse, and then a leave in from Lush.

I'm to the point where I don't have to use gel, but, I'd really like to grow my hair out to my butt. It's to the middle of my waist at this point.

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  11:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is so neat Megan! I will have to look at that.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Catherine
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Catherine Ann
Temple TX
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  12:26:27 PM  Show Profile
Mine is long, so I usually twist it up into a messy bun or braid it.

http://lovelivingsimply.blogspot.com/

Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

nancypo
True Blue Farmgirl

362 Posts

nancy
boise idaho
USA
362 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  9:19:56 PM  Show Profile
Below shoulders, longish and layered, mine's wavy. I'm low maintainence... go to bed with it wet, touch it up (use a straightener briefly) in the a.m., done...

Be the change...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic How do you fix your hair? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page