Page: of 249

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13365 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13365 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  07:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Trying to get high speed DSL setup finished, get a new laptop setup with wireless.
BUT, I gotta get back to my sewing for inventory . . ."guy" aprons next on the agenda. Then into the papercrafting room to move on to making "Thank You" and "Birthday" cards.
Too many fun things to do . . . not enough time!!!!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  9:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started working on an embroidery pattern from a stitch encyclopedia that I have. But I had to enlarge the pattern--I'm still pretty new at this so it's easier if I enlarge it. I'm using all hand-dyed threads for this project. I also changed the border around it to make it easier. Since I took a long nap this afternoon, I'll probably be up all night working on it. But I enjoy it so it's OK.
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1963 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1963 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  04:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boy Dianne, you have quite a bit on your plate! Your daughter is a lucky gal to have a Mom like you! Do you have any pictures to share??

CJ, your going to love your DSL and wireless laptop!! Guy Aprons, Paper crafting. . . you go girl!! I want to see pictures

Cindy, Your project sounds wonderful! Hand dyed threads, did you create these?? Sounds wonderful Any Pictures??

Joanna #566
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
www.CountryCents.com
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1349 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  06:33:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diane, you surely do have your plate full. I hope you will be writing down all your ideas for your projects. It would help for me too, but I have a problem just keeping a grocery list.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  06:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I have to focus on making cards. Bday, thinking of you, and a backlog of others as I'm so behind and have scrambled to get some out the door on time. I still have 2 of the 3 mini-photo albums to complete, but those may not happen today.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  04:02:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, all. I will post pics when I have time. And don't worry, I am a list maker! I have the worst memory so I have to write everything down. Dianne

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  5:56:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joanna--I bought the hand-dyed threads at a local shop. They're a little more expensive than what you get at Michael's but I live the colors. I'll try to post pics when I'm done--which may be a while. The pattern features two partridges and there's a lot of detail involved. so I may be working on it a long while. But I like that, cause it calms and centers me.
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  8:19:52 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Today I have done some cleaning around the house. And after the boring stuff was finished, I ran around town with my honey man for awhile. Made some pork chops and mashed potatoes and stuff for supper. Mmmm (My pork chops usually come out kinda grody, but these were good.) IThen I got to move on to the fun stuff.... I finished the scarf I have been working on for the beginner level merit badge for crocheting. Woo-Hoo! Then I wrote out some thank you cards, answered some emails, worked on the RAOK list. Then I decided I would start on some crocheted dishcloths. I have one finished and have started on another. Tomorrow is laundry and craft day!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  3:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm having a little more trouble finishing my second dishcloth. But it will get done!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  4:04:35 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I hope it turns out great Megan! It will get better I am sure.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  6:25:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Channah!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  6:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  7:35:44 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i am working on spring cleaning and since i was sick last year it is quite a chore. i think i am making a bigger mess than when i started.
craft wise i just finished a bunny for a friend who has been in contact with me since the illness. we lived next to one another since we were born. she was a ballet dancer:

so i tried as best i could to make her a bunny ballerina.
all my crafts are swirling around in my head, but i am slower than ever with them, the anti-cancer meds they give me make your body feel like you have arthritis, and in my case it really has made my hands ache. i am hoping, though that with time i will get used to the medicine and it wont hurt as much.....or who knows, maybe not at all.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
www.angeltree.etsy.com

check out the farm at:
www.localharvest.org/farms/M24434
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  10:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So cute Frannie! What a beautiful job!! I love seeing your ladies hand work! I really look forward to it.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Edited by - maggie14 on Mar 29 2010 10:02:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

brandyanne
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Debra

81 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  09:38:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bunny is wonderful Frannie!
I am working on an olde shoe pinkeep.
Deb
http://oldesaltboxscents.blogspot.com

http://pilgrimsandpioneers.blogspot.com

http://brandyannessoycandles.blogspot.com
http://pilgrimsandpioneersprimitives.blogspot
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  1:47:57 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thanks channah and debra,
i would love to see a pic of the old shoe pinkeep.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
www.angeltree.etsy.com

check out the farm at:
www.localharvest.org/farms/M24434
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  2:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
me too!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  2:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
... I'm cross-stitching a pre-stamped cross-stitch quilt for one of my Lil Angel... trying to be prepared for Christmas!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Karrieann on Mar 30 2010 2:21:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  7:10:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fran, the bunny is soo cute! All you ladies are so talented! You really inspire me!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  06:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just finished a baby quilt for my first grandchild due May 5th. So now I am working on a new apron and binding my underground railroad quilt. But I am itching to get outside and dig in the dirt.
Tammyb
Sister chick #541

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

dreamingofafarm
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Tina
Bangor Pennsylvania
157 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  06:57:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After walking the dogs, and getting our clothes pressed for the 3 pm Passion Service, I am going to pick up my knitting and sit on the porch working away and enjoying the sunshine. I'm working on a pink silk yarn shawl for my mother as her mother's day gift.

"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones afterall." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  07:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am working on a crochet recycle project. It is made out of the leftove plastic from an overwrap machine at work. I call them my garage rugs because you put one outside the garage door to catch all the dirt & then all you have to do is hose them off! They are great! When I was little (oh so many moons ago) my grandma taught me to make bread bag rugs & it is fitting to continue & recycle just as she did!
I also am knitting a helmet hat for my husband for next winter. I am making the bottom extra long to tuck down into his coat. Keeps the neck warm!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2010 :  3:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karla, where would you find a pattern for bread bag rugs? I want to try and try and make a bread bag tote, but I don't know how you would keep all the bags together. For the time being, I'm working on my second dishcloth.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

lovingewe
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

marlyn-neleh
norwood Ontario
Canada
212 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  06:17:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am fillet crocheting an edging for a country skirt I am going to make myself. On the sewing machine I have a dress I smocked for my 6 month old granddaughter to put together. Today we are going to the fabric store to buy fabric to make 13 and 18 year old daughters sundresses. The fun never ends.

http://sweetlocuslane.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2010 :  06:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm baking baked beans, fixing some deviled eggs and Slaw. Going up to Overland Park, Ks. at the familys house and need to stop and get mom and load all her things up to go with us. There will be about 25 of us there and all the grand=children are excited. They only see each other a few times a year. So as far as crafts, not much today. May take my knitting up with me to see if SIL can show me how to do fingers in my gloves. Started them during the winter and just can't seem to figure the fingers out. We always get together on Sat. before Easter for dinner because we all go to different churches and it just seems to work out better for all of us. Except mom!! She wants to get together on the actual holiday. Believe me when growing up, holidays were always at our house on that day!!hahaha Old habits are hard to break!????
Everyone have a blessed Easter!!
Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 249 Stitching & Crafting Room:  What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page