Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  2:15:07 PM  Show Profile
Sarah...perfect name for your Quilt! Love It!

Dianne...how did your son and girlfriend like their Kindle Cases? Did he have a problem with the squiggles
inside? I think it was cute that you reversed them on each one. Made them matchy-matchy for boyfriend/girlfriend
theme.

I am working on Valentines today. And a nap...I think! lol

blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  2:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I am trying to teach myself how to tat and I want to throw the shuttle out the window! LOL! Why am I having such a hard time with it? Any advice?

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  3:55:40 PM  Show Profile
I'm working on a quilt. Double wedding ring! Lots of cuts and pieces.
brake time...back to work again soon. Just love quilting.
farmgirl sister Deb

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CurlysQuilts
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Sarah
Northeast Kingdom VT
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  6:17:59 PM  Show Profile
Dianne - yes, although it's really just a log cabin quilt. I just used different sized squares and some whole pieces of fabric to put it all together. I'll post more pics when it's all assembled.

Curly's Quilts
www.curlysquilts.etsy.com

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” - Micah 6:8

Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  3:17:18 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful quilts ladies! I'm trying my hand at thread crochet, making little hearts for valentines. No pics yet, but I'll put some on my blog in a day or two. I have a few shades of reds and pinks to play with, and a few different weights. I've done three so far and notice today that my hands are sore from holding the little hook and thread, hahaha.

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/BlondeNakCreations
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  03:54:09 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I had to mail the Kindle cases to my son and his girlfriend up at college, so I haven't heard yet. But don't worry, ever since Bryan was little, he's been brutally honest about whether or not he likes (and would use) a gift! Dianne

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  08:19:46 AM  Show Profile
I have JUST finished painting my bathroom...ppppffff. It was a medium egg-shell blue (very nice), but because I have no windows it still looked too dark. SO first had to paint everything white and then....guess what color it is now,

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410

Edited by - dutchy on Feb 05 2011 08:20:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  08:32:50 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi dutchy. I guess pink! Show a pic!

Linda in Scranton, PA Farmgirl #71

The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose.
--Hada Bejar
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  7:50:54 PM  Show Profile
Sent the boys off to watch the game elsewhere so I could enjoy a few hours of peace and quiet. Baked some cupcakes, practiced my fiddle for a couple of hours and finally finished up the edging on a hankie for my tatting badge. Now I'm looking through all of my tatting books and patterns trying to decide what my next project will be.

Pam - have you tried watching any of the tatting videos on You-tube? There are several on there for shuttle tatting that helped my SIL get the hang of it. I'm a needle tatter but one of these days I'd like to expand my horizons and add shuttle tatting to my skill set.

Yes Dutchy we'd love to see a picture of your new bathroom. Maybe it will give me some inspiration (and ambition) to take down the ugly wallpaper in ours and update the colors a bit!

Juanita aren't rentals a chore? My BF owns three WW II era duplexes and it seems like there is always a cleanup or remodel project going on.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by - edlund33 on Feb 07 2011 06:53:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

phonelady
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

Carla
Loveland Colorado
323 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  9:05:02 PM  Show Profile
I've gotten a little further on my string art for my Aunt.

I'm figuring out what stitches to use as I go along, because I want the stitch to look like the item. The tree bark made of little straight stitches came out just right.
The little chain stitches work great for the leaves in the background.

Hummm... I'm a renter and I'm the one that takes care of this place. I'm often startled when people say disparaging things about renters because I am nothing like that. But I've helped friends clean their rentals and have been surprised at how others live [of course I've seen the way some homeowners live too. Yuck!]
Smiles!
Carla

It's not just life-
It's an adventure!

http://familyhistoryfindings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  11:31:51 PM  Show Profile
LOL Linda, you guessed it Will post a seperate post

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  05:27:06 AM  Show Profile
Baby hat & booties-knitted.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  4:01:05 PM  Show Profile
Braided rug from old jeans halfway done. Also showed a friend how to get hers started. Gonna take a lot more than I had thought to get it the size I wanted tho.

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/BlondeNakCreations
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  6:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Marilyn-I've looked at a few and got the general idea but I just can't get my hands going. I think needle tatting might be easier.

Go to Top of Page

South Hill Girl
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Coleen
Burdett NY
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  6:24:16 PM  Show Profile
I'm hand quilting a wallhangng I made for my dining room. My promise to myself for 2011 was to finish the pile of unfinished projects in my sewing room! Hopefully this will be done within a week and then I can get to the next one. A crazy quilt with Christmas fabics, which have been cut for over a year now!

Farm girls never stop wanting to make a positive difference! Celebrate the day!!!
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  7:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message

More of my redwork WIP. I'm so close to being done. I want to make lace around the edges when I make a pillow

Another embroidery-Bunny in a teacup. I just love this pattern

Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  05:54:29 AM  Show Profile
Love your redwork Pam. I've never seen one with that much intricacy. Good Job! Bunny's cute too. Do you design your own patterns?

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  08:17:01 AM  Show Profile
Great work Pam. Beautifully done.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  09:08:34 AM  Show Profile
Love your embroidery! Lots of different stitch changes, so it wouldn't get boring. Your bunny pattern is really sweet also!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Nanniekim
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Kim
Arizona
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  09:24:31 AM  Show Profile
Pam, your redwork is gorgeous! Where did you find such a cute pattern?

Kim
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  10:15:29 AM  Show Profile
Pam...nice work as always girl! Adorable Patterns!! I think those are the first pieces that I have seen you do that weren't mostly all chain stitch. Though don't get me wrong, I love your chain stitching. You have that perfected!!!
I need to get back to my embroidery work. I stopped when I got frustrated with transferring...after I did two pieces backwards. Got any good tips for me? I found that the transferring pencil didn't work well for me either because it made the lines too thick (almost bleeding into the fabric). What every happened to pre-stamped
embroidery for us lazy women? lol or maybe I should say us Transfer Challenged Women!!!

Love Ya,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 08 2011 10:18:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  12:46:13 PM  Show Profile
Pam, how beautiful your redwork is. Hope you are keeping it for your self. If not, someone will be very happy!!

God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  2:30:27 PM  Show Profile
Started on some pillow cases. I am cross stiching a sock monkey on both of them. One for my son and grandson. Will have to send pics. when I finish one.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  2:49:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm working on a twin sized bed quilt. Oriental fabric, cut stack and whack style... Finishing up the last 3 rows.

God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  5:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Thanks everyone. My friend found this piece of fabric at an estate sale. It was already stamped. I love it. The bunnies were from a blog-bumpkin bear I think. I can barely draw a stick figure, so no patterns for me. LOL!

Tamara-that is beautiful! I want to learn to quilt so badly. I love the color combo and the patterns are amazing.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page