Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  07:34:30 AM  Show Profile
Hey Judith, the 1/2 circles are 15x7cm and the middle one is 15x12cm

I cut out circles of fabric, folded in half, and ironed fusible web between the fabric.
Then I ironed and starched the 1/2 circles 3 times... used pinking shears to trim the edge and then
I made the binding and attached the 1/2 circles between the fold and top stitched and then added mini yoyos and buttons....

Just a fun little project for a rainy day...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 13 2020 08:25:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  11:04:59 AM  Show Profile
Here is my latest creation,, I had it ear marked in an older issue of a MJF magazine...
A French Press coffee maker 'jacket'..

I had to create my own pattern to fit my Press..

then sandwich the fabric and batting RST, sew and turn right side out and top stitch..

backside, I used Hook-n-loop tape.

front side..

So now if I dribble while pouring, the 'jacket' will catch the dribble..

I do like using my French Press when camping...
easy peasy if you pleasy...

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on May 13 2020 11:08:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  11:11:30 AM  Show Profile
Normally I would have used 'Thin-sul-Brite',, thermal insulation for pot holders, etc.,,
but I finally ran out... I need to get some more...

oh and btw... the fabric is from MaryJanes Farm fabric by Moda...

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on May 13 2020 11:14:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  11:41:34 AM  Show Profile
Grace -- now that is something I never would have thought of. I don't drink coffee but DH has two of those press coffee makers. Some day if I run out of projects to finish I may make him one.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  1:12:46 PM  Show Profile
I love hopping on this thread! Every time I come back everyone has been so busy, especially lately! I truly love reading and seeing what everyone is up to. It keeps me motivated. Right now I’m just trying to play catch up on some crochet and jotting down some ideas for the future. I had a friend suggest I make some more crochet garlands. I’ll have to see what I come up with.

Krista

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  1:32:38 PM  Show Profile
I have been crocheting on my scrap blanket.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  5:35:36 PM  Show Profile
Judith,,, you could make one, using fabric that is of his favorite sport, or sport team... or... heeheehee!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 15 2020 :  12:27:27 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judith, your quilts and kitty are wonderful!
Krista, what a special gift you gave your mother. Great job! Great daughter!
Grace, the garland is so cute. French press cover is nice too! I see you have an inspector on the job! Did the inspection pass? LoL!

I've been making Pin Cushions, mug rugs and cutting squares for the fabric swaps. Going through my fabric is like shopping! I am finding fabric I forgot I had!
Some I like and some I wonder what I was thinking when I bought it! LoL!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 15 2020 :  12:44:51 PM  Show Profile
We have been getting super high winds and it’s pretty chilly again. So we haven’t been going outside much. We did just get some raspberry plants planted other then that not much work to do outside, so I’m going to continue to work on crochet I’m hoping to finish up a few freezer pop holders today.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - May 15 2020 :  1:27:20 PM  Show Profile
Darlene -- I've also been shopping in my fabric stash. Haven't bought fabric since this whole quarantine thing began. I'm having fun creating out of what I have. I have no idea (or memory) of where I got some of this fabric.

We're going up to the hills for a couple of days so I will be having fun with Black Beauty -- my hand crank sewing machine I keep up in the trailer. I have a shoebox of 1 ½ inch squares that I'm sewing together into a postage stamp quilt. Along with my iPod full of music and recorded books it will keep me happy while DH is out with his archery buddies.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 15 2020 :  3:14:00 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
GRRR I had typed a LONG message here and lost it when I put in the wrong MJF password. Let me try again.

Judith - Love the churn dash quilt. I have made my first red and white Broken Sugar Bowl quilt top, thanks to a year-long block swap with my quilt guild. I have also been sewing together blocks made months (maybe years?) ago - 1. a Bonnie Hunter pattern, 2. a Pat Speth Nickel Quilt pattern, 3. a Sewing Themed Row Quilt from a swap several years ago, and my red and white Broken Sugar Bowl. All of these quilt tops still need borders. In addition, we bought a new king-size bed (we've had only a queen and a full size up to now) and I discovered I have None, No, Zilch, Nada king-size quilts. I found a vintage top I had purchased several years ago and it will just about cover the TOP of the bed, so I will add 2 inner borders and a pieced outer border to make a quilt for the bed. I like my quilts to hang over the sides quite a bit so the mattress doesn't show, so I have to add about 16" in borders to this top.

Grace - Love the banner and the French press covers.
Krista - great mother-s day gift. No wonder she loves it.
Darlene - I think we all have some of those "What was I thinking when I got this fabric?" fabrics. Bonnie Hunter has always said, If you still don't like this fabric, you haven't cut it in small enough pieces. LOL! I have found some of those during my quilt room organization in my new house. I love scrappy quilts, so I will use them, just not sure when, where, or how. LOL!

I will take pictures and post today or tomorrow.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - May 15 2020 :  3:58:14 PM  Show Profile
What has happened to this discussion that I have to go from page 1 to the end to see more information.

Betty J.

I'm glad it isn't just me.

Edited by - Betty J. on May 18 2020 8:41:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 16 2020 :  10:00:47 AM  Show Profile
Hey Betty, I have the same problem... it's not just you...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 17 2020 :  4:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Me too!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 17 2020 :  9:12:26 PM  Show Profile
I have put a complaint in. Hope it can be fixed.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 18 2020 :  1:52:00 PM  Show Profile
It must be because we have loaded it up with so many wonderful projects!

I finished all the popsicle holders and will be mailing them off today. Now back to my other projects!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 18 2020 :  2:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Here are the quilt tops I've been working on.
Bonnie hunter pattern, though I revised it some. Hers is on point, and mine is set in rows. It is a scrappy center block with the white sides and colorful cornerstones, with a polka dot fabric between pieced blocks. The center of the fifth row from the bottom has a farmgirl in it.

This is a Pat Speth "Nickel" quilt. All of her patterns use 5" squares of fabric, also known in the quilt works as Charm Packs. This quilt has house blocks sewn together. I have various house fabrics to use for the borders.

Next is a sewing-theme Row Quilt, I made the center row, with Jake (my former cat) looking out from behind my sewing machine (and I need to sew a darker blanket stitch around the light machine to make it stand out), which he did all the time when I was sewing. Members in my quilt guild made the other rows of pincushions, singer sewing machines, and lots of other sewing items. I love the top and bottom rows - cats and a mouse holding up a spool of thread on the top and words for me on the bottom. I have some cats-with-sewing-machines fabric for the back, though it will need a border to make it large enough on all four sides.

My red and white Broken Sugar Bowl pattern. I supplied the white-on-white background fabric and every month we exchanged boxes with our quilt blocks and others made one of our blocks when we made one of theirs.

Below is the old quilt top I bought at a thrift shop. The pattern is Square-in-a-Square. I like the way the maker used bright colors and each diagonal row highlights one bright color. I need to add borders to this quilt top to make it a large king-size quilt for my new king-size bed.

I'd love suggestions for borders on all of these quilts, but especially for the one that needs to be king sized. I need to add about 15" to all four sides, and plan for two 4" borders and then a pieced border of squares or piano-key strips. I do have lots of sewing theme fabrics and a few house theme fabrics for those two quilts.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on May 18 2020 2:53:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 18 2020 :  4:20:26 PM  Show Profile
Holy Milk Cow you girls have been very very busy. Love the banner and the French press covers. I would have never thought of a French press cover!
What a wonderful mother's day gift. Wow
Great quilt tops.
Still working on my whole quilt. It will be 7 years in the works come October! But getting close.

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 18 2020 :  7:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Has anyone every asked Brian what the problem is with this thread? It only opens up every time to Page 1 of 260.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 18 2020 :  7:45:57 PM  Show Profile
I don't know how to get a message to Brian.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 19 2020 :  3:40:04 PM  Show Profile
Linda,,, it goes with out saying... I LUV #3, the Cats and sewing machine themed quilt!!!
Bring it with you when you and hub's come up to Cd'A and Spokane... wink wink...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - May 19 2020 :  8:14:56 PM  Show Profile
Linda -- with all those lovely tops you are going to be doing the same thing I am -- spending many hours days and weeks quilting. I can't imagine anyone giving that top to a thrift shop; there's many hours of work put into that. Love the cats and sewing machines!

I'm quilting away on my UFO tops. The third one is on the machine now. Unfortunately I've been working from the smallest ones up so now I have two 80x80s to do and one 100 inches. I'm afraid I will have to find someone with a longarm to do that one as I won't be able to quilt it on my Bernina.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 20 2020 :  1:03:00 PM  Show Profile
WOW Linda! You have been very busy! Your quilts are gorgeous. I don’t have any suggestions on boarders since I don’t quilt, but anything you do will look amazing. Your first quilt, with the blue squares, is my favorite! With the red and white one in close second.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 20 2020 :  6:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Linda, those are beautiful! You have been busy! Enjoying your new sewing room?

Forget about this page and start it as a new page like The Porch did and stop posting here. It's obvious this isn't getting fixed. What do you think?

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 20 2020 :  6:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I'm for that, Darlene. This is way too long, and that could be why it is causing problems.

Judith - I do not quilt my own, unfortunately - I send them to one of many longarm quilters in my guild. Plus I am treating myself to a maid every 2 weeks and she happens to be a longarm quilter. LOL! May have to see what she can do.

Also, turns out we are returning the king size bed and getting another queen size - the wall in the bedroom was not long enough for the king size bed and 2 night stands. We are buying a new bedroom set and the wall LOOKED large enough, but all night I dreamed it was not big enough and this morning we measured - and sure enough, it wasn't LOL! Luckily they hadn't delivered the bed yet and are switching out to the queen size. WHEW!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page