Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 249

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  5:25:38 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Awww, Peggy-you are too kind. I am making the jacket for a friend so she can wear it while in London. That pattern would be so cute on a jacket. You should do it!

WOW! 9.50? That is crazy!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

needy
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Juanita
Exmore Virginia
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  6:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Girls,Peggy ,kittykill,and all the rest of my farmgirl friends. I just love hearing from you all. Hope every one is well and busy doing what they like best. Today I worked on the tote bags alittle. trying to emb on the pocket of one, a friend is starting a group called, Waste Watchers and they go around the neighbor hood and clean up. it is ashame that some people just throw out paper and trash on the rosd sides. Any way she wanted a tote that would be easy to carry along and wanted their name on it, so I have been working on that, Yesterday I did some tomatoes and froze them for soup this winter. Our little garden is small but it sure is fun and we grow alot of stuff in it for being so small.
Yes a small group of chrstian friends have started a church. We like to hear the word preached as it is in the King James bible and it wasnn't being done. So many don't hear the word anymore. A friend of my Husbands had retired, or so he thought,LOL and now he will be our Pastor. We love it. We will be small at first. We will be called the, Colonial Baptist Church. Well farm girls I hope you all will pray for us and I will be praying for you all. Love you all Farm sister#1020 Juanita
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  6:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the idea of the Waste Watchers -- that's fun. Each year, I take a group of college students to clean up a section of highway that we adopted. Or perhaps they take me -- at any rate it is a fun time for us.

Ah, the weekend coming and time for gardening and sewing and being with my husband and my lovely boxer, Abby. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

needy
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Juanita
Exmore Virginia
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  6:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Peg, Oh I would love to come to the Porch and bring some bb jelly and some Biscuits, That is what I had the other morning for Breakfast. A friend of my husbands come over every Wednesday for Breakfast and he had some on Scones and took a jar for he and his wife. He says he will hide it when the kids come over, LOL It was very good this year. I wish I didn't live so far away. My Stepson was in the Air Force out in Spokane and Charlie and I were out there about 3 years ago. Beautiful Country, I had never been of the west coast before and it was quite a treat I had never flown before, and I was not to thrilled but it wasn't bad. well I have to say good night for now, Love to all the farm girls. Farmsister #1020 Juanita
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  05:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably work on pew decorations & candles for Ashley's wedding in 2 weeks! Yikes! If it doesn't rain need to pick beans also. So much to do & only so many hours to do it! I am tired just thinking about it.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
665 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  07:37:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peg, some of the kids art was amazing so realistic. I do some but don't sit down and paint like I use to. I do more of a mixed media, faux art, more craft projects I guess you could say. I am going to have to get a blog going when I get a change to have someone help me and take the time.
Today I am back to working on the pillow and starting another one. Have to clean my craft room up cant find a thing.
Jill
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  08:09:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy, have fun with the grandkids.

I woke up this morning to find our oldest son on the couch, wife and kids were in the guest room, and I had to leave for work. They'll be camping by the time I get home. I did slip into my stitching room and cut out the clothes for the new doll before I left the house.

I like to work on dishclothes or other hand work in the evenings. My legs get restless then so I just use the hand work to help keep them quiet. Oddly, it works well. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6427 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6427 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  10:37:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today...I am working on Laundry and cleaning up my room as the GD's will be sleeping on my
bedroom floor in sleeping bags. We'll be camping out in the Apartment for a week! :+)

You guys will be my moments of Sanity during the week. I am already thinking...oh, do I really
know what I am getting in to taking both of them for 7 days. Hee Hee! It'll all be good, I am
sure! One of my GS's here calls me The Fun Grandma...so, I am hoping the girls think so too
after 7 days with me. LOL

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

katrina
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Katrina
The Dalles Oregon
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  1:57:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today my hubby and I canned some nectarines (he actually did most of the work), and I hit up the local fabric store, which is sadly closing down. Got stocked up for the quilt, some aprons, skirts, kid jammies, and a bag.

www.WorkOfArtCreations.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6427 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6427 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  11:27:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Katrina...I have never heard of canning nectarines but I bet they taste every bit as
good as canned peaches. Isn't it more difficult to remove the seed? Or do you just slice
around it?

Suzanne...didn't you say your garden wasn't doing so well this year? I just discovered today
that my spaghetti squash was rotting right off the vine. I am assuming because of all the rain
and cooler weather we had in the Spring and even this summer but it is very disheartening. :+(

I hope my grand-daughters want to learn some crafting because Grammy wants to teach them some.
Well...say a little prayer for me...as I raised 3 sons and I love my GD's but have never had
them stay for 7 days and tend to be a tad partial to boys (I wonder why?). I was so excited when
I invited them and now I am getting nervous. Maybe because I know my hubby won't be any help
with them. LOL He will tease them unmercifully but that is the best I can hope for.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1963 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1963 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2010 :  04:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone!!
sorry I have not been on much recently, been buried in work and believe me, that is a wonderful blessing!!

Today I have 25 headbands, 30 scrunchies and 24 hats to make. . . although I do not believe I will get quite all of it done, sure feels good to have it to do!! I will try to remember to take a few pictures to share with all of you

Hope all you you have a wonderful day!

Joanna #566
"Keeping Traditions Alive A Stitch At A Time"
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2010 :  06:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joanna, it's so very good to hear from you and to hear that you have lots of sewing work. Working while doing something you enjoy is indeed a blessing, suzanne
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2010 :  07:35:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...am practicing on my tatting, gearing up for the Palmetto Tatting Guild's Tat Days... gonna take lots of classes!
Oh yeah.. I made two more bonnets.. one is girl size and out of old denim!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
665 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2010 :  07:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I plan to do some sewing and then continue on working on my craft room, spent the day yesterday going thru things and sorting them out. I did not realize I had that much STUFF in there.
Jill
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6427 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6427 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2010 :  10:10:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jill...be glad that you have a Craft ROOM to hold all that STUFF!
I'am jealous! My bedroom is my office, my craft room, TV Room, Library, Dogs room and my bedroom. And it is probably 10x12feet My hubby and I sleep in different bedrooms because of both of us having various health issues (which isn't our preference but a medical necessity) but truly I can't see squeezing him in here too. He's a big guy anyway! I keep all my crafting supplies on a bookshelf, in the TV Cabinet, in various totes, and in four plastic tubs stuffed under my
bed, in pull out drawers in the closet, and in a 10 drawer office supply storage unit next to my computer desk. It is Crazy...but I guess I can look at it this way...I have everything in it's place and it's less to clean than if I had an additional craft room!

GD's coming today and I came down with a terrible soar throat during the night. Hope it is just allergies from cleaning and nothing I can pass on to the girls. I am sipping on hot tea right now and think I will head back to bed for awhile more.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2010 :  1:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy, take it easy with your sore throat and grand daughters. I'm sure you will make lots of good memories for them. I did lots of crafts with my son when he was little. He still remembers and I still have his artwork around.

Garden is getting better but took a beating in June and is now just recovering in time for great thunder storms. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  7:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, we had some time off from stitching and gardening to spend with our two grandkids. I did give my daughter-in-law some dishclothes I'd made. She was thrilled.

Grandkids enjoyed the carousel here and a beautiful day. Grammie is worn out and Papa is too. Our little ones are three and almost two -- very busy. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

Chassen
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Chassen
Columbus OH
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2010 :  7:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening, girls!
Today I worked on my scarf for the swap, as well as some beanie hats that I'm hoping to sell at a farmers market in September.
Tomorrow's agenda: more of the same and actually doing housework...ewwww lol

Joy in All Things,
Chassie

City-bound for now! Looking for my little piece of heaven...

http://gnomefalls.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2010 :  7:44:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not much here - some gardening, lots of hours at work, and more dishclothes. The dishclothes are very soothing to work on. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

katrina
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Katrina
The Dalles Oregon
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  06:34:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy, most of them lost their pit just as easily as a good peach. The rest underwent minor surgery. : )

www.WorkOfArtCreations.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  1:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ladies, I am working on a trivet and coasters for a swap. Then will finish up a knitted purse I am making for my daughter. have a great day ladies! Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  7:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm dreaming up new ideas as I crotchet dishclothes. I want to make a Raggedy Ann doll -- a sort of primitive one. And I'm going to knit my next set of dishclothes for the practice. The weekend is coming, so I hope to get some good sewing done. Of course, my husband is taking apart our laundry room, so I'll probably being putting tile down for the floor. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  10:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just finished a pair of tea towels and added them to my etsy shop. Give a look in sharnymcclarny shop. Not much profit in it, but I love embroidering. Now on to my next project????

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  10:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness! Those are adorable! I have that pattern too.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6427 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6427 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  11:01:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sharon...Gorgeous! And besides your beautiful needle work...I love how
you finished the bottoms of the towels with the pretty prints and ric-rack.

I just finished my August Mail-Art and a gift for my Secret Sister which I can't say what it is... because "MUMS" the Word!

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 06 2010 11:17:42 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 249 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page