Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2019 :  11:43:36 PM  Show Profile
Heather, you know me all too well! ;>)

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2019 :  10:21:36 AM  Show Profile
Finally finished my pillow cases:

These are using the pattern in MJ's magazine. While I was tryin to understand the "magic" (that's what they're called in the article) I sewed one upside down. I should have started with the ones that the direction of the fabric didn't matter LOL!

Now I'm working on a couple aprons. I've also got the Christmas tunes on. Gotta do something to take my mind off the hot humid weather. I'd take some of your snow Grace!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2019 :  11:43:28 AM  Show Profile
Heather, your pillow cases are super super cute! I love the Christmas train fabric. I also like how the fabric is mixed matched. You have definitely been busy. Hopefully the Christmas music is helping you out!

I am almost halfway done with my daughters blanket. I have been slacking on everything else I'm suppose to be crocheting, but I didn't get her Christmas present finished last year in time so I feel obligated to make sure hers is done first! I'm starting to think I should have started in August instead of September lol!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2019 :  1:30:47 PM  Show Profile
Heather,, luv your pillow cases... They are super cute!

I made some a few years ago for the Grandkiddos,, and put their presents in the pillow cases..

oh and fyi,, I too have that cute red Cowboy kid print fabric.. but for the life of me, can't remember where from.. lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2019 :  04:31:24 AM  Show Profile
WOW! Everyone has been so busy. What beautiful items. Me?.... well, still working on the quilt. It looks like I will finish it by the end of the year. 6 years, I'm more than ready to be done with this so I can start something else or finish some of the projects in my sewing room. LOL As the end of this quilt is in sight I am already thinking about what quilt to do next. Can't decide between Grandma's handkerchief butterfly quilt or a southwest quilt. Ahhhhhhh dreaming.

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2019 :  2:59:20 PM  Show Profile

Theresa,
Dreaming is good,,, it encourages us to do...
Can hardly wait to see a photo of your finished quilt.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2019 :  04:00:12 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Grace. It is a ecru quilt with ecru (natural) thread so I hope I can get a good pic when it is done. I hope to have it done by the end of the year. Then I will have it boxed professionally as a wedding gift for my grandson. He is only 6 and I am old so I doubt I will be around for the big event.

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2019 :  9:59:17 PM  Show Profile
Wow Theresa, that is awesome! Will you keep it a secret from him or will he know about it?

I took a break from my crochet to paint some wood. I am making a Christmas stocking holder for us since we don't have a fireplace. I'm almost halfway done. It's been a lot of fun painting.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2019 :  07:22:00 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Love your pillows, Grace. I bought some of the red truck fabric at WalMart yesterday.

Krista - thank you for the pattern. I had trouble finding it on your link, but I did find it on Ravelry.com - my go-to place for knit and crochet patterns.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2019 :  12:50:32 PM  Show Profile
Krista, It is a secret. He will know when he gets it. Looking forward to seeing your stocking holder.

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2019 :  6:49:39 PM  Show Profile
I was searching of YouTube for a particular idea... when I came across another way to make pillow cases with self enclosing and French seams.. I posted it on face book on my fb page... I made a Dolly sized pillow case using the method and it turned out super,,, Normally I serger the seams,, but I really liked how it turned out based on the YouTube video.

Pillow cases are such a easy and great gift... I have several in both trailers as well as in my home.. and about every 4 years or so, I make new ones as gifts.

I also made simple ones to tuck in the lap quilts that our ladies group, "Covers of Love", donated to the Children Hospital in Fresno.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2019 :  1:35:19 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I'm sorry my link didn't work, but I'm glad you were able to find it. The pattern does seem a little small. They are kind of tight on my hands. So I suggest sizing up. Luckily my brothers girlfriends hands are smaller than mine.

Theresa, that's so cool. He is going to love it. I ran out of paint and need to go get more today. I plan on going after nap. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some more painting done. I'm also grabbing some material while I'm there to make a couple tie blankets for my boys.

I also have a diamond painting arriving today. I'm making it for my MIL. I'm getting super excited for all my projects.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2019 :  6:55:37 PM  Show Profile
Krista,,, busy busy busy!!!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2019 :  8:09:56 PM  Show Profile
Theresa -- I can't wait to see pictures of our quilt. Whole cloth quilts are special.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2019 :  10:19:11 AM  Show Profile
Grace, I feel it! Lol. This year is going to be extra special for me, because my oldest is understanding Santa and is excited to make Christmas cookies, gingerbread houses, and such, so my goal is to have all my Christmas projects done before December 1st that way I can focus of the fun stuff with him rather than rushing and stressing over getting all my stuff done. Basically I'm overloading my self now to make it happen. Lol. I did start the diamond painting last night and got quite a bit done. It's going to be an easier one. I just need to keep up my pace.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2019 :  12:05:41 AM  Show Profile
Krista!!!
At the pace your keeping... put on Roller Skates!!! You'll get around faster and then when your kiddos fly the nest, you can become a Roller Derby Granny! Lololol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2019 :  12:08:18 AM  Show Profile
FYI... since I awoke to snow this morning.... I hid out in my sewing room...got 3 pillow case finished and 1 apron...

I still need to assemble my quilt and I have 2 more pillow cases to make... and then IRON everything!

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Oct 10 2019 12:06:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2019 :  12:05:34 PM  Show Profile
Heather,, you got me motivated to stitch up some more pillow cases.. Thanx! heeheehee!

I also ironed the quilt fabric, binding and backing..

now to pin together and finish up... after lunch and a cup of tea..

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Oct 10 2019 12:07:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2019 :  07:59:07 AM  Show Profile
Judith, yes they are but are a ton of work. Started around the edge so it won't be long now.

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2019 :  11:24:14 AM  Show Profile
I don't hand quilt. Do you always start around the edge? I always start my machine quilting in the center. I guess they are different methods so different techniques.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2019 :  11:51:53 AM  Show Profile
Grace, that actually sounds like fun! Both now and as a granny lol! Love your pillowcases.

It's finally the weekend and we have nowhere to be, so I can enjoy some more crafting while my kids play with their Halloween projects. It's been a long week for us with preschool and my little baby getting a cold. She is finally on the mend and no longer cranky and clingy.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2019 :  12:27:54 PM  Show Profile
Judith, I also start in the center. I have been working on this quilt for 6 years. Just now getting to go around the edge then bind and I will be done. I don't think I will ever do a King size whole quilt again. LOL. I think I have decided to work on Grandma's handkerchief butterfly quilt next. I've had my Grandma's hankies for a while now and I think it will make a nice gift for my daughter. At least it won't take more than a year or two to finish. LOL

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2019 :  1:24:05 PM  Show Profile
I had a laquered handkerchief box that belonged to my maternal grandmother and filled it with handkerchiefs from my paternal grandmother and great aunts. So pretty -- drawn threadwork, embroidery, tattied and crochet edgings. I couldn't bring myself to alter them so I gave them to my Granddaughter who loves vintage linens.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2019 :  2:59:10 PM  Show Profile
Judith, I know what you mean. What I love about the butterfly quilt is it really showcases them. This is not mine but shows how I am going to do them.

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2019 :  5:32:14 PM  Show Profile
I have a few handkerchiefs that have worn out which I want to make into quilt blocks.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page