Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2019 :  6:05:49 PM  Show Profile
There have been a few days here that running through a sprinkler would feel heavenly. It wasn't too bad today though. In the 80's. Judith, you are right that there is no age limit for running through the sprinkler.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2019 :  12:34:07 PM  Show Profile
Judith, that is crazy. It must really be hot where you are. We have been pretty hot here as well. It rained yesterday and the temperature drop was perfect! But now we are back up in the 90s again. Running through the sprinklers sounds like so much fun! I think I should play in them this weekend with my kids.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2019 :  12:38:04 PM  Show Profile
Here are my completed water balloons! Now that I shared them on social media I have another friend wanting some! Now I'm back to making some more.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2019 :  2:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Krista - with the water balloons, do they just hold water in the yarn? how heavy are they? They look pretty big and heavy when filled with water.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2019 :  12:56:25 PM  Show Profile
Linda, yes they do. They are like a sponge and soak up the water. That's what makes them reusable. They really aren't that heavy. The inside is completely hollow. So they may look big but they are not heavy.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2019 :  1:27:43 PM  Show Profile
I'm in trouble now lol! I started to look at Pinterest for some new Fall crochet ideas and saved more projects then I could make in the season! Oh boy. I wish I had more hours in the day to crochet! Now I just need to pick my favorites and make them first.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2019 :  12:13:28 PM  Show Profile
I'm in trouble now lol! I started to look at Pinterest for some new Fall crochet ideas and saved more projects then I could make in the season! Oh boy. I wish I had more hours in the day to crochet! Now I just need to pick my favorites and make them first.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2019 :  02:44:47 AM  Show Profile
Krista---it is amazing that with three young children you have any time to crochet. I wish I knew how---I love crochet.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2019 :  11:18:45 AM  Show Profile
Geez Barbara, I wish I lived close to you. I would love to teach you to crochet. My 11yr old neighbor taught me when I was 12yrs. I taught my boss and a couple of co-workers. Hey, you could teach me how to cook!

I agree Krista has a full plate and then still serves dessert. What a gal. :)

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends.
Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2019 :  11:23:53 AM  Show Profile

Just finished a beanie I started a while back. I love the autumn colors. I added a small golden button for an embelishment. I could have used a wooden button but can't find my stash of buttons.

TW

Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2019 :  7:13:10 PM  Show Profile
Nancy -- Very pretty; should keep you war this winter.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2019 :  1:28:01 PM  Show Profile
Barbara, crocheting is my way to decompress at the end of the day, so I always make sure to take some time before bed to crochet. I too would love to teach you how to crochet if we lived closer.

Nancy, you are so sweet! Your hat turned out so cute! Those colors are perfect for the upcoming fall. It will keep you all warm.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2019 :  05:24:26 AM  Show Profile
Well---I wished I lived close to you guys too and I would be a good student of crochet. I do know how to do the basic chain stitch or whatever you call it, but that is as far as I ever got. That is a beautiful beanie---the colors are amazing and so perfect for fall.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2019 :  07:31:39 AM  Show Profile
Here is what I have been up to....sewing for my little Mtn Man Rendezvous shop. Here is a authentic Pre-1840 reproduction of a girls Plain Indian Ribbon Dress sans the ribbon. Ribbon was expensive, could not always be traded for and was not always included on everyday wear. The fabric would have been of a calico nature, but would have no more than 3 colors. That is all the weaving machines of the day could produce. Homespun with more colors would also have been very expensive and probably not traded.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlshomestead.wordpress.com

The Gourmet Cupboard

http://www.thegourmetcupboard.com/sites/sheronetaylor8622

Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2019 :  11:48:13 AM  Show Profile
I love to crochet! I have been spending lots of these warm days with hook in hand. Making small projects for gifts and RAOK's as well as swaps.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2019 :  5:27:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sherone,
Thank you for sharing a bit of history. I did not know about the three color rule. The dress looks very well made.

TW

Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2019 :  5:30:47 PM  Show Profile
I love to knit, tat, sew and crochet. My favorite though is crochet because if I make a mistake I can just pull it out to the error and move on. Not so easy with tatting, knitting or sewing.

TW

Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2019 :  8:51:20 PM  Show Profile
Sherone -- we spent many years doing the mountain man rendezvous. I loved primitive camping and really miss it, but DH found a new interest in archery so now I stay home. I'm still using up some of the fabric I bought for shirts in quilts.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2019 :  2:09:07 PM  Show Profile
Sherone, nice dress. And thank you for the little history lesson!

I noticed a lot of people around me who are getting excited for Fall so I decided to start on a Halloween wreath. I got all my supplies yesterday and started working on it. So far I'm super excited with how the wreath looks. I can't wait to finish it and share it with you all.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2019 :  6:13:00 PM  Show Profile
Sherone, years ago I had a friend who made dresses for Renaissance festivals. She made simple dresses like yours that were affordable (she described it as renaissance Wal-Mart).
On Wednesday I got an itch to reuse some plastic sunflower seed bags. They're big enough for a 12 pack of toilet paper!

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

There's no place like home!
Dorothy Gale

Nature speaks in symbols and in signs.
John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2019 :  04:55:58 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa, love those bags! The first time I ever saw one done that way was one I received from Marilyn, Texasgran. Would love to know how they are done. We have a lot of feed bags I could use.

Sherone that is a sweet little dress.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2019 :  10:26:46 AM  Show Profile
I used my rotary cutter to cut off the not so pretty parts of the bag, and used the scraps for the bottom, straps and lining. I used my Singer. The thread tension had to be adjusted quite a bit. Since you're using "free" material, just go for it.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Dorothy Gale

John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2019 :  1:42:42 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa, those are cool! Is there anything else used to make those bags? Or are they strictly bird seed bags? Can you share a picture of what the inside looks like? I like the idea of how large they are. They would even be good bags to take to the beach!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2019 :  2:29:12 PM  Show Profile

Krista, I found that sewing the short sides first made it easy. Everything is part of the original bag.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Dorothy Gale

John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2862 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2862 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2019 :  6:46:12 PM  Show Profile
We have so many of those bags (goats, chickens, wild birds etc). I need to get over my fear of my sewing machine. Like some people fear a pressure cooker. I have 2, but just can't "get with the program"
My sis is a wonderful seamstress, but apparently it is not a familial trait. LOL
Every time I throw one of those bags away Vanessa, I think, "I could make something with this!!!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page