Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2019 :  12:00:50 PM  Show Profile
Wow !!!! Just wow!!! So cool Peggy.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2019 :  12:07:56 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sweet Ruthie...Thanks! I wish you could see the video I did of it as it really shows off the Sparkle. But It can't be downloaded on here, unfortunately. But if you
do FB at all, I posted it on there! ~ I was so Happy To See You on the Porch the other day! PLEASE COME BACK!!

Big Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2019 :  12:31:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh!!! Peggy that is absolutely gorgeous! I am definitely doing a bedazzled one now! Thank you for sharing with me. I would love to see your video! I will see if I can find you on Facebook.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2019 :  12:55:49 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, where do you get the bedazzled diamond paintings?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2019 :  4:48:49 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
I am working on a crocheted scarf.

Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072

Edited by - ruthie218 on Jan 25 2019 4:54:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2019 :  8:57:56 PM  Show Profile
Almost finished...

I finished the wool picture awhile back,, but got stumped as to what to do with it...
I have way to many deco pillows,,, so I am thinking a framed wall art... but should I use this reddish brown ticking fabric or burlap for the background...
Any thoughts?

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2019 :  09:45:18 AM  Show Profile
Krista...I got the bedazzled through Easy Whim. They may be available elsewhere too. Easy Whim is on Facebook as a group too. I belong to about 4
FB Diamond Painting Sites where everyone shares their projects. I had seen one done of The Lion and had to have it. It was so much fun to do. Now
I want to find another Bedazzled one to work on. You might also check Amazon and see if they have them. Where did you order Your first DP from?

Hope that helps! And I hope you found my posting on FB. My name on there is PeggyAnn Pierce Smith.

Gracie I love your little Glamper Picture. Too Cute!!

Have a great weekend Girls.

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2019 :  10:00:39 AM  Show Profile
I love the reddish-brown ticking. The design colors really pop and it evokes the night . . . a cozy night.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2019 :  2:03:53 PM  Show Profile
WOW Peg, I never realized there was so much to that. That's some serious work AND lots of patience!
I do jigsaw puzzles. That's as long as I care to sit still and be prosperous! hahaha

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2019 :  2:13:20 PM  Show Profile
Marie,,, Thanks,, I kinda think you are right, about the colors popping...
now to hit the Thrifts and find a rustic looking frame for it.

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Jan 26 2019 2:14:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2019 :  12:49:47 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I like the reddish brown fabric. I looks really great together.

Peggy, I went to your page but didn't see your video. Possibly because we aren't friends, so I sent you a friend request! I looked on amazon and it didn't seem to bring up the right thing. They just looked like normal diamond paintings. I am going to look at Easy Whim. I really want to work on a bedazzled one. I ordered my first diamond painting from amazon. I wasn't sure where else to get one. I guess I could always just google it! Lol

I have been working on a couple more hot pads lately, but tonight I'm going to start working on some blankets that I didn't finish before Christmas. Going to start on my UFO list again.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2019 :  2:24:42 PM  Show Profile
Krista...I will go and accept your friend request. Thanks for letting me know. When you go to Easy Whim the Bedazzled Pictures are always on the Bottom of the paintings. So, click onto a diamond painting set and then scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see them or just type in Bedazzled.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2019 :  5:19:22 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I looked them up and they are beautiful! I think the Fantasy Tiger is my favorite. But boy are they expensive. I wish they were a little cheaper, but I'll start saving up for one. Which one are you doing next?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  2:19:17 PM  Show Profile
Yesterday I started working on some crochet 4 leaf clovers as a new project and a little bit more painting on some UFOs. Right now I'm keeping a slow and steady pace with my projects.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  12:45:37 PM  Show Profile
Krista...the Bedazzled are more Expensive but so worth it!! I have to budget them into my purchases too. I ordered one little owl that was on sale fo99r 23.00 I think my big Lion of Judah I paid 34.99 on sale. I watch for those sales and buy only then. Right now I am doing a Multi-colored Cross with Scripture down both sides, that my DIL gave me for Christmas.
It is a full DP in Square drills...which isn't my favorite. I prefer full Dp's but I like the round drills so much better. So, are you working on a new Diamond Painting??? I saw that you were doing crocheting. I knit and color in coloring books but since I started doing diamond painting that is ALL I want to do. LOL I am Addicted!! I try to buy ahead so that if I have one finished I have 2 or 3 ready to choose from to start! At one time I had 14 Extra Pictures ahead. If you go on FB you will find that there are many Diamond Painting Groups. Join two or 3 of them and then post your pictures when you finish one. You will find other pictures that you love by seeing wheat people post. If you really
like a particular picture ask the person who posted where they bought them from. The Cheapest Diamond paintings come out of China but I do not always like waiting for them.
They have started having some sellers in the United States...so that is helpful. I hope you find this Info. helpful. And I will try to post on FB also when I finish a picture and then notify you, so you can see it. I would love for you to do the same for me. I love seeing what other people are doing. Have a Great Day My Farm Sister and I love having you to share with. Maybe I should Start a Diamond Painting Farmgirl Thread????? What do you think?

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2019 :  5:17:57 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait to see the owl one! I seen a cute little girly owl one that I want to make for my daughters room. It's definitely one I'm planning to get. I was wondering about the square diamond painting so I'm glad you shared your opinion. I feel like they would be more awkward or harder to work with. I think I'll skip on trying a square one. I wish I was working on a new one. I need to order me some tea from amazon so I will probably grab me one when I do that. I like the idea of having others on hand. Especially since I have been missing them! lol I didn't think that was possible! They are my new favorite and I am addicted as well. I do crochet and paint/decorate wood blocks. I can definitely share mine on Facebook as well! I'm waiting to get a picture frame for my fished one first. I'm still looking for one. It's an odd size. Thank you Peggy! I love being able to share with you as well! Definitely! A diamond painting thread would be awesome! I will be involved!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2019 :  5:33:44 PM  Show Profile
I finished some Valentines blocks yesterday! I'm so happy with how they turned out. And I love the extra pop it adds to my decor.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2019 :  2:25:16 PM  Show Profile
Krista...that is so Adorable!!! I Love to Craft too but since I started Diamond Painting I am SO ADDICTED I rarely do anything else! LOL

I will start a Thread on MJF...though you and I might be the only ones on it for a while. Maybe we will Inspire others to give it a try. LOL

Happy Valentines Week!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2019 :  4:48:00 PM  Show Profile
Krista & PeggyAnn...
does this count as 'diamond' painting? lolol!

I added diamonds around the frame and some big ones too!

I made it for my trailer...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2019 :  12:29:23 PM  Show Profile
Grace...It sure would! Love that!!! A lot of Diamond Painters use their leftover Diamond Drills to decorate all kinds of things. Cards,
Jewelry, etc...so yes, Ma'am this would Count...I LOVE It Gracie.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2019 :  12:34:49 PM  Show Profile
Grace, that is so cute! Definitely counts! I still haven't decided what to use my extra beads for. They are mainly red, whites, and blacks.

Peggy, that is totally fine! I would love to help others get on board and find the same love we have!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  1:31:52 PM  Show Profile
I made my first set of scrubbies! A large one for the face and a small one for the days I wear makeup. I'm so excited to try them out!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2019 :  7:41:34 PM  Show Profile
Krista,, those are kool! are they made from cotton or fine tulle netting?

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2019 :  08:07:57 AM  Show Profile

Here is something else I'm working on (besides my block of the month). I have 16 album blocks that I am freeing from an old quilt top that my husband's great grandmother made. According to census records, most of these ladies were born in the late 1800s and the blocks likely were made in the 30s or early 40s (or so I think because of the fabric). I know it wasn't past 1945, because one of the women died then. It really is neat to see this kind of history! I think the great grandma pieced these much....MUCH later, like the late 70s or early 80s, because the yucky mauve fabric looks like a sheet and that color was popular then. I think she died in 1985. Also, you can see the black stitching that runs across the block. Again, I think she was just quite old and came across these and quickly threw them together. She is the same lady that made a quilt out of a hospital gown. It makes me laugh!

Anyway, now that the blocks are freed (YAY), I will: soak in Orvus or Retro Clean to remove yellowing, carefully press and repair any loose seams, and then I'll piece the blocks with coordinating, reproduction fabrics. My plan is to do them in a diamond shape and 16 blocks works out perfectly. There is one block that totally came apart so I will be completely rebuilding it with new fabric. I will be adding a rod pocket to the back for display.

Gotta love old quilts!!!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2019 :  09:53:27 AM  Show Profile
Amanda, that is 'sew ' awesome!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page