Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  05:59:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi JoJo,
I just completed my last chemotherapy and feel so much better today. I even was looking at my quilting UFO's. My sister will be down from Wenatchee in August and I would like to finish quilting her table runner that I've been working on since I was diagnosed with cancer. The doctor says I am doing really well and will see him again in about six weeks. Maybe my cure will come earlier than expected. Of course, I know that the "cure" is five years away, but I can hope. Getting my hair back is really important. My eyebrows are starting to emerge and that's a good thing.

Looking forward to your photos.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  07:00:23 AM  Show Profile
Betty, I have known many people who survived cancer, so I am hopeful for you and continue to pray for your recovery. Dianne

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  07:46:40 AM  Show Profile
I finished the apron last night & am sending it off today! I haven't decided what to work on next?!? So much to do so little time

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  08:31:52 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Dianne.

The doctor seemed positive from the very first visit. I am surprised how well I feel today and it is the second day from the chemo. Usually I start to feel really tired. At least I don't have the pain and vomiting some folks share. I don't want to eat, but make myself do so. It will be better and 2011 is going to be a wonderful year.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  09:23:14 AM  Show Profile
Betty,

Glad that you are starting to feel better. Know that you are thought of! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Please keep us updated on how you are doing.
Take care

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  09:44:44 AM  Show Profile
I've been working with my Schnauzers all week and waiting on Litter #1 to arrive. It arrived 6 days late but with no problems - and I'm really happy about that. There were three little girls in this litter and they seem to be doing really well. While I was waiting, seemed like forever, I pre-washed a good size bag of new fabric that I picked up a couple of weeks ago from my quilting trip to Paducha. Ky. We had so much fun and I bought a lot of fabric at Hancocks, so I'm set for winter. Now I'm waiting on Litter #2 to arrive at any time which should be a bigger litter. I still need to get the other mother into the whelping box today and get everything else ready. That will take up the rest of the day.

Beth, why not take part of one transfer and put it with another part of a transfer to create a brand new scene? My grandmother used to do that. Have a great day ladies.

Tina

You can tell your dog all of your secrets and they'll never say a word!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  1:18:43 PM  Show Profile
Betty, so glad to hear that you are feeling better. You have such a positive attitude and that is always a great strength and factor for beating cancer. I will pray that you will just get stronger and stronger and that in five years we will all be celebrating with you!

Today...I am going to take an afternoon break and just read. I am just as much an avid reader as I am an avid crafter/embroiderer/knitter etc.

I love a good book...those are my mini-vacations...as I don't travel to much anymore due to my Fibro.

Have a Blessed Friday Girls,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  1:35:43 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Marcy. I'm getting that tired feeling again, but it will go away in about a week or two. I just have to be sure I don't overdo. Housework keeps me busy. It is very warm here and I am thinking of heading for the quilting room after my nap.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  03:43:09 AM  Show Profile
Juanita, you can start your pricing at $29.95 and see what the market will bear. It seems as though you can always come down in your pricing, but my opinion would be to start higher and then sell as you feel your work demands. Just don't want to go too low and overwhelm yourself with orders.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  08:22:12 AM  Show Profile
Juanita..nor do you want to go so high that you don't sell any. All things in moderation.
Remember that you can never re-coop your TIME. Figure out your total cost of materials and
at least double it for your product price. I agree with Betty you should start higher and
you can always go lower. But be realistic with your pricing too.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  09:33:36 AM  Show Profile
Betty, So happy your doing so well!! Glad your feeling good, that helps sooooo much while going through treatment. I will be posting pictures sometime this coming week so I can share some of the things I have been sewing.

Juanita,
I sew for a living and you can be paid for your time. . if your not then your working for free! One thing is to be sure your purchasing your materials wholesale, it helps greatly. Second, you need to do a good comparison of your work with "like items" You will get a feel very quickly of what your customers are willing to pay and can adjust your product accordingly. Pricing is always a tough subject and you need to be fair to yourself as well as your customers. Feel free to drop me an email and I can share more on the subject with you.

Joanna #566
"Keeping Traditions Alive A Stitch At A Time"
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  2:37:28 PM  Show Profile
Working on something for my Farm Friend, Amy Grace, and finishing up a UFO. Also started yet another project--couldn't resist the blouse pattern on sale. Juanita, I once read that you should not price your product at what you think YOU would pay for it. We often take for granted our sewing talents and underprice because of it. Remember, you have a gift, a talent, a skill, and the drive. Dianne

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  10:40:08 PM  Show Profile
Juanita...Oh, it sounds lovely! I like the fact that you left no raw edges. And I love
Longaberger Baskets...so, I bet the tote is adorable. Thanks for sharing with us. I do
wish we could see it. Do you have a blog site where you can post it??? Easier than Photo
Bucket I think!

Blessings,
Peg

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  07:30:13 AM  Show Profile
Painting, painting and more painting. I'm replacing the burnt orange rug in the bedrooms. Found some recycled carpet and painting the office with no-VOC paint. It's great. I can't wait until it's all done. Maybe another week. Otherwise I'm crocheting in the evening to relax. Finishing up a scarf and hat set for my BL for XMas, along with multiple other projects...

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  08:00:19 AM  Show Profile
Going to clean out the chicken house (exciting isn't it?), going to town to get apricots from a friend to make jam with, work in the garden, take DH lunch in the field (he is cutting alfalfa), maybe take a nap, put laundry away, make some scrabble tile jewelry to enter in our county fair. Will I get all this done, probably not, but will just put the items not accomplished on tomorrow's list.
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  10:15:29 AM  Show Profile
...I started on making a muslin quilted sun bonnet .. so far I am thrilled with it.. just puzzled over one part of the direction....

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  5:32:39 PM  Show Profile
Karriann, I've been puzzling over the directions for the overall pockets I've been working on. Finally, I ripped out the pockets and decided that I'd have overalls without the pockets. So far, they seem to be turnign out okay.

Where did you find the bonnet pattern? I'd like to make one.

We are starting to make plans for our chicken house. Life is full of joy these days. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  6:08:45 PM  Show Profile
Hey Suzanne... I got the pattern from Sharon (bobbinrobin) if you go to this thread to the post on bottom.... http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43419
she'll send it to you if you send her a self stamped envelope... :o)

Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  05:12:33 AM  Show Profile
Karriean, thank you. I just emailed Sharon. We have a historic old town here in Montana, and I'd love to go to their festival in historic dress -- the bonnet would be perfect. And I think quite nice in the garden too. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  10:59:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kris in hot New Hampshire (I grew up in Rangeley Maine). Wondered what roving is? What do you use for dye? Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  11:55:15 AM  Show Profile
Today I am working on feeling better. Woke up in a lot of Fibro-pain from a Barometric Change.

Once my pain re-leaver kicks in hope to finish a mail-art project and then work on a hand made bird.

If I don't feel better soon...I may just end up back in bed with a book.

Pain zaps my energy level...so, I sleep a lot more too when I hurt.

Love hearing about all your projects. The overalls and bonnet sound adorable.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  4:23:56 PM  Show Profile

The overalls are almost done. I had some trouble with the pattern - mostly my own interpretations gone awry. However, it was the first time I've used a Kwik Sew pattern. Any hints for working with Kwik Sew patterns? Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  4:25:34 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I hope today was a good day with very little pain. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  4:35:23 PM  Show Profile
Peg, I hope you are able to relieve your pain. My DSIL has Fibro and she complains of pain a lot. I know about being tired because of my chemo. In fact, I just slept a whole hour this afternoon. Don't feel particularly better, but somewhat rested. I hope to hear that you are able to continue crafting. Spending time in bed is not the greatest fun.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  08:18:16 AM  Show Profile
...today, I should be done with the hand quilting part on the brim of the bonnet.
Wishing all of you a better day, Betty and Peg.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page