Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  10:56:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies

I think I am a getting this tatting thang. Since the clothespin holder I made a trim for a tote bag. It is the accrue color at the top. Then I decided to get a little fancy and make a bookmark. I tried to starch it for stiffness but it is still more flexy than I wish. Will have to look up other methods. I am working on another bookmark in purple size 10 thread. One thing I have learned is don't go too fast and don't pull too tight. You will make mistakes, be patient and work the mess out or be willing to start again. Once you tied the knot you are committed. Tatting is kind of like marriage. Be patient, don't work too fast or pull too hard and be prepared that mistaken may happen but do your best to fix the mistakes. Once you tied the knot you are committed. :)

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!

Edited by - Tumbleweed on Jan 11 2017 06:55:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2017 :  07:25:47 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful tatting! I've done it but only to try it out. I have a couple tatting shuttles (somewhere) that my grandmother used.

Ladies, consider joining the Finish Those UFOs in 2017 thread. I see some good projects here which are totally eligible. Join this thread for praise and support in the effort to become a UFO Finisher.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

dena91
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Dena
Pennsylvania
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2017 :  07:28:14 AM  Show Profile

Nancy, you are absolutely right; most people will just think its lovely (and thank you for the complement:-) ). Here's the first one i did and its definitely the scrappiest of the 6. I started keeping a small notebook of quilting lessons and will hopefully have fun improving my skills as I develop more as a quilter.
Your project looks super cool! That is something i have not ventured into yet; perhaps when the kiddos get a little older - can only handle one craft at a time right now :-)
Hugs,

Dena
Farmgirl 5620
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2017 :  08:08:09 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, your tatting is woundrefull! Bet your tote bag looks super cute! Dena, quilting is one thing I've not tried yet, but have it on my "would like to learn " list! I have been playing with my Embrodery machine and made an apron for a friend of mine. She's a waitress and wanted a small one.

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.
Go to Top of Page

AutumnCountyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Kiersten
Suffolk Virginia
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2017 :  10:47:17 AM  Show Profile
I've finished my barn chores and running errands so I think I'm going to spend the rest of the day knitting. My mom plans on joining me in that activity!

Kiersten
https://autumncountrygirl93.wordpress.com/
Farmgirl Sister #7232
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2017 :  2:05:42 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, your tatting looks so good. I like how you compare it to marriage!

Dena, your quilt reminds me of August-September time with the cozy colors. Looks very nice.

Judy, I love the apron! I agree. Dishes are stupid! They should wash themselves!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

dena91
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Dena
Pennsylvania
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  7:46:11 PM  Show Profile
I'm so excited! Today I went out and purchased flannel fabric for making baby quilts. Not sure what i will do with them - maybe sell, donate or use them to raise money for a charity we hope to start. I just love a simple soft quilting project using colors i would never use for myself (I tend to favor cranberries, sages and golds, not pinks, blues, greens and yellows :-)).

They are in the washer right now! Can't wait to start working on them.

Dena
Farmgirl 5620
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  10:03:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Marie. I would like to master shuttle tatting but needle tatting is easier for me.

Dena... Your project looks great. I am with Judy. I want to learn quilting to. Need to clear a space to work. I agree with your color choices.

Judy.... The apron look great. You have a lovely skill.

Kiersten.... That sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day.

Krista.... I thank your Auntie for making it so easy to learn. Love her books. I have four of them.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  03:42:06 AM  Show Profile
Dena, great idea for making baby quilts! I have a pillow case pattern that's easy and fun if you want that as well. Received some fabric from my waitress friend here's what I did,
Does anyone know what you call the skull and crossbones girl? I'm looking for an Embrodery pattern of her.

Farm Girl Sister #6566

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  09:51:43 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Today I sewed 160 6-1/2" squares into strips for a quilt. They came from the Scrappy Fabric Swap I hosted. I also finished another UFO - a gift for a farm girl.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2017 :  3:43:04 PM  Show Profile
Linda... you are one 'sewin crazy lady"... wish I had your quilting blood!

Hopefully I will have time next week to get back into my sewing room!
In the mean time.... I will craft vicariously through you gals!
>^••^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2017 :  4:59:50 PM  Show Profile
Judy-- you could try searching sugar skull female line art in google to find a close pattern.
I wonder if you could put the fabric on a copy machine and get a image that would work for a outline embroidery? Just a thought

Back to edit--
This might be just what your looking for https://clipartfest.com/download/56314fe80c1fb1523b82ed56ab2814d3105851d2.html

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Put your lipstick on & be Happy!
http://stitchthrifty.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Bridge on Jan 14 2017 5:00:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2017 :  12:15:23 PM  Show Profile
Bridgette, YES! that's exactly what I'm looking for. Now if I can figure out how to digitize it so I can download it into my embroidery machine! thanks!!

Farm Girl Sister #6566

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2017 :  3:01:59 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Linda! I can't wait to see all those tiny square a sewn together.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2017 :  5:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
They aren't that tiny. They are 6" square when done. This isn't a postage stamp quilt.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2017 :  5:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Today I made 2 MJF Dish Drainer quilts. Then I went to my small quilting group.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2017 :  08:57:45 AM  Show Profile
Linda, where do I find those? That sounds great!

Farm Girl Sister #6566

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2017 :  6:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Judy -

Here is the link to the pattern. http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Recipes-Patterns-Instructions/dish-drainer-quilt.pdf
You can google dish drainer quilt instructions and it comes up with this MJF link.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2017 :  6:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have made 5 so far - 2 more cut out and will be done soon.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  03:25:52 AM  Show Profile
Thanks! One more thing to add to my sewing list! :)

Farm Girl Sister #6566

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  06:28:28 AM  Show Profile
UFOs nagging you for attention?

Join "Finish Those UFOs in 2017" and become a UFO Finisher.

We support anyone who has a room full of chatty UFOs or just a couple things that should have gotten done a while ago.

Our UFOs are not just fiber crafts. They also include mending, organizing, deep cleaning, computer rehab, taking classes, fixing up the yard or the house . . . Anything that pokes the back of the mind reminding a person it could/should/must be done.

We offer support, encouragement, advice, chocolate and practical advice on finishing a project. Receive a prized emoticon for each project finished.

Be a UFO Finisher. Join "Finish Those UFOs in 2017" in the Stitching & Crating Room at MaryJanesFarm Farmgirl Connection.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  07:56:26 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Today I hope to put the binding on my Route 66 quilt so it can go in the motorhome with us this weekend and the next 2 weeks. Also 2 dish drainer quilts that have been cut out for a couple months. One for the motorhome and one for my kitchen. This will knock out 3 more UFOs for that completion list, too. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

AutumnCountyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Kiersten
Suffolk Virginia
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  08:05:20 AM  Show Profile
I finally get a day off of work after working 7pm-4am the last four days in a row. Aside from napping a bit, I plan on helping my mom clean and then working on knitting my scarf for the beginner knitting merit badge.

Kiersten
https://autumncountrygirl93.wordpress.com/
Farmgirl Sister #7232
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  08:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds good, Kiersten.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  11:37:43 AM  Show Profile
Aside from a home-ec class in middle school, I had no idea how to sew... so before my first child was born, over 13 years ago, I bought a sewing machine and taught myself. Today I pulled out my badge notebook and looked at the requirements for "Sew Wonderful." I had already earned the beginner level and decided to work on the intermediate. I had never heard of a french seam, let alone knowing how to do it. Oh my gracious it is fabulous!!! I am so excited! I am sure I will still use my serger, but will certainly be adding in french seams as well. I can especially see using the french seams for materials that fray! I also learned how to do the "flat felled seam." So fun and such a different look! I'm not sure when I'm going to use it, but I like it just the same! The other seams I worked on were zig-zag, 3 step zig-zag, self-bound seam, and pinking seams.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page