Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

peafarm
True Blue Farmgirl

182 Posts

Penny
South Dakota
182 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  9:34:33 PM  Show Profile
I'm just having pure fun. Last weekend I made my first batches of goat's milk soap. I tried both a hot press and cold press variety and am quite tickled with how they turned out. So this week am figuring out what fragrances to order so that I can make more! In between, I'm re-arranging the freezer to try and organize the frozen milk. It multiplies quickly!

Penny
www.peafarm.weebly.com
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  05:44:31 AM  Show Profile
Today I am painting my craft/cutting table in the sewing room. It is actually 2 kitchen drawer base cabinets (24" wide). I got these at a salvage store for 20.00 each. Hubby has already cut and prepared the top out of maple for me. The top will be about 3 x 5 feet. It'll probably be next week before all the paint is done and the top is stained and finished off. I'd love to say I'm gonna finish this weekend,but I have 2/12hr shifts to work. Nothing here at home gets done on work days.:p

TEDDIE
Sewing Forever, Housework Whenever

I have SABLE ( Stash Accumulating Beyond Life Expectancy)
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  7:03:12 PM  Show Profile
I do enjoy seeing everyones projects....ton of talent from our friends. I have just been working on my scrapbook of my grandson. I started off with his ultra sound pic and complete one for each year. He will be 4 in August. I love to take pictures and really love to scrapbook and he is my favorite subject!

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"

http://drycreekfarms.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ZenGoddess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Cindy
MO
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  08:22:41 AM  Show Profile
Teddie,

You so made me laugh... I love your bottom line, me too : )

Hugs,
ZenGoddess/Southernplum
My life goal is to Simply - Simplify my life.
http://herbalcottage.blogspot.com
http://herbalcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

horseychick
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Melanie
Clarkston MI
USA
140 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  5:27:21 PM  Show Profile
Made 4 "garden towers" this weekend to put in my flower beds. Went to a church bag sale yesterday(you know, fill your bag for $3) I filled mine with junk I didn't need plus some oddball glassware which I then stacked and glued together to create decorations to put among my flowers. I used vases, cups/saucers, pretty sugar bowl, dishes and candlesticks. They came out quite pretty, I think. My boys thought they did anyway. Should have taken some pics of them to post. So if you have any old glass goodies laying around, there is a good use for them. Use E6000 or bead/glass glue to stick them together.

I also picked up some old groovy ties to make something out of. Maybe a cell phone or ipod case. I want to think of something creative to do with them-not just the usual pillow or purse. Will keep you posted on that in case a stroke of brilliance hits me. Not likely as I have had a bag of ties calling my name for a few years now I have yet to think of a great use for them!
Go to Top of Page

Motholelis Mom
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Deborah
Louisville CO
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  1:39:11 PM  Show Profile
Knitting socks! Always working on socks! Love the socks! These are a self striping German superwash wool. Yummy!

Blessings,
Deborah
Go to Top of Page

missmuffcake
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

kendy
modesto ca
45 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  1:57:57 PM  Show Profile
Hair bows!

------------------
http://www.missmuffcake.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  2:57:43 PM  Show Profile
I am working on Mail Art and Dish Clothes and my
house work...is working on my guilt!

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  2:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
recovering from my hospital stay, i will post about it in a different section.
i am on restrictions, cant lift anything over 10 lbs.(does that include my thighs,)
anyway i am enjoying catching up on everyones projects , the cutest bear, the reenactment costumes. and just reading from farmgirl friends. hope to be back to driving this week.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
www.angeltree.etsy.com

check out the farm at:
www.localharvest.org/farms/M24434
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  04:41:49 AM  Show Profile
Just finished 2 throw pillows for the outdoor wicker furniture and an embellished lampshade. Now I'm working on mail art and gifts for my Farm Friend in WA. Now that everything's planted in the garden, I'm going to sew, sew, sew! Dianne

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

Motholelis Mom
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Deborah
Louisville CO
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  4:48:17 PM  Show Profile
Today I finished the second sock for my second pair of socks! Haven't run into "second sock syndrome" yet! Can't wait to cast on for the next pair. I love using DPNs so I bought another pair of size 2 and for the next pair, I will work each stage of the socks on different sets of needles and finish the pair about the same time. Should be fun!
Have a beautiful weekend everyone!
Deborah

Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret B. Runbeck
Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2010 :  08:13:49 AM  Show Profile
Deborah, that sounds like a great idea! I've seen a book somewhere that shows how to knit a pair on the same circular needle at the same time, but I'm POSITIVE I'd get the yarn all tangled if I tried that. (I can tangle yarn by looking at it.)

Dianne - Lucky you! When I get started sewing, I can usually go until my Boy gets hungry. Which is about every 5 minutes.

Frannie - How are you doing?

I'm planning a day of sewing and playing with my clay - if DH can manage the kids. :-)

Melissa

My blog:

http://ButterscotchGrove.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  03:45:16 AM  Show Profile
Melissa, Did you get to sew and play with clay??? Dianne

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  5:15:15 PM  Show Profile
Frannie...hope you are doing better! Get Well soon...but just let your body
relax and heal it's self. How are the puppies???

Today I have been working on my house. You know I craft so much that some weeks...I just
have to stop and put the house back together again. That was today! Only one room left
to do and that is the one that I hate to do the most..."The Bathroom"...it will still be there tomorrow, don't you think? LOL

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  07:43:08 AM  Show Profile
Today I am going to make a birdhouse. We brought back one of those cheesy straw hat from our vacation in Mexico. My plan is to cut a piece of wood to fit the circumference of the inside of the hat. I'm going to staple it in. Then I'm going to cut a hole in the crown of the hat for the birds to go in. Hang it from a rope and voila! a birdhouse. I'll try to take pictures tonight.

I'm also getting ready for a yard sale this weekend.

Lots to do.........

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  10:06:39 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Stained our deck . . .have to have just right weather conditions . . today is the day! It's done!!!

Go finish mowing the weeds out around our property . . . before it dries out any more and the wind comes up (supposed to tomorrow)

THEN, I want to get back in my project room for more papercrafting of cards.

'Tis a gorgeous day outside though!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  10:22:36 AM  Show Profile
Dianne - Alas, I have not done a thing in my craft room except empty the trash. Sigh. Maybe this afternoon.

Sherrone - that birdhouse sounds adorable!

CJ - good for you with getting the deck stained. I was out weed whacking our "lawn" yesterday and now I'm suffering for it - cottonwoods are spewing their cottony fuzz all over the place and my sinuses are flipping out.

Today my kids have a bunch of activities, but if I can get Daddy to take over the 2 o'clock program at the library, I will be sewing OR claying this afternoon.

Have a productive day, everyone!
Melissa

My blog:

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  08:02:09 AM  Show Profile
Today I have to work my real job, but this evening I am going through boxes getting ready foe a yard sale on Saturday. It's time to clean stuff out of my life!!!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  09:07:24 AM  Show Profile
Sherone - I love your signature line!

My blog:

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  09:22:40 AM  Show Profile
Melissa,

Thanks! I was a having a particularly hard day at work (I work with 35 men and I am the only girl) Most days I feel like I am on Mars, when I know I should be on Venus. An office supplies salesperson (a girl) told me that line when I expressed my frustration with the Martians. I have to say that whenever I am on that broomstick, the Martians tend to follow my Venetian ways. *LOL*

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2010 :  10:11:28 AM  Show Profile
Deborah, do you do your socks on three needles or one round needle? When I was knitting socks, I tried with the rounded needle and was able to make two at the same time and therefore didn't have to worry about making socks that weren't quite equal.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  11:02:28 AM  Show Profile
Here's some pictures of the birdhouse I mentioned that I working on. I actually finished a project!!!!

The bottom

Hanging in the tree

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Edited by - sherone_13 on Jun 18 2010 11:03:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  11:40:04 AM  Show Profile
I've finally gotten my tomatoes in the ground. Next comes the eggplant and then the cucumbers. I think that will be all I can wrestle since the Oncologists decided I needed two more rounds of chemotherapy. I'm doing this on sheer pushing myself. I'm glad it is getting done because I can't do without my fresh tomatoes in the summer.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  11:52:34 AM  Show Profile
Sharone...I love your bird house hat! How adorable!

And bless your heart being the only woman with 35 guys...
on the other hand I always preferred working with men than
women in an office. 35 Women could get pretty exciting
working all together too! Cat-women With Sharp Claws! LOL

But I've always said, put us in charge of finding Terrorists
at our time of the month or when we are going through menopause
and there would be no problems cleaning that war up.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

AsiyahK
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Asiyah
New Jersey
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  5:11:56 PM  Show Profile
I just finished a quilt top. I've challenged myself to use solids only for the next 6 quilt projects. Two down. Four to go.

Citrus Carolina

Midnight with the Birches

Visit my blog at http://mypointohtwo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page