Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  6:59:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie...can't wait to see your rug finished. I love the starting
of it. Keep going...you'll be glad you kept at it. I know I am with
my afghan.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  11:38:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the encouragement, Peggy! I love your afghan granny squares have always been my favorite! I know I have a few whip's to finish too!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2014 :  11:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love scrolling through the pages here and admiring everyone's talents! It's a rainy Saturday here in NY, which isn't a bad thing because I have a recovering fur baby I don't want to get to far from. So we are snuggled here on the couch with a baseball game on while I work a bit more on my rug.

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6360 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6360 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2014 :  11:37:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking really good there Bonnie. I can't wait to see that Beauty when
it is completed...but I love seeing it come together too.

I'm getting ready to start a new project...A crocheted Flower Valance for
my kitchen window. First I have to teach myself how to make the flowers.

Hope your fur baby is doing OK.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2014 :  8:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow......everyone is sooo talented!

Peggy, your afghan is beautiful! Love the colours! Wished I could sit beside you for a lesson in Granny squares. Doing something wrong because mine never turn out.
Your curtains will be soooo cute. Share a pic please when they're done!

Vanessa, your mail art partner will be thrill. What a creative treasure!

Bonnie, love the colours in your rug. I think crochet rugs make a home feel warm.
Thanks for sharing
Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6360 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6360 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2014 :  11:48:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judy dear...I taught myself by watching an on line tutorial...over and over again
until I felt I got it right and then went crazy making them so I wouldn't forget how. LOL
That is one thing I love about computers!!! You can learn anything you want to know.
That aspect is so amazing to me. It turned out looking more Fall-ish (the colors) than I
had anticipated but I still have it draped over the chair in the living room so I can look
at it and revel in the fact that at long last it is Finished!

I will share the curtains when they are done.

Love and Hugs,
Red/Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2466 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2466 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2014 :  09:56:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bath bombs!!! I was a little scared to try this after reading over and over that a lot of times the mixture doesn't set well. But these came out sooo pretty and they smell amazing. I used a rose mold and scented the bath bombs with what else? Rose garden scent. I also added a little bit of body safe glitter to the top of the mold before I molded them. I love how they came out. I had a little extra mixture left and made a few small hearts as well. I tried one yesterday in the kitchen sink just to see if it would work and...it fizzed like it was supposed to and it made the whole kitchen smell like a rose garden. I am either going to try bubble gum popsicle soaps next or sandy beach soaps next. I will see what I am in the mood to make.

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://yankeegirlsoapco.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2014 :  10:17:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neat, Marcy.........I can smell them all the way down here!!!!!!!!!! :)

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6360 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6360 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2014 :  11:42:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, Marcy those did turn out Pretty! Good for you.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

551 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
551 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2014 :  5:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just finished a grow chart for my grandson's birthday.

Go to Top of Page

needy
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Juanita
Exmore Virginia
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2014 :  7:18:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the grow chart, Theresa
I just finished 4 placemats for my kitchen table. Was not pleased with them, but will use them anyway. Juanita Farm sister #1020

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6360 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6360 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2014 :  9:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cute Grow Chart Theresa...gives me an idea for my Grandson. He loves Owls...think I just might make
him one. Thanks for the idea.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

needy
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Juanita
Exmore Virginia
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  10:23:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lady in red, Theresa and all the other farm girls on here. What am I doing?
Well I have been gardening and even though it was late, some things are growing, I'm doing some sewing and crocheting some dish cloths. really a little of this and that.
I helped the church have a yard sale to help raise money to have a chair lift put in. It is a old church and the kitchen is in the basement, some of our elderly people can't go up and down stairs. As of Sunday we have raised enough money and they are supposed to start it this Friday. Praise the Lord. That's about it. Hugs to all, Farm sister Juanita #1020
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1349 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2014 :  1:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was digging in some of my stuff in the garage yesterday and came up with a wrap-around skirt I wore many years ago. Tried it on and it just barely fit, but without the wrap. I have removed the belt and flattened the skirt out and am thinking of repurposing it into a dress for my granddaughter.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

carolj
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Carol
Waynesboro Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2014 :  05:30:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cleaning 20 plus replacement windows installed yesterday and hanging the curtain in my sewing room I made while they were being installed.

Blessings,

Carol
Farmgirl 1823

Sow what you want to reap.
Go to Top of Page

Autumn
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Holly
Ontario
Canada
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2014 :  05:25:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm currently working on sanding and prepping wood to paint and drafting some patterns (although my drafting skills are terrible lol). I don't know why there's an overabundance of free teddy bear patterns online but no teddy bear clothing...

My butternut squash/pumpkin garden appears to have failed miserably. The squirrels came in and dug up all my seedlings. It's too late in the season for them to be successful anyways, but what a disappointment! I was hoping for a whole backyard full of orange and yellow globes. >.<

I love seeing everyone's great projects, good work!

*AUTUMN*
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

551 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
551 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2014 :  3:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Juanita and Peggy Ann. It was a hard one. I don't do a lot of paper piecing but love how it turned out.

Am now working on a Toy Box for little man. Also, half done with a yarn bowl. Firing should be done and I will be able to pick it up next week.

Sounds like everyone has been busy this summer. Looking forward to seeing some pics of finished products.

Here is a pick of the unfinished yarn bowl:

Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2014 :  8:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Theresa, the bowl is beautiful!! The growth chart is adorable as well.

Holly, sorry to hear about the squash and pumpkins!! How disappointing!!.

I plan to finish a baby quilt this weekend, not looking forward to sewing flannel in the upper eighties, but it needs to be finished...
Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

DvilleMama
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Lyn
Small Town MI
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2014 :  10:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The kids & I got a jar of lacto-fermented pickles started. I also got some bone broth started in the crockpot. Took the kids on a spur of the moment tour of a dairy farm. They got to help bottle feed some of the calves. It's been a great day!

Lyn

After being away for too many years living life, I'm rekindling that farmgirl flame in my heart! That makes me happy.
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

551 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
551 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2014 :  04:03:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing how the bowl turns out after firing. I thought the grow chart turned out nice. Hope DD likes it.

Know what you mean about quilting in the summer. I have a whole cloth in the loop but been to hot to work on it. I think if I needed to finish a quilt I might just have to turn the air conditioning to 68 and let everyone else in the house wear winter clothes. LOL. Good luck and post a photo when you get it done.

Lyn, sounds like you had a blast today. I bet the kids loved feeding the calves.

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2466 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2466 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2014 :  10:19:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Soap popsicles. I wanted to try something fun with the soap and this is what I came up with. I made three small bars of soap, one blue, one pink and one yellow and chopped them into little squares. I added a little bit of body safe glitter to the clear soap to give it a little sparkle and added the scent. I had thought about what scent I was going to use and as these were supposed to be fun, I decided to use bubble gum. I loved bazooka bubble gum when I was a kid and the scent smells just like it. I wanted a piece of bubble gum so bad when Iwas making these. I love how they came out. I think these would be great for kids and those who are still kids at heart and like whimsical,fun things...like me.

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3587 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3587 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2014 :  11:21:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marcy, your bubble gum soap pops are adorable!!! How big are your rose bath bombs? They are so pretty!
Theresa, Love the growth chart! I am making four out of burlap. Yours took a lot more work. Your bowl looks beautiful too. Can't wait to see a pic after firing.
Bonnie, I really like the colors in your rug!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

needy
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Juanita
Exmore Virginia
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2014 :  11:27:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been working on a dish towel for a Birthday present, today. Wish I knew how to show the up load the pictures like you girls do. I would show you all the cute towel I made for a friend.
It was out of the feed bag material and I emb. Life is short, eat desserts first, on it and cup cakes and cakes, choc covered straw b. Then I put Amy's Kitchen. The ruffle at the bottom is yellow with lady bugs. It turned out cute if I do say so myself. Every body is very talented on here an I love to see and hear about what you have done. Farm sister Juanita #1020
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2014 :  5:18:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha the rug is not finished, but I crocheted a very simple baby blanket with some gorgeous yarn from a local shop today! The picture doesn't do the colors justice, but you get the idea!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 245 Stitching & Crafting Room:  What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page