Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  06:11:37 AM  Show Profile
Michele-
THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!!! What wonderful creativity you have- I am in awe!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  06:22:33 AM  Show Profile
Michele,

They are absolutely beautiful. What a great idea. They look so sparkly and pretty!!

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4888 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4888 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  06:30:14 AM  Show Profile
Lori ,Thank you! I feel the same about you! Peggy that is a bedspread that my Great Aunt Mattie made! I'm in awe of anyone who can crochet with that tiny needle and thread, I stick to yarn! LOL! I love everyone's beautiful creations!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  07:34:21 AM  Show Profile
Making jammies for Christmas gift. Nightgown for granddaughter.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  09:06:01 AM  Show Profile
Betty,

That is so pretty! I love the color. I bet she is going to love it.

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  09:11:16 AM  Show Profile
She, my DGD, picked out the fabric when she was visiting. Wonder if she will remember it? I thought it turned out well.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  10:03:06 AM  Show Profile
Michele...gorgeous snowflakes.

Betty J....lovely night gown. Grand-daughter will love it.

Sweet Connie...sorry thought it was a table cloth...LOL...shows you how far gone I am with my Fibro-fog.
Can't remember from one page back of pictures. Any way...your Aunt did a beautiful job. Does the bedspread
snag easily? Or do you even use it? I would be afraid I would ruin it or one of the pets. So Stunning!

hugs and blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4888 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4888 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  11:09:13 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I never use it as a bedspread, It hangs on a rack in my guest room. I put it on my Piano for special occasions, Like Christmas. At those time, we are a No- Pet zone, Pets are either locked in DH Man Cave or outside ! I have a Baby Grand so it makes a purr-fect scarf! My Mom just passed it on to me it to me, she said she remembers Aunt Mattie working on it in the early 1950's when she was in High School, Aunt Mattie was the Quilter, crochet, and knitting master of our Family, she made all my dresses when I was little. I have several dresser scarves she made and some of her Depression Glass. She was like a Mama to everyone in our family! I hope you feel Better! I am in the MS fog too and DH is sick too!

Betty, that is Beautiful! I would jump for Joy when Great Aunt Mattie had made pj's or a dress for me!

Michele, beautiful Snowflakes!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  12:19:25 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Connie. I have lots of crocheted stuff too that I picked out from my mother's collection before my dear brother tossed it in the garbage. I'm so glad I did. I grabbed lots of her photographs too. Now I need to find out which relatives those are so I can pass them on to my son. He is really into family.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Nanniekim
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Kim
Arizona
206 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  3:50:30 PM  Show Profile

Crocheting afghans for the grands. 4 finished only one more to go!

Kim
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  5:42:40 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my . . . what creativity and talent! I love coming here and checking out what you girls are up to!!

I've been glamping up my "new" little trailer! Yes, I was able to bring home a CUTE, SWEET 10 foot, 1971 Sprite in great shape. Very little repair needed. After cleaning up and making some adjustments I've been sewing a little but mainly just using things I have to make her look sweet . . . kinda cottage-y with a bit of a Scottish flare. Have more to do, but want to wait until my glamping partner daughter can consult with me and she lives 400 miles away!

BUT, also made an apron for the Christmas apron swap, finished a curtains/tablecloth/placemat order for one customer, a placemat/napkins order for another, a glamper girl bag for a customer . . . and the list goes on!

Love creativity!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  6:14:48 PM  Show Profile
Kim...what bright and beautiful Colors. They will love those! Lovely Job!

CJ...you are always so busy and creative. None of us can keep up with the likes of you...
your just a Fabric and Craft Genious!!! Can't wait to see pictures of your finished
Clamper.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  4:21:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for your kind compliments! I think I'm taking a "sabbatical" from "Farm Fresh Aprons" for a time. Not sure how long but some time.
Hopefully there will be some new inspiration for other projects!
Thanks again!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  4:44:05 PM  Show Profile
Every thing you all make is so nice, I love the afghans and their colors I love the bear and his pony and The little night gown is adorable.

Nice work everyone.

hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4888 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4888 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  6:19:14 PM  Show Profile
Betty, Doesn't it surprise you how people can throw away such treasures that are Family made or owned! I am so glad you got to rescue yours! My mom and I take everything our family throws out, if It belonged to my Granny or her family or my Paw's family! that is why our homes and attics are so crowded!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  8:18:28 PM  Show Profile
Isn't it surprising that I haven't spoken to my brother since my mother's funeral. He cleared everything out of her house--only I got my "stuff" before he got there. He was executor of the estate, but when he behaved the way he did, I wanted to preserve some things.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2013 :  06:03:06 AM  Show Profile
Not surprising Betty. I haven't spoken to my brother in four years after how he went against my mother's will and wishes after she passed. So ... you are not alone.

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2013 :  11:20:52 AM  Show Profile
Sharon and Betty...I have rarely seen good things come out of the death of a parent...where the siblings are concerned.
My sister said she wanted NOTHING when are parents died and my brother wanted everything...but they both died ahead of
my mom. I go to her house in Spokane where she has lived for 50+ years and I know I will probably be left to deal with
all that STUFF and I just want to blow the whole place up and be done with it. She has a couple of pieces of Jewelry
that I might want to keep in the family but that is it. I wonder why more people don't pass along things to their kids
while their children are still young enough to enjoy it and want it. I'm 62 and I have down-sized 3 time since turning
55 and I know my kids will Thank Me Someday. And I have given my boys keep sake pieces already. I have even given my
favorite Aunt and My own Mother several rings that they admired. I look at it a bit differently than most people...I'm
sure but it's just stuff and it isn't going with us when we die...so let people have it NOW. I even had a friend who
admired a painting that I had of The Shepherdess and she use to say..."Will" that to me when you die will you...I love that
picture. So last year I just gave it to her. What is one less painting on my walls??? And another girlfriend always admired an antique bracelet I wore alot...so I gave it to her. Anyway, I am all about spreading the Joy and Love now...so no one fights over it later.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 18 2013 11:25:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2013 :  1:06:09 PM  Show Profile
It wasn't about the "stuff". More about sharing her finances with the grandchildren as was her wishes and what she and my dad had specified in their will. None of the 6 of them got a penny because my brother had control of it all. My mother would be so sad

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2013 :  5:19:04 PM  Show Profile
I have something new on my dressmaker model which I am considering for restyling.

I believe it was once an underdress worn by a Somali woman. I found it in the alley. I am looking for ideas for restyling this garment.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2013 :  6:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Sharon...no, I totally get what you were saying and I'm sorry I kind of muddled all that together.

When I was younger my Grandmother always promised me her ruby ring when she died. When I was 17 she died
and when my folks went to Portland for the funeral I reminded my Mother about that ring. So, when she got
home I asked her if she brought it home to me. She said, "No, there was a big fight about it...so we
buried her with it." What????? I was so hurt and so upset...but I got over it eventually but it taught
me an early lesson about Family squabbles and stupidity when some one dies. I have seen it too many times...
whether it is money or things someone seems to get it all and everyone else gets Nothing.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2013 :  06:18:52 AM  Show Profile
Today, I'm on Chicken watch. I had to close my girls up for several days because I was losing one every two days to a fox, coyote, or hawk. They didn't like it but kept giving eggs. I have put them out today because I intend to stay around the house til lunch.... they may never go back into the coop !!! I wish them well but I'm down to 16 and one rooster. I can't stand to count at night and be minus one. It just kills me. Am I the only one that gets so attached???

Hugs and prayers,
Daizy
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com

Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  2:52:04 PM  Show Profile
I went to a snow globe class last night. This is a picture of I have made so far.

I glued a base on the inside of the canning lid to raise the platform to the level of the canning ring. I made a tree from various leggo parts. I carefully glued every piece on to make sure that nothing would become dislodged. I glued the tree on the base. I then carefully glued a triceratops under the tree. I had to make certain that everything would fit in the jar before I started gluing. I haven't put the water and glycerin in the jar because many in the workshop were having difficulty with the mix of glycerin and water. I will be doing experiments at home to determine the proper proportion.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Quiltsister413
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Mary Jo
Swanton OH
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2013 :  6:21:59 PM  Show Profile
I am working on a sample for our upcoming Quilt Bear Cafe Club. It is a table topper made with a charm pack. I just started quilting it, but here it is on my design wall two days ago.

Bear hugs,

Mary Jo - Farmgirl #5559
www.thequiltbear.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2013 :  08:08:19 AM  Show Profile
It's wonderful, beautiful colors!!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page