Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  11:21:51 AM  Show Profile
Maintenance night. Bought an adorable handmade calico sundress for my little girl at the thrift. Well made, and well loved--the tie in the back is frayed from probably being passed down from sister to sister and tied and tied again. But, it's only part of each tie, so Violet and I went to pick out special buttons last night at Joanns and I'm going to cut right where the fraying begins, and put the two ties together like a loose "belt", tack it and sew the buttons on for decoration.

Also going to get out and clean up my sewing machine to get some practice in before I chicken out on making a simple gathered skirt for my girl.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  1:32:28 PM  Show Profile
Know I have been MIA for a while. Been on vacation and doing a lot of sewing. Took a while to catch up with everything everyone is working on! What a talented bunch!!! Everything is beautiful.

Just found out that I am going to be a Grandma for the 1st time so I have been going crazy in the sewing room.

Here are a few of the items I've been making.

The road to success is not straight. There is a curb called Failure, a loop called Confusion; speed bumps called Friends; red lights called Enemies;caution lights called Family. You will have flats called jobs. But, if you have a spare called Determination; an engine called Perseverance; insurance called Faith, and a driver called Jesus, you will make it to a place called Success!!
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  1:34:39 PM  Show Profile
Here is another thing I made him

The road to success is not straight. There is a curb called Failure, a loop called Confusion; speed bumps called Friends; red lights called Enemies;caution lights called Family. You will have flats called jobs. But, if you have a spare called Determination; an engine called Perseverance; insurance called Faith, and a driver called Jesus, you will make it to a place called Success!!
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  1:38:06 PM  Show Profile
and another

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  1:39:21 PM  Show Profile
and another

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  1:40:55 PM  Show Profile
and another

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  1:42:34 PM  Show Profile
and another

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  1:43:58 PM  Show Profile
and another

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  1:46:00 PM  Show Profile
and another

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  1:47:26 PM  Show Profile
and another

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  1:48:37 PM  Show Profile
and another

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  1:51:10 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I'll stop there.... but I've also made him bibs and burpies and hats and socks. I know, I know.... it is very very clear I am a first time grandma. I'm sure the madness will stop sometime before he is 18 ;-)

Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  08:11:06 AM  Show Profile
Theresa, you have been busy. He is one blessed little fellow to have a grandma like you.

~Cathy~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  08:23:04 AM  Show Profile
Thank you. He is my first so I'm sure alot of spoiling will be required.

Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  2:04:07 PM  Show Profile
I've been working on getting rid of that last little bit of yarn that I make my dish cloths out of. Mary Jane has a pattern in her "Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook" book, that works perfectly.

Judy~Farmgirl Sister #599
I've lived in an urban area most my life, but now I'm living in a rural area up on a ridge in the Ocooch Mountains in Southwest Wisconsin, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  09:42:53 AM  Show Profile
Very nice! I like the idea of using up that last little bit of yarn. Will have to give it a go!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17017 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17017 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  7:04:30 PM  Show Profile
as some of you know, I volunteer 2 days a week at the 'Battered Women's Shelter Thrift Store & Food Bank'...
I have been trying to encourage the ladies and shoppers to think: "Re-use, re-cycle and re-purpose"...
I recently made an apron from the 'butt' of a pair of well worn jeans...added lace, yoyos and beads and it turned out cute,, so now it is hanging on the wall over the register.. then I took a nice wood frame w/a tacky picture, removed the picture and attached the frame to the wall, trimmed with jewelery and doillies and I put the words Recycle & Reuse directly on the wall inside the frame... then I crocheted a 'hot pad' from a pillowcase, added into the frame... I finished a tote bag from an other pair of jeans and am now working on a little 'clutch bag' from a woven wool skirt.
Here is a pic of the tote bag.... I'll post more next week..

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jun 12 2013 7:14:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  11:59:27 PM  Show Profile
I haven't been on here for ages...but my goodness Theresa you have been one very busy Grandma. This child
is going the best dressed, best covered and best shoed child around. LOL I know what it is like when you
have your first Grand child...madness drives you to insanity. Ha Ha! Really beautiful work. And I know you
are enjoying yourself immensely. YOU GO GRANDMA!!!

I just had my third grandchild and I have been buying him things like money was not a problem. But we Grandma's
are in the SPOILING BUSINESS aren't we? I'm sure that is our JOB Description.

Grace...love your Jean Bag. Very Cute!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly! Create what you dream of. Listen to your heart. Have Fun and Just Do It! P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  11:15:06 AM  Show Profile
Grace: Love your tote. Very very cute.

PeggyAnn: 3 grandchildren. How wonderful. Yes you are correct we are in the spoiling business and it is the ONLY Job Description!!!!! I am trying to move on to other sewing projects for a while. Just a short while. I really need to get some other sewing done.

I just finished a sofa cover and am thinking I have enough to make pillows for the sofa too. And while I was on vacation I picked up some really cute wall hanging quilts that I would love to start on. Not to mention the 5 other quilt tops that need to be sandwiched and quilted. Oh My!!

Here is a photo of the sofa cover:

I also just finished another romper but do not have a photo of it.

Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1500 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1500 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  12:09:55 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Working on another apron. The first one I made didn't fit me well. :)

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2013 :  12:19:55 PM  Show Profile
Alicia.....I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! Your family is beautiful...including your "new kid"!!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2013 :  12:29:10 PM  Show Profile
Goodness Theresa,you have been very busy,how exciting to have your first grandbaby on the way,congratulations to you and your family!
I've been feeling a little pekid,about nine weeks pregnant now and the air here is filled with smoke from the Black Forest Fire nearby so I've been staying indoors and sewing,I cut this long pinafore apron out a couple weeks ago but just now got around to sewing it today,it came out alright but my shoulders are a bit too stout for the strap placement so I'm going to put it for sale in my Etsy shop and make myself another one in a different rose print I have.
I love this pattern though,I've been wanting to make an apron like the "Sarah Plain and Tall" apron and this is the closest I've come to that so far!

"Today's Mighty Oak is just Yesterday's Nut"
Nostalgic Needleworks http://www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicNeedleworks https://www.facebook.com/NostalgicNeedleworks
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2568 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2568 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  02:30:17 AM  Show Profile
Kathryn i love the apron!, lots of great projects here. i've been wanting to sew, i have a pile of fabric, not sure what i want to make.

connie

http://www.naturemaiden.com/ - Soap & Candle
http://modern-day-laura.blogspot.com/ -Filled with everything I love!
http://www.thriftyfarmgirl.com/ - FOR SALE: Vintage Sewing Machines, Parts, Crafts and more.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17017 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17017 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2013 :  11:26:53 AM  Show Profile

I have been trying to encourage not only the customers that come into the Thrift (where I volunteer) but staff as well,,, to re-purpose stuff... so I made a few items and hung them on the wall...
Hope this gets them motivated...
The aprons are from cast off raggedy dress, the envelope clutch is from a wool skirt, the denim apron and tote bag- jeans... hot-pot pad I crocheted from a pillow case... I did a little embellishment, added a yoyo or two and Voila' instant re-newed items.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2013 :  05:38:29 AM  Show Profile
Grace- your work is beautiful and recycle and re purpose= a little bit on heaven on earth!! Thank you so much for sharing.

I love that apron- I'm making aprons right now for my daughters bridal shower- we aren't going to play games, but I am making each guest an apron to take home and remember the special day!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page