Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  1:49:21 PM  Show Profile
Kathryn, I would love an Irish Crochet pattern. Let's just start with an easy one. I crochet (left handed) so I am often on my own when I have problems. Thank you so much.
Kristina, I have never tried dying my own yarn. I did spinning and weaving long, long ago, but always used the natural colors. How did your colors turn out?
Charlotte, I bought my sewing machine to decorate my camnper, but my first project, (to begin , I hope tomorrow) is a patchwork prairie skirt. I found all the fabric over the weekend. Now to cut and sew. And learn my new machine!

"Follow your bliss"

Farmgirl sister #4616
Go to Top of Page

Annette Kath
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Annette
Carlock IL
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  8:29:20 PM  Show Profile
I fell down two of my outside steps Sat pm and have been making use of "healing" time by working on some quilting.

Annette
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  9:14:56 PM  Show Profile
Ouch!! I hope your healing goes very fast.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://www.artfire.com/users/PiNOKEEOs
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  06:47:12 AM  Show Profile
Annette, so sorry about your fall! Hope you are feeling better soon. On the upside, have fun relaxing, healing, and quilting!!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  10:02:24 AM  Show Profile
Annette, I know what that falling is all about. I am hoping that your healing is rapid. I'm still healing from black and blue spot on my right knee after falling while I was emptying the grass bag from my mower. It was really an ugly color for a while, but is getting better. Thankfully it wasn't painful. Since I am on a blood thinner, I worried about it for a while, but the doctor says it is healing quickly.

Take care and be careful.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13567 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13567 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  11:54:24 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Annette,
I'm so sorry about your fall . . . what a bummer! I know when I've fallen and have hurt myself it just takes the wind right out of my sails (or my lungs which was the case when cracking some ribs on a fall!)

Praying for healing and enjoyment of your quilting time!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Linengal
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

ERIKA
Lanexa VA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  4:20:12 PM  Show Profile
Yart, thank so much for the link to "Knitting up a Storm"! I am a novice knitter but feel I can handle the Dummy Clap shawl! I love the whole site...thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  10:39:47 AM  Show Profile
Annette, sorry to hear about your fall.

Jenne, I posted a few pictures on my "pioneer woman at heart" blog today. The rosehip turned out a very pale pink, but I will continue to mess around with other dyes. I typically only get the chance to dye yarn during the end of gardening. However, it's October, and I am still picking peppers, green beans and sugar snap peas (and canning organic applesauce).

Today I am writing for the most part. Later I'll work on my Aunt's knitted dishcloths.

2011 Farmgirl of the Year
July 2012 Farmgirl of the Month
Farmgirl #800
My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://roosterscrowfarm.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13567 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13567 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  5:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Aprons, aprons and more aprons for me this week. Two more Market Saturdays to go!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  5:51:56 PM  Show Profile
Kristina,
I looked at your Pioneer Woman at Heart blog. The colors, especially the pinks are so pretty, but pink, in all its shades are my favorites. I like the experimentation with wild plants for dying. Who knows what you may discover. I was also able to look at the recipes you made recently. Looks yummy! More interesting things for me to try. thanks for the inspiration.
Happy Trails,
Jenne

"Follow your bliss"

Farmgirl sister #4616
Go to Top of Page

Yart
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

MI
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  7:05:08 PM  Show Profile
Erika, no problem... You need to post pictures when your done... I would love to see how it turns out! :)

www.mythirtyone.com/224740
Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis
http://urban-eco.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annette Kath
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Annette
Carlock IL
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  8:45:25 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers ladies!! I am still limping around a bit; bruised up my right ankle, right side(hip) and have a sore upper right arm. Had fun trying to keep up with my 13 yr old daughter at the mall tonight. I did work last night but was ready to come home. I work in the retail gift shop at Cracker Barrel and am on my feet the whole time. Add to that a possible heel spur on my right foot too!

Just taking it one day at a time! Thanks again ladies!

Annette
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  12:37:12 PM  Show Profile
ok, I just finished up 2 more projects.(a million and one...more to complete, lol!)... just in time... as I now am 'enjoying' a cold that my sweet grandbabies shared with me... oh joy! pass the tissues plz!

I have a stash of recycled wool skirts & jackets that have been washed, seperated and are now ready for my winter projects...
I have grown fond of 'penny rugs' (wool felt crafts).. easy to work on while relaxing infront of the idiot box (T.V.)....
As for the lamp shade, it was just a fun project....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  12:55:37 PM  Show Profile
How do you treat the wool Grace. I have a stash of old wool clothes, fabrics, etc. and would like to felt them. Like I really need another project! lol

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  12:56:09 PM  Show Profile
Grace I love your penny rug,that is adorable!
I hope you recover soon from your cold,no fun at all.
I got the squirrel quilt top done,it turned out really cute,I will take a picture when I figure out how to get my Daughter's camera charged up.,my own camera is on the fritz.
Today I've been working on a silly black and pink polka-dot chicken pincushion and needle hen,I have the pincushion almost done and am waiting on my Husband to return with more fiberfill from the store,I like to stuff my hens until they're real fat :)
I'm only a couple weeks away from having this baby so haven't been doing much lately but sitting at the sewing machine either embroidering or quilting.
I hope all is well for all you gals and that you're enjoying some creative time this weekend!

"Today's Mighty Oak is just Yesterday's Nut"
Nostalgic Needleworks http://www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgicNeedleworks
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  1:17:38 PM  Show Profile
hey Sharon, it was great seeing you the other nite.,,, sorry I wasn't so sociable,,,I was coming down with this cold and felt a bit sluggish...

I hit the thrifts for wool skirts & jackets & coats ( I hit Value Village on Mondays for their 99cent specials),,, then I bring them home, cut them apart.... then throw small loads into the washer on a lite wash cycle using a small amount of laundry deterg.... then I toss them into the dryer...and then when barely damp, I pull them out & steam press the pieces. Some of the wool really flets up thick. I got lucky on my last outting,, I got 3 Pendleton wool skirts for $1.50 each...SCORE!
If I have a thinner wool that tends to frey, I use "No Frey" along the edge to keep it from raveling.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  1:34:39 PM  Show Profile
Thanx Grace ... I'm gonna give it a try. Yes, it was good to see all you "Sisters" the other night. What a great group of women!

www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  08:21:25 AM  Show Profile

My projects for the last week. :) The first is a Lightbulb Penguin. I found the idea on Pinterest and had to give it a go. He is the first of 5. I am matching everyone a penguin for the tree with their new Christmas Stockings. The boys stockings are the pic on the bottom. I am still working on DD's and mine yet. Lots of new Christmas ornaments and such to make this year.
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13567 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13567 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  6:42:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
The is NOT the way we normally set up our booth for Farmers Market and this NOT the way I normally display my aprons.

HOWEVER, this was how it was yesterday. When we woke up to go it was raining and it was COLD! Well aprons, papercrafts, knives and woodturnings just don't mix with rain so we didn't head off to market as usual.
It did stop raining and I had some aprons I needed to delivery so I told my hubby I would go, take just my aprons, one drying rack, my sign and a chair and see what happened. (Used a blanket on the hood of the car to lay them on as best I could) I was there about two hours and I actually sold some aprons and made my deliveries.
It was cold, COLD! I was wishing I'd had my earmuffs. There were some vendors who opted not to come at all, but those of us there were busy staying on the move and trying to keep warm. We got a bit silly from time to time which made it more fun and easier to tolerate.

Some of the vendors who were there packed it in early because of the cold. By about 10:30 . . . which is early . . . we started to get a breeze that actually made the temperature drop. Customers were leaving so it was an early packup time.

But this is pic shows how I did my display yesterday which is less than optimal. . . like I said NOT NORMAL! But I exercised my farmgirl apronista grit and did it!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  7:18:39 PM  Show Profile
Every one has so many projects how neat! That hat box is beautiful.
take care
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  06:36:32 AM  Show Profile
Spent part of my weekend blinging my daughter's iPhone skin. Should finish up today and will post pictures.

www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Yart
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

MI
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  08:59:36 AM  Show Profile
I finished the Dummy Clap Shawl... If you would like to see it I have it posted on my blog http://urban-eco.blogspot.com/2012/10/2-dropped-stitches.html

Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  10:24:30 AM  Show Profile
CJ.....your aprons look beautiful no matter how you display them.....car hood n all! :)

Yart, Your shawl is beautiful. Love the color! Just out of curiosity, why is it called a "dummy clap" shawl?

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Yart
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

MI
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  2:07:53 PM  Show Profile
Emily, Thank you for the compliment.... And I honestly have no idea why they call it that.

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  2:21:42 PM  Show Profile
Yart~ OMW!! That is just plain gorgeous! What beautiful talent!!
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page