Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  05:05:18 AM  Show Profile
Valerie, very nice work.
Lorie, great job on getting your badges embroidered. After all these years, I have not embroidered one of them yet.
Kathryn, LOVE those chickens! Too cute!

I'm working madly to get an afghan done for the next Farmer's Market. I'll post a photo when it's finished.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  05:48:37 AM  Show Profile
Lorie...your Farmgirl Badge looks really cute. Sooooo COLORFUL!

Kathryn...love your chickie pin cushions.

I am working on YoYo's for a Swap.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  08:21:15 AM  Show Profile
Haven't been working on much of anything this week. Just returned from White Water Rafting. Did buy a really awesome shawl pattern and am going to a fiber show tomorrow so I hope to get started on it this weekend.

Love the chickie pin cushions and the farmgirl badge is the bomb!!!!!

The road to success is not straight. There is a curb called Failure, a loop called Confusion; speed bumps called Friends; red lights called Enemies;caution lights called Family. You will have flats called jobs. But, if you have a spare called Determination; an engine called Perseverance; insurance called Faith, and a driver called Jesus, you will make it to a place called Success!! Or as my Grandpa use to say "There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it"

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  11:32:02 AM  Show Profile
I re-purposed a cabinet door that I bought at the 'Habitat-4-Humanity store...for $1.00
painted it, added forks for handles & cast off drawer knobs for feet...

now I am thinking I might change out the white knobs for the clear (crystle type) ones...to give it that added bling! So off to Hobby Lobby I go! lol!

oops! the framed mini quilt piece is not attached,,, but it was a Thrift find,,,I changed out the frame and like the red much better. as for the 'Genie' decanter,,, that's for a friends, 'Aladdin trailer' that she dubbed, "Jeannie" as in 'I Dream of Jeannie'..lol!
>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Aug 17 2012 11:35:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  12:10:32 PM  Show Profile
Grace, that is absolutely cute! What a neat idea! I love it, and may have to make a few myself. Thanks for sharing this!

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  12:18:50 PM  Show Profile
Working on learning counted cross stitch. Going to begin knitting some Christmas projects soon too!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  11:47:20 PM  Show Profile
Grace...that tray is soooooo c.u.t.e.!!! I like the idea of the crystal nobs for the
feet...it would give it that added "Bling!"...

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  10:17:15 AM  Show Profile
Thanx Diane & Peggy...
I think I may have to go back to the 'Habitat-4-Humanity' store & buy another one,, a tad bit larger...and turn it into a chaulk board...chaulk board paint the center and then paint the 'frame' in red....for my kitchen... or I can take it with me when I am Glamping in my trailer...and use it as a message board outside my trailer...
Oh the things we can create with money & paint! lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  10:31:56 AM  Show Profile
Grace,your tray is adorable!
I've been working on that cherry doily for my Mom,unfortunately today is her birthday and I am nowhere near having it done but I'm going to give her one of the chicken pincushions,a rose print terry towel apron and I made her some creampuffs so I think she came out alright.
This cherry doily has alot of bits and pieces but it's working up so cute,I think it's the happiest doily I have ever made,I only have a coule of the branches made so far but I have to show you gals.

"Today's Mighty Oak is just Yesterday's Nut"
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  11:30:51 AM  Show Profile
Grace, what a super idea!

A Friend is Someone who Reaches for your Hand, But Touches your Heart!
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  1:59:47 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I just love your ideas for those trays!

Kathryn, Your doily looks just stunning. Hope we can see a pic when its
finished. Lucky Mom!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  3:29:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh Sheri
That hat box is beautiful. really nice pattern and work.
wow.
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  4:00:31 PM  Show Profile
Kathryn, your doily is so cute!!! I love it! Do you sell your items at all? Your mom will love this!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  8:52:26 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Kathryn! That is gorgeous! What work you must have put into it!! I'd love to see a pic when it is all done too!
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  01:24:40 AM  Show Profile
Kathryn...I agree...your doily is a Happy, Cheery, and Bright Creation! I really like it.

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  06:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
LOVE, LOVE the cherry doily! (someday MAYBE I'll try to find the time to learn to crochet!)

I, too, love your tray Gracie. I'm fixing to do something to a couple of small desk drawers that will include spoons for handles . . .
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  4:31:13 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies for the compliments on the doily,I am enjoying making this one,I have been planning on making this one for awhile,it's in an old vintage needlework book I have but I always saw how many little cherries and leaves it required and set it aside but now I'm glad to be doing it,now I have about seven cherry clusters done so I'm getting closer.
Emily I'm thinking about opening up a little Etsy shop to sell my doilies,I just wasn't sure if there would be a demand for them,my Husband always teases me that I spend so much time making such a "useless" thing (I just roll my eyes,men just don't understand) so I wasn't sure if many people would want to buy them,I guess I won't know until I try so I'm going to give it a shot.
Ceejay how did your weekend market turn out? I love your aprons!

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  07:12:38 AM  Show Profile
Wow ladies, everyone's projects are wonderful. Love the tray idea, and the doily is darling. Not doing much in the way of sewing. Am working on another "girlie tool belt". Almost done with it and will post a photo when complete. Want to start a hat tomorrow with the sewing girls. Shall see.

My quilt is coming along. It is a very slow project when you quilt by hand. Will be glad when I can start the next one. (getting tired of looking at this one! hahaha)

Hope everyone has a great day!

The road to success is not straight. There is a curb called Failure, a loop called Confusion; speed bumps called Friends; red lights called Enemies;caution lights called Family. You will have flats called jobs. But, if you have a spare called Determination; an engine called Perseverance; insurance called Faith, and a driver called Jesus, you will make it to a place called Success!! Or as my Grandpa use to say "There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it"

Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  07:29:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kathryn ~ What I like about selling on etsy is that it only costs 20 cents to list an item. If it doesn't sell, you're not out much. Who knows what will sell??? Jump in and give it a try.

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  07:36:48 AM  Show Profile
Todays my sons birthday. I am working on a birthday cake for him.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  07:46:33 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Kathryn . . thanks for asking about market and for your compliments on my aprons!
Last Saturday was another GREAT sales day! They almost cleaned me out! What is the most fun is when I have ONE apron in a certain style and color combination that gets sold and then 2-3 other people come by wanting that one. They had seen it previously, walked by thinking they'd come back for it. It happens often . . . I take it as a compliment. Usually it will lead to an order! Sometimes the customer will find something else they like.
And then there are the times when more than one person is interested in the same apron and the 2nd person is watching and waiting for the 1st one to make a decision. Watch what happens when 1st person puts it back on the rack and 2nd person is watching closely!
I love a lively apron sales day!
I won't be at market the next two Saturdays which gives me a bit of a break, BUT I have a lot of sewing to do before the next market day!

Yesterday, finished making a tablecloth for a customer who collects my aprons too. And, today I make an apron for another vendor, finish some ATCs and more preparations for our next "tent glamping" adventure (with my daughter) over Labor Day weekend.
Thanks for sharing all your creativity everyone!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Aug 23 2012 07:48:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  11:11:54 AM  Show Profile
Kathryn,,, your doily is ab-sew-lutly beautiful! I wish I had your talent to crochet.

Isn't it amazing how we each have our 'talents'... I sometimes find myself overwhelmed at all the creativeness you ladies have and wish I could 'do it all'... but sadly I don't think there is enough years in my lifetime to master everything... lol! so I will just admire your work and dream of how fun it would be to create your lovely handi-work... in the mean time... I'll go play with my can of spray paint! lolol!
hugz to you all....

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  10:40:29 AM  Show Profile
After years of not sewing for my Chatty Cathy and others who needed duds on ebay, I got an order for two more outfits. Fun to sew for this sweet doll again!

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  11:13:46 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Sharon,
That is just adorable . . . beautiful doll!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  2:08:23 PM  Show Profile
Sharon your doll and dress are so cute,thank you for the encouraging words about opening an Etsy shop,I'm going to give that a shot soon,I have a few of the chicken pincushions sewed up so I think I'm going to list those and a few doilies and see what happens.
Grace,thank you for your compliments on my cherry doily,I've got about five more branch clusters to do and then I can get them all sewn on and done,it's turning out cute,I think I'm going to make another one of the same soon.
Ceejay,I'm so glad your market went well,I think your aprons and your set-up are so nice from the pictures I've seen and I can imagine the ladies hovering at your stand,I would be!
I took a little break from the doily to work with my Daughter Raven on assembling some nine patch blocks,she's starting her own quilt project,it's been off and on for her but I'm not pushing it,I just help her when she gets into the mood to sew,my dang machine keeps having troubles with the bobbin thread getting tangled,it's frustrating all the start and stop and I don't want it to discourage her from sewing,she's doing such a good job on these quilt blocks.
I'm now about thirty weeks along into this pregnancy,getting uncomfortably big and so it seems all I do is sit on my butt and sew or crochet with the occsional break to cook,do dishes or laundry,I think though that if I didn't have my crafts I would come unraveled very quickly!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page