farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  7:42:09 PM  Show Profile
Yes, longish hair (mid back). People ask my why I don't just cut it because its normally up in some configuration, or under a hat or a headscarf or whatever I throw on that day. Oh well! I don't plan on cutting it.

To echo what some have already said, I think older women with long hair look so beautiful. I don't know who it was that decided that at a certain age you need to have short hair.

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  8:26:51 PM  Show Profile
I used to have really long hair..I could sit on it. Then I cut it...about 30 years ago. Its pretty much been mid to lower back. A few months ago, I just got tired of it looking so lifeless, that I cut it. Hormones have been running amok and I was losing hair. I got it cut to my shoulders and it much nicer now and the curl is back. I had planned to have a really long hair wound up on my head as an old lady, but I dont think that will happen now!
Go to Top of Page

Laur
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Laurie
Boonville MO
32 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  5:08:50 PM  Show Profile
I have long hair just past my shoulders now, but it's only down long enough to dry 99% of the time. I just braid it, but since it's curly and not as thick as it was once upon a time, the tendrils all come loose, every which way. My youngest son told me the other day he's gotten used to my silver, brown,and touch of golden hair, kinda like a polish chicken:)!
Go to Top of Page

DebbieSue
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Debbie
TX
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  12:08:40 PM  Show Profile
WoW Lots of answerse to the long hair question! I have long hair too, it's to the middle of my back....I love long hair and decided after mine was cut short several years ago....never again! It is all natural....no dyes anymore...I welcomed the grey and it has turned out really nice. Someone said it this way.......You can be an old lady with short hair or with long hair....But you will still be an old lady! So I say do what you want!
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  6:05:20 PM  Show Profile
Mine is long and has been for about five years now. Despite my age, it is really thick. It's easy for me, and I never have bad hair days since I grew it long. It fits me, and my "farmgirl at heart" style. I love MaryJane's hair, it is stunning! I have had mine all different lengths, including short. Catherine, I giggled at your post...Chrystal Gayle was my childhood idol and I thought I would die of happiness when my parents took me to her concert at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo back in the day!!! That was a looooonnngg time ago...

KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  11:04:57 PM  Show Profile
Mine is to my belt when I dry it straight, otherwise it's curled and looks like down to my bra strap. Parents always made me wear short short hair when I was a kid, so I started growing it out in High School. Have cut it "shorter than I wanted it" a few times, always regret it and like a baby cry about the bad hair cut. I like it long! Better yet, so does DH.

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  05:00:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Mine is just past my waist, strawberry-blonde. I got lucky and inherited my dad's genes as far as not being very gray! I have one gray streak at my left temple but because of the color of my hair, it is not very noticeable. I am 51 and get compliments on my hair all the time. It is my vanity!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  08:12:51 AM  Show Profile
I grew out my hair for locks of love, and I loved having long hair. It was about 3/4 ways down my back. I keep it shorter now, but once I grow out my highlights, I'm going to grow it out again.

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Honeygram
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Francine
Union KY
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  08:41:07 AM  Show Profile
little past my shoulder. use to be drk brown now I'm a redhead. people say it makes me look 10 years younger. Husband loves it. I just needed a change. it's been fun not sure how long i'll keep it. don't like all the maintaince.

life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance
Go to Top of Page

AngieB
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Angie
Elizabethtown PA
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  12:18:06 PM  Show Profile
My hair is midway down my back. It has taken so long to get there, it grows so slow. I color it because its mostly gray. I'll be 37 next month, I just am NOT ready for gray yet! My husband loves it long and so do I. I think it is easier with long hair because you can do so much (or nothing) with it. I also think its pure bologney that older women shouldn't have long hair. If people have spiked or purple or partly shaved-part long whatever hair they do so because they like it. So it should be with long hair. And I know this isn't the "all natural" thing to say but, I have always told my girls "Hairspray is your friend, not your enemy!" :) What can I say, I went to beauty school my senior year! :) Sometimes I really miss doing the big hair thing!LOL!:)
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  7:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
Mine was long and got me a haircut for the year. By the end of this year, it will be back in the middle of my back again. It is long and natural curly. I keep it up while I work cuz I don't want it to get caught in school bus motors!! I am a school bus service tech for our school district and would hate to have my hair yanked off my head!

Love me like I am. farmgirl #801
Go to Top of Page

MariaAZ
True Blue Farmgirl

203 Posts

Phoenix AZ
203 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  8:56:58 PM  Show Profile
My hair is straight, mid-back length, about 50-75% grey with red and brown streaks (all natural too, don't know how THAT happened!) I wear it down most of the time because I really like it that way. I've been told once or twice that I should cut it or dye it (or both) but for most of my life I HATED my hair color. I am really enjoying the colors now, and the length really shows off the streaks so I have no intentions of cutting OR dying my hair :)
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

701 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
701 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  9:02:33 PM  Show Profile
Mine is just below my shoulders. I've been growing it out for about a year. I just reached my goal - being able to braid it and wear the braids over the top of my head, "Swiss-Miss" style. I won't ever go back to short hair again.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

Ms. Treadle
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Leigh-Ann
Northwest Mississippi
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  8:28:54 PM  Show Profile
Mine is down to the middle of my back. It's mostly dark brown with some other shades of brown and a little bit of red in there too. I usually have it back somehow, I don't like it in my face. Usually, my girls do something with it for me. My husband likes it long and I like being able to do something different every day.

Blessings,
Leigh-Ann

The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary. ~Mary Kurtz
Go to Top of Page

Leelee
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Wraylee
Diamond WA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  4:47:46 PM  Show Profile
Mine's half way down my back again, this being the third time I'll grow it out and donate it. My Mother is the same way. She just got about 14 inches cut off in December, yet her hair is still so long! We are blessed with just enough red in our hair, no grey, and it's thick as a broom!

Feeling down? Saddle up!
www.quiltcropandcabbage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KaleidoscopeEyes
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Stephanie
Amesbury MA
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  8:46:57 PM  Show Profile
I've always had long, straight, brown hair, until this past year. I started dreadlocks as a spiritual journey. My hair actually shrank! LOL. When I started them, my hair was mid-back and now they are about shoulder-length. I've had them for about 8 months now, and it's been an interesting experience. I promised myself to do a year with them, but it might go on longer.
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  10:27:32 AM  Show Profile
...getting mine cut off on Monday!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  6:08:12 PM  Show Profile
Longer than it's ever been...even than when I was in HS. Growing it out for locks of love with a cut in October to support our Relay for Life weekend. Finally it's longer than my husband's. I remember now why I seemed to be cutting it shorter and shorter. It's annoying. I wear it pulled back. Usually by 9:30am (these days) I'm tying it in a knot and putting my pencil through it to hold it. I try to have something cute but I always end up grabbing for the pencil or a big binder clip will work too. It's red....so I figured I should do at least one locks of love before I go white. (no women in my fam have turned grey...only white)...but then all the women in my family dyed theirs to keep it sort of reddish too. Not me. When the color goes...it's gone. I've earned it.
Go to Top of Page

VitalVogue
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Angie
Bloomington IN
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  12:58:05 PM  Show Profile
Count me in the ranks of long-haired farmgirls! Every few years I try a short cut (everything from long bobs to pixies), and I always feel really cute for a couple of days . . . but then I get BORED. More and more a pre-Raphaelite mane becomes a part of my identity. My favorite everyday do is that sort of upside-down pony tail -- pulled back, twisted, the twist angled up and held in place with a claw clippy, curls hanging down from the top of the twist.

If you are looking for more fun things to try with longer hair, look at torrinpaige's YouTube videos. She shows you how to do all sorts of cool things: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=torrinpaige#g/u

--Angie
Go to Top of Page

cajungrammie
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

tina
dry prong la.
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  3:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Send cajungrammie a Yahoo! Message
i too have long hair,mine is at my waist and wavy,and jet black.my hubby loves it.only my bangs are short.i keep it in a ponytail and my baseball cap on most days.i do wear it down for church.i have some gray,but i won't color it because i earned every gray hair on my head,lol.it is very thick and HOT in the summer months.i have had it short and love the look but the look don't love me.it makes me look old.i think older ladies with long hair look great.i too will be the little old lady with her hair in a bun,lol.

Sometimes I think I know Everything!!Then I wake Up!!
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  3:20:50 PM  Show Profile
Once again, I think I'm gonna be the different one. I had long hair (past my shoulders) in my 20's. When I was 31 I cut it pixie style. I'm now 39 and it's still pretty stinking short. It now looks a little like Kris Kardashian's hair. I love short hair (on me) and the funkier, the better. I just got royal purple extentions for my bang area. I rock it P!NK style, only with wranglers and boots...oh, and an apron....

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
~If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!~
Go to Top of Page

beadbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Therese
Valencia California
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  9:50:29 PM  Show Profile
Dawn, I love it, haven't seen it, but I can imagine it! You go girl!!
I used to have long hair, (for me) mid back. Kept it braided. My daughter would hang on to it for dear life when she was first introduced to the swimming pool, and I mean, "hang on". Got it cut, haven't looked back. Would really like to wear it super short, but it just doesn't look that good on me. Oh, and my hair is real thin, so when I grow it out, it's nothing to brag about. :(

If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud. ~Emile Zola
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  08:06:58 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, your hair sounds really cool! There's nothing with being a little different though.
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

phonelady
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

Carla
Loveland Colorado
323 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  07:23:39 AM  Show Profile
I always wanted to put an aqua blue streak in the front of my red hair when I was a Water Treatment sales teck.
Since we had to dress a certain way though I figured they'd boot me out of work.
I had long hair at one time but recently it all ended up on the floor at the trimmers. I've gotten older and just can not seem to control it [curly to the point of afro].
Smiles!
Carla

"You shot it Tarzan-
You eat it."
Dave Ramsey
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  08:28:35 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I had long hair (mid back). Especially when I did Civil War re-enactments. But with Thyroid, my hair is very fine, thin, dark blonde with gray. I chopped it to chin length. My hubby (who didn't care for ladies with short hair) told me I looked fantastic and ten years younger. So I keep it chin length and ruffed up. Very easy to deal with. I got tired of ponytails.

My daughter's hair was to her butt. She decided she wanted it cut. She was four. She gave it to locks of love. She is letting it grow out again. I don't know what she is going to do. It is up to her. She wears bangs.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Do You Have Long Hair? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page