MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2015 :  4:25:23 PM  Show Profile
Abigail Beauchene & Tabitha Korab (Young Cultivators of Jackie Beauchene #6270) have received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Green Thumb Kids Merit Badge!

“The girls tasted fresh apricots, kiwi, lime, mango and beets. They were honest in their assessment which made me happy.

They ended up learning what each fruit or veggie looked like and tasted like. Even about the centers. Mango and apricot have pits. They learned that they are not native to our area. I feel very good about this teaching for them.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2015 :  5:31:17 PM  Show Profile
Addison Gomez: Young Cultivator of Heidi Bragg #6211 has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner, Intermediate & Expert Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“Addison and I baked a cake from scratch, made a whipped topping and garnished with strawberries.

The cake was DELICIOUS!! We each enjoyed a piece and then handed the rest of the cake out to my neighbors and co-workers.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  4:34:47 PM  Show Profile
Abigail Beauchene & Tabitha Korab (Young Cultivators of Jackie Beauchene #6270) have received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner, Intermediate & Expert Level Rethink Your Space Merit Badge!

“Using the 3 box system, the girls cleaned their rooms and kept them clean for two weeks.

The girls reported that they recycled by both using the to make something else, or by donating it to goodwill.

We discussed how they felt going in to a clean bedroom and they said they felt free to do what they wanted without having the old mess in mind. Also they felt good about themselves.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  4:36:19 PM  Show Profile
Abigail Beauchene & Tabitha Korab (Young Cultivators of Jackie Beauchene #6270) have received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner, Intermediate & Expert Level Bloom Where You're Planted Merit Badge!

“The girls collected five plants and we dried them for a couple of weeks in a plant press. They then glued the plants to the front of a card that they can give to someone on a special occasion. They wrote the names and a description of the plants. They shared the information with family members and found the info. quite useful. They were able to read the scientific names and also the medicinal uses for each. We transplanted an elderberry bush that needed help as it was laying down, into the front yard so that the birds and insects could enjoy it.

They did such a great job and learned some very valuable skills.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  4:37:34 PM  Show Profile
Abigail Beauchene & Tabitha Korab (Young Cultivators of Jackie Beauchene #6270) have received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate & Expert Level Green Thumb Kids Merit Badge!

“The girls tried apricot, kiwi, lime, mango, and beet. They also planted their own strawberry plants in their yards to take care of organically, as they were given instruction on how to do so. We visited a local Farmer's Market and had a wonderful time. When asked what we were doing today, we were pleased to announce that we were in the middle of a young cultivators group.

They found out that these certain fruits that they were not able to try before, they either liked or did not like. It was eye opening to see that some of them they could not name. Also to find out what the word organic meant and how to conduct such a task was a new thing for them for which I am excited about. We just loved the Farmer's Market and they were able to see locally grown foods as compared to what they had eaten. They tried some of the food and were very pleased with the taste.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  4:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Abigail Beauchene & Tabitha Korab (Young Cultivators of Jackie Beauchene #6270) have received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner, Intermediate & Expert Level Toys Merit Badge!

“The girls talked to parents, grandparents, brothers and uncle about toys they used to play with and were told how they have changed over time through this. They made finger puppets while discussing with me how times have changed and the positive and negative about it. They then put on a show with the finger puppets.

They really enjoyed themselves. I am hoping that they think about this in the future next time they are enjoying their toys.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  3:12:28 PM  Show Profile
Jacob Thompson (Young Cultivators of Justine Thompson #2904) have received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I collected buttons from my mom and grandma. I have almost 50 buttons.

I sewed three buttons onto a piece of material after my mom showed me how to do it. The first two were easy but the last one was hard. I got it figured out though. It turned out great!

I made my mom a pretty button bracelet. It was fun and my friend Al is showing it off in the picture.”

Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  4:13:38 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Jacob! Learning to sew buttons is a skill you can use your whole life long

Kristi
Farmgirl Sister #6

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  3:08:57 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level It's in the Bag Merit Badge!

“Sydney was in charge of making sure we had bags when we went shopping for a while. She reminded us to get bags more than three times. Sometimes she even reminded her dad when he was going shopping alone.

It is very helpful for multiple people to help remember the reusable bags when going shopping!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  3:14:15 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Let's go to Town Merit Badge!

“Sydney got a library card from our local library and she found where they keep the schedules of community activities at the library and the post office.

Sydney can now be in charge of grabbing the calendars of community activities so we know what is going on.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  3:17:45 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Families Forever Merit Badge!

“In our family we started having story time. During this time we took turns reading Little House In The Big Woods. Sometimes I read and sometimes Sydney read. We now read together on a regular basis.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  3:21:08 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Table Talk Merit Badge!

“Sydney has taken over setting the table. She actually sets it every evening for us.

It is nice to have someone in charge of setting the table, getting napkins and drinks because before we would always forget them and have to get up several times for those items we forgot.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  3:22:46 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Table Talk Merit Badge!

“Sydney helps with the dishes on a regular basis. She helped several times a week for at least a month. We worked together for her to learn the standards we expect and how to load the dishwasher.

It was a nice time chatting with Sydney and teaching her to care for the dishes. Now she is able to wash them on her own which is a huge help around the house.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  3:26:40 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level All Dried Up Merit Badge!

“Sydney tried fresh herbs that we got from the store. She tried them along side of the dried herbs in order to compare the taste.

Some herbs she liked better fresh, some she liked better dry. We discussed how the flavor might be different in a dish.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  3:28:56 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Make it Fruity Merit Badge!

“We went strawberry picking at a local Upick farm in June.

Sydney really enjoys picking strawberries and eating as she goes. Then using the strawberries in strawberry shortcake!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  3:54:00 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Do Your Eyes Light Up? Merit Badge!

“We discussed all of the tools, their names and what they are used for, the difference between screws and nails and different types of saws. Sydney tried out several of the tools and made a bird feeder.

Sydney was able to use her knowledge to make a bird feeder.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  3:58:33 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“Sydney learned to properly sew a button onto a scrap of fabric, we practiced buttons with two holes and buttons with four holes. She also practiced sewing them on with an x and sewing them on with straight lines.

Sydney now knows how to sew on buttons!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  4:01:11 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level Weaving In and Out Merit Badge!

“Sydney wore her friendship bracelet for 1 week and told people what it stood for. Since this project Sydney has made more friendship bracelets to give away.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  4:03:38 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Toys Merit Badge!

“Sydney made both paper dolls and finger puppets (well, they were on popsicle sticks). She included bushes and trees for her scenes. Sydney loves making paper dolls and puppets.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  4:05:19 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Scheerer (Young Cultivator of Sabrina Scheerer #3275) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level Toys Merit Badge!

“Sydney put on a puppet show with the help of her siblings. She directed and had them practice their lines then they performed it for their dad and I. They kids love doing puppet shows.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  12:27:38 PM  Show Profile
Jacob Thompson (Young Cultivators of Justine Thompson #2904) have received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Put Me In, Coach Merit Badge!

“I am on a bowling team. It is a lot of fun. This is my third year bowling.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  12:52:59 PM  Show Profile
Emma Grace Callahan (Young Cultivators of Marti Wynne #5654) have received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Horsing Around Merit Badge!

“They drove around with their Mimi (Sister 5654) looking at different horses and snapping pictures.

This was great fun! It was very exciting spotting the horses and pulling over to see them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  12:58:33 PM  Show Profile
Hendrix Callahan (Young Cultivators of Marti Wynne #5654) have received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Horsing Around Merit Badge!

“He drove around town with his sister and Mimi (Sister 5654) looking for horses and stopping on the side of the road to watch them and take pictures.

We had lots of fun, yelling out when he saw a horse!!! He picked out his favorites and had fun taking pics.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2016 :  3:42:14 PM  Show Profile
Alice Burnette (Young Cultivators of Stephanie Burnette #6849) ha received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Table Talk Merit Badge!

“Alice has helped set the table and serve the food almost (sometimes we eat out) nightly for the past month. She is also very helpful in the kitchen.

Alice has learned to help out and it gives her a sense of pride to be a helper.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  3:48:02 PM  Show Profile
Lauryn Ann Hoffman (Young Cultivators of Betty Hoffman #5589) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I learned how to sew on a four hole button and a two hole button. I made a hanging pillow with a hanging loop.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Young Cultivator Awardees - Awesome!:  Young Cultivator Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page