MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  5:35:48 PM  Show Profile
Lila DiGiuseppe (Young Cultivator of Joanne DiGiuseppe #5092) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner, Intermediate, & Expert Level Make it Fruity Merit Badge!

“Beginner - I went to Rainbow Berry Farms and there were rows and rows of berries. I picked Saskatoon berries and raspberries.

Intermediate:- I looked up on the internet how to sun dry berries but it was too cold here so I used a dehydrator to dehydrate my Saskatoon berries.I stored them in a tight ziplock bag in my cool pantry.

Expert:I used the fresh raspberries, banana and strawberries to make fruit leather. I sorted and cleaned the berries and then whizzed them in the blender. I put it on a tray with parchment paper, baked it on 170C in the oven for 12 hours and it was done. It was good.

The dried berries turned out very nice and I look forward to using them in the winter. The fruit leather was a bit too crispy on the edges but the middle was good.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  5:39:55 PM  Show Profile
Hannah DiGiuseppe (Young Cultivator of Joanne DiGiuseppe #5092) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner, Intermediate, & Expert Level Make it Fruity Merit Badge!

“Beginner:- I picked Saskatoon berries and raspberries and Rainbow berry farms.

Intermediate: - I dried Saskatoon berries with a food dehydrator after looking up how to sun dry berries. I realized it was too cold to sun dry the berries.

Expert: - To make fruit leather: I made fruit leather by combining raspberries, bananas and strawberries in a blender. Then I poured it onto a baking pan on parchment paper. I put it in the oven at 170F for 12 hours.

Dried berries: - The dried berries got a lot smaller when they were dried. I look forward to using them in the winter.

Fruit leather: - The edges were a bit crispier but the middle was just fine. I stored it in a ziplock back in the pantry (the berries too).”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2013 :  3:46:16 PM  Show Profile
Chevelle Marsden (Young Cultivator of Christina Marsden #4411) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Do Your Eyes Light Up? Merit Badge!

“I learned how to use the tools for the garden this year with my mommy. I liked using the hoe, but it was a lot of work. I helped plant the pumpkins. It was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  4:06:14 PM  Show Profile
Iva Welbourne (Young Cultivator of Dorothy Welbourne #5526) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Put Me In, Coach! Merit Badge!

“I signed up for basketball. I practice every day. I have played 8 games so far this season and I really enjoy it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  4:10:45 PM  Show Profile
Iva Welbourne (Young Cultivator of Dorothy Welbourne #5526) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Intermediate Level Put Me In, Coach! Merit Badge!

“I went to an eighth grade basketball game with my mom. We decided that in eighth grade basketball the girls must practice a lot more to improve shooting skills and offence.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  4:16:05 PM  Show Profile
Iva Welbourne (Young Cultivator of Dorothy Welbourne #5526) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level It's In the Bag Merit Badge!

“I collected 3 different reusable bags from grocery stores and other companies. I save plastic bags from polluting landfills.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2013 :  3:59:04 PM  Show Profile
Julia Branen (Young Cultivator of of Rebekka Boysen Taylor #40) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner & Intermediate Level Little Scrappers Merit Badge!

“I took pictures on a ski vacation during Christmas Vacation. I made three pages and helped my sister create one. I shared my scrapbooking with my parents.

It was great!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2013 :  4:14:57 PM  Show Profile
Isabella Taylor (Young Cultivator of of Rebekka Boysen Taylor #40) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner & Intermediate Level Little Scrappers Merit Badge!

“I took pictures of our trip to Lost Lake. I made my pages and helped my friends with ideas like how to put the photos on and use envelopes for little notes. I shared the book with my family.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2013 :  4:19:40 PM  Show Profile
Addison Branen (Young Cultivator of of Rebekka Boysen Taylor #40) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner & Intermediate Level Little Scrappers Merit Badge!

“I had pictures of our trip to Arizona, my cousin Josie and a ski trip. I made my pages and my sister helped me. I will share my scrapbook with my Mom and Grandma.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  2:09:57 PM  Show Profile
Savannah Hoffman (Young Cultivator of Betty Hoffman #5589) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“My aunt sent me 25 buttons from Colorado when she found out what I was doing. I decorated a button jar. Me and my grandma went through her button jar and talked about who they belonged to. There was a little rocking ones that went on my dad's overalls and hearts that went on my aunts.

I have old buttons, glittery ones, couch pillow buttons, metal buttons and flower buttons. They were all pretty.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  8:08:35 PM  Show Profile
Imogen Riebow (Young Cultivator of Corri Riebow #5663) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I looked all over my house and in my great grandma's sewing box and collected buttons. I found 39 buttons. Most were my great grandma's and one was even from my great, great grandma! I am making an apron and want to sew some of my buttons on it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2014 :  3:21:32 PM  Show Profile
Lauryn Ann Hoffman (Young Cultivator of Betty Hoffman #5589) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“My great great grandma had a cigar box full of them. My Gigi gave me some buttons. My sister gave me a little of them. I have 25 buttons collected. I made a button jar my Gigi gave it to me.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2014 :  4:55:03 PM  Show Profile
Edmund Orr (Young Cultivator of Stephanie Orr #1545) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Let's Go to Town Merit Badge!

“I asked the librarian to get a library card. There is a calendar that has the events listed on it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2014 :  4:57:08 PM  Show Profile
Edmund Orr (Young Cultivator of Stephanie Orr #1545) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I got 59 buttons. Some were for Christmas and some I took off old shirts. It was sort of fast collecting all the buttons.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2014 :  5:01:04 PM  Show Profile
Vivian Orr (Young Cultivator of Stephanie Orr #1545) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Let's Go to Town Merit Badge!

“I got my library card. I also got my picture taken by the library board. The picture turned out good and I have been using my card for a while so that means it turned out well.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2014 :  5:02:22 PM  Show Profile
Vivian Orr (Young Cultivator of Stephanie Orr #1545) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge.

“I started a button collection using old buttons from shirts and Christmas. It was a sort of fast progress.

Every time I got more buttons I counted.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:35:16 PM  Show Profile
Imogen Riebow (Young Cultivator of Corri Riebow #5663)has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Gone to the Birds Merit Badge.

“I watched the birds in our yard and woods and wrote them down in a book.

My mom gave me a journal so I could write down the different birds in our yard. It's winter so we see the same birds every day and I have been writing down the different kinds in my journal. We've seen Northern Cardinals, Blue Jays, Mourning Doves, Chickadees, Nuthatches, woodpeckers, sparrows and finches. We also saw some crows.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:36:43 PM  Show Profile
Imogen Riebow (Young Cultivator of Corri Riebow #5663)has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Gone to the Birds Merit Badge.

“I kept track of the birds in my yard and woods and wrote them down in my journal. I already know the names of a lot of birds, but I have a guide to birds of Michigan to help me figure out ones I don't know (like Dark-eyed Juncos). The Chickadees are my favorite. It seems like the birds are most active in the morning and later in the afternoon. I am excited for spring to come so I can watch for other types of birds to come back from the south.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  6:39:42 PM  Show Profile
Imogen Riebow (Young Cultivator of Corri Riebow #5663)has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Toys Merit Badge.

“I talked to my mom about what kind of toys she had when she was a kid. Some are the same and some are different.

She had Barbies and My Little Ponies like I do. She also had a lot of stuffed animals (I have some that were her's). She also had puzzles, doll babies and toy cars. But I have some toys that are different from her's, like FurReal friends that run on batteries and act like real animals. It doesn't seem like our toys were a lot different.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2014 :  3:01:20 PM  Show Profile
Alaina Mack (Young Cultivator of Melissa Mack #5842)has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level All Tied Up Merit Badge.

“For the apron that I had made my Grandma took me out to get the stuff that I needed, which were markers, the apron, and some yarn. I had decided to make a big tulip right in the middle of it and I wrote, "Hope is Magic" right at the top and at the bottom I wrote, "Best baker ever". My apron is for making meals for my family and for baking on holidays. I did this because I love to bake. This apron took me about 4 weeks to finish it. My life is baking and living on a farm.

It turned out great! The apron that I made is exactly how I thought it was going to.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  4:01:13 PM  Show Profile
Briana Marie Bloomfield (Young Cultivator of Monica Leigh Hancock #5851) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Trash Talk Merit Badge.

“I knew we had a recycling facility for things like cans and glass, but I found out we also have a facility for plastics on the other side of Sealy. Recently, the town introduced the addition of single stream recycling. The trash service distributed the 96-gallon cart, at no cost to city customers. Each bin has a pamphlet attached that outlines the program, collection schedule and items that can and cannot be placed in the bin.

Recyclable items include magazines, catalogs, newspapers, envelopes, sticky notes, file folders, cereal boxes, cookie boxes, food boxes, shipping boxes, shoe boxes, soda cans, water bottles, food containers, yogurt containers, soup or tuna cans and glass bottles. Items that cannot be placed in the recycle bin are food, garbage, containers with food still in them, plastic bags, Styrofoam, light bulbs, batteries, aerosol cans, coat hangers, clothing, CDs and DVDs, pet food bags, pet waste, motor oil bottles and garden hoses. Residents are asked that recyclables are clean, loose and not in bags. See the pic of the new trash bins that they got.

This is an awesome way for residents in town to start recycling. We don't live in city limits, but we do take advantage of the recycling facilities. I can't wait to recycle some old tubs for my family to use to separate things out for easier recycling.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  4:06:08 PM  Show Profile
Briana Marie Bloomfield (Young Cultivator of Monica Leigh Hancock #5851) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level It's in the Bag Merit Badge.

“I collected 4 reuseable shopping bags to use on my own. Mom already has hers. Mom even taught me how to clean them properly.

I took mine with us Sunday when we went shopping and used them to carry groceries home. I felt really good that I didn't have to ask for plastic bags.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2014 :  4:41:31 PM  Show Profile
Ellia Dove White (Young Cultivator of Jill White #5780) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Let's Go to Town Merit Badge.

“I got my own library card. I asked to find out if they do things for kids to do, like building days. They said I could check out books there [in Hayden] and return them to Post Falls. I didn't know I could go to both places.

I like having my new card. The library I go to in Post Falls has building days, and is going to show the movie "Frozen" over spring break.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2014 :  5:23:24 PM  Show Profile
Savannah Hoffman (Young Cultivator of Betty Hoffman #5589) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level All Dried Up Merit Badge!

“We went through all the dried herbs in my grandma's cabinets. There were some I liked and some I disliked. The herbs that came out of my daddy's garden are way better than the ones in those jars.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2014 :  5:24:37 PM  Show Profile
Savannah Hoffman (Young Cultivator of Betty Hoffman #5589) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level All Dried Up Merit Badge!

“We cut some fresh herbs out of our garden to try. When we cut some of the herbs out of our garden, I was right the ones out of the garden were way better than the dried ones.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Young Cultivator Awardees - Awesome!:  Young Cultivator Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page