MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  3:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Lilyana Sotelo, (Young Cultivator of Jessica Sotelo #4230) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner, intermediate and expert level Toys badge.

"Lilyana started off writing down questions to ask her parents about toys when they were young. After asking those questions, she went on to make some finger puppets. Finally, she put on a show for her dad, her stepmom, and 2 brothers using the finger puppets she made.

She did a good job. The story line for her puppet show wasn't quite complete, so there was some trouble there, but overall, she did good."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  12:14:07 PM  Show Profile
Rheanna Coffman, (Young Cultivator of Angela Coffman #3445) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Let's Go To Town badge.

"Rheanna went to the library and got her library card and has used it already. They have looked at the schedule for the library for her age online.

It turned out great. She loves her new library card and wants to go to the library all the time."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  12:14:54 PM  Show Profile
Camille Coffman, (Young Cultivator of Angela Coffman #3445) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Let's Go To Town badge.

"Camille went to the library and got her library card and has looked at the schedule for her age group online.

It turned out great. Camille loves going to the library and getting her own card was like giving her freedom."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  11:54:50 AM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horsing Around badge.

"I earned my merit badge by taking pictures of horses near Apple Hill.

It turned out to be more fun than I thought it would. I thought it would be boring because it's just taking pictures of horses and it turned out to be fun, like I said."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  11:55:48 AM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an intermediate level Horsing Around badge.

"I earned my merit badge by reading books. My favorite book was about miniature horses.

It turned out fun and was interesting reading about miniature horses. They are as big as a large dog and toddlers can ride on them."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  11:56:33 AM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an expert level Horsing Around badge.

"I went to a camp, it was El Rancho De Paz and I got to ride horses. They taught us how to put the saddles on and how to brush them.

It turned out exciting, fun, and it was the best week of my life. It was awesome. I want to go every year."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  2:47:03 PM  Show Profile
Kierra Shandor, (Young Cultivator of Lena Shandor #1912) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level All Buttoned Up badge.

"I saved buttons from old clothes. Dad gave me some buttons from his sewing kit. Mom gave me some buttons she had.

I have 71 buttons in my button jar."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  2:47:52 PM  Show Profile
Kierra Shandor, (Young Cultivator of Lena Shandor #1912) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level It's Not Easy Being Green badge.

"We already compost our kitchen scraps and recycle our plastic so I thought we could turn off all of the lights we are not using and also turn off the water when brush our teeth.

Everyone agrees. :)"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  2:48:48 PM  Show Profile
Kierra Shandor, (Young Cultivator of Lena Shandor #1912) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Weaving In and Out badge.

"I braided a friendship bracelet out of of multicolored cotton yarn.

It turned out good. The braid was lose on the beginning of the bracelet so I tried again."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  2:49:25 PM  Show Profile
Kierra Shandor, (Young Cultivator of Lena Shandor #1912) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Weaving In and Out badge.

"I made several friendship bracelets and gave one to my sister, mom and I'm saving some for my friends.

Me, mom and my sister are all wearing our friendship bracelets. :)"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  3:06:49 PM  Show Profile
Michaela Shandor, (Young Cultivator of Lena Shandor #1912) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Weaving In and Out badge.

"With Mom's help, I braided a friendship bracelet. Mom tied it on my wrist.

I like it."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  3:07:28 PM  Show Profile
Michaela Shandor, (Young Cultivator of Lena Shandor #1912) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Weaving In and Out badge.

"My sister and I made several friendship bracelets and we plan on making even more.

We have friendship bracelets all over the place."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  09:56:48 AM  Show Profile
Joy Lorene Ediger, (Young Cultivator of Shannon L. Ediger #4336) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Table Talk badge.

"I worked with my older sister, Ella, to help set the table for our family of seven every night.

It turned out okay. I needed help reaching some of the dishes in the cupboard but we worked together to get the kitchen stool and finish the table."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  09:57:38 AM  Show Profile
Ella Grace Ediger, (Young Cultivator of Shannon L. Ediger #4336) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Table Talk badge.

"I helped my younger sister Joy set the table every night for our family of seven.

We sometimes forgot a couple of things like butter or napkins but we got better at remembering everything. "
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  09:59:03 AM  Show Profile
Avery Bate, (Young Cultivator of Angie Bate #4633) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner, intermediate and expert level Icing on the Cake badge.

"Hi I'm Avery, I am applying for all three badges at once. First I drew out my layout, then I drew how I wanted it to look on the icing. Then I baked the cake. It's a red velvet cake with a simple cream cheese icing with fondant on top.

I think it turned out awesome and tastes great, it's really moist too."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  10:15:07 AM  Show Profile
Annika Choate, (Young Cultivator of April Choate #658) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horsing Around badge.

"We drive around the country roads all the time and see horses everywhere. We don't usually stop to take photos, but we talk about them and draw them at home.

It makes me feel really happy to see all the horses. "
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  10:15:57 AM  Show Profile
Annika Choate, (Young Cultivator of April Choate #658) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Make It Fruity badge.

"We went raspberry picking at our neighbor's farm. It's also a CSA.

It was very fun and kinda hard to find the good raspberries. We saw a huge spider!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  10:16:40 AM  Show Profile
Annika Choate, (Young Cultivator of April Choate #658) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Make It Fruity badge.

"We made dried bananas for the county fair.

It was fun. When I was cutting them, it was very sticky. It was fun seeing them from start to finish. We store them in a jar that goes in the pantry. I got a blue ribbon at the fair on my banana chips. I think I did very well."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  10:17:27 AM  Show Profile
Annika Choate, (Young Cultivator of April Choate #658) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Table Talk badge.

"One of my assigned chores is to set the table.

I like setting the table and making it all pretty for family dinners. Putting a pretty center piece on the table makes me feel good."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  10:18:02 AM  Show Profile
Annika Choate, (Young Cultivator of April Choate #658) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Table Talk badge.

"Our chore every night after supper is to clean the kitchen and all the dishes together with my brother and sister.

I like doing the dishes sometimes when there's not a lot of dishes. It's fun doing the dishes when my brother and sister are doing them with me."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  10:18:59 AM  Show Profile
Annika Choate, (Young Cultivator of April Choate #658) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Community Service badge.

"Last summer our family visited our Great Grandma in the nursing home everyday for a month before she died. We also spent time visiting with other residents there.

It was good to see my Great Grandma, but it was sad at the same time to see her there because I was use to seeing her at her farm. One of the residents gave us candy every time he saw us. He was nice. There was a cat that was very fat there."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  10:19:53 AM  Show Profile
Annika Choate, (Young Cultivator of April Choate #658) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level It's In the Bag badge.

"Received some from Grandma and got some more at the State Fair.

I now have my own reusable bags!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  10:40:12 AM  Show Profile
Ariel Choate, (Young Cultivator of April Choate #658) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Horsing Around badge.

"We love looking at horses in the country. We now have neighbors who have 4 horses, so we see horses all the time.

Horses are hard to draw. It takes me a while to figure out the proportioning of their bodies and working on their legs. I love looking at horses, they are very pretty, graceful and strong."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  10:41:05 AM  Show Profile
Ariel Choate, (Young Cultivator of April Choate #658) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Make It Fruity badge.

"We went to our neighbor's csa/farm and picked raspberries.

I had a lot of fun picking raspberries. We picked a whole bunch of raspberries, but most of them didn't make it into my bucket, they landed in my mouth. When I was picking raspberries, I leaned over one bush and I saw this big black and yellow spider. It freaked me out at first and then I saw that it was really pretty!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  10:41:38 AM  Show Profile
Ariel Choate, (Young Cultivator of April Choate #658) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Make It Fruity badge.

"For our 4-H project, we dried bananas to take to the fair.

It turned out great! We had a bunch of dried bananas to eat. They were very yummy. We store them in glass jars in the pantry. I got a blue ribbon at the county fair."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Young Cultivator Awardees - Awesome!:  Young Cultivator Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page