MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  12:42:14 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Gossoo, (Young Cultivator of Tracy Gossoo, #3577) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Families Forever badge.

"I made a gluten free snack, and I set up our living room table nice, then we played Apples to Apples and Uno. And I also made little invitation cards.

The snack was very good, and everyone had a very good time."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  2:07:26 PM  Show Profile
Emily Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Energize Me badge.

"I found out how a car, tv ,dishwasher, wood burner fridge and my body work.

I made a long list of ways they work like my body, it runs on water and yummy homemade foods."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  1:14:59 PM  Show Profile
Hope Haley, (Young Cultivator of Cathy White, #3318) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner, intermediate and expert level All Buttoned Up badge.

"I collected over 50 cute buttons. Now I am always looking for more when I go places. I sewed a cherry button on top of a cupcake I sewed on a bag. I made a button bracelet with yellow and orange buttons.

I like them very much."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  11:37:25 AM  Show Profile
Christine Holmes, (Young Cultivator of Julie Jacobs, #646) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Green Thumb Kids badge.

"I earned my merit badge by trying tomatoes. I do not like tomatoes, because they are too juicy and have lots of seeds. My favorite is peppers, but especially red, orange and yellow. I like them best because they are not juicy and do not have seeds.

It turned out good, because I found a new vegetable that I like!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  11:42:36 AM  Show Profile
Christine Holmes, (Young Cultivator of Julie Jacobs, #646) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Do Your Eyes Light Up? badge.

"We learned about shovels and rakes. I learend how to use them with my Sister when we planted seeds in our garden. I used the shovel to dig the row for the seeds and used the rake to cover them with dirt.

The garden didn't turn out to good this year. The rain washed it out two times."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  4:17:25 PM  Show Profile
Laura Marquardt, (Young Cultivator of Amy Marquardt, #3706) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level All Buttoned Up badge.

"I picked out 25 buttons and I put them in a small jar.

It turned out great because all the different colors and designs looked great together."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  12:06:20 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger, #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Energize Me badge.

"I listed all the stuff that needed energy like a fridge, a computer and a tv.

It turned out thrilling."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  12:14:37 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger, #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Thank You! badge.

"I earned my badge by writing for 2 weeks. I had to write what I was thankful for.

I liked 'Thank You!'."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  12:26:39 PM  Show Profile
Laura Marquardt, (Young Cultivator of Amy Marquardt, #3706) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Weaving In and Out badge.

"First my mom helped me by getting the string ready to be braided, the I braided it to the end. Then my mom tied it on my wrist.

It was perfect, I loved it."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  12:11:58 PM  Show Profile
Lucy Funderburk, (Young Cultivator of Amanda Tressler #3804) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Weaving In and Out badge.

"My mom helped me tie the knot in the yarn, but I did the braiding all by myself. I used a blue yarn with sparkles in it.

It came out great, I can't wait to wear it!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  12:26:30 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an intermediate level Thank You! badge.

"I earned my badge by writing a thank you letter to my teacher.

It turned out fine."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  11:08:17 AM  Show Profile
Anna Goad, (Young Cultivator of Carrie Goad #3028) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Let's Go To Town badge.

"The requirements were to get a library card and see what activities the library offers for children their age.

Anna already had a library card (we LOVE the library). However, while we were at our last visit we asked the librarian to change her card password. We didn't know what her code was from when we initially set up her account. Without it she didn't have full access to the online features like having books placed on hold or renewing them online. So we straightened that out!

Then she asked the librarian about activities for kids in her age range.

At this time the library has 3 programs for older children:
Books and Blocks (a lego program), Paws for Reading (reading to dogs), and Youth and Yarn where they bring in their crocheting/knitting projects.

Anna was interested in the Legos and the Yarn group. We'll be checking those out further and hopefully giving them a try. We were told specific dates and such for the programs were found online.

The events calendar is found here: http://www.handleyregional.org/handley/calendar.asp"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  09:49:59 AM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Icing on the Cake badge.

"I thought of delicious things to put on the cake like chocolate chips, kiwi, apricots and a lot of strawberries.

It turned out beautiful and delicious because it was a blueberry cake."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  09:50:48 AM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Icing on the Cake badge.

"I baked a cake.

It was a blueberry cake with almond frosting."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  09:51:38 AM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an expert level Icing on the Cake badge.

"HERE'S........MY..................CAKE!

Yummmmmmmmmmmm....yummmmmm!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  2:18:42 PM  Show Profile
Vivian Orr, (Young Cultivator of Stephanie Orr #1545) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Trash Talk badge.

"First we went to the recycable center at Eagle Valley Waste Mangement. Then we dropped off the recycables into the recyclable dumpsters. We read the signs of what they take.

It was a windy cold day. We found out our information by reading the signs. Today we journaled it."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  1:45:28 PM  Show Profile
Cait Mallery, (Young Cultivator of Suzanne Mallery #3913) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level All Buttoned Up badge.

"I made a button collection with 25 buttons we had around the house.

It turned out well, and I collected some very cool buttons, such as the Chinese frog button made out of cord."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  1:47:13 PM  Show Profile
Aydin Mallery, (Young Cultivator of Suzanne Mallery #3913) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level All Buttoned Up badge.

"I started to look for buttons and I chose each one because of the way they looked and if I liked them or not and then I put them into a box.

It turned out as a good button collection."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  1:48:32 PM  Show Profile
Aydin Mallery, (Young Cultivator of Suzanne Mallery #3913) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Toys badge.

"I talked to my parent and asked him what toys he had and he talked to me and told me what toys they had. His favorite toy was a rocket ship. I thought it was cool. I asked if he had any video games and he said only a tiny bit. Now we have better technology and better toys.

It turned out that I am glad that I'm growing up now because we have good technology."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  4:01:33 PM  Show Profile
JunFen Freihammer, (Young Cultivator of Joan Van Roo #1413) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Green Thumb Kids badge.

"I ate a pomegranate my mom bought at the store for me to try. I liked it a lot but it was a little sour. My favorite vegetable is cucumbers. My favorite fruit is strawberries."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  4:02:25 PM  Show Profile
JunFen Freihammer, (Young Cultivator of Joan Van Roo #1413) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Toys badge.

"I asked my grandma, Mom and Dad what toys they had when they were little. Then I wrote them down. Here they are.
Grandma: jacks, jump rope, paper dolls, dolls, silly putty, slinky, doll crib
Mom: teddy bear, Flintstone dolls, ballet dolls, easy bake oven, slinky
Dad: toy trains, tractors, trucks and a walkie talkie

I learned that there were no electronic toys...no toys with batteries. It was fun to know what my grandma, mom and dad played with."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  11:35:52 AM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level All Tied Up badge.

"I went around at the farmgirl meeting and showed everybody in the meeting and told them how I made my apron.

It turned out fun to talk to everybody and taiking about how I made my apron."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  10:24:31 AM  Show Profile
Jack Julian, (Young Cultivator of Teresa Julian #1348) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Families Forever badge.

"I asked my mom if I could host a game night. We have game nights a lot, but I wanted to do something different. I invited 2 of my uncles to come over to play with us! Since we had 8 people, playing a board game would be hard. My mom taught me how to play the game "Charades". We split into 2 teams, boys versus girls.

The boys team won!! It was so much fun, we played it again the next Sunday with my other cousins! It was so much more fun than any tv show I ever watched!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  2:39:54 PM  Show Profile
Madison Bailey, (Young Cultivator of Melissa Bailey #724) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner, intermediate, and expert level Icing on the Cake badge.

"Well Maddie decided to do all three levels all at once! She sat down with a piece of paper and decided how she was going to decorate her cake. She chose a pattern of nuts and chocolate chips. Then she and I (she is only 6 and can't read very well yet) made a Banana Cake. She did all the measuring and mixing, I just read the instructions and explained how to measure. Then she decorated the finished cake to match her picture.

Maddie had a blast! She has helped in the kitchen before, but this was the first time it was really HER project. She loved it from start to finish! We didn't get a picture of the cake, I plumb forgot, but it turned out quite well and delicious to boot. Now she can't wait to make another one!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  2:42:09 PM  Show Profile
Lauren Encinas, (Young Cultivator of Melanie Ulmer #2432) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Put Me In, Coach! badge.

"I did two seasons of softball. I got a friend to join it with me.

It turned out good!!!!! I learned so much."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Young Cultivator Awardees - Awesome!:  Young Cultivator Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page