Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  10:48:30 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies. I have a confession to make..... as an east-coaster with lots of moss on my back, I have never heard of "The Dalles" and couldn't figure out what "it" was. lol
I love the internet and googled "it". Now, I know.

Marla, I would have acted pretty much the same way with that spider. Very funny, thanks for sharing!
Pam, I hope you're getting your rest and are able to leave work at work - I imagine that is one of the hard parts of having a compassionate heart.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and awesome weekend.
If any of you are in Earl's path, I pray for your safety. (I will even if you're not in his path.)

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Sep 02 2010 10:51:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  3:32:19 PM  Show Profile
@ Peggy Ann: The Summer rooibos is from a local place called Petalli Teas near where I live in Columbus. If you would like some, I can try to get some for you. Maybe for barter or whatever. Actually, I may start selling the teas soon (this small shop has tea 'design' consultants). Just let me know!

It is a very hot day, at least on my 'end' of the porch. Supposed to really cool down for the weekend. Off to read my MJF magazine
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  4:13:31 PM  Show Profile
HI Amy...thanks for the information on the Petalli Teas. I checked them out on-line so I can order from there and will do so in the very near future. I have a birthday coming up next month and that would make a great gift idea for my family members. That would be cool if you started selling those! I was quite impressed with their website and spent quite a long time looking it over. I may have to order some of those Sugar Crystal Flowers and stirrers. Those would be a nice addition to a cup of tea. Have you ever tried the Blooming Teas? My oldest son sent me some of those for my Birthday one year. They are very beautiful and fun! Anyway...I so appreciate your offer to pick me up some...but now that I know who sells them I will go direct. You're a Sweetheart for following up with me on that though. Thanks!

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 02 2010 4:15:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  6:31:52 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening All,

A sweet hospice volunteer sat with my grandmother-in-law (Nan)for a couple of hours this morning so I could get out for a bicycle ride. I rode through 28 miles of beautiful countryside: the Amish are busy harvesting corn with their teams of Clydesdales, the gardens are bursting with colors and scents, and the trees are starting to get some of their fall colors.

This afternoon I sat with Nan and watched an Amish family harvesting a corn field right behind the house. A young man and a teenaged boy each had their own teams of horses and wagon. It was interesting watching the boy load 2 bundles of cut corn on to his wagon for every one bundle that the man loaded. The horses were beautiful.

I might stay an extra day here to take part in a kayak race on the Oswegatchie River Saturday morning. My brother and sister-in-law are race organixers and serious competitors. I did this race a couple of years ago and even though I finished last I came in first (and last!) for women in my age group! Depending on the water speed I might decide to portage around the one set of rapids on the course. For $10 I will get a T shirt and the opportunity to spend time on a beautiful river.

I made cream of broccoli soup and it is in the thermos on the table. Enjoy!

Gotta go.

Peace,
Lida
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  6:58:34 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Amy-I have a friend who lives in Reynoldsburg. Such a small world! Today was much better. I finally got some sleep and although I had another evaluation that was rough, it was much easier to deal with when I've had some sleep.

I love those blooming teas-they are so beautiful! Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! I am ready for the weekend. I hope everyone is doing okay and things are wonderful for you.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  7:13:21 PM  Show Profile
Lida, that sounds so beautiful to be in Amish country during fall. Your grandmother in law is in my prayers.
Peggy, I think it is pretty nice that us gals have been able to become such good friends!
Today was a pretty good day. I actually finished my homework before 9! I was so excited! Tomorrow I'm going to our brother school's varsity football game with friends, so that should be exciting. My Mom told me that she remembers going to football games when she was in high school. She went to an all-girls school too, so she and I will be sharing memories. Today at school we had an assembly about wellness. That's our theme this year, and there's going to be a wellness contest going on all year round. Basically, there are 7 dimensions of wellness (physical, social, environmental, career/occupational, intellectual, spiritual, and emotional), so there's this list with different things that fit into all of the dimensions. Each mentoring group is going to keep track of all the things on the list they do, and all the things will be worth points that will be added up at the end of the year. I really hope that my group wins! Well, good night everyone!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  09:10:51 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Didn't get to sleep until late. My son has been so unhappy with his job. He is thankful to have it but he works for a bully. I don't know why but we both always end up in jobs with people that bully everyone around them. And of course they are the owners so dealing with it isn't much of an option. My son has been working 10 and 12 hour days because if he tries to leave on time his boss starts getting on him about jobs that need to get done right away due to his bosses bad planning. Some nights he calls me almost in tears. He feels trapped. He is trying to pay off a credit card bill (he had to replace his transmission). He wants to go to school to fly helicopters but it costs about $60,000. Getting a loan for that much just doesn't happen. He hasn't given up yet.. but it is amazing how difficult it is to get money for alternative education. The only place to get a loan is Sally Mae and they require a cosigner.. not going to happen with me or his dad.
I worry about him... hoping I can somehow get settled in Oregon and he can come live with me and figure out how to pay for flight school and work part time. It is sad that he could go to a 4 year college and get student loans but not for something like this.
Anyway, enough griping for now. He is coming up this weekend to help organize for packing and getting rid of stuff. He is bringing his brother so it will be nice to spend a weekend with them. I still have to work during the day. But we usually get pizza and watch movies at night. It will be nice to have them here. I almost feel normal when they both visit.
Off to work I go..

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  09:16:01 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Bunny-it's so frustrating feeling scary and having someone else in control of your decisions. In today's work environment so many bosses can be bullies cause they know there are people dying to get jobs. It makes me so angry! It's good to know that he has you on his side. You're a good mom. It will be so nice to have some help this weekend and spend some time with your family.

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  10:21:55 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Pam. I try to be there for him as much as possible.
One question. What is behind the name kittykill.... scary name says me.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  10:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
LOL! Not scary, I promise. It's an old joke between friends. We were coming up with Jame Bond/Spy girl names and that was mine. We decided that my persona would have a Russian accent and wear a cat suit (which my butt would NEVER get into-hee hee)Everyone around the internet knows me as kittykill, it's been that way for years so I just stick with it so that way I never forget my username.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  10:43:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi Pam...I wondered about kittykill too (I am not really a cat person but a dog person) and because you
have three dogs I thought you meant you were momma to 3 kitty avengers perhaps. I am glad that Bunny asked
and that you explained. I like the James Bond Spy Girl Name thing better than what I came up with in my
head. LOL Leave it to me and my wild imagination! :+) Have a Fabulous Weekend. Are You & Mark doing anything
fun???

Bunny...have a great time with your boys! I love being around my kids too!

Hugs & blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  10:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hee hee! The dogs are definitely kitty avengers. I should have them as sidekicks. We aren't doing anything special. Maybe cooking out. This is one of the first weekends he isn't playing so we are going to start working on winterizing the house and catching up. I'm going to take him to lunch today. I got paid for the crafty video so he is getting a cheeseburger. Ha! Did I miss it? Are you guys doing anything.

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  12:22:20 PM  Show Profile
You guys crack me up. I love the idea of a Bond Girl name. And I can even imagine a character with that name. (BTW - thanks for asking Bunny. I think the word "kill" had the rest of us afraid that some russian spy girl in a cat suit would hunt us down if we asked.)
I was so excited to find the forums and in a hurry to sign up, I didn't really think about my forum name. It's soooooo boring.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Take some time to rest, or work on projects, get reacquainted with your loved ones, etc... The heatwave is to be over here and we're expecting great weather.

My DD just made some banana bread and I'm sneaking some out to the porch for y'all. She eats like a bird and the rest of us tend to jump on the good stuff - she doesn't always get as much as she'd like (but if we leave it for her, it goes bad, silly girl) so she's possessive of her baked goods.
Enjoy.

Edited by - staci860 on Sep 03 2010 12:27:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  1:00:45 PM  Show Profile
I'm in for banana bread! A good glass of ice tea would help too. It's too hot here today.
The store is really slow, everyone is heading for their campsites for the weekend. We have a big music festival here Memorial and Labor day weekends. Fridays are dead and hopefully Saturday will pick up. I always pray for rain.. it brings everyone to town.
Kittykill, ok James Bond spy girl name is better. My user name is from a plant that grows around here.. known as mountain misery. I was thinking of it for a store name and took the more popular common name of bearclover. I'm really going to miss it when I go. It smells like home to me.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  07:09:06 AM  Show Profile
Banana bread sounds good up here. I need to do more plumbing work today and I am trying to figure out how to do most of the gluing outside. I may be able to do the majority of it in the yard and the last joining part inside. Think I can handle two joints. I hope. My quasi renters asked me how to build a handrail and guard for the new stair well. Well I know how but it make take more $ than I have right now. They will just need to be very careful until the next infusion of cash comes around.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  07:49:36 AM  Show Profile
Wow Cherime...tackling toilets and handrails...your are a real do-it yourselfer Farmgirl! Good For You!
But if you are like most people...you have more projects than cash at any given moment. It's
just the way of things isn't it?

Staci...I am in for some banana bread too. Hope it is the good moist kind. My last two loaves were on the
dryer side and even though we ate them...they weren't my favorite.

Bunny...I never heard of Bearclover before. That is interesting. Does it smell like sweet field clover or
something different? Being called Mountain Misery sounds more medicinal or like it grows prolifically
and a pain to get rid of or something like that.

Well, Pegsmiles is pretty self explanatory. I am a happy/positive/optimistic person by nature. For the most part I am easy to please and get along with. Don't get me wrong...when I am in Fibro Pain or PMS or somebody hurts my feelings...that can be a whole different story but I think we all have a natural bent to our personalities. The real US!
And LadyInRed is my blogsite name, because I had Red Hair all my life until I went grey and I love and wear the colors Red and Purple a lot. (My two favorites). I also have a beautiful Picture of an Old Fashioned Woman titled the Lady In Red hanging in my bedroom. My husband for all our married life has called me Red Head or Red and he still does...even though I am now grey (some habits die hard)! LOL
In two days we will have been married for 25 years...pretty cool huh? Especially since we have both been married before.

Have a Great Saturday Ladies...

Blessings,
Peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 04 2010 07:57:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  08:41:02 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I agree with you about Cherime. I can relate. I have been under a house or two in my day fixing frozen water pipes.. It is amazing what you learn when there is no one else to do it. Cherime, sounds like you have your work cut out for you.
Bearclover has a very distinctive smell. It also is highly flamable. It has some kind of oil in the leaves that can almost burn in winter in snow. The smell isn't a floral smell, more like a desert sage smell. Anyway, it is special to me.
Good for you on 25 years married. My first two marriages failed. I really don't want to do it again. After my first two, I just don't see men as being worth the effort. My first is now living as a woman. My second was charming for the year we dated then after we married turned into a 17 year old jerk. With a daughter the was age wise 18 but emotionally about 10. We had so many problems with her getting herself into trouble. The stress was terrible. They were both very good at hiding their true natures.
But I'm happy for you.
I called my mom last night. Looks like my half sister will be moved out by the time I need to move in. That means I actually get a bedroom in the house and not in the basement. I'll set up a sitting area and my sewing area in the basement. So that will be better than sleeping down there too. Just have to make all the kitties play nice.
Well, off to work. Hopefully I'll make some money today.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  11:36:42 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I'll be praying for your son.
Last night was so much fun! Our team lost, but it was fun none the less! I am realizing more about myself, though. The people I was originally hanging out starting hanging out with people I don't know very well, so I got somewhat uncomfortable. But then I found some people that are really cool, so it seems like I have found my "clique". So now, it's time for a three day weekend!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  1:58:19 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone!
Boy do I have a lot to catch up on!! It's been such a busy week that I haven't been at the computer at all. Kinda strange, but good too. I'm slowly trying to read everyone's posts from the last week to catch up

Peggy- I love Tahoe for so many reasons, but mainly it just seems to refresh the spirit every time I see that deep blue lake next to the ragged mountains. It's kind of an inexplicable feeling.

Janet-So glad to hear your daughters surgery went well. I feel for your father, I only hope he's coping with the circulatory issues as best he can. I know it can be very painful.

Angela- Have you asked your MD about giving your daughter some Miralax? It's over-the-counter now and I know a lot of pediatricians in our area use it on little ones who have constipation issues.

I slept so poorly last night and had to get up at 5am to go do rounds at a psych hospital I do some part-time work for. Hubby had to be to work at 8 so I didn't get everything done. Now the in-laws are driving up to babysit for a little bit and I can go in and finish up. I'm exhausted.

Hope everyone's day it fantastic!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  2:07:33 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...I too had two failed marriages before this one. When my current husband came along I practically gave him a job description, made him fill out a resume and put him through the paces...before I said yes... I will risk one more time!! But for me the third time was the charm. About 15 yrs ago he started having heart problems and I thought that I might lose him to a heart attack. At that time he, God and I had some very long conversations. And I pretty much decided that I would never marry again if anything happened to my husband. Nobody needs to be married 3 times let alone more. Like you...I discovered that there were a lot of JERKS out there (even in the Church). So, I will never re-marry. I am the only Christian in my family and the only one ever divorced (isn't that crazy?). All my family members have had long lasting marriages. My mom and dad had been married 52 yrs when my dad died. I went in to marriage expecting the white picket fence and the "And they Lived Happily Ever After" Story Book Life. You are so right, marriage takes a lot of work and a lot of effort and it isn't for the faint hearted. Even a good marriage is WORK and doesn't go with-out it moments believe me. So, I hear you girl! Sometimes we just have to know ourselves well enough to know what works best for our own self-preservation. I always thought I needed a man in my life to complete me. I discovered that is not true. And that is powerful knowledge! ~ My mom who is 77 had 3 of her friends either get married or get boy-friends in their lives just recently...and she was whining to me about WHY not her? Like I said her and dad had been married 52 yrs and he has been gone now for 9 years. I said, "Mom, you can't be serious? You want to get married again?" She said, "Well, no! I just want a companion to go out to dinner with once in awhile." So, I guess age doesn't always mean "Wisdom". I think she wants a friend with benefits! LOL

Hey Megan...I am glad that you found a group that you feel comfortable hanging out with at School. That is always nice to have friends that you feel you can be yourself around and accepted for who you really are.

Cherime...hope you got all your plumbing work done! You are one of those true Laborers on Labor Day weekend huh? Take a day and rest my friend!

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 04 2010 2:11:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  2:24:33 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I have learned to be happy on my own. Unfortunatly society doesn't make it easy for a woman to make enough money to be on her own. Especially without a college degree. But I'm happy being just me. If someone comes along.. I agree with the job discription. I laughted at that. Pity the poor guy that falls into my path.
Megan, it does take time to meet people you feel comfortable around. I always found the first people I met up with weren't always the one's I stayed with. It won't take long to find your "group".
Dana, sounds like you need a three day weekend to catch up on some sleep! Hope you get it.
Having a great day at work. Two big sales. So I'm happy!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  3:28:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh, how I've missed you all! I started my new job yesterday....I was so blessed to see that I have my own office...I was expecting to walk into cubicles....what a pleasant surprise and blessing!!! Worked my last couple hours at the clothing store today... now I can concentrate on the new job and start working a little more on my travel business on the side...
I read Peggy talking about marriage...I just thought I'd throw in I'm going on 29 years this December, and I always liken marriage to a Wagon trail experience.....sometimes, you have to throw out some baggage to lighten the load in order to make it to the mountain top, and once there the view is spectacular and you know you can go the distance, then sometimes, you come down off that hill so fast you lose a wheel, or two, or you get stuck in the mud crossing the creeks and valley's...but it's touch and go, love and war, hugs and kisses...and just a roller coaster ride, but along the way, you look back and see the blessings and the triumphs, you have experiences and children and so many things that make you who you are.....it's a total blessing overall...not always easy...but when you get to the giant crevice and you're wondering is it worth it to jump over or build a crossing over...you make a decision, you decide to keep going...and it's a joy when you get across the otherside! I agree it's not always easy, and it's not always work, it's a continual journey with many blessings....
Marla love love that story about the wolf spider.....I know exactly how you feel...I HATE spiders also....we used to have those wolf spiders in No. California inland..Chico/Oroville area...we had a pool and you could hear them scurry across the pool deck, that's how big they are! One time, I reached up to turn on a lamp and inside the shade was one....it' scared me to death!!! never have forgotten that!!! Gross, harry monsters! On the Central Coast in Oct. the tarantulas migrate and we used to drive over them as they were crossing the road...and you could feel them, that's how big they are...grosssssss..it's giving me the creeps thinking about it! Tammy, big hugs to you...sorry you have to deal with a death so early in the year....another fish loved to death!!!! Glad the butterflies are learning so much already!
Lida, that cantaloupe smoothie sounds interesting...and that Harvest sounds wonderful!
the girls leave tomorrow for Cancun. They're alot of fun, but wearing me out, glad for this little break...and the house...wow, it looks like "EARL" hit! He didn't but it looks like it....
I brought some spinach salad with strawberries, bacon bits, almonds, chicken chunks, it's yummy...
Having a farmgirl meetup in a couple weeks with the local girls from this area...looking forward to meeting a couple new girls! WhooHoo!
So nice to just sit here with all of you for awhile.....
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  3:35:28 PM  Show Profile
Dana, have a little nap on the porch swing...we'll get you all comfy on it and you can just doze off to the laughter and joys of the porch sounds...we'll even give you a couple pillows...they've let me crawl up there before when I was exhausted and uncomfortable...it's very nice....hopefully, you'll get a good night sleep tonight!
Kittykill Pam I'm still laughing at your name explanation...isn't it funny how imaginations carry us off .....loved the story....

Edited by - monicarose on Sep 04 2010 3:38:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  4:43:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! I've been all over the place today! I went to the farmers' market today to support the local farmers. Then I've also been working on homework off and on. I still have lots to do, but I have two more days to finish it!
Peggy and Bunny, I'm glad I've found people I can relate to.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  8:00:26 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
OMG I was MIA too long. I joined a quilt block swap and was hand appliqueing the blocks to get them ready to send. Oh my fingers are sore and I so will be piecing my next blocks. What was I thinking! I was canning also. On top of that we were having new sidewalks and steps done. Therefore I was cooking and serving snacks and lunches for many days. Ending up feeling like I was hit by a truck for a few days but am fine now.

Bunny...I knew you would love it when you got over here. You are in the right spot for support girlfriend. Hope you get the job. Enjoy the kiddos.

Lida...Thanks for emailing me to see if I was ok. I'm just now catching up on my emails. Sounds like your garden was wonderful and isn't God good. You weren't around to take care of your one so he did it and what a blessing he provided you with! Your bike ride sounds heavenly. Thanks for caring about me.

Peggy...Happy 25th Anniversary. Marriage is something else isn't it? If you're lucky and get a good spouse what a blessing! If not it's a living hell. I admire all you women that were strong enough to get out of the bad marriages and move on. I was not and Sorry to say I feel like I wasted my life. The verbal and mental abuse is so debilitating that it immobilizes your spirit and soul. Add to that fear and depression and just trying to get through life and you feel stuck. My husband has been mild recently but I never know when a vicious verbal lashing will come. If I didn't have God 1st in my life and all you sisters I couldn't survive. We all need each other and it is God's divine intervention that led me here and saved me. I was very broken when I came to the porch but you have all made me stronger and I thank you for that.

Now I am crying and I will just sit here and listen to the rest of you beautiful souls and drink a cup of tea. I just need to be quiet but I need to be with you all. Is it ok?

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page