Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  05:27:12 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for your good wishes and prayers. Sometimes the answer God gives you is not what you expect. The interview did not go well but all is not lost. I know He will show me the way.

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  06:52:12 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I love Tahoe. It's one of my favorite places. Last night we went to a party and had a blast. Our friends have a double lot: their house is on one and then they have their backyard on another, only their backyard is a maze carved out from their fruit trees, a sandbar with a firepit, and a tiki bar. It's so neat! Some people were dressed like pirates, some in Hawaiian shirts. Mark and I were wearing our cowboy boots. They had a full food spread and one of our friends makes his own rum-Deco Rum and he was bartending.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  09:02:48 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I also have fibro. I denied it for years. I just didn't need anything else to make my life any harder. I can't even get massages because they are too painful. I have only 2 months to downsize.. its a little overwhelming. I plan on putting everything in my mom's basement. Kind of hoping to make a little place for myself down there. I need a place to sew and I have 4 cats I'm not sure will mix with her 2. I'm hoping to have a kitty window so they can go outside without going into the main house. I wish I had time for a trip up there to do some planing. I'm such a visual person. But it will be a seat of the pants kind of thing. I plan on having yard sales each weekend in October with free tables to get rid of even more stuff. There is also a Freecycle group up here I plan on contacting for anything I need to just give away.

Pam.. sounds like you have a fun group in Tahoe to party with. I lived there for a very short time when I was pregnant with my first son. It was a hard town to get to know when you are new. My husband had a job waiting for us and when we got there the company had lost their contract ...so no job. Stuck in Tahoe in the middle of winter with no money. It was quite the bummer.

Theresa, I'm assuming you are looking for work.. Sorry you have to deal with that. But I agree with God has a plan. I have gone to many interviews for jobs that I really didn't want.. just did it because I really needed a job. And here I am moving to my mom's house with not much.. I still think God has a plan and I'm ok with it. I know what you need is coming your way.

The peach pies sound great. I use to make mini peach pies for my kids when they were younger.
Well, unfortunately I need to get ready for work. Weekends in the mountains are not days to be closed. I had a couple of international tourists looking a quilt yesterday and asked if I was open today. I'm hoping they come back and buy one.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  10:48:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls
just got home from church. Not feeling very good. My allergies are acting up and have about worn me out so I am going to take an afternoon nap.

Megan I totally get what you mean about holding a real book. I feel that way but when you are a teacher and love reading, your house can only hold so many books. So while I can still hold a book I can also continue to add to my collection without my very small house filling up. I am at a stage I need to simplify a bit.

Angela how did your pies turn out?

well ladies my teapot is whistling so going to have a bit of tea and then a rest.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  12:35:41 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I didn't get time to make them. I have the fruit prepped in the freezer for one day real soon. I am also gonna can abunch of my most recent batch of peaches as pie or cobbler fillin so it's ready and waitin. I will have a blueberry pie and a peach pie made up to send to my grandpa for his birthday, but we might not have one for the house till this weekend. I'm thinkin of makin a pear pie. Basically it's a pear tart only in a deeper crust.

Peggy, I hope things go better for your family situation. I know how hard families can be.

Theresa, I'll keep you in our prayers over here. We're goin through the job search gambit as well. It can be hard.

Bunny, I have always hated movin. I try to downsize once a year or so around here, but it's so hard sometimes. We have five people who all love to collect things. Sometimes it's things we never needed and will never need, but they always want to play the 'just maybe' card. I usually have to do it all myself while the family is out of the house.

I love my books! I love the feel, the smell, the solitude of a book. I want an ebook for when I have to go somewhere, but I just can't give up the real thing completely. I have to have actual books for highlightin and note makin for my gardenin books, but I do like the electronic bibles and bible studies on my computer. I could do a lot of my books on the ebook, but I'd have to keep my gardenin and farmin books for my plannin and studyin each winter.

I'm off to work on my peaches and see what else I can find in my garden.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  12:37:11 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I hope you feel better! My areas of the house are the same way. I actually just cleaned up a little bit, but there are no places for all my books that I bought from my old school before summer! So before I buy any new books, I have to read and get rid of some old ones! Lol. So today is math homework day! I have school tomorrow, so it has to get done! Wish I could sit with you ladies longer, but off to do homework:(
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  12:55:19 PM  Show Profile
Hello All,
It is a busy weekend here. Yesterday DH and I went to the New York State fait. I haven't been to the state fair in over 20 years and I thoroughly enjoyed it! The animal barns, textile displays, baking/canning displays, historic Revolutionary War encampment, historic agricultural building, a real chuck wagon, antique carriage & tractor building, and all of the awesome food! My 2 favorites are the historic agriculture building and the textile displays. I love textiles.

Canning tomatoes today- I made 4 pints of salsa and there are 5 quarts of spaghetti sauce in the canner as I rest and type this. My cheap dehydrator malfunctioned and melted the trays last week. I decided to get a Nesco American Harvester, but the price for a new one was going to take me 2 pay checks of saving. I stopped in at day 2 of a church rummage sale and guess what I found- an older, never taken out of the box Nesco American Harvester dehydrator! The price and timing were perfect! Now I can do some dehydrating while I have time on my vacation- apples and cantalope are first up tomorrow morning.

It is quiet here- youngest DD is at a family camp with my in-laws.

Bunny- Is the basement storage at your mother's home dry? Do you do any Internet sales from your quilt shop?

Angela- When I was in seminary many of our books were electronic. It was okay and made school more affordable, but whenever I see paper books that I read electronically at used book stores I buy the ones that I really enjoyed or that challenged me. I think that if we ever get really serious about downsizing I will switch to electronic, but not yet. Yummy- pear pie! Please save me a piece!

Tammy- Sorry about your allergies! Sleep well. Your butterflies are counting on you!

Theresa- Sorry that the interview did not go well. Yur attitude is wonderful and blessing is coming! I'll keep praying.

Megan & Peggy- I also am a person who needs organization to be productive. I smiled at Peggy's words about cleaning the kitchen before making breakfast, I do the same thing.

Okay, gotta go get the sauce off the heat in the canner and then go for a quick bicycle ride.

Carpe diem!

Lida

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  1:46:14 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...I ignored my Fibro for years too ... until it started affecting my job, my family, my church and my entire life. It literally shattered my entire life! I have it through out my entire body even in my feet, hands and head. My husband and youngest son, sat me down and said..."You need to get out of denial and file for SSD." At that point I could no longer work, the Chronic Fatigue was so bad I slept most of the day and I was devastatingly Overwhelmed beyond imagination. I broke down in tears and said to them, "I don't have the energy for the fight it will take to get SSD. I can't do it!" They both said, "Then we will do it for you! At least everything we can possibly do...you will just have to do the Physical showing up" Even at that the whole two year process, the first denial and then another year wait to fight the denial on my claim...spiraled me in to such a deep depression...I didn't even care about anything anymore. I had never in my life had depression until this whole SSD thing with the Fibro. If it hadn't been for God, my faith, my husband and my son...I could have just given up on life completely. Which was so not me. I had always been an extroverted, sassy-lassy with lots of spunk and determination and great zest for life. Nobody or nothing could get me down. But all that changed.
The last four years I have gotten emotionally better...but nothing close to "Normal" for me. I just learned that I had to accept my "New Reality" but keep fighting to make my life the best it could be with the
conditions and physical limitations that I have to deal with. I still fight depression but it isn't all consuming like it was. So, Bunny keep fighting it as long as you possibly can...because there will come a day
when you won't be able to fight it any longer but I am here to tell you that you don't have to allow it to beat you either. There are some people that only get it in certain parts of their body, not all over and some people don't get the chronic fatigue syndrome with it either or the severe depression. I pray you are one of
the fortunate ones that don't have to battle with it all.

Lida...don't take a wrong turn this week girlfriend and wear that body out again.

Theresa...God has the right job out there for you. Don't give up hope...keep maintaining that positive attitude.

Tammy...sorry about your allergies! They can be miserable!

Pam...sounds like you had a fun time last night at your outdoor party. I guess we should let Bunny in
on the fact that you don't live in Tahoe but rather Portland. She thought you were partying the
night away at Lake Tahoe! Don't YOU wish?

Megan...Is that math done yet? You do realize you have a lot of moms on here to keep you on your
toes, don't you? LOL You to Channah! Homework before Socializing! Ha Ha!

Ok...my Fibro is acting up...I am going to go stretch out on my electric heating mattress pad.

More later Porchies. Hugs to You All!

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  1:52:47 PM  Show Profile
Lida, I remember my mom's basement as being pretty dry.. just cold and dark. I'll have to figure out how to deal with that. I'm use to living in the forest with no curtains to block the sunlight. I will be putting things online. What ever is left at from my shop and I will be sewing lots of new things. I signed up with a new farm girl online shop. It will hopefully be running by the time I get to my mom's to inspire me to hit the ground running so to speak. I'm afraid of slipping into a bit of a depression. I'm leaving my two boys behind in California and I'll miss them terribly. They call me all the time now anyway. But the older one comes up almost every weekend to see me. I'll miss that.
Hope all of you are having a wonderful Sunday...getting lots of rest!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  1:57:28 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, it's pretty much done! I'm just waiting to hear back from my teacher about some questions I have! Lol.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  8:17:56 PM  Show Profile
Lida, I hope your tomatoes all seal for you. That's what my grandma used to say all the time, she said it was for luck.

I decided to make a blueberry pie while I was waitin for the laundry to wash. I figured I'd make 2 exactly the same, since I never made one before. I wanted to be able to check it out good before sendin it out to grandpa for his birthday. I used a recipe for blueberry crumb pie. We cut one and everyone tried it. I was impressed that it set up so nicely and the top was good and crunchy. I guess I did a good job since I only have an empty pan left on the table. I've got another one in the oven right now. I only got a little piece! My family all ate 2 big pieces and ice cream with it too!

I'll sneak this one straight out to the porch when it's done. You girls will share it with me won't you?

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2010 :  11:47:46 PM  Show Profile
Angela...the pie smells heavenly! I will take one piece with no Ice-Cream Thank You! I love Blueberry Crumble!

Well, I hate to eat and run but I want to get some reading in before my night med's kick in and conk me out.
I take an over the Counter Sleep Aide called "Sleep MD" and it is just herbal but it works marvelously for
me. I may have to read a few chapters and then jump up and take the pill. Then read a couple more quick chapters.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was much better than the week was! So it has ended well and the new week started well...so, you can't get much better than that.

Thanks for the blueberry pie Angela it hit the spot!

Good Night My Porchie Angels,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 29 2010 11:50:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  07:41:34 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm so sad to hear what you have been through with your Fibro. I go back and fourth with the chronic fatigue. It seems to cycle in and out. I have learned to adjust my life to it. I can go gang busters up until about 2pm and then I'm done. I keep my store open until 4pm and just come home and either take a nap or veg on the couch. I hate that I don't have the energy to get things done. Right now with everything I'm up against... and doing it pretty much by myself, is overwhelming. I just tell myself to take it one weekend at a time. My son will help to a point but I think he is having a hard time dealing with me moving. He just doesn't admit it. I'm so afraid everything will be left to the last minute and I'll be stressed and worn out. I have a few friends to help but they have families and issues of their own. They don't offer help.. I have to ask. Hard for me to do. But I realize I won't make it if I don't. They both have a tendancy to bail on me at the worst possible time. The next 60 days will be the hardest. Hopefully I won't whine too much. lol
I love hearing about everyone canning and making pies. Summer is such a wonderful time for good food! I hope someday I'll have a place for a garden so I can join in the fun.
Happy Monday!

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  08:56:51 AM  Show Profile
Bunny if you are going to be living in the basement or even down there for any length of time, invest in the sunlight neon bulbs. Makes our office better for us all including the plants. The electric mattress pan in wonderful in cold places.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  10:43:21 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...When I was working...I was just like you (my sister too), where you just hit a wall at
two or three in the afternoon, and it takes everything in you to keep going until your work
day is over. I would try to take a 15 minute nap in my office on my afternoon break and
then keep going until 4:30 when I got off. My work day started at 7:30 am. Have you had any
problem with your muscles doing weird things? Besides hurting, I mean? I started dropping really
Valuable Art Pieces in the Store. Like 3,500 Thomas Kinkade Pictures, Expensive Amish Clocks etc.
My muscles would just involuntarily release what I was holding. Even at home in the mornings just brushing my teeth or combing my hair...I wouldn't even feel my muscles release but I would look down and there would be my tooth brush or hair brush laying in the sink. At night my muscles spasm so badly that my body literally jerks up and off the bed. Or involuntarily hit myself in the face etc. I now take muscle relaxers when I sleep, but for a number of years I just didn't know what was happening to my body. It was frightening to say the least.

I am so sorry that you don't have people to help you that you can truly depend on. I don't know what I would do without my youngest son and husband; even during just day to day living. My youngest is 24
and doesn't live at home but he is always willing to help if I need him to. The other two boys were already out on their own when The Fibro hit me hard and fast...but the younger one lived through the
changes in our Family lives when it happened. So, he is much more understanding, compassionate and ready to be there for me. The other two know I have Fibro and Chronic Fatigue...but since you still look "normal" on the outside...they really don't "get it". I think that is why a lot of people think it is all in our head. BECAUSE we look just like we always did. Only I did find that it aged me faster. I had always felt about 10 yrs younger than I biologically was...until I turned 50 and that's when the fibro really hit me hard. But I can trace symptoms back in to my teenage years.

I will pray that the people around you will surprise you and be a bigger help than you think they will be. Sometimes when we leastst expect it...people can suit-up, show-up and really step-up to the plate.I hope you will experience this. Praying God's Best For You!

Oh, and don't think that just because we have Gardens that we are all Farmgirls on here. A lot of us are Farmgirl's at Heart only or just
barely. Many of us are City Girls, Urban Chicks, Rural Farmgirls, Wanna-be's and then we have a few True Blue Ranchers.
But if you are a Farmgirl at Heart then you are Farmgirl Enough!!!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 30 2010 11:02:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  8:35:05 PM  Show Profile
Whoo, school is exhausting! I had the first of many heavy homework nights tonight. Well, it's time to turn in!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  10:35:57 PM  Show Profile
Well, ladies, I have came out to the porch after everyone else has already gone. I am just sitting here thinking and praying for my DD who is having gall bladder surgery and of the five grandchildren that I have all sleeping in my house right now. I just needed a little solitude tonight as I have been away from the chatroom a lot here of late as my computer was hit by lightning about a month ago.
I had a wonderful morning as I got a letter from my wonderful pen pal, Peggy. Thanks so much for the encouragement, dear friend!
I too like books and I like the feel of the book but I know that if I had to downsize, I would do whatever I had to so that I could still read. I don't get to read as much as I want to but I have enough right now that will last me for a while in retirement one of these days.
Please remember my dad in your prayers. He goes to a vascular surgeon Friday. He just turned 79 and he is not having circulation as he should in his legs. They have tried the full leg stockings but they are messing with his skin.
I look forward to sitting you some of you tomorrow and maybe I could bring some good ole Southern sweet tea!
Will talk soon!

Have a great and blessed day!
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  10:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I am so sorry about your having to leave your quilt shop! I pray that God will just open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings to you as you go to this new phase of life. Let me know of your online sales. I also hope that you will receive some very unexpected help to wrap things up. I wish too that your shop hop is successful!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  11:28:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey Janet...my Wonderful Pen Pal...great to see you on The Porch! How FUN. How did your DD's surgery go? My husband had that surgery and afterwards the Dr. comes out and gives me four colored Photo's of it. It looked like a rolled up taco but a little too graphic and colorful for me. After he talked about how easy and successful the surgery was...I slid the pictures back over to him...and he said, "Oh no, those are for you!" Yuck!

Sounds like what your dad has going on is much more serious...I will keep him in my prayers!
And yes, I would love some of your sweet tea. Sounds yummy.

Well, you are so right...it really is quiet on the Porch today. Must be a really busy Monday for everyone.
Hope the grandkids didn't wear you out. How long do you have them for? Just a day or two?

I hope to see you back tomorrow! I am off to bed tonight early. Hope to go to Barnes and Noble in the morning and just sit and relax and prepare for my Bible Study Class that I teach on Thursday Night. It is our first night back from our summer break. Then in two weeks we go to the Oregon Coast for our four day Women's Retreat. Can't wait!

Blessings and sweet dreams,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 30 2010 11:32:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  05:47:45 AM  Show Profile
They were to be at the hospital two hours ago. I haven't heard anything from them yet.

I didn't get too much sleep last night as I had thought(probably is why I thought I might as well do what I wanted to as late as I wanted to) because two of them were in my bed and they were both bunched up behind my back. That was alright. They are all here just for the one night so I will turn in early tonight.

Yes, Daddy's is much more serious. Daddy has his own sawmill (a hobby as he retired at age 52) and he already had poor circulation but about 2 or 3 months ago, he got his leg pinned between two logs. That has aggravated the problem and also he is on blood thinner. Didn't help the situation either. When Daddy was diagnosed with Lymphoma about 4 - 5 years ago, he didn't even have a regular dr. but bless his heart, he has made up for lost time. He has to go to the dr. all the time now.

Well, I guess I'd better go. One is already up. I think he is trying to wake up the others so I guess I'd better go back in and make me some coffee and see if I can get going here. I am kinda dragging!

Hope yall have a great day and I hope to come back out on the porch later today!

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  07:48:22 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for your good wishes. I know I'll get through all of this.
Peggy, I don't have the muscle problems you discribed thankfully. I have quite a bit of pain in my joints though. I can't lift my arms anymore. My biggest problem is rls at night. I can be up until 2 or 3am walking around the house trying to get it to stop.
Janet, I hope the doctors figure out how to help your dad. Parents are so important to us. My grandfather was having problems years ago and they put a pacemaker in and it made a big difference. His heart wasn't pumping the blood enough. After the pacemaker he was a new man. Hang in there.
well, I'm off to teach a class at another quilt shop.. I better get going it is an hour away.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  07:54:52 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Good morning ladies. I hope everyone is doing well this morning. I was a little under the weather yesterday and still feeling a little rough this morning. I think I need a cup of hot tea for my sore throat. Mark has to build a set tonight so I will be by myself. I hate when he is on tour or has to work overnight. I can never get to sleep.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  08:35:19 AM  Show Profile
Pam...I remember those kind of nights well, when my ex-husband played out of town. Sometimes when he toured he would be gone for 3 or 4 months at a time. I hated that! But you do what you have to do huh girlfriend?

Janet...I hope your DD is doing better! And that tonight you get to get caught up on your sleep. I am going to Barnes and Noble today to prepare for the class that I teach Thursday Night.

Bunny...the restless leg is a pain. Do they give you medication for it??? If so, does it not help? Or are you
just trying to deal with it on your own? If you have joint pain as well as muscle pain then you also have
arthritis.

I'm Off Hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  09:47:51 AM  Show Profile
I have added the surgeries to our prayer list.

Bunny, have you tried rubbing horse linement on your legs before bed? It helps my moms some. She said it helps her get to sleep.

Pam, My hubby used to be an over the road truck driver. I hated it. I couldn't sleep worth a hoot. The girls were miserable too. He quit because our middle daughter started havin nightmares that daddy wasn't comin home. I was glad he quit. He told me a few years later that he was havin nightmares about the house burnin and stuff, so he was gonna quit the job if they didn't stop anyhow.

I am exhausted. I haven't been able to sleep much the last few nights. My baby girl has been so constipated she just sets and screams for what feels like hours till she goes. The dr says it because she's not gettin enough liquids. It keeps her tummy sick and she can't sleep, so momma doesn't sleep either. It's catchin up with us both. She's layin down for a nap about an hour earlier than normal, at her request. I think I'm gonna go lay down with her for a bit.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  5:32:15 PM  Show Profile
Awww, Angela! I hope baby girl feels better!
Okay, I just wanted to stop by before homework! I'm so busy, but I will always find time for my sisters! Tomorrow we have a big sister/little sister lunch, so I'm really excited to meet some more upperclassmen!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page