Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  5:52:56 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, so glad that you finally named your bike! Lucille is such a pretty name!
Everyone, thanks for being so supportive of me in my endeavor to become valedictorian! I have barely started high school and I already have a large group of supporters. I'm so glad that everybody believes I can do it, and I know it will be hard work, but from a young age hard work has been instilled in me!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  6:24:02 PM  Show Profile
I think it's great to try for something so wonderful as valedictorian! It's hard, but rewarding to put yourself into something like that. I have found that to be true for everything in life, so what better preperation could you get.

I am here after a huge wind storm here at our little place. It cooled things off so much I nearly fell asleep on the porch. I guess I'll be pickin the limbs up in the yard for a week, but that's okay. It's nice for sleepin tonight.

I got a chicken thawin for tomorrows dinner and I have a few different dinner roll recipes to pick from for my first 'real' bread attempt. I think I'll make those in the morning and maybe try a loaf in the afternoon. I do my chicken in the crockpot, so it's pretty well a 'set it and forget' kinda thing. I have potatoes to dig, but the ground is all muddy now, so maybe in a few days it'll dry out.

I guess I oughta go pilfer the fridge for some leftovers to warm up for dinner. We can barely open the fridge door with all the leftover from my new recipes! I need to make up my own tv dinners for the freezer.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  03:09:48 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning! Come join me for a cup of coffee and we can watch the sunrise.

Peggy- Lucille is a perfect name for tour bike. Congrats to Channah for the creative thinking! When will Lucille be back from the bike shop? I found your Dancing with Jesus blog- how special! Enjoy your time with your granddaughter as you celebrate her second birthday!

Angela- My goodness, you have a lot going on! It is a blessing to have family close by like you do. I am glad that you all have each other to rely on when help is needed. My family is 4 hours away and the long distance care-giving stinks.

Lin- Your gutter cleaning experience sounds like fun in hindsight! Great timing that you weren't on the ladder when the rains came. The big downtown farmer's market, (called the Public Market) has a large variety of vendors. There are maple syrup and pure maple product stands, homemade cheeses, homemade soaps, local honeys, Mennonite baked goods, fresh flowers, herbs, organic eggs, organic meats, a stand with the harder to find grains, a local vineyard stand, and an amazing variety of fruits and veggies grown by our farming neighbors. Western New York has an abundance of produce farms. There is a marked increase in the vendors who are selling certified organic produce. The Public Market is open Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. We also have numerous smaller community markets.

Pam- The shrimp, corn, potatoes and sausage dish sounds great! I enjoy learning about regional foods! I have heard that Mainers have a similar dish. Maybe it is an Atlantic coast specialty. I may have to try to get to the coast sometime just to taste it.

I just read about an interesting photography display at a local art gallery- a photographer photographed many of the vendors at the farmer's market, then expanded her photos to include visitng some of their farms and capturing images of the people who do the work to bring our food from their seeds to our tables. Her display goes until August 2 and I am excited about viewing it! I wish you all could join me!

My sister-in-law called and the side of beef she offered me is ready this week. I thought I had a couple of more weeks to make some space in the freezer! I have never bought a side of beef before and have no idea how much freezer space I will need, but I think it will be a lot! The meat is a blessing; I only have to pay for the cost of the butchering, cutting and wrapping. Plus, I know the cow had a good life and was treated humanely before she broke her leg and needed to be put down.

This evening I am visiting a woman who has a barn that she is interested in allowing me to use to store donated wheelchairs in! I oversee a ministry that is a partnership with another larger ministry that collects used wheelchairs and other mobility devices to be given to people in the developing world who need them. Some of the wheelchairs also stay in the US for situations like natural disasters that cause people to flee their homes so quickly they can't bring their wheelchairs or walkers. I need a storage space for the donations and she heard about my need and believes that God gave her this barn just for these wheelchairs. What an answer to prayer!

Carpe diem!

Lida
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  05:50:40 AM  Show Profile
Mornin Porchies! I am sittin in the cool kitchen enjoyin my coffee. We got a nice gentle rain all night and it was so cool and nice to sleep all night and not have to wake up to cool off for a while. I am gettin ready to start preppin my dinner rolls and get my chicken in the crockpot. I have most of the morning free and then the evening pretty well free, so I'm gonna get those tomatoes ready for sauce makin and cannin as diced with peppers. I need to before they go bad on me. I don't have a lot of them, but a little canned is better than lettin them waste.

I don't know if I told you Girls. I now know how many pacifiers it takes to clog a toilet! 4! That's how many were missing from my little one's bowl of passies when the toilet wouldn't flush anymore. I asked her where her 'plugs' were(her daddy's term for them) and she pointed to my bedroom half bath and said 'all gone'! I checked the trash and then lifted the toilet lid. It was full of water, too full! I tried to reach them, fish them out with a coat hanger, I even called my DH for help. He said they wouldn't actually clog till they were down in the drain pipe and I should just plunge like crazy. So I did. The water went down, but the toilet still doesn't flush quite right. Life with a toddler! LOL!

I got my van fixed by the way! Yea! I am finally have wheels agian. We are planning to take a day trip or two in september and of course there are a few festivals we want to go to. I am determined to go to the Greek Fest this year. We missed it last year due to the baby's health problems and it was the only year since we learned about it that we didn't attend. I am so glad things are finally starting to get fixed and caught up. I am so glad that my DH is finally workin agian.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  12:46:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi friends! Angela, you sound very busy! I wish you good luck with your bread making! Your little one sounds so cute!
After sitting for a while, I'm going to the library! For the past week it seems like I've been there a lot. Oh well, I love reading.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  1:47:02 PM  Show Profile
I DID IT!!!! I made dinner rolls and they turned out great! They rose nicely, browned nicely, and taste just right! I can't believe it! I have tried for years and have had several people show me how they make bread and everything. I have never had an success. Now I have a dozen rolls for dinner tonight and a dozen rolls for tomorrow night. My chicken is almost done and I have a huge pot of my own homegrown potatoes boilin for mashed taters tonight. I need to throw on some green beans and then my dinner is done. I brought out some of my fresh rolls for everyone to try. I am so happy! I think I'm finally really on my way to the life I want, free of processed foods and chemicals!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  3:27:01 PM  Show Profile
Angela, that dinner sounds so yummy! I wish I was at your house for dinner tonight!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  9:30:55 PM  Show Profile
Angela you work so hard!!! And how completely THOUGHTFUL you DH was to give you such a special gift "in honor" of all your accomplishments with your kitchen!! Bless you both!! Thoughts will be with your dad!! Your pacifier story is hilarious!! Not funny for the plumbing, but nonetheless, amusing!! Thanks for sharing!! So happy you got the van fixed and you're "mobile" again!! We have a Greek Festival here too and it's very nice and love the food. Hope you get to go!! So happy your rolls turned out!!! Yeh!! Love that homemade bread!

Peggy, so happy you were finally able to decide on a name for your bike and congrats to Channah!! You're going to have so much fun!!! Hope you're feeling better tomorrow......approaching full moon and that affects barometrics and so hope you don't have a horrible time. Wish I could take that all away for you!!

Lida, the Farmers Market there sounds like it has everything!! Wow, it would hard to decide, but how nice to have so many choices!! Wow!! Is the barn going to work for your wheelchair storage?

Work day, then made raspberry pie, spinach quiche and sun tea, so I'll bring it to the porch! A cool evening, so will bring my quilt to wrap in!

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  10:33:42 PM  Show Profile
Angela...sounds like you are becoming quite the good cook. I am sure that your family is just loving all your wonderful meals! And Yeah...you got your van fixed...oh, you must be feeling like life is falling in to place for you now with your hubbies job and everything.
The story about the pacifiers in the toilet was hilarious. She must have decided that she didn't need them anymore. LOL

Lida my bike is done at the Bike Shop...I just need to pick it up. It was under $100.00 to fix it. But now I still need to get it painted or do it myself. Haven't decided yet if I will try to restore it myself or not. I kind of would like to do it myself but with my fibro...I am not sure if I would be biting off more than I can chew.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  11:44:13 PM  Show Profile
I painted my DD bike once. It was way more complicated than I thought it would be. Then I was told by a friend that the local auto body shop would have done it for half the price of the bike shop! The only catch is they won't replace all the stickers and names on the bike, but maybe they would hand paint your bike's new name on it for you. Just a thought.

I am so tired tonight. We wound up gettin a surprise rain storm, so my DH and I had to run out in the rain to feed the chickens and pick the tomatoes. I am goin to go to a community cannin session at the church that runs our community garden. I have to have all the sauce, diced tomatoes, and peppers ready for jars by thursday. My fridge is gettin pretty full. I think all dinner leftover from now on will have to be packed as tv dinners and frozen. Then everyone can grab one out of the freezer when they get hungry during the day.

I tell you girls, I feel like a new woman with a new life and I just seem to ramble on about it to everyone. I have so many new friends on here and I have gotten so much great advice and much needed support. I have done a big turn around with my house, my life, my family, and myself. I feel good about who I am and I am takin charge of my life, finances and house because I feel stonger with everyone on here standing behind me and beside me. I have spent many sleepless night hauntin all the old threads and chattin with so many ladies who have been in my shoes and could help me to stand back up on my own two feet. I am sure my silly post are gettin annoying, but I feel like I just want to shout it from the rooftops that I am finally doin good and am really becoming a happy person!

I know my simple accomplishments seem like fluff to you ladies who have been doin this stuff for years, but to me they are important battles won in the war for my happy life. I want to celebrate everything no matter how small so I never forget some people can't and I used to be one of them. I have taken for granted the important things in my life for to long. I used to put off playin with my baby for gettin the house done. Then, one day last month, my baby climbed up into my lap and she didn't fit in my arms anymore. I had to sit her on my lap and her head was on my shoulder! I almost missed out on bein able to rock and hold my baby because I was too busy. I am learnin to only hold on to what is needed so I don't have to clean the clutter in my house, my life, and my heart. I am makin room for fun, family, and the things I've always wanted to have in my life. I'm still busy, very busy, but now it's not the too busy that squeezes the life out of a person.

I want to wish all you woonderful ladies the same kind of happiness I have found. I wish you only the good stuff. Remember to take charge of your life or it will take charge of you. Squeeze every drop of fun from it you can so it doesn't have the strength to squeeze you. Enjoy something every day and laugh, even if it's at yourself!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  12:01:38 AM  Show Profile
Angela...thanks for the bike tip! And GIRL YOU JUST SHOUT YOUR HAPPINESS FROM THE ROOFTOP!
We are all looking up there on the roof, rejoicing with you and applauding you!
Nobody will ever get tired of hearing your stories and being happy for you.

Hugs & Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 21 2010 12:11:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  05:06:10 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning! I slept in a bit this morning and it is grand to wake up and not feel tired. I usually get up between 4:30 and 5:00 but today I slepy in until 6:30.

Angela- Your messages about all that you are learning and accomplishing are inspiring! You give me hope that there are many younger women out there who value homemaking. Scripture reminds us that the older women are to teach the younger women. I thought of the poem I mentioned in your thread "How Do You Do All That" Monday evening when I got home from work at 9:30 and the living room was a wreck. I took a deep breath, recited that poem and thanked my 15 and 18 year olds for making it such a fun day for their niece (2 1/2) and nephew (7 months) whom they had babysat all day.

The barn I visited last evening is perfect for storing wqheelchairs in! This woman is being so generous! The barn has an old cobblestone foundation. She has replaced the roof and added a cupola with a chandelier light fixture in the couploa. The chandelier can be lowered into the second level of the barn for barn dances or dinners! She doesn't keep any animals in the barn, but keeps it maintained for people to use if she hears of a storage need. She is letting us use the entire lower level to store the wheelchairs in! And she isn't charging us rent! We have the potential to expand this all voluteer ministry but the lack of storage space was a huge impediment! God took care of that! I am dancing! Just last week I received a packet pictures from around the world of people who had recieved wheelchairs that we collected and shipped out! The wheelchairs went to Viet Nam, Jordan, Liberia, Romania and Jamaica!

My morning garden inpsection found some tomatoes just starting to tur a bit yellow. It is a bumper tomato crop this year!

Off to work.

Blessings,
Lida
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  06:20:17 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Go Angela! Rock on with your bad self! You are an amazing woman! Don't ever forget or doubt that.

Lida-that is great! Yeah for tomatoes!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  07:07:35 AM  Show Profile
Angela-I love your stories and it's wonderful that you feel so fulfilled and happy!

Lida-I have to admit I'm a little jealous of your tomatoes...my poor plants are struggling this year!I planted 70 seedlings and I've lost at least half of them due to the bad weather we started off with this year. I hope the one's that survived will produce. but on the positive side, my herb garden is going crazy. That barn sounds amazing and the work you are doing is as well. God always provides a way and it sounds like he really came thru for you

Got up early this morning and enjoy a quiet cup of coffee outside before the family wakes up. Although I'm so sad about my Dad passing, I'm amazed that even in his death, he is still helping us out. My hubby's car just died last weekend while we were on the freeway with our 2 little ones inside and 95 degrees out. I managed to get it going and get back home but apparently the computer system had to be completely replaced. The repair shop had it for a week so we ended up having to drive my dad's car to get around. Made me laugh that he's still there to support us when we need it. With the money that he left to me, we are able to get completely out of debt (we were on a two year plan to do this) so now we can start getting some land we bought a few months ago ready for us to move to much sooner than planned. I've always been lucky to have my dad and yet again, he's been a huge help. There has been this constant worry that people are going to get laid off at my husband's job (hospital pharmacist) so this take's ALOT of pressure off of us if something does happen. As well, I no longer really have to work the 2 days a week that I have been working so I can stay home and we can have more than 1 day off together every few weeks. Between our vacation and the time we took off for my dad's death, we've realized how much we miss having some real time together. It also put some perspective on how important our family is. The night he died, my hubby said that he doesn't want to be one of those men who works all his life just for monetary stuff and miss out on the people in his life. I'll probably still work for the rest of the year and then just go down to working to cover people's vacation's and days off starting in January (I'm also a pharmacist).
It's my little one's first birthday today...Happy Birthday to my little Ava!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Jul 21 2010 07:08:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

daylily
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Chris
Newcastle CA
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  07:29:07 AM  Show Profile
I am trying to get here in the morning, instead of after you all have gone to bed!

I just really enjoy reading about your lives everyday. I was actually out on the back deck this morning as the sun came up. I watched the critters around me making their way out into the yard. The ground squirrels & magpies were fighting for the almonds on our trees. So far, it's magpies 1, ground squirrels 0. Those birds are stinkers, but comical. The jack rabbit youngsters haven't appeared yet, but they will! That's a hoot to watch too.

Better get to work. Have a great day farmgirls!

Chris
Farmgirl Sister #346

http://refininglife.blogspot.com
http://organizedkitchen.blogspot.com

Edited by - daylily on Jul 21 2010 07:30:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  07:54:45 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,
I have been catching up with yall. I am enjoying a cup of tea before I begin my day with haircut, bible study, workout and doing some things around the house. I pulled weeds last night and who knew how much one could enjoy that? My hubby laughed. He said I don't like weeds. I said that is why we pull them. Relieved some stress..hehehe

have a good day
blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  12:20:00 PM  Show Profile
Might I join you for a bit? I was hoping you'd have a seat for me too. I'm particularly fond of rocking and just love a porch swing.

Smiling & Waving,
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  12:39:35 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies or Afternoon...which ever it is.

I am rather frustrated today...so, I have come to the Porch to sit
and pout and get cheered up. I don't know what has happened but
all of a sudden Virtual Porch is the only Thread I am getting any
conversation Notifications on. Usually I am on many different ones during
the day and love all the ones that I have chosen to join in on but...
when I go the the Main Forum like Garden Gate...I can't seem to find
the Thread I was enjoying...Like Garden Adventures. Can any one tell
me if they've had this experience before and how to find those individual
topics again? Thanks!

OK, now that I got that off my chest anyone for some iced-coffee and a piece
of Coffee Cake?

Tammy...don't you wish the Veggies grew as heartily and quickly as the weeds? LOL

Dana...just goes to show you that your Dad and Your Heavenly Father are both watching over
you and providing for your needs. Doesn't your dad's continual presence in your life
give you great comfort? I love how our Heavenly Father allows us those small glimpses
into the Heavenly realms it reassures us that our loved one who passed is still watching
over us.

Angela...Do you feel like Mrs Ingles on Little House On the Praire?

Pam...it was nice to see you popped on for a minute girl. Are the Pen Pal Ladies
keeping you busy? I sent mine a pretty card today and some jokes. Hope they
brighten her day. Has your 'Mood' left? Are you feeling more like your spunky
cheery self? I hope so. You are so much fun Sister!

Lida...what a HUGE BLESSING ON THE BARN! God is good! And what a Sweet Lady to hear
the prompting of the spirit and step up to help you with your need for storage.
I love those God Moments don't you?

Well, I need to get some house work done even though I would rather stay and chat
with my girlfriends. I'll be back tonight!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 21 2010 12:47:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  2:39:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!

Sharon, of course there's room for you! There's always room on the porch. And there's always lots of food too.

Peggy, I do feel like Mrs Ingles! I kinda like it though. Lol! I have had to go to the 'My Subscriptions' at the top of the page to track down a lot of my favorite threads. The ladies are gettin busy with summer stuff and not postin so much.

Dana, I think it's so great to have that feelin that they are still here helpin out. I had a similar thing happen when my FIL passed. Our roof caved in on our trailer and my MIL called the same day to ask us to move in to her big house with her and help with the bills. It worked out for all of us. As a bonus, it put me right on the property I have been gardening on for a few years now. Happy birthday to little Ava!

Lida, congrats on the tomatoes and the barn!

Pam, thank you!

Chris, I enjoy watchin our little chipmunk out front and all the birdies flyin around too.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  2:44:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies...I'm not pouten any more...I figured out how to track down my
various threads and had to resign-up for the different topics but I did it. It
has taken me all morning but now I am back into the swing of things.

Angela...I did notice that the postings have gone down. Everyone is busy or on
little trips which is great! Well, I am going to take a little trip to my kitchen
and make some lunch since it will soon be time to start dinner. LOL

Hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  5:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Afternoon ladies! Whew! Has today been crazy and I have been CRANK-Y! Work has been extra crazy lately with lots of reports to get out for parole reviews. I need some love. I'm tired of hearing about bad things. Luckily I am sitting out in the backyard with my favorite people and Mark is on his way home and is gonna cook dinner tonight. Plus, I have the perfect strawberries ripening up right now so I'm extra happy. The pups are either lounging in the sun or helping me dig. I can't be mad at them cause they are so silly when they come back with dirty little paws and noses. They know better than to dig in the garden-they have their own spot.

Ahhh....I'm so happy you guys are here! Just talking to you and sitting with ya makes me happy and stress free. xoxo!

Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  6:05:48 PM  Show Profile
Evening gals! We had beef ribs and corn on the cob for dinner this evening. Yum! Afterwards we went out to do the evening chores and I got an itch to do something silly. Poor Nicholas didn't know what hit him at first when that bucket of water got him from behind. I'd say he cooled off quite quickly. Then a bit later I had more water, saw Samuel had is back to me talking to his brothers, and I felt another urge. Nicholas & Will saw me coming and chose to not let on and I blasted Samuel but good. I think Will figured he was safe at that point, keeping his eye on me. NOT! I was carrying around the pail I put eggs in and he thought there were actual eggs in it so he slacked off. WHAM - got him good! Hahahahahahaha! Then I went up to the road to put a bag in the garbage can being as it's pick up day tomorrow. I saw Samuel running towards me with a bucket of water so I ran like the wind to the house, locked the doors, and let them hang at the windows looking like monkeys. The I realized they were going to come in through a window so I ran upstairs into the bathroom. They used their manners and asked me what I was doing (such good boys) instead of barging in. When I told them I was using the facilities they decided to back off and leave me alone. Ok, so it was a fib - better than having them drag me outside to get hosed. I was sitting there bored figuring they were thinking up revenge so I decided to prolong it until their bedtime and take a bath. I figure those kids are just dreaming up ways to get me back when I least expect it tomorrow. Just another great day here at Silver Maple Farm. Ahhhhh, life is good!

Smiling & Waving,
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  6:08:54 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Sharon-that totally made me laugh. What good times!

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  6:57:28 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, that is totally hilarious!

Peg I am so glad you are "plugged" in again.

I had a productive day. Got my errands done, bible study, managed a work out, and now it is time to sit with evening tea and someone said they had strawberries. I would like some pretty please. My strawberries did not do very well this year. Hubby said he would have to do some checking the soil and things and see what is up with it. It seems to vary sometimes from year to year. So better luck next year I hope.

I hope you all had a beautiful day. I am gonna sit here and rock and watch the sunset with you beautiful ladies.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  9:12:20 PM  Show Profile
I have a fridge full of tomatoes all prepped up for cannin tomorrow. I don't have any sauce to can cause the girls found it when I told them to make their own dinner. My sauce wound up on rice with cheese on top. Oh well. I guess I was makin it for them to eat, I just thought it would be sometime after summer was over. You know, when we weren't eatin out of the garden and needed something warm to remind us of summertime.

I did manage to catch the Hubby as he was pullin the tomato and pepper relish out and smacked his behind, so he put it back and opened the last jar of last years from my aunt. He says mine is better, but I think he's just playin it smart. I know hers is better, she's been makin them for years, but he's a smart man to say mine are better. I do all the cookin! LOL!

I have a jar of mexican sour gherkins to can as well. They are these tiny little cucumbers that look like barbie doll watermelons and have a slightly sour lemon flavor. I'm gonna can them as sweet lemon pickles so they'll taste like sweet and sour pickles and put them back for our thanksgiving dinner. I am hoping to get about 4 or 5 jars from the few vines that we have growing. If we like them, I will start 30 vines next year instead of 10 like this year.

I have more tomatoes and squash to pick tomorrow, so maybe I can pull off the sauce before my cannin class tomorrow night. I have half a chicken to turn into chicken noodle soup and of course everyone wants homemade noodles. So I guess I'll make a batch up in the morning while the chicken carcass is boilin to make my broth.

I'm gonna grab a cup of tea and relax with my cannin books to look for some new recipes!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page