Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  2:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
hi all,

My son just wrote that the news media is blowing this flu out of proportion. They want us to be anxious. They feed us what they want us to hear.

He also said more people have died from other flu.

We are having nice weather. Tiger Lilies are up a few inches. Chamomile too. Saw some Peppermint and Spearmint up also. They are all

protected against the house so they got a head start. I'm so ready for nice weather.

Stay well, wash hands often and don't touch your face. Love n Prayers for all.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  2:43:20 PM  Show Profile
Patsy...your son is right...the News Media and certain others are hyping this all up. We lose thousands of people every year from the regular flu right here in
the United States. So, 12 dead is really a drop in the bucket compared to regular flu. Keeping this all in perspective is only common sense. Since WA State
is right across the Ocean from China...we get a lot of people traveling in and out from China. I was really shocked myself just how many thousands of people
travel back and forth from China to the U.S. and the U.S. to China daily. It is thousands. And Seattle is the Port they use. My Son and Grand-daughters and
my ex-husband and his wife live in Seattle...so they are all a bit more freaked out about it than those of us closer to Oregon State. It just is common sense
not to hang around sick people anyway...and to wash your hands in hot water and use hand sanitizer this time of year is just good protection from any virus

Denise...I got your Sunshiney Sweet Card yesterday and will write back soon. It was lovely to get snail mail!!! Love You Girl!!!
I didn't know that you had knee surgery or else if I did I forgot it. I hope it heals quickly and well!! Prayers and love to you.

Okay, off to pay for my car taps. Hope you all have a better weekend than us, weather-wise. The rain is going to make all our
beautiful Cherry Blossoms come down too fast. I enjoy them so much...that I hate when the weather rushes them to fall.
We only have them for about two weeks in sunny weather as it is.

Hugs and smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2020 :  8:19:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies
Been a while since I have been on here life has been busy I fell a few weeks ago on the ice and hurt my wrist so I have had a splint, and now occupational therapy for six weeks. And of course with this virus school has been a hot mess. Our governor is considering closing school for six to eight weeks. We were thinking maybe two weeks. Our school is trying to decide how to educate our students. We are not sure if we can do online learning how that would work,or will we be going in summer, our larents are very uneasy and don t get me started about going to grocery store. I Wil, refrain from my thoughts

I pray you are all well please take care of yourselves
I am off to bed
Love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2020 :  09:46:09 AM  Show Profile
They're here!!!!

Chelsea had a baby girl. She looks and acts just like her mother - ornery!!!

Wiki had a baby boy on her birthday!! He looks a lot like mama too.

Foxy had a shy little girl that looks nothing like her :)

And Kaycee had a boy - he looks like mom too.

The next one is due on St. Patty's day. Funny thing is last year she had a baby girl on St. Patty's day! We'll see what happens this year but I'm guessing she'll be late. She doesn't look ready yet, but I've been wrong before.

Got a chance of snow tonight but it was nice and spring like for a few days.

Tammy - Ohio has closed all K-12 schools for at least 3 weeks. It will be reconsidered depending on "conditions on the ground" when the 3 weeks are up. Ohio is now up to 13 cases so it's hard saying what 3 weeks will bring.

Just out of curiosity is everyone out of toilet paper or is it just an Ohio thing to hoard TP? My sister in law went to Sams club last week and said people had carts full of TP but nothing else - not even food. Not sure what the use will be for all the TP if they don't have food to eat (nothing in - nothing out, right?).

Well, I need to find something for lunch. Have a great weekend everyone.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2020 :  10:35:30 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for all the sweet pics of the mama's and their babies Heather! Loved them all. Made my day.

Went to Walmart and they were CRAZY. Full parking lot and still full after Jason had taken me out to eat first!

All rice and dry beans were gone! Crazy people! Never saw so many bare shelves EVER! Got what I needed and got out of there.

We also have 4 weeks of closed schools here in KY. They will be ready after 2 weeks I bet. Ya. Let's take out kids out of school and

make them safer in Daycares! LOL not funny but...

Just wash your hands people...

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2020 :  1:25:24 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

We woke up to snow this morning...after 2 weeks of Spring...and walking every day in a T-shirt and jeans...winter decided to finely make an appearance. I told Jami Bolton
that if the snow is still here tomorrow, I talked the UPS Driver into shipping it to her in Texas. She Loves the Stuff!! LOL. Me...NOT SO MUCH!!

Teacher Tammy...so good to have you back on the Porch. Our Schools here in WA State are closed until April 24th. We have our first 3 cases in Vancouver...at The Hospital my
Best Friend works at. But our State has had the most deaths. Larry and I are hunkering in. Trying not to expose him to anything. I feel healthy now that I am back to walking
and dieting. Next week it is suppose to be back to Spring weather again. I got 4 good walks in last week. Between 3-5 miles most days. And I did from a 37 incline (hill) tp
a 66% incline hill. I only had to stop once on that last one and sip some water. So, I felt good about that. Not too out of shape!! Today I will by Diamond Painting as I am
not one to walk in the snow or rain.

Heather...I love those Pictures of the NEW Babes!! I like the shy one with the white Heart on it's head. You know me...I have a thing for Hearts!! Thanks for sharing!!
Your pictures are always so special!!

Patsy...The stores are CRAZY! I am pretty stocked up...but Safeway is only a block away as well as Target.
Stay Safe, warm and nesting with a good book!!!

Love, Hugs and Winter Joy (or not),
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2020 :  5:16:02 PM  Show Profile
Hello Hello Girlies! Heather, thank you for the joy in pictures. And I knew Peggy would spot that HEART on baby's head when I saw it. Such sweet babies. I've been taking lots of naps in the afternoon. When I feel sleepy, I don't fight it, I just go for it. It keeps me healthy! Whenever we go out I come back and wash my eyes out, use my Nettie pot for my nose and make a hot cuppa tea. If I still feel unsure before bed, I take 1 tablet of Aka-Seltzer Plus. Sleep like a baby and no sniffles next day. I've been Praying for all of you, day and night and will continue! Be safe! If you don't have to go out...DON'T!!!
Love to you all and EXTRA Hugs&Squeezles!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  07:50:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi everybody! I see you are all having the same virus situations as us. My grandson was supposed to go to Washington state for his engineering class. Of course that got cancelled. He is a senior and graduates this year. He was disappointed, but what can you do? All the rest of the classes will be on line. Who knows about graduation, wait and see I guess. I just can't believe the way people are literally clearing the shelves of everything in the stores. Hoarding everything, like they will never get to go shopping again.Everyone should have enough toilet paper for the whole year!There was one lady in a wheel chair, just crying. I stopped and talked to her. She was so upset because there was nothing left in most aisles. I helped her find some things in the freezer section. I felt so bad for her.

I understand that the news needs to keep us informed, but they are inducing mass hysteria around here. Every few mins. on TV they are updating, showing the empty shelves and warning people if another person is suspected to have it. Am I way off base here or do other people think the media is making this into a media frenzy?

I am sorry to vent a bit here, but I guess I just need some sensible Farm Girl talk!

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  08:28:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies---checking in from the holler. Those are beautiful cows and their babies. Cows are one animal that I don't love---because I feel sorry for them as the boy babies will get eaten. I have never wanted to get attached to a cow---and I'm sure I would. I have gotten so I can just barely nibble on meat and I feed it to the dogs when hubby isn't looking. West Virginia has gone crazy shopping and wiping out stores also. Our schools are closed indefinitely. My husband works at Sam's Club and it is crazy with all the shoppers---many of them are yelling because the toilet paper is out of stock. So silly---there is no shortage of it. People just see it on TV and think they have to hoard it too. Hubby is set to retire March 27 and he will quit sooner if the virus is announced to be in WV. So far we are the only state with no cases---but I feel sue that there are people here with it. One silly lady he works with went on a cruise to the Bahamas last week. People will just not listen. I have had food stocked up for just this purpose for several years and we will just stay down here and only go where we have to. It is the animals I worry about keeping fed. And when summer comes we will have garden food and I know how to forage. I always read about you's guys lives and feel like I know you all. Stay safe and hunker down. I will be reading your comments. God bless you and keep you in these uncertain times. Remain calm and put your trust in God---not man.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  10:12:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Hi Barbara, Good to see you. Welcome!
I feel that the stores need to set limits on how many of an item each person can buy, not let them buy goo-gobs of everything. If people are gluttonous, shame on them, the stores will have to set controls for them! They use to set limits when they had meat sales, why not tp! And I don't think ANY of us are going to starve. Our pantry's are already full, more than likely. As my Air Force Nephew said...TURN OFF the TV!!!
There, I'm off my soapbox!! *giggle*
Make it a Great SonDay!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  12:22:31 PM  Show Profile
Blessed SONday to each of My Porchies...

Judy...you know me well bud...I Love to see hearts on Animals. It is like God gave them a Special Marking so people would be drawn to them.
It works for me every time!!! The entire hoarding of products at the stores is just crazy!!! And I agree they should put limits on how much they
can purchase. I was talking to my neighbor today and she works at Walmart. She said that each line goes from the front of the store all the
way to the back of the store on every shift. The Walmarts here have decided to close every night at 8:oo pm so they can restock shelves. Because
when they try to do it during the day, people take the product right out of their hands or right out of the boxes before they can put them on the
shelves. Yesterday a couple in her line at work had 4 baskets full of product between them and they complained through the whole transaction
about all the stuff they couldn't find on the shelves. Can you imagine what the second coming of Christ will be like??? I'm glad that the Saved will
be taken up to heaven and won't have to suffer through the fights over hoarding...etc.

Barbara...you come vent any time you want to. This is a safe place to do that. We have to stick together!! I have been posting lots of Humorous stuff
on FB just to lighten the mood and get people's minds off the Crisis we are all facing. Christians will make it through this just fine because we put our
hope and trust in Jesus Christ. And we watch out for each other. ~ I feel the same way that you do about cows, bunnies and other Farm animals. I
probably would make a poor farmer as I would want to keep them all for my pets. Maybe that is why God made me allergic to all Farm Animals!!! He
does have a great sense of humor, doesn't He? Please don't just lurk...hop on every so often and share your feelings, concerns, love and personal stories.

MaryJane...Tell your son, that we feel bad here in WA State that we are keeping people out...but it is because we were the first State with the Virus and we
have had the most deaths. It is not a good place to come visit yet...for any reason. PLUS, ALL our schools are closed down until April 24th. Better to be
safe than sorry. I hope your State stays free from the Virus, but I doubt that will happen. BUT we can HOPE, and pray for you all!!!

Judy...there is enough to good stuff to watch on Tv than News. And if NOT there are always a good book or two. LOL Did you finish the Series you were
reading????

Love and Praying for YOU all My Beloved Friends,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  1:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
It all just boils down to Common Sense!! People lack it. They NEED it! Badly..

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  7:17:27 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,
Hope you have a great Sunday. We have a mandatory meeting after school to plan how to handle if we close school. Can I just say people are nuts at the stores we are pretty stocked but I am trying to help my mom and remind her to not go out in crowds with all her health issues. Church was explained that we will not cancel but it will depend on what our governor says about crowdand numbers allowed and that changes daily.
I just know God is in control and while I have stress and bit of anxiety with all of it,I just pray.
I left you some brownies no calorie kind eat up ladies I needed to do bake to clear my head.
Love and bless,ings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  7:18:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,
Hope you have a great Sunday. We have a mandatory meeting after school to plan how to handle if we close school. Can I just say people are nuts at the stores we are pretty stocked but I am trying to help my mom and remind her to not go out in crowds with all her health issues. Church was explained that we will not cancel but it will depend on what our governor says about crowdand numbers allowed and that changes daily.
I just know God is in control and while I have stress and bit of anxiety with all of it,I just pray.
I left you some brownies no calorie kind eat up ladies I needed to do bake to clear my head.
Love and bless,ings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  12:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
I made some Oat Candy, some call it no bakes but hey, no flour in it, it's candy.

I needed to do something cause I'm frustrated too. People are crazy and you can't help them at all.

Put that candy in an oatmeal container cause it was empty and it was great for the candy. Cool idea huh?

Hey was going to throw it away anyhow. Not the candy.. lol

Took it over to my neighbor that has 2 girls. I only like that stuff when it's warm and gooey before it sets up..

I know.. I'm weird, but hey, takes all kinds in this crazy world we live in, right?

Have a safe and cozy day. Raining here. Ya.. tea time..

Good to see you Tea Tammy..

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  4:02:30 PM  Show Profile
Peg, I'm on the last of the Father Tim books, #9. I also have 'Come Rain Or Come Shine,' which is about Dooley and Lace's wedding. That ought to be fun. PLUS I have Father Tim's journal of favorite quotes called 'Patches of GodLight!' Who knows what I'll jump into next. Wish I could find another GREAT series like that one. Maybe I'll try to find some other Jan Karon books and see if I like them.
Tammy, thank you for the brownies.
Patsy, a Sissy after my own heart...love oat candy warm and gooey too!
Make it a Great day Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2020 :  07:31:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi friends! Just checking in. Life is a whirlwind here, as I am sure it is for all of you! I posted this on Facebook, but wanted to share it with you.... and I totally stole the idea from Sabrina!

Things I'm excited about in the next few weeks:

Time to focus on family relationships and reestablish good routines and habits

Spring cleaning

Baby goats, chicks, and ducklings

Finishing long unfinished craft projects and homestead projects

Working on 4H projects with my blessings (aka children)

Yes, my children are always home, but with extras canceled, we have several more hours available and I'm choosing to see the positive!

I know we live in uncertain times, but none of this is a surprise to God! I am trusting Him and embracing these days at home He is giving us!

Love you all <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2020 :  12:21:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

I just got back from the Grocery Store and it wasn't to Crazy!! The only empty spots were the Paper Products Shelves. So, I was
able to get everything I wanted and needed. It was freaky in the fact that nobody was talking to each other. Everyone was walking
around like Zombies. The only people who spoke were employees. I asked a guy if he could please move his cart so I could get
by him...and he gave me a dirty look. I was in a good mood! ~ I have been walking every day...trying to keep my exercising up
and get some fresh air. Yesterday, I had taken my vest off and laid it across Snickers Dog Stroller...all of a sudden I noticed It
was missing. So, I backtracked trying to find it...thinking it couldn't have been too far back or I would have missed it sooner.
Wrong, it was a good mile and a half back. A lady had found it and hung it over her mailbox. Thank You Lord, for watching over
me. The vest was given to me by my step-daughter for my last birthday...and it's Purple...so I really wanted to find it. I was
able to tjhank her and do the rest of my walk. Which was over 4 miles yesterday. Today's will be shorter as I over pushed my
self yesterday, speed walking back to find my vest. There was no stopping for picture taking. LOL

Teacher Tammy...thanks for the brownies!! Did your Bible Study get canceled due to the Virus? Mine did...but only because we
meet at a Sr, Estates and they locked it down. If the President is right and this continues through July or Aug. I am going to be
sad not to Teach and not to be able togather with my sisters. Even the two Churches we go to have closed down. One is a small
Church and one a Mega Church. So, even though we are retired and our lives are normally on the slow side...I is weird not to be
able to meet with your Christian Friends,

Judy...I tried some of Jan Karon's other books and I just couldn't get into them. I kept wanting to put the Midford Characters into
the stories. LOL I mean, you feel like they are family after reading so many of the books, right? ~ I love Oatmeal No Bakes. I like
them both ways, gooey and set. I never bake them any more but my friend Patti makes them every Christmas and she gives me a
big tin of them.

Patsy...if. you ever have no-bakes to give away...I'll take them off your hands for you!! LOL

Shannon...I would play your little game but like I said, Being Retired is like being able to do whatever you want, whenever you want on
any given day. So nothing has really changed for us except shopping. LOL

Well, I hear that my husband is finally up and moving around so I guess I better finish up my MJF Posts and FB. I am going to need a nap
before I go walk...as I only got 5 hours sleep last night. I am working on a Wedding Diamond Painting for my Friends and so I am staying
up later than normal and listeining to Audible Books while I work on it. It is a Very Large Picture and will probably take me a month to
complete it.

TAKE CARE GIRLIES AND DO SOMETHING YOU ENJOY DOING!!!

LOVE, HUGS, AND JOY,
PEGGY

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2020 :  06:40:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Yes, it is crazy everywhere. I have been trying to stay off facebook. Then I decided I would just take the people off my feed who only share this virus stuff. It's what makes everything worse. I mean if I really want to know all that I can find the information all by myself without everyone posting their version or helpful hints. FB isn't fun anymore and I only got on to keep up with my family.
I don't know what's up with all the tp except maybe they are planing to resell or something. Who knows.
I went to grocery shop yesterday and the parking lot was full up so I decided if there were that many people in there I didn't want to go in. I went to Aldi's got what I needed and headed out. There was hardly anyone in there.

Judy,
I have read the Father Tim books by Jan Karon. I really enjoyed them. I also like Phillip Gulley's books too.

Patsy, Thanks for the reminder about the No Bakes. I have not made those in so long.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 18 2020 09:13:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2020 :  11:16:33 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
I hear ya Denise. FaceBook was a way for me to stay connected to family too! But so many use it for venting family problems. I say KEEP it to yourself!

I blocked a lot of my own family for that very reason. Don't need drama. Just connections.

Rainy and dark here today. Fairy lights brighten my day and Jesus brightens my heart.

Love n prayers for you all. Take care, stay well.

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2020 :  2:28:24 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,
Just taking a bit of break. My school is closed for two weeks but we were instructed to send all personal items hi e with our students. Mire than likely we will probably not have school, in the classroom for rest of year. We made packets and have remote learning for our students and every two weeks it will be reevaluated but our principal is on hospital board and said it is not likely we will be back in session. We can go to school but mjst be in classroom and our staff is at limit of ten. So tomorrow we help get packets out and then we work from home. I am sad to not see my butterflies we are small Christian school where distance ,earning is hard but we are finding ways to help them learn and making sure they have childcare and food.

YES Peggy no bible study until after Easter but we will see but I am doing my own quiet time.

Y'all stay healthy and have some cookies today I bake and read in times like these#128513;

Love and hugs
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2020 :  11:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Hi all- Yes - I agree regarding FB...AND the news I am now forcing myself to only take in 30 minutes first thing in the morning! We are fortunate - DH and I both work in Atlanta, but have jobs where 'remoting' is possible, so we've retreated to the safety and peace of the farm 120 miles away (still have a house in Atlanta getting ready to see if anyone's interested! :) ). I'm spending a LOT more time at the computer right now, but so grateful to have my evenings to get things done. We've been moving here for 2 years, and so many little areas need to be cleaned up and organized - along with getting ahead of the blooming weeds, and starting the garden. SO excited - my first chickens arrive next week!

Grocery opens at 6am tomorrow - so going to leave at 530 hoping I can get in and out with recently stocked shelves and low contact (84 yo Mom lives with us!), and hit the dump on the way back. 8 am conference call after that!

So blessed to have found this farm, and this group. You all are wonderful, and I wish you all safety and great health!

D

It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter

Edited by - ChikinsR4dinner on Mar 19 2020 12:03:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2020 :  12:05:59 PM  Show Profile
WELCOME TO THE PORCH...CHIKINSR4DINNER!!! So, glad that you found us...and hope you will come back and share a little more
about yourself. This is a Great Group of Farmgirls here.

Teacher Tammy...I think our Schools will end up being canceled for the rest of the year too. Just because we our State has had so
many deaths and so many people come down with the Virus. I kind of feel sorry for all the Seniors both in High School and College
who are going to miss out on a lot of Fun and Cool Events...Like Graduation for one. But, I think everyone needs to be careful with
the Heal of the Older relatives. ~ Yes, my Bible Study is also canceled which is so sad. I am kind of thinking about doing it remotely
bit haven't decided yet. This is the first time in 30 years we have had to cancel. And we have always turned Bible Study into Crafting
and that will be out too it looks like.

Denise...I know what you mean about FB. I just keep passing over all the negative (I hear enough of that on the News) and enjoy the
jokes about it. I would rather laugh than get depressed any day. Like you, I joined FB to keep in even closer communication with my
kids and to steal all the cute pictures of my Grandkids...from their parents. LOL. Hang in there girl!! If people aren't complaining about
the Virus, they complain about politics and The President. That drives me more Insane than all the rest. I don't like the Drama either
and most people can be really mean.

Patsy...where do you have your Fairy Lights hung up at? I have some I rotate around at different Holidays And then I have some sea glass lights
in my Bedroom. I enjoy them too.

I am not much in the mood to Clean...though my Apt. wishes I would get with the Program. I have been doing the necessities only. And then I walk,
Diamond paint and do my computer stuff and then nap. My husband and I watch TV together in the Evening and I Facetime with my grandkids. And
that is pretty much my day. Other than running a few errands as needed.

Hope you all have a Lovely Day and Enjoy whatever you find to do that brings you Peace and Calmness.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2020 :  3:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Walhalla! You will love it here. Come back soon. Congrats on new chickies! Love my 3 hens and fresh eggs. What you doing with yours?

Peggy: I have a string of clear lights strung along the ceiling around my living room. So nice when I just want a lil light and not flood my eyes. lol

We are under a tornado watch till 11 pm. No wonder, its 73 here right now. Flash flood watch too. Got 3 eggs from my girls today.

Not listening to the news since it's the same yammer all day long.. made a bread pudding. want some?

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2020 :  4:14:07 PM  Show Profile
OOh, Patsy I'll take some bread pudding. Love that stuff. Prayers you are safe and sound through the storm.

Welcome ChikinsR4dinner! Hope you'll come back and visit more.

Been painting today. I have to look into that diamond painting Peggy. I keep meaning to.
Have also been working on some puzzles I received for Christmas.

Staying away from the news.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page