Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2019 :  12:01:41 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Reversed my fans for the winter season. Can't believe we get to do fall things and get outside more. Loving it! 60s today..

Glad I got my greenhouse cover off with Jason's help Saturday, 'cause we got rain right after that. Broke the drought! Got a chance of rain this
Saturday also, Got my rain barrels emptied and put away. Been collecting flower seed. Plants I want inside are in. Things are looking up.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2019 :  5:00:23 PM  Show Profile
Great news Patsy. I'm glad you finally got some rain and are getting so much done. This is such a wonderful time of year, isn't it? I love living in an area where I can enjoy all four seasons. I just love to go out in this cooler weather and take deep breaths of the nice, crisp air. It's just so refreshing. I have gathered a lot of hickory nuts this year. My son wanted some and there was plenty for me, too.
My little puppy is growing and learning more every day. She also has learned how to give one of the nastiest looks I have ever seen. She will stand with her front legs apart, tip her little head down and glare. It is so funny to see her do this. She is up to three pounds now and a little firecracker.
Hope all of you farmgirl friends are doing great. Hugs.

Farmgirl 7774

Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2019 :  5:44:35 PM  Show Profile
It's been a little bit since I've been here on the porch. A week ago this past Thursday JT had an accident at work. Got a call from my daughter to call her and when I did she told me he was on his way to Cooper which is one of the larger hospitals here and an hour away. He had done something to his hand. I met her at my house where my son in law came to pick me up and take me to Cooper. JT sent me a text from the ER trauma center to tell me where he was and so when we got there we found him but he wouldn't let me come back where he was because his injury was bad. So about 5 minutes after we got there our Pastor showed up. I had called a friend of mine and asked her to pray. She in turn called him and told him what we knew and where he was. My son in law just happened to be working with him that day. I am ever so glad he was. So the gist of it was he had part of his index finger on his left hand removed. Most of it actually. Today was the first day I saw it. It wasn't such a shock by now. But he has to keep the dressing on until Tuesday when he goes to get his stitches out. Hope I didn't give too much info. I apologize if I did. Could still use prayers for healing. I know many prayers have been lifted on his behalf and I am grateful. I'm also grateful that it wasn't worse then this because it surely could have been. I would have shared sooner but couldn't bring myself to go over it all.
Thanks for listening.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2019 :  3:27:26 PM  Show Profile
WOW Denise, that's scary! Prayers going up for you all!
Lori, Thank you for the puppy visual... made me giggle.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2019 :  4:36:16 PM  Show Profile
Denise, how is JT doing? Prayers for you all. It's always very scary to get news that someone has been hurt. Please keep us all informed on his condition. We got the dirt all leveled in the yard now and are ready to plant grass seed. I am so glad to get rid of the swimming pool and that ugly fence. It was blocking the beautiful view of the pond. Now we can sit at the dining room table and look out to a lovely view. Tomorrow we will plant the grass seed and get it coverer with straw.
We planted a peach tree 2 years ago and never got a single peach on it. I wonder if any of you can tell me why. Do I need to plant another peach tree by it to pollinate? I have no idea. Any advice is welcome.

Farmgirl 7774

Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2019 :  2:21:26 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...Oh, My Goodness I would love to just Scratch last week off the Calendar. Hubby had 1 Cataract removed and when he put the drops in at home...he stuck the nozzle of the bottle in his eye and put a huge abrasion down the new Lens. So, he had to go back to the Casey Eye Institute every day last week for check-ups. It is not an easy drive and takes an entire afternoon in Portland Traffic. He goes again Thursday and next week one day. I started doing the drops but he can still barely see from that eye. I have a gut feeling it may have to be redone.

Denise...I am so sorry about your husband's finger. It is scary! My husband had 3 cut off at an angle in a Plywood Mill years ago when
the wood he was working on got jammed in the saw. He wiggled it loose and it sucked his hand in with the wood. It will heal Girl but
he will experience a lot of Phantom Pain for years to come. That was on my husband's right hand too and it restricted his ability to drive School Bus which was a part time job he had. Were they able to re-attach the finger on Jt's hand? They couldn't for my husband.

Well, I need to go take my dog out. It is beautiful here today. Sunny and in the low 60's. The rest of the week it will be rainy.
Have a Beautiful Day!!

I saw on FB that Prairie Tammy got 20 inches of snow dumped on them. Doesn't the Weather just seem to be crazier every
Day???

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 14 2019 2:24:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2019 :  4:55:51 PM  Show Profile
Thank you girls. Jt is doing well. Hoping when they take the stitches out the swelling will finally go down.
Peggy,
no his finger was to bad to be able to do anything with it. He lost the tip and middle section. They took it to just below the knuckle. There is only about 1 in of the finger left. I am just so very grateful that nothing worse happened. He is back to work but doing very little. Just overseeing pretty much.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2019 :  5:42:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirl Friends. We got the yard where the pool was seeded and covered with straw now. It was a nice size section that we had taken care of but it sure is looking good. I am just getting over a cold and am so glad it didn't last as long as usual.

Peggy, it sure does sound like you had a real bad week. Prayers for you and your husband. If you are like me you just hate to drive when there is very much traffic. Is your husband in a lot of pain?

Denise, I'm glad to hear that your husband is doing better. It's too bad they couldn't do anything with it and had to take most of it off. When my husband cut his big toe off there was a little flap of skin that was still attached and they were able to sew it back on. Long recovery for that one. Still praying for you both.

The month is flying by and the nights are getting colder. Good sleeping weather. I love to sleep in a cool room.

Farmgirl 7774

Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2019 :  12:32:53 PM  Show Profile

Kricket wanted to see the camera LOL!!

Cute kitten

Another cute kitten (it's a different one than before)

I tried to take some senior pictures of my nephew. It was pouring rain all morning and the sun never came out, but here's a couple I think are pretty good.

For some reason they don't like to smile. My mother in law told me their mom was the same way.

Denise and Peggy - sorry to hear of your husbands troubles! Praying for a speedy recovery for both of them.

Lori - I agree - great sleeping weather. The cows think so too - they don't want to get up in the morning for milking. I think it being darker has something to do with it too.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2019 :  7:55:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh Heather, the pictures turned out wonderful. How on earth did you get the cats to pose in such cute ways? Are you a photographer? Adorable. All of the pictures are wonderful. Some people just don't like smiling for pictures. I have a grandson that went through the cheesy smile phase. So funny.
Such a beautiful day today. Cool and breezy. It was magical to listen to the wind blow through the trees in the woods. Such a restful sound. The beauty of nature.
Hope you all have a wonderful evening.

Farmgirl 7774
Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2019 :  2:20:40 PM  Show Profile
Heather, great pics.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2019 :  5:16:31 PM  Show Profile
Great pictures Heather! Thank you for the prayers for recovery.

We went to the doctor's yesterday and she said she was very happy with the healing. She didn't take the stitches out, apparently they come out on their own. JT will start rehab on Monday. 2-3 times a week for 6 weeks. The doctor also told him it could take up to a year but most likely 6 months for the swelling to go down. At rehab they will show him how to wrap it to help with the swelling and also she wants him to wrap it when working to keep it protected as well as keeping any thing from causing infection. It still has some spots that aren't scabbed over. He does need to keep it unwrapped when at home so it will scab over and continue healing. I was surprised it had healed so well in such a short time. Tomorrow will only be two weeks since it happened.
So as you say Lori a long recovery. He still has pain. Some that feel like electrical shocks. Doctor says that is the nerves. I do so appreciate your prayers everyone.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2019 :  10:46:27 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Love all the pics Heather!

So glad for good news about JT! Will be a long process, but one day at a time is how I live... just takes time.

Lori, I'm loving the cooler weather too! Nothing like nature. I miss my forest where I used to live. Loved hearing the "windsongs" blowing through the trees!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2019 :  11:29:00 AM  Show Profile
Denise... that is really good news about JT! Seems like six months to a year is a long time but it isn't really in the whole scheme
of things. I forgot to ask what kind of job he does??? That nerve pain is hard. I have that with my Fibro and it is not FUN! I
do not remember Physical Therapy being part of my husband's protocol...but it must have been. We will keep JT in our prayers.
And you too, as it is just as hard on the wife in many ways.

Heather...your pictures are great. I think your Animals smile more than the kids you were taking pictures of. LOL My youngest
son can be that way. He always looks like he is Mr. Sober-sides...which is weird because he is one of the funniest people I
know. You have to take pictures of him when he isn't looking! LOL To capture a smile. Anyway...you took really nice pictures
of them despite their seriousness.

Lori...It is rainy here...mind if I send some your way??? I love the cooler weather but not the rain. It is so miserable to have to
be out in. I love to listen to the Wind in The Trees too. And in my wind chimes! I should go out and put my Porch away for
the Winter but I have talked myself out of it until it stops raining. It ranks right up there with vacuuming and mopping the floors.
I can make all kinds of excuses to put those off until I can't stand it any longer. LOL Once the dog is stuck to the floor then
I know I must go take care of the problem. LOL

Patsy...don't you have Forrest around where you live now? I thought you were out in the Country.

My hubby just took off for the Eye Surgeon's Office. I hope he has a better report on how his eye is healing up. I'm tired
of having to put in all those drops.

I guess I better get off and go finish painting my nails. and making sure that I have everything ready for Bible Study tonight.

Have a Wonderful Fall Day My Porchies...I'm loving the Color of Fall.

Love, hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2019 :  11:34:11 AM  Show Profile
Heather... love all the picks. Thanks for sharing.
Continued Prayers for the hurting(and their spouses)*giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2019 :  06:05:12 AM  Show Profile
Patsy,
Yes that is what I am learning. Just to take one day at a time. And make each day the best one.

Peggy,
We own a security type business and JT installs security gate operators. There is a lot of manual labor and power tools. God bless my son in law who was with him when it happened and after my brother in law went home after the first week filling in on jobs for JT my son in law took a week of his vacation so he could work with JT too. My dear brother in law is coming back this weekend to help him for this upcoming week. I don't know what we'd do with out family. My sister, who passed in 2013 picked a gem of a guy when she married Dave. His family lives in NY and he comes down whenever we need him. After she passed he lived with us from 2015 -2018 until after my dad passed. He wanted to be with my dad as much as he could. They were with my parents in Florida for 27 years. Learning much about what is most important.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Oct 18 2019 06:12:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2019 :  1:09:52 PM  Show Profile
Denise...OH, Praise The Lord for Family that is there for each other!!! What a huge Blessing!! Most of my family is that way too and
it is so wonderful when you have that Blessing. It sounds like your BIL is just Amazing! I will give special thanks for him in my
prayers today! And yes, I can certainly see how your husband's job could be a dangerous one. Keeping you ALL in my prayers
Sweet Sister!!

My Bible Study last night was a really good time of being in The Word and lots of Laughter and sharing too. It was such a
nasty night with Thunder Storms...I wasn't sure how many would make it out. But we had 8 out of the 13...which was better
than I expected. One gal drives an hour and a half to come to Study and she was there. So Proud of her!! She just got
married this month and her and her husband know the importance of a close-knit Bible Study Group. He is a fabulous man and
I couldn't be happier for them.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Do some fun things with your family! Make these Holiday Months The Best of Your Life!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2019 :  5:15:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi my Farmgirl Friends,
Denise, it is wonderful news that he is healing so well. Hope the pain subsides soon. Glad to hear that family is coming out to help with things. What a blessing.
Peggy, glad to hear your Bible study had such a good sized group even though the weather was bad. True dedication. My husband and I go to church. We don't have a Bible study per say. We only live 1 1/2 mile from the church. It's a small country church and not a lot of people go. That is one thing I like about it. Also my brother and sister-in-law go there too. I get to see them on Sunday at church.
We had a heavy frost here this morning. BRRRRR. We still have not gotten the fire going in the furnace. We are built into a hill so we are well insulated,
We plan on getting our new doors and screen doors in before winter hits. We are waiting on siding samples so we can match the door to the samples. So much work to be done yet. We will wait til spring for the siding but we really need to get the doors in. Ours are in pretty bad shape.

Farmgirl 7774

Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2019 :  5:16:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, We have had 3 days out of the 40's and 50's and into the 70's. It's felt so good to feel the suns warmth and be outside in a long sleeve shirt without having to have on a jacket. I've been wearing 3 layers at a time lately when we go shopping or out to eat. So today was really nice. We are expecting rain Tuesday, but tomorrow promises another day in the low 70's. We shall see what God says. *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2019 :  7:06:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirl Friends. Rain here today. It makes it seem colder than it really is. Yesterday was just so wonderful. Sun was shining and the air was warm. My oldest son came out Saturday evening and found a huge puff mushroom in the woods. He is going to cook it up and eat it. We have never tried one before but I here that they are good. He has researched how to cook it and different recipes to try with this type of mushroom. He has also made sauerkraut in quart jars as well as fermented garlic cloves in honey.

Hard to believe that October is nearing an end. Time is going by so fast. I can't keep up with it. I think the older I get the faster time goes.
Hope all of you are doing well and are feeling blessed.

Farmgirl 7774

Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2019 :  09:04:38 AM  Show Profile
I'm only going to be on here for a minute, but wanted to update you guys and try to make a long story short... On Wednesday, we found out we lost our baby, just prior to 20 weeks. They started an induction that night. On Thursday my uterus ruptured... emergency cesarean and hysterectomy. Lost over 2/3rds of my blood. After multiple units of blood and many days in ICU, I am home... without my baby, unable to ever have more children, but home with my family. We have a long road ahead of us, and are asking for prayers <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2019 :  7:17:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon I am so sorry. God bless you and be with you during this time of grief. Prayers for you dear friend. My heart breaks for you.

Farmgirl 7774

Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2019 :  7:48:33 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I'm so sorry to hear that! Prayers being sent up for you and your family!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2019 :  11:41:43 PM  Show Profile
Shannon dear, I'm so very sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you and the family...as each child is a blessing from
God! Just know I am praying for you all...but especially YOU, as you went through so much physical pain already and
now the emotional pain will be the most difficult. May you feel God's arms wrapped around you in love and comfort.

Prayers and Love,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2019 :  12:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Prayers and complete healing dear Shannon!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page