Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2019 :  11:22:22 AM  Show Profile
I have not been here much. I had to post this for ya'll. Brought back memories of childhood for me.
Hugs ! Connie #3392
Go to Top of Page

strength.dignity
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jamie
WAUSAU WI
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2019 :  2:51:51 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies!
It has been a looong time since I have been able to sit down and catch up. You ladies are truly amazing and inspiring. When it seems as if life gives you all you can handle, you have the strength to keep going. I enjoyed reading all of your updates and seeing all of the cow photos. I sure wish we could have more animals, I think my husband is glad that we can't.

Shannon- I hope your infusion went well. I can't imagine not feeling well, and having to continually go to summer activities. You are a very strong lady. It is just my hubby and I right now, hopefully someday we will have a child. God just hasn't blessed us with that miracle yet.

Life here, in what I refer to as our zoo, has been really busy.

Most of May Phil and I have been helping my parents move up north. We had a moving sale the second weekend in May, following that has been filled with boxing items up. My mom has a really hard time of letting things go. She filled a 20 foot enclosed trailer with only holiday decor (she has more up north), my dad was not pleased. I know in the near future we will be heading up north to help her unpack and donate more items so she can organize better. The cottage is about 1/2 the size of their home and it was already filled with stuff as my grandfather used to live there. Yesterday, my childhood home went up for sale. It is strange to see it totally empty. We sold my grandparents home in February and now my parents home, sometimes change happens to fast.

June came and went like it was never even here. The last week of May we decided to burn our brush pile that Phil created during the winter months. He cut down a few more trees in our yard to make room for my apple trees. I am super glad we didn't just start that brush pile on fire. We started a smaller fire and added to it. While we were taking brush out of the larger pile a female mallard flew out of the pile. We stopped and started searching the pile for where she might have possibly had a nest. We were unable to find a nest.... until we had the pile almost totally torn apart. In the nest were 5 eggs. We hoped that the mama would come back so we carefully moved the eggs out of the way of the fire and put them in a safer spot within 10 feet of the original nest. We left them overnight in hopes that the mama would come back. I checked on the eggs the next morning and the mama never did return as the eggs were cold and the little amount of pine needles I put on top were not disturbed. I could not just let the eggs sit there and die if they had not already. So I took them inside and placed them in my incubator. Out of the 5 eggs, 4 eggs hatched! It was my first time ever incubating/hatching eggs. They are such a handful, but they are adorable! With them, we now have 6 ducks along with my parents 2 ducks. In a couple of weeks we will be bringing my parents ducks up north as my dad built them a coop. The mallards are still so young that at night they go in our 3 season room in a pack-n-play, during the day they go in our dogs old kennel. Hopefully when my parents ducks move I will be able to put the mallards in with my ducks born in April.

The last two weeks at our home has been filled with drama. Remember last September we hosted a wedding in our yard? Well, unfortunately they are probably getting a divorce. They have had issues on and off pretty much since their wedding, but it has all come to a head. Long story short, he was caught sexting some girls because his wife wasn't giving him the attention he needed. Now he found out that she has been cheating on him for the last two months. The the guy she is cheating with has a dangerous criminal record. We became involved because the groom is a good friend of my husband. He wants to talk, sometimes until 2 in the morning like last night, and Phil is willing to listen. Phil and I have a hard time saying no sometimes, especially when it comes to family and friends. I just feel horrible for their two very young boys.

Besides all of that my other time has been filled with work, planting my garden and flowers, reading, and fixing things up around the house. I will try not to be such a stranger from now on so I don't have to write a novel. hahahaha

Enjoy some rhubarb lemonade and bread until we meet again.

~ Jamie
Farmgirl #7695

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2019 :  6:10:15 PM  Show Profile
Love the picture Connie. It is so true. We do need more front porch time.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2019 :  6:00:32 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for all of you who are going through physical difficulties and stresses. This heat really wipes me out.
Peggy I do hope and pray for you that your son will find a new place to live. It can't be easy I know.
Judy, I'm right there with you in not having insurance. I hope you can get answers from your MD.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2019 :  06:14:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Hope you all had a fabulous 4th! I finished up my infusions last week, and this week has been wonderful! I've actually had energy and feel alive! Rather than sleeping 12 to 14 hours a day, I'm only needing around 8-9. This is HUGE! I've also been able to deal with stress so much better! This past week has been the kids' last week of quilting class. I'm hoping they all get them done today! They've been asked to put them in the NE WY Quilt show the beginning of October.

The other day we got slammed with hail... I think that was Tuesday evening. Oh my it was bad! Parts of my garden has been destroyed! I had a duck sitting on eggs, that abandoned her eggs, and they were crushed. And out of 150 meat birds, only 35 were smart enough to be under cover and the rest were killed. Sigh. It was pretty devastating, but we also know it could have been so much worse!

Are any of you on Pinterest??? I would love to find some of you!!!

Connie - welcome back to the porch!

Jamie - I am so sorry about the drama :(

Peggy - hoping things have gotten better!

Judy - you are right - that was funny! But I sure do hope your doctor comes up with answers for you!

Denise - sorry you guys are dealing with so much heat! We are wet this year! Which I'm thankful on one hand, for, but I'm so tired of mosquitos, lol.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2019 :  4:58:19 PM  Show Profile
July is here and it brought the heat with it. We had storms today and there is a lot of tree damage around our area. I am thinking about planting some things in my garden that has a chance to ripen by fall. The spring has been so wet we couldn't even get a garden out.
Seems like time is going by so fast. I wish I could slow the days down and take some front porch time with my hubby and kids. Maybe watch the grandkids play in the yard and drink some sweet tea.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2019 :  10:52:01 AM  Show Profile
Hello Gals, So sorry to hear about all the storm damage and loss. That's so sad!
I'm so sorry Gals!
Connie, that pic you posted DID bring back so many memories.
Well, the MD put me on Synthroid. I was hoping for that. Now if it'll just work
Quickly for me so that my thyroid will get regulated...FAST!!!
I have noticed improvement in a few things. My eyebrows were so thin on the
outside edges that they were almost invisible. BUT with the nutritionists help,
they are filling in. The same with my hair at my temples. Yiippeeee!
Hey, it's the little things that count here. Hahaha
Oh, and it's amazing how cheap a doctors visit is when you don't have insurance and
They give you discounts and coupons.
Just goes to show you how they jack it up. Sad!
Our weather has become more manageable again, no 90's. That makes me really
happy. Mid 80's trumps 90's with me any day! *giggle*
While Patsy was here, we both got sinusitis. She actually went to a Stat Care
after she left here and found out what it was. All I want to do is sleep.
That's the best healer for me anyhow. I'm slowly coming out of it.
Well Porch-Buds, make it a Great day!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2019 :  12:22:26 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

It was a good 4th of July, kind of on the uneventful side...which isn't always a bad thing! LOL
For any of you on facebook...I post my activities and pictures there.

I can't remember if it was Jamie or Lori who asked who was on Pinterest...I am. I go in Spurts on
my postings but I do enjoy it.

Connie...I loved the Porch Picture...and I would love to see them come back to the footprint of our
houses. That was back when neighbors visited with neighbors and it was so much fun. The last house I
lived in with a real (large) Front Porch was in Spokane WA in the early 80's.

Well, hubby needs me...back later girls.

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2019 :  9:07:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. sounds like life has been busy for the rest of you, too.
Jamie, sounds like you have had a lot on your plate. I can remember when I walked in my parents home for the last walk thru. It was heartbreaking. Every time I would visit them I would walk in the door and say, " Got the coffee pot on"? When I walked into the empty house, I still said it. I was crying when I did but I just had to say it one more time. I'm so glad you were able to save the eggs and that they hatched. How wonderful.
Judy, It truly is the little things in life that matter. I'm glad they are getting your thyroid regulated. It can be miserable when it is acting up. I have never in my life had sinus problems. I have a friend that does and it makes her so sick.
Time seems to be flying by so fast this year but the older I get the faster it goes. I have been spending a lot of time out in the barn sorting through the totes that have been there since we moved here two years ago. Finding all kinds of treasures. Some of the things I had forgotten that I even had. LOL. Have a good all.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  09:12:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Life is crazy busy here! I started a traditional foods challenge the beginning of the month and am LOVING it!!! I've made cheese, cooked in traditional fats, soaked rice, started an apple chutney and started sour cream so far. My mornings are quite busy getting everything going, but so rewarding! For example, this morning I strained cheese, started the sour cream, checked on the apple chutney, and started soaking the quinoa. During the day we are working on Fair projects for 4H and going to classes.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  12:32:14 PM  Show Profile
Jaimie and Lori...I went through that same empty Childhood Home last Summer. I had lived there since 5th Grade. And
I might just add that was a very long time ago. My Mom had been in that same house 55 years and trust me she never
threw anything out. She had Beautiful Stuff but when we had the Estate Sale...nobody wanted the kind of things
my Mother had. Even her expensive Collectables...because young people today don't want a bunch of stuff to dust
and clutter their homes. I am afraid that I am just like my Mom and Aunt...we fill our homes with the things we
love and enjoy and then have to give it all away to thrift stores at Life's end. When I sold the house last Oct.
it was bittersweet. We had so many good and bad memories theory...but they were our memories! So, it was hard
that very last time I walk out for good.

Shannon...you sound busy as always girlfriend. I am so glad that you are feeling better and the Infusions worked
for you. That is answer to all our prayers! Just remember to take time and smell the Roses along life's way.

Judy...I am so sorry that you are having sinus problems and Thyroid problems. At least your primary care person
put you on something. Mine just shakes his head and says NO Peggy, you have bigger problems to worry about. But
he is retiring in June and I may have my new Dr. address that issue. My mom and Sister were on Thyroid most of
their adult lives. I sit right on the line between needing it or not! My hair has thinned so much and my skin
and nails have suffered too. So, I understand your happiness over your hair filling back in etc. I had to change my cut and how I wear my bangs.

I'm taking the dog in for his Summer Grooming today. He has been miserable on the warmer days or when I take him on 5 miles walks.

Have a Great Day Girls...make it a little happier for someone else.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 09 2019 12:35:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  5:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi all,

Judy: That WAS a good saying about the to young for Medicare and to old for the lemonade stand. Still LOL..
Sure hope you feel better fast! You work so hard at it, something should pay off huh?

I'm still coughing as if I never even had cough pills. Fern is starting to cough a bit too.. o great. Still looking for a place for her to live. Keep praying please.

Peggy: Sure hope your drama is more manageable now. That poor dog! Glad he got a new haircut.

Stay cool.We have this awful 90 weather. Ugh! Glad for A/C.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  7:53:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirl Friends,

PeggyAnn, I bet your dog is feeling a lot cooler now and is happy to have a haircut.

Patsy, I hope you are over your cough now. It's miserable to have a cough.

The temp was a little cooler today but supposed to go back up again. I let all of the dogs out to run and play today. They got in the pond a little bit and ran around the yard like maniacs. LOL. I love to watch them play. I have been sorting thru the boxes and totes in the barn. today I went through 3 totes and one box. Little by little it will get done. The staples came out today. He had a little trouble pulling the ones in the belly button as they did not want to come out. OUCH! The summer days are zooming by.
I have started working on decorating glass bottles for Fall décor. I used to do this all the time but today was the first day of working on glass bottles since the accident. It felt so good to be crafting again. I felt like I accomplished something today.
Have a wonderful evening.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  9:06:27 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Shannon!
Peggs, I grew up on a front porch like that picture. Loved your memories of your childhood home. The old things I have were handed down from my Great Grandmother and Granny and Great Aunt Mattie and my Holly doesn't want any of it! I may rent a booth in the antique mall and start selling some Of it. I always wanted to try that.
Hot July Heat has settled in here in West Tennessee! 105 heat index today! I made Lily June some Lemonade for tomorrow and we will do crafts! Too hot to go outside!
Hugs! Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Jul 09 2019 9:13:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  9:15:49 PM  Show Profile
Lori,can you post a picture of your glass bottles. Im glad your better
Connie!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  9:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Being a crafty person myself, I too would love to see pics of your bottles Lori.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  12:23:03 PM  Show Profile
Patsy...yes, my household family drama has eased up. No answered prayer yet on God providing someplace for my
son to move to. I've thought maybe I should give him Dorothy's Ruby Slippers so he could click his heels together
and see where he ends up...but then I figured he would still end up here because you Know, "There is No Place
Like Home" even when you are 41! LOL Sounds like you have a similar issue with a Family member Patsy? I guess
the Wizard of Oz is on my mind because I just finished a Diamond Painting of it. LOL

Lori...I must have missed something. Were you in an Accident?? ~ I too would love to see your glass bottles! I did
a couple a few years ago for fall that had glued fall leaves on them with raffia (not bottles/Mason Jars) and
raffia tied around the top. Then you put salt inside and set a votive candle inside. It looks so Fall Festive and
so pretty with the candlelight shining through the leaves. ~ And yes, Snickers is very Happy with his Summer Haircut.
But it has been cooler weather the last 2 days with showers. Ain't it the way???? LOL

Connie...darlen, so Happy to have you on the Porch. Please Stay!!! I have lived in several houses as a child with
the big Old 3 sided wrap around Porches...and those are my Favorite!!! I made mud-pies on the railings and also
tied ropes around the pillars of the rails and sat on the railing and pretended that was my Horse. Great Memories!
I am so surprised my Mother didn't fuss over the mud pies as she was a perfectionist about everything. BUT I
think when it came to wanting some peace and quiet while she read...she allowed a little Dirt once in a while. I
know the feeling...I give my son $ sometimes just so he will go away for a while. LOL ~ Your weather sounds ghastly
HOT. Smart of you to plan indoor fun for Lily June tomorrow. That kind of Hot Zaps the energy right out of you.

Our high today is suppose to be 77 with occasional rain. I'm tired of hurting so I am looking forward to tomorrow...
back up into the 80's. My type of Summer weather for sure!

Well, my lovelies. I'm back to doing some Diamond Painting and listening to a Book.

Have a Relaxing Day and Enjoy the Blessings that come your way!!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  7:16:35 PM  Show Profile
I'm almost finished with the second big bottle. I have finished two of the smaller ones also. I'm enjoying it so much. I haven't worked on bottles for a long time. When I get them finished I will take some pictures and let you all see them.

Farmgirl 7774
Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2019 :  4:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
My youngest son in Ca. in the air force just found out after months from taking his test that he made Tech Sgt! You go Justin! We are all so proud of him. He's got 4 more years before retirement. He's so ready to get out!

My other air force son just moved from Maryland to Ohio to finish out his last couple of years before he retires. So proud of my boys..

No luck finding house or apartment for Fern so far. She is going back to NC next week and unpack her stuff and stay there for awhile. Smart move..

So hot out there, I got sick from the heat just riding around and going in and out of A/C, plus never eat sketti on a hot day. Doesn't settle on the stomach to good. Should have just eaten the salad and let it go, but not me. Just HAD to have some sketti…. Dummy. lol (can hear my daddy saying that)

Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2019 :  8:22:52 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, please tell both of your sons that I said thank you for their service. You have every right to be proud of them. Both of my boys were in the
Army. My oldest was with Delta Force and my youngest was with the Ghost Riders. It has been unbearably hot here too. I love the A/C. It has me spoiled. LOL

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2019 :  9:21:41 PM  Show Profile
Peggs, I can just see you patting your mud pies and putting them on the rail to cool! Prayers you son can find a place of his own.
Judy happy you liked the picture!
Hot here all weekend. No rain! Im gonna get some sewing done. Making my grand daughter sone skirts for school. She loves a skirt with a pocket.Gonna be so hot here in August. She can just slip on a skirt and a tank top. Easy for my daughter to get her dressed and to school and she can get to work. Have a great weekend! Stay cool! Good thing about Summer, Tomatoes!! Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Jul 11 2019 9:30:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2019 :  09:39:01 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
My oldest son Jason, was in the army several years. All were in the desert. God kept them safe and brought them back to me.

Connie: All veggies taste best in summer! Been enjoying them for sure. Love me a good BLT!
Love my pockets in all things I wear too. In fact, I always look for pockets in a skirt when buying one.

Peggy made me cringe when she said she put those mud pies on the railing. If Judy or I had done that... well.... punishment would have been fast!

Lori: I wanna seeee...

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2019 :  12:21:59 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies,

It is Muggy and Warm here but almost overcast. That will clear off by 1 or 2 and then really heat up.
The humidity is really a factor for me...so, I am glad that I don't live in some of the states you girl
hail from. That high humidity would cause me to want to commit Harri-Karri. LOL

Connie...you are showing off those yummy tomatoes again!!! Now, I am going to have to go to the Store
and get me the fixens for a BLT. That sounds yummy! (again) ~ The problem about your suggestion of
my son finding his own place is great in Theory...but won't happen even if he does get SSD for his
gout because our state is the highest cost of living State in The U.S. Just to rent a Studio Apt is
over 1,000 a Month. Social Security Disability might pay him $850. a month if he gets it. He has been
denied 2 times already. Now, he has to take it into court. He has the worst kind of gout and he is just
one of those people whose body produces too much uric acid. So, even the medications they give a person
for that cause him to get worse gout. His feet are deformed and his elbows too from...the disease. He
doesn't go 1 month without one or two (or more) of flares. He has to go in for foot surgery in the next
month as gout has eaten away the cartilage in his feet. My husband and I feel really bad for him
because he cannot work. But I am still praying that God will hear my prayers and cause a Miracle because
I need it to keep my Sanity.

Lori..we really want to see your glass work. I love when someone does a Craft I don't know much about. I'm
always the curious one (and obviously Judy & Patsy are too).

Patsy...I think that is so wonderful about your boys serving in the Military. Please also, Thank them for me
about their Service to our Country too. Our Service People, Our Police People, and all our first responders
do not get enough positive recognition from our Country as a whole. Usually just the opposite. Especially
up here in the NW. WA, OR, CA...we are such liberal-minded States that for the Christians who live here it is
like a constant battle to fight for our Religious Freedoms and Beliefs. It can be very disheartening!

Judy...I hope you are feeling better girlfriend. We miss your fun posts...but I have to say that with Patsy
on here more, I can really start to see that she has the same sense of humor. You two girls are two-peas-
in a pod. I LOVE it!!!

We had a good Crafting Night last night. Only 4 of us there but the Laughter was raging! Good Medicine. One
of the gals whose husband has Dementia...he has had to be moved to another facility away from his wife be-
cause he now needs full-time care and she doesn't. So, she is in Assisted Living and he now has to be in a
Memory Care Facility. Well, last night right during Crafting she gets a call from the facility Paul is in
asking if Kathy has seen her husband? He had a VA appointment yesterday and never came back. Well, they
arrange rides for the patients and they are supposed to be dropped off and returned. So, we all stopped and
prayed that God would keep Paul safe, where ever he was and that Papa God would also calm Kathy down. She
suffers from Anxiety. We just finished praying and the Facility where Paul lives called to say he was just
returned and come to find out he had fallen at The VA (not sure how as he is in a Wheelchair) and that they
had taken him into their Emergency Wing and did an MRI and some other tests on him before they returned
him To Memory Care. Paul has tried to escape Memory Care before and so we worried he had done that from
the VA but he hadn't. They just failed to inform anyone that he had fallen. So, Papa answered our prayers
quickly but good grief...has no one heard of The Telephone in those places?? Nobody is ever on the same page.

Well, I'm off to do something constructive from here. Have a Great Weekend My Farm Sisters!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2019 :  3:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Funny you should mention peas Peggy. Back in the CB days (miss those days, but since history repeats itself maybe they will come back) my handle was
Sugar Snap! My mama was Cameo and I forget what my daddy's handle was. Judy? Do you remember?
Jim was Hole Saw since he worked in a place that made all kinds of them.

Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2019 :  6:27:09 PM  Show Profile

Here are the two bigger bottles I finished. I didn't get pictures of the two small ones yet

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page