Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2018 :  4:10:20 PM  Show Profile
Thank Judy, I'll look into that.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2018 :  11:49:29 AM  Show Profile
Hello dear Porchies! I need to go through and catch up on everyone's posts! But I wanted to stop by and say hello <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2018 :  3:57:53 PM  Show Profile
Talking about Clothes Lines Girls...I just noticed that my mom no longer has her clotheslines up. I guess
they have been down for a long time...but just hadn't really paid much attention to the fact that some time ago
they came down. Probably after daddy died when she had his big CB Radio Tower taken down off the roof. The
closeline was attached to the house right under the Tower. Funny the things you notice when you spend some alone
time in your family home. 55 years of Good times and Bad Times and everything in between. I wanted some time to
just sit and reflect in this old house and this week I am getting it. I have good memories from our family life
here and some sad and not so good ones too. But really isn't that what life is all about? I have no tears to shed
over my families passing because we all grew up in this house...even my parents who were young when they bought this
house. My dad was about 33 and my mom 32...I think. They were just kids themselves. But I'm not sad because I know
where they all have gone to...Their Real Home in Heaven. You have heard the saying...IF Walls Could Talk...well these
old walls have been talking to me this week...and it's All Good! No reason to cry! LIFE HAPPENS and Lessons are learned
and time moves on. I have read every scrap of paper left in this house. My mom wrote notes about everything and stuck
them everywhere...and I've read them all. I have found a lot of great treasures her that I didn't even know were in this
old house. It has all been amazing really! I think when it will probably really Hit me hard is when I sell this place.
I don't know for sure but we will see. I am normally a very emotional person. I govern every part of my life by my Heart.
And tears usually come easy to me...but age has seasoned me and now I can appreciate and savor The Memories just move on.

Shannon...good to see you on here. Come back when you can stay and chat.

Darlene...thanks for your comments on here and your E-Cards. It is so Lovely to have all you Porchie Sisters on here
to lift me up and each other.

Judy...I walked by my refrigerator the other day and your little Magnet you had send me stood out and I stopped to read it
again and it made me laugh! I knight you the Porch Jester...because after all I'm the Queen right? ROFLOL

OK...for those that want to know...I bought a new book today (yes, a real one...hardcover and all) and it is called: A PRAIRIE
GIRL'S FAITH ~ The Spiritual Legacy of Laura Ingalls Wilder by Stephen W. Hines at Lifeway Book Store but I am sure it can be
bought at Barnes and Noble or Amazon too. I posted a picture of it on FB today. And Michael Landon Jr. indorsed it. I thought
it would be a nice book to read a chapter or two in the evenings...when I want to relax after working on this house.

My Oldest Son Chris is coming from Seattle to help me for the weekend and to haul Home the things he wants from my Mom's
house. It is funny the things that my boys have picked out. All things that impressed them when they were young boys.
So, it will be fun to spend some one-on-one time with him here.

Love you all My Porch Buds (as Judy calls us).
Blessings and Prayers for all,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 05 2018 3:59:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2018 :  4:03:02 PM  Show Profile
OKAY...I don't know what happened with the font on the above post...but none of you will need your reading glasses. LOL

Also, I caught some misspellings, but not going to go correct them...as I'm just so happy the Message posted this time.
I don't want to press my luck.

More Later Ladies
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2018 :  4:47:26 PM  Show Profile
Peg, I humbly bow to you my Queen!(giggle-snort...I'm actually looking at my shoes... dear me, they do need a good polishing)hahahaha My Mama had lots of slips of paper she'd written scripture and such on, everywhere in her apartment. I have them all. She had such pretty hand-writing!
Isn't this the month Daniel gets to come home or go to a half-way place or some such thing. I've been waiting to hear. Oh, I'm not sure what you mean about the font... it's the same as usual here.(did you find your mom's bottle of cooking sherry?) heehee
Shannon, good to hear a peep from you... please come when you can stay longer. I miss stories about your young-uns!
Today's weather was rain... sun... rain... sun... thunder... rain... now it's sunny but the temp is dropping. Going to be 47 tonight. brrrrr

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2018 :  6:07:05 PM  Show Profile
Mom and Dad bought my childhood home when I was 10. Daddy paid double payments from his disability check from where he was injured in France (he lost two fingers). After they had to give up housekeeping, my sister and I cleaned it out and got ready for the sale. We threw out payments for years of water, sewer, electric, etc. When we got to Daddy's bottom dresser drawer where he kept his Purple Heart. We found bank statements from before he went to war and/or married mom and my sister didn't want to throw them out. I always thought that was funny. But memories do fly.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2018 :  11:59:52 PM  Show Profile
Ok...the computer just ate my post again. That is 3 times this week!

I will be back tomorrow! Good Night Sweet Angels!

Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2018 :  07:39:47 AM  Show Profile
Trying to do some catch here today.

Heather, so good to see you! What sweet baby girls and I love their names. Will be keeping Terry and your best friend's daughter in prayer.

Peggy, I don't envy you that trip. It always takes us 10 hours to get to the grands in Ohio. I will be praying for all you need to accomplish there. I know what it is like to go through all that stuff.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013
"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2018 :  11:15:42 AM  Show Profile
Okay...I'm ready to try this again.

Nora...I have tons of paid receipts etc to go through. I've made it through all the past 5 Yr ones but they have Tax receipts from clear back to cave-man days I swear. LOL One thing I will give my mom credit for...she had very organized paperwork. And so did my Aunt (her sister). I will be saving nothing but the most current ones until all bills are paid up. Which I think I am almost there right now. Plus two creditors owe me refunds. Both my mom and Auntie acted like they had no money and lived rather frugally and they both had plenty of money. I'm telling my kids now...that I plan to spend it all (yes, I'm sharing with my boys too) but I plan to die owing nothing to anyone and all my $ gone. Forget this saving for a rainy day thing. My parents and Aunt have proven to me that when you do that...you die and somebody else gets all your hard earned money! That is crazy! I wish they would have enjoyed life more and not felt like they didn't have any $ to spend.

Denise...I know that you know how difficult this process is and so does Judy (well, probably most of you do) and please keep
the prayers coming. I really need them!!! But yet, I'm not stressed over it as I was at the very beginning. I am asking
God to NOT take my husband in the midst of dealing with mom's death. I think that might just push me over the edge. ~ Yes,
the trip here is not a fun one. Only 7 1/2 hours compared to your 10 but we have driven these hundreds of times in the 33 yrs
since we moved to Vancouver. I think we could do it blindfolded. LOL

Judy...I see you can relate to the hundreds of slips of paper I have found. I haven't saved but just a couple of them though
I have read them all. My Aunt had left single blank white envelopes in all of her belongings. Nothing is written on the outside and No paper or anything on the inside. Just White Envelopes everywhere. Both my son and I thought that was so peculiar! That is one thing my husband doesn't understand about me having to stay here and get this place cleaned
out. Like last night when he called, he asked me how I was feeling and I said, "I'm really tired tonight!" Then he asks me why?
WHY?...that seems a bit obvious to me girls, does it to you????? I said, "From cleaning and packing and digging through stuff."
Then he asked me, "Like what?" I told him I was too tired to give him the box by box details and he got grumpy with me.
I asked him how the dog was because the dog has been acting weird with me gone. He told me he was fine today. Then I asked him
something else (don't remember what) and then he said OK, Well...since you don't want to talk about what you did today,
I'm going to go. I got off the phone shaking my head. I think it is pretty obvious how my days are going but maybe I'm the
one who is obtuse and not him. LOL

Okay girls...I'm off to do some more work. You ALL were my morning break! I work a little and rest a little and repeat!!!

Enjoy your Wednesday! I'm truly thankful for all your prayers too. And when I'm in need of a few giggles...I know I can
hop on here and get them from our Court Jester Judy! ROFLOL

More Later...

Hugs and
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 06 2018 11:23:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2018 :  6:51:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
Just popping in to say hello. I have had a busy week with my grandson here. Today we cleaned up after a terr8ble storm. Lots of wind, hail, and flash flooding. Most of the farmers lost their crops including my hubby family. So heartbreaking to see the fields torn up. We had some damage to our house. Roof guy came and fixed it today and we are on the list for new siding and gutters.

I just started a bible study on the fruit of the spirit with so e teacher friends. Looking forward to getting into it and am reading Jane Eyre right up there after Jane Austen of course.#128525;
Well that is all I know. Grandson is ready to read a story.
Love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2018 :  7:24:10 PM  Show Profile
Sounds heartbreaking, hope the farmers can get their crops back up this year.

I tried to start a new flower bed this week. The chickens thanked me for setting them up a new dusting bed. The flowers are all dead and the bed is full of holes where they have been doing their thing.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2018 :  9:23:33 PM  Show Profile
Awwww.... so sad to hear about the crops. I too hope they can pull it together and get another crop in. I know it's late but.....
Nora, tell them I said, "bad chickys, bad!" *giggle*
We had the 2 cold days they predicted. Tuesday and Wednesday it was low 60's in the daytime and 47/49 at night. I was glad I had left my mattress pad warmer on the bed. It felt soooo good to crawl into a toasty bed.
Now we're back to 70's. Normal spring temps.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 07 2018 9:25:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2018 :  06:26:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi guys! Going to be a busy day here on the homestead. We need to go pick up our next batch of broiler chicks and then get home and then clean the house. Fridays are our cleaning day now, as on Saturdays we always have lots of projects to do... tomorrow will be no different as we will be butchering broilers. Anyways, I also need to finish up some school for the kids and one of our goats are due to freshen today. We have another one that should be due soon, but we don't know exactly what day she got pregnant, as she wasnt planned to be bred. I also need to work on my garden and figure out what needs to be replanted. We had a massive storm come through that dropped hail and tornadoes... no tornado damage thankfully, but the hail plummeted some of my garden to death :( Other plants are trying to hold on, but may need to be replaced as well!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2018 :  12:31:41 AM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy and Shannon...so sorry to hear about the damage from the Storms. I too hope and prayer the farmers can get new
crops in right away...so they have some chance of a harvest this year. Tammy hope you have had fun with your grandson. I miss
mine so much!! I talked to my girls from Seattle last night! It was so good to hear their voices. Elijah is having his friends birthday party tomorrow and I hate to miss it but I have got to get this house done. Shannon sounds like you are as busy as always girl. How is your health doing and how is the baby doing?

Judy...well it sounds like everyone is still having weird weather too. It was in the 80's the last 2 0r 3 days...then tomorrow the high is suppose to be 59 and rainy all day. Chris and I hope to start the yard sale on Sunday. And then Cheryl and I can finish it up next weekend or so. Chris rocked the basement today. I was shocked how much he got done.

Hi Nora...hope everything is going good for you. The chickens sound like a handful. So, are you going to keep trying to put the
flower bed in or give it over to your chickens? They need to mind their manners and behave! LOL

OKay girls, I'm beat. So I'm off here for tonight.

Sleep Tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2018 :  06:18:39 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone! Going to be a busy day here. We need to finish butchering our broilers today, move the rest of our chickens, and hopefully start a duck house. Our goat that was due to freshen yesterday had a single buck. Cute little guy! I'm hoping to get in my garden again as well. We had another storm with a large amount of hail last night. Seems to be the season! Hopefully my garden pulled through!

Peggy you asked about my health and Jenni's... Jenni is doing really well and is gaining slowly but surely. She is rolling all over the floor. Against the doctor's wishes, we just added in some goat milk formula. I had to quit nursing and pumping for her due to a really bad infection, so she went completely on formula... and we knew she was allergic to cow milk but that is what he wanted her on - a formula based off cow milk. Anyways, she started having projectile vomiting as well as diapers that were making her little bum bleed! I said enough was enough and have her on half cow milk formula and half goat milk formula. This way she is still getting what e wants (the cow milk formula) along with milk she isn't allergic to! As for my health - it is BAD! We are hoping to start getting some answers soon. My iron and Vitamin D are depleted in a big way :(

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2018 :  06:35:03 AM  Show Profile
I will replant the flower beds, but I will have to lay goat wire down so they can't dust in it. I could pen the chickens but I like the color of the yolks and I love seeing them around the yard. They get spiteful when I pen them and stop laying. Spoiled chickens, what can I say.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2018 :  3:57:20 PM  Show Profile
Had a reunion yesterday and right after we started eating, it poured for nearly half an hour. Two inches of rain.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2018 :  4:23:37 PM  Show Profile
Shannon~ prayers for you and Jenni!
Nora~ Sorry to hear you all got rain during the reunion. That is a lot of rain in a short time. Better have a talk with those chickies of yours. I made a little fence to keep our girls out. It is is easy to store as I hinged each piece to the next so it can be folded up in the winter and stored. The corners each have a hook and eye so I can open it to get in and out of the garden.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013
"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2018 :  12:37:48 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...this seemed to be the weekend for Storms. Saturday it rained here...so could only do a one day
Estate Sale on Sunday. Which we did pretty good on but boy it was soooooo cold outside. I kept thinking...this is NOT
June weather at all. We just closed down the sale and put stuff in the Garage and it started thundering and Lightening
and all of a sudden we had dime sized hail. It looked like it had been snowing by the time it was done. I had not even
planned to start the Estate Sale this weekend but my Son gently prodded me into doing it. I was having Fibro Flare
from all the storms...but I thought...you better do it while you have help girl. He came all the way from Seattle to
help his Mamma...so buck-up and recuperate tomorrow. So, I went with the flow and we had a good sale. I had planned to
run it again this weekend (which was suppose to be warmer and sunshine) but they showed on the 11:00 News tonight Rain
for the Weekend! Ugg! I want to get this done and go home! Some guy at the Sale yesterday Offered me 90,000 cash on this
house as is, he would pay closing Cost and it would be closed in 5 days. I took his information just to be polite but
there is no way I would leave 50-70 Thousand Dollars on The Table when I know what I can get for this House. My Son is
A Realtor and so I know what fair market value is. I plan to Sell It AS Is for a lot more than he was willing to give
me. Where we live in Vancouver this house would go for 325,000 but Spokane's Housing Market isn't as Inflated as ours is.
But I think I can get at least 160,00 for it. It is a 3 bedroom, 1 bath, with a full basement. We will see, but I'm not
going to give it away!!

Shannon...I don't know about your iron but it seems like everyone's D Levels are Terrible. I think they are supposed to
be at 57 and mine was at 3 when I first was tested. After being on High Doses of D3 with a Maintenance Level of 5,000 iu's
and I walk almost every day in the sun...I was only up to a 17 in 2 years. I think it is a hopeless cause...but I will keep
taking them. And I will keep you and Jenni in my prayers too.

Nora...I had to laugh at your spoiled Chicken comment. Crazy Birds!!! LOL I hope you don't have to replant too much stuff.
Your reunion didn't sound like much fun with so much rain. 2 inches in half an hour...that is insane!

Denise...I liked your chickie solution. And if talking doesn't work...start praying for them. I knew a gal years ago
that use to pray for her chickens all the time. At the time I thought it was sort of weird when she would ask the
Church to pray for her chickens too. I also knew a couple of Pastors who thought it was strange also. But maybe
that is just the difference between City Folks and Country Folks...I don't know. LOL Your fencing sounds genius!

Well, My Beloved Friends have a great Tuesday and I will check back in later on.

Sleep Tight,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2018 :  09:25:52 AM  Show Profile
Good morning yall

Can you see my wings fluttering in protest. I just wrote a whole post and it got eaten....not a happy butterfly.
So I am in to say hello again but that is all cause I don't remember everything I said in the post that was eaten.
It is a cool day here after many days of heat and storms. Enjoying it a great deal. Grandson went home Sunday enjoyed every minute. Yesterday I cleaned house and redid my sacred room and today I am changing sheets and freshen up pillows.

well as I said I don't remember what I was going to say lol so I will fly out for a while. yall have a great day
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2018 :  6:19:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!

Not much happening here. We had one day of partial sunshine. Supposed to be nice the rest of the week but we will see. It has been so rainy this Spring. We get one day here and there so 4 days of sun will be a nice change. Cleaned my carpet today. Boy, I didn't realize how dirty they get and we don't wear our shoes in that room. I'd hate to see it if we did! The dog tracks plenty in there though I'm sure.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2018 :  11:59:06 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies,

Teacher Tammy...sorry you got hit by the Computer Monster too. I hate when he comes and gobbles up our posts!
I could almost feel your wings a flapping from here. You still typed more than I usually do after that happens
to me. Is your sacred room your prayer closet? I can't do a designated room but I have my Special Places that
I go to each day.

Denise...I envy you cleaning your carpets. Mine are so bad at home...I wish we could get new ones. They are beyond
dirty. Management said that we could actually get new carpets but I don't know what we would do with the furniture
to be able to do that. My husband said, "It would be impossible to do", and I have to agree with him. I wish he
would surprise me and just have them cleaned while I was gone but he isn't inclined to do those types of things.

Well, I am cleaning out the rest of the drawers and cupboards at Mom's this week. I have my DIL coming over tomorrow
night and picking out any furniture that they might like to use for their new place. Then this weekend is
suppose to
be real rainy so I won't be able to continue with the Estate Sale until the following weekend. Then I hope to be done
and on my way home the following Tuesday. My Oldest Step-daughter will haul the items that didn't sell away and then
clean the house so I can put it on the Market in July. I will not need to come back to Spokane any more and I will be
so very happy about that! My step-daughter will drive me and my car home that Tuesday and then I will fly her home to
Spokane. I can't drive long distance...I get mesmerized by the road and fall asleep...which is not a good thing! And
she offered to drive me home. So, I was thrilled about that, as it saves my husband another long trip.

Not much else going on in my life...except the guy who offered to buy my house for cash came by today to see if I was
going to take his offer and I told him NO!

Ok, I'm off to dreamland,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2018 :  05:44:02 AM  Show Profile

Sorry ladies, just have to brag a little. My granddaughter, Kayleigh, won the city wide poster contest for stopping bullies. So proud of her. She has grown up so fast. Can't believe she starts middle school in the fall.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2018 :  06:39:44 AM  Show Profile
Nora, How wonderful! You should be proud. The time does fly by doesn't it.

Spent yesterday shredding documents of dad's still going through receipts to make sure everything jives and then they will be shredded too. Not planning to keep much. Peggy, you are a gem! thank you!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2018 :  08:59:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! Brought some tea and coffee cake for all to enjoy here on the porch. It is in hopes of calming everyone's nerves, including my own, as I just lost my post responding to everyone! So I'm just going to update y'all on things here...

It has been a busy week for us! Monday one of our goats had her babies... Twins - a girl and boy. THen yesterday the last pregnant goat had her twins, again a girl and a boy. Today I am continuing to write my Germany geography curriculum for the kids. It has put me in the mood for Christmas in July... so keep your eyes out here on the main forum for a swap :) I went out and messed in my garden some last night.... and got eaten by mosquitos in the process. But oh my garden looks like it is going to be productive. So super happy!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page